Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasonal Terror and Tepani | Obulette, Harvest Day Festival

objective_1.png

Obulette
div-orange.png
Costume: Vampire
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Hmm, your hair is more... silver-y, than it is white," Valery said. "I was going for big and cuddly." She nodded, then put the credits down to buy the Wampa as well. Unless she was buying for the kids (Or maybe clothes), Valery didn't throw money around that much. But today was all about having fun with the family, so these little silly purchases didn't bother her at all. The kids all had a toy or plushie, and Kahlil would have his Wampa.

Should she pick something for herself too?

"Hey Aris? Do you see anything that might be fun for me?" Valery looked at her son and picked up on that little smile of his. Always reserved, but she knew how much it meant to him.

"What about the witch?" Vera asked with a giggle, while she pointed at the old and ugly looking witch doll.

Just wow.

The triplets, meanwhile, had bunched up again as a little Ewok army, and were showing off their toys to each other. At least, until a man appeared out of nowhere in a scary-looking costume of Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren and yelled a loud "Boo!" to startle them. All three of the triplets screamed, and ran to hide behind their parents. They were all crying now, and clearly didn't like it at all while they hid behind Kahlil's legs. The man didn't seem to be bothered by it though, and laughed it off, "Aw come on, it's the spooky season!" he tried to argue.

But Valery was livid.

objective_3.png

obulette.png

Tags: BB-610 BB-610

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

He added that every day felt like a reminder that things can never be normal, and that he desperately needed a day away from the Alliance and the kids.

"Hey, we all need a break from something," Jalen assured, giving a warm smile. "I... I love my home... the Jedi... my family... but that comes with struggles. Violence. Wars break out, and people get hurt. I don't ever see any of it, but I... experience those things in a different way. Every time I go in to treat refugees I can feel all of their pain screaming out..."

The young man sighed, giving a faint tilt of his head as he reflected on the aftermath of Ryloth he had seen at the Sellian Praxeum. It was the same fare over and over again, an endless cycle. It could feel so helpless at times to be trapped in a revolving door like that.

But his heart still burned with a passion to help.

"But I like what I do," he noted, "And saving lives. People... they need that. That's why I like to step away like this. It gives the soul a break. Latching on to things to tightly can make you dispise the things you love..."

So it was better to just let it all out, to come out and blow off some steam. Jalen was surprisingly rythmic for an individual without sight. He wove around the people at the concert flawlessly with graceful motion, keeping in step with his stepless partner in a shockingly effective manner. The smile would return to his face.

"I'm glad you're opening up about stuff," Jalen beamed. "We all need an outlet for stress, even those of us that are mechanical. And hey, for what it's worth I'm always here if you need something. Well, maybe not always, but you know where to find me."

Because that's what friends were for.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No, not a witch."

Aris shook his head before looking towards where the stuffed dolls all were. Then he found it. A vampire dog wolf looking plushie. He nodded once before lifting it up to hold it towards Valery with a smile. At least until the triplets screamed.

Seszil was the first to truly act. The triplets terror filled screams had the guardian blade cut through the air with a lethal intention. Vera had already been kidnapped before. Targeted by assassinations. There was no chill from the floating sword. It was Kahlil that stopped them, casually catching the blade to halt the point from skewering the man where he stood. Kahlil kept a calm smile as he lowered the blade, let it return to it's floating position near the children.

Seszil wouldn't apologize.

"There are sections for the more horror aspects elsewhere. I would advise that next time you go there, rather than terrorize little kids. Never know what might happen when children are in danger."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

objective_1.png

Obulette
div-orange.png

Valery looked at Aris with a bright smile and took the offered plushie. It was very cute, and she liked it. But the fact that her son had picked it for her made it even better. "I'm taking this one, thanks Aris," Valery said but before she was able to pay for it, she heard her little ones scream and turned around fast. The momma bear inside her roared, and while Seszil already moved to protect them, she looked like she was about to fold a man in half as well.

But Kahlil caught Seszil before something terrible could happen, and his calmness stopped her from going too far as well. She just watched, and focused on the man who was panicking now.

"S-sorry! I-I d-didn't mean to!" he stammered. Without another word, he turned around and ran off, leaving the Nobles alone with upset triplets.

"It's okay, the mean man is gone," Vera said as she walked over and offered some of her candy to them. They blinked, sniffed a little, then took the candy and smiled again. "Mommy and Daddy will never let anybody hurt you. I know because they did that for me too." she patted them on the heads and looked at Aris. "Seszil and Aris will also help, always."

Valery tilted her head and looked at her husband. "Why don't we head back? Let the kids get a count on their candy, and then we're off to our little date." Their first-ever date had been a horror themed party too, so as a way to remember that little anniversary, she had booked them tickets to a Haunted House.

"Before I end up actually attacking someone for scaring my babies." She flashed her fake vampire teeth and leaned down to pick up two of the triplets, with Aeryn choosing for her Dad.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm sure."

Kahlil just watched the man run, idly thinking about what it might be like if he took a tumble. Not that he'd cause one, but there was a brief flash of such a desire through the bond with Valery. He had his moments too, especially when his children were threatened. He nodded though, smiling towards Valery after the man was out of sight. Date night would be fun. A good way to not let this kind of stress eat away at him, or her.

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Let's head back you lot, yeah?"

Aris nodded to Kahlil before giving the triplets a smile and a thumbs up. Seszil had acted first, but even Aris was poised to strike if someone tried to threaten the triplets. "Family keeps family safe."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Syala sighed to herself as Ko found some way to defend his choice of not getting cybernetic eyes, shaking her head ever so slightly. "But are you willing to risk that, when an innocent person could be in danger?" She was already trying to manipulate Ko, obviously indirectly without trying to make it obvious as to what she was doing. "It might be difficult for someone to cut you off from the Force...but that could be the difference between life or death. The difference between an innocent person dying. Between you dying. Or even one of your friends dying. Is that a risk you are willing to take?" The Half-Nagai tilted her head ever so slightly, as she was trying to play on the urge that most Jedi had to protect others. Fighting the urge to smirk to herself. Just because Ko couldn't see with his eyes, didn't mean he might not be able to see her grinning like a maniac.

Though she then raised her eyebrows as Ko took her hands to dance with her and she fought the urge to break out into a fit of giggles. For some strange reason, she found the idea of the blind Jedi dancing with her...amusing. If only he knew who she actually was. "You better not step on my feet." She teased Ko gently, even though in reality it was an actual threat. She had plenty of ways of getting her payback if the Kel Dor stepped on her feet...He had already broken her hand in the past after all.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

objective_1.png

Obulette
div-orange.png

<I know what you're thinking.> He wasn't exactly trying to hide it from her, but she still liked calling him out. She met his gaze with quite the smirk, then turned to her children. Vera and Aris were both quite amazing at taking care of their siblings, and she loved having their help calming the little ones down. They had already stopped crying and sniffling, and each one was focusing on their own peace of candy for now.

Until their dad spoke up, and they all looked at him, "Mhm!" they called out together before spreading out. Aeryn stayed closer to her father, while Aurra wanted to be picked up by her mother. Adam was the only one to not turn to his parents, and instead got closer to Aris.

He really looked up to his big brother.

"This was fun," Valery told Kahlil while she stepped closer. "I'm also looking forward to our date. I've already packed everything we need for it." She looked at him with a widening smirk and shot him a wink.

First, it was time to go home.

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS
~paint your palette blue and grey~

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

0v7RlQs.png

OBULETTE, TAPANI SECTOR, COLONIES REGION

With that, Rayne dived right into my mind. There's such a weird sensation from the get go. It's like, there's another soul creeping up inside my head, in all the literal and metaphorical sense, looming, hovering, and finally making a cold, yet soft contact. It's such a foreign feeling, maybe this is how non-force users feel when a force-user is infiltrating their mind, if not even stranger since they can't comprehend what is happening to them. It does take a while to adjust, every movement sends shivers down my spine, and my heart aching anxiously in the process. I elected to put one of my hands over hers, not thinking how it would make her feel, at the moment. It's just so overwhelming in those few seconds, that I needed reassurance that it all went well. That there are no complications. That she meant well.

After a moment, I started to adjust and welcome the change. It's still the same, I can feel another soul inside of me still, but the feeling itself, it turned from one of anxiety to something heartwarming. From an intruder to a welcomed guest. I realized that my face could've been so pale before, drooped and full of worries, so I lifted my chin, my eyes meeting hers, as I started to open my memories to her.

It goes briefly, with cutscenes rather than narrations, from my childhood, the memorable birthdays mentioned beforehand, how I fell into the underworld, how I was recruited into a terrorist organization, life there, how I managed to escape and got accepted by the New Jedi Order, the pain of leaving my mother on her own down there, the fact that despite I was accepted by the Order, it still leaves a harrowing hollow abyss inside of me, some of my first missions, barring the classified information, up until when I was informed that I would be knighted. And the week before the knighting. NO!

I jolted back, almost falling from the restaurant stall we're sitting at. Have you ever been struck by lightning? Because that's exactly how it felt. It's just heartbeat pumping so quickly all of the sudden, feeling tired, and inside, it feels like I've been burnt. It took a while until I managed to stabilize, and that's when it crossed my mind that it wasn't just me in my brain at the time. Chit. I looked across for Rayne, who's also there, not looking like herself. "Rayne! I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I leaned over to check on her. I'm not sure if she was just surprised, if I accidentally struck her, or if it's something more serious, either neurally or within the force.
0v7RlQs.png

"Rayne! I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

Rayne nodded, sitting in a bit of a daze as she tried to process what she had seen. It was like her entire life flashed before her eyes, and yet it wasn't her life. It was his. Foundational memories, all stored within a digital format. It had drawn her in completely, and suddenly she had to take a moment to remember where she was.

"I... I think I'm good," she noted, patting the sides of her face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to look at all of that..."

And then she was fully back in reality. He had leaned in closer to check on her. That combined with the realization that his hand had totally just been on her's made her face light up red as the dim star above Obulette. She awkwardly brushed her Lekku over her shoulder as she attempted to recompose herself after seeing what was quite literally the man's entire life story. His eyes were very hard to look away from though, and her own shifted back, recalling the moment that they had locked eyes before when he opened his memories.

"I'm not sure what happened," the Twi'lek remarked, frowning a little. "You opened... something. It was kinda like I got pulled in."

An awkward expression spread across her face as she glanced around with embarrassment. How long had they been sitting there staring at each other while she was in his head? Had it been weird?

"We weren't doing that for too long, were we?" Rayne asked. "Time feels weird all of a sudden."

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

"Did I hurt you?" I reached for her sides of the face on instinct, catching her hand again as her hand also tried to caress her own face. Talking about awkward. However, she did apologize for peeking in my mind, and it quickly stole my attention away from the awkwardness. "Don't apologize, what I showed you I did consensually." In fact, she did say that she just wanted to take a peek, but I got carried away showing her a sneak peak of my life.

It felt so real, even more than when I'm deep diving on my own. I guess, because it was presented the way it was to Rayne, I also experienced it the way she did. And it all went so well, fond memories, bittersweet memories, that's why I got carried away. Until that specific memory came. The one with mom. "It's just… it reached a memory that I often want to avoid." That was partly a lie. It's not like I never think about it. I do, often, but it's just never felt this real before. It was like, I'm back in that very room, her possessed body right across. It might be a constant nightmare, but with nightmare you know that it will end and you will wake up. With the one earlier, it felt too real. "I'm sorry that I got carried away, showing you all that."

And then there was that, silence. Our faces close, breath intertwining. I've noticed the little things since I jolted out of the memory reading. Crimson blushes, I'm sure that's not just her, the slight movement of her lekku, all while our eyes are fixated on one another. Until she broke the silence with her question.

"I think we just did…" I answered sheepishly, taking the moment to take a break from the deep eye contact, electing to lean backwards and stretch my hands. From a quick glance, it seems that some eyes are glued on us. I don't even want to know what they are thinking. "Wanna take a walk?"
0v7RlQs.png

His hand landing on her cheek made Rayne's head spin even more. She was so terribly awkward, so it wasn't very often that she wound up in situations that seemed more... intimate.

Was this intimate? It was hard to tell, but her tomato red face certainly seemed to think that it was. She let out a breath, letting her mind process everything that he was saying. A bad memory? She could relate. There were certainly things in her own mind that she much prefered stayed there, unseen by the rest of the galaxy. It wasn't too hard to understand why he had cut off the connection. The Twi'lek would have done the very same thing if she was stressed as well.

"It's okay," Rayne assured. "I... don't mind. It was kinda cool."

The notice of staring faces around them did make her momentarily rub at the back of her neck nervously. They probably had made a bit of a scene, huh?

"Wanna take a walk?"

In that moment, Rayne did something she would have considered to be highly abnormal. The young woman reached across the table, taking Aymeric's hand. By the time she had done so it was far too late to retract, so she kind of just gave an awkward smile, though there was an attempt to make it a reassuring one.

"I'd like to take a walk," she decided.

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
9TivyUl.png

Tag: Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , open!

5uN0d7G.png

As Kathryn looked up, pulling back a strand of hair from her vision, she recognised the red headed commando towering above her. No wonder she had fallen over because of the six feet ten man. However, they were on the same side in this war and his heart were actually filled with good intent, despite his sometimes hard red gaze. Their first encounter had been making a patrol together on Geonosis, which had been more than... eventful. An encounter that were put in stark contrast to noticing an almost childish and adorable side of him when trying to have fun at a winter celebration, not knowing exactly how to carry himself. In recent times, they had crossed paths under the command of commodore Liedran Kathause of the Galactic Alliance.

"Kathryn? It's been a while, didn't expect to see you here." He replied. He reached out a hand, offering to help her up. "Sorry about that, didn't see you, what are you doing here anyway?"

Kathryn smirked, shaking her head hopelessly at the guy. ''Yeah! And the first thing you do is to knock me to the ground?'' she said, preparing to explain herself if he didn't get that she were just pulling his leg. Red could be a bit complicated when it came to sarcasm and irony. She took his hand and stood up, brushing her jacket off somewhat.

''What am I doing here?'' she chuckled, while giving him an amused yet friendly and warm smile. ''I think a better question would be; What are you doing here, Red? Taking a break from the war, enjoying the candles and drinking pumpkin spiced cider?'' she asked, hands resting in the pockets of her long jacket.

5uN0d7G.png

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

Oh… This is interesting. I know that Rayne, at the very least, was intrigued, judging by her body language, but I never thought that she would do what she just did. She seems like a shy lady that wouldn't initiate advances, but I guess I was wrong. Or she actually vibes hard with me. Or she's just saying fuck it, let's enjoy the night and see where this is going. I don't know, I'm sure of nothing, but this feels nice. As she accepted my offer, I kept her hand on mine, making our way out of the noodle joint. We did spend quite some time inside, with the whole mind-exploring shenanigans, the sky's already dark and more lanterns are on the street. It is very beautiful, and coincidentally romantic. Who would've thought that this is how the night would proceed to be. It's very rare for me to vibe intimately with another person this quickly.

Which begs the question, am I an nerf herder for letting this moment go, savoring every single second and touch, when I know that it's almost impossible that this ever turns into something serious, at least for the time being. I know for a fact that my life is dedicated to the New Jedi Order, on pursuing the position of Jedi Shadow. I know for a fact that I am a broken man that drags down anyone close. I know for a fact that I got a mountain worth of issues, ready to explode at any given time. And I know that I would only hurt Rayne eventually, if there are certain hopes or expectations that she has. Yet, this feels so nice. It's been ages since I've been with someone I vibe more than just physically.

Stopping underneath a lantern-decorated gate, I took both of Rayne's hands, looking at her gently. I've also been thinking of what to say the whole time, not wanting to ruin the mood or anything. Some people said that I can be natural at flirting, but I would argue heavily against that. I often have no idea what to say, I'm very awkward. It's just… I know that I'm quite attractive, so I sometimes succeed in spite of my awkwardness. Or that's what I think it is. Now it is quite similar, all I can think about is how this is a costume cultural event, and Rayne doesn't seem to be wearing one, so I go with that.. "So… what's the backstory here?" I asked her, my eyes glanced at her costume for a second or two, before trailing back to her eyes. "What are you supposed to be tonight?" I added, referring to what she's wearing, though the question can be quite vague if her mind didn't instantly goes to the nature of the event.
0v7RlQs.png

"So… what's the backstory here?" I asked her, my eyes glanced at her costume for a second or two, before trailing back to her eyes. "What are you supposed to be tonight?"

Suddenly finding both of her hands in his did well to increase her heart rate, but Rayne tried her best to play it off as cool as she could. She was not built for interaction like this, but she was going to try her best. The young Twi'lek gave a mute chuckle, nervously crinkling her nose.

"A broke girl too lazy to change out of her pajamas," she admitted. "I don't really have the witts to throw together a costume..."

She'd smile awkwardly, glancing away for a second as she tried to collect her thoughts on where to carry the conversation. Rayne hadn't really ever gotten into a situation like this before, what with her reclusive life in a home-made walker. The situation of her lifestyle hadn't even become a factor yet in her anxiety. He'd probably find it sad and weird, right? Maybe thinking was a bad idea...

"They're comfey, at least," Rayne shrugged. "That's enough for me... but I'm sure you feel cool in your suit of armor. Which it is. Cool, I mean."

That sucked. At least they both seemed pretty awkward. As bad as she felt about herself, at least she could take some comfort in the fact that he probably felt the same way about his self. The idea of a costume was also in her mind now, which probably wasn't great for her either. She probably couldn't afford any of the cute ones that sat in the windows of shops spread around Obulette. Maybe one day, whenever she had the actual capability to live in more than just a glorified mobile home.

"I'm... open to costume suggestions," she noted. "For next year, anyways."

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

I can feel nervousness and shame in her voice as she answered my question earlier. A broke girl in her pajamas. She did mention that she's a scrapper, and has hinted that she didn't have the best of an upbringing. It crossed my mind whether it would be appropriate to give her a career suggestion. She's definitely talented enough in the force, I know for a fact that she has potential somewhere else, whether it's within the Order or not. I decided against it, however, I believe that it's always better to leave someone to their own devices in this matter, for them to discover their own calling, barring some urgent situations. Instead, I elected to distract her from her wandering thoughts, keeping one hand on hers and leading the way to a nearby decorated garden.

"I can't believe that it's for a lack of wit. I haven't met a lot of technomancer, but what you did earlier was amazing." I complimented her as we started to walk again. She proceeded to make a comment about my costume, which she thought to be cool. She's partly right, I guess, it's a nice costume. However, I do not feel cool wearing it. "You want to know how I feel about my costume?" On the contrary. "I feel ridiculous. This costume feels clunky, it attracts too much attention, and it's hot and sticky inside." I've been looking forward to the end of the day ever since I stepped out of my ship with the costume, so that I could get off it, back in my comfy Jedi suit. The last hour or so did distract me from the fact that the costume is uncomfortable, but now that the topic is brought back up, it makes me think if I should even put it on in the first place. "It's just, everyone else was wearing a costume too, and I guess I don't want to feel like I'm the odd man out." I glanced away from Rayne, across the street, looking at two Jedi, or perhaps only one of them is a Jedi, in a couple costumes. It wasn't meant to come across as a sad thing, just getting it across that this whole thing isn't really up my alley, and that sometimes I do have to put an extra effort to adapt to my surroundings, that it doesn't come natural to me. Yet I know that sometimes people took my normal expression as one of sorrow, just another part of my awkwardness, so who knows?

What I know is that we just reached the garden and it's beautiful this time of the year. I usually don't enjoy the crowd, but this garden, while still occupied with people, does feel serene. It's like the people here are radiating positive energy. Rayne asked for a suggestion of a costume, if she'll ever be in another one of such occasions, and my mind goes back to the scene earlier, where she was trying to make her exit from a conversation, and I was her knight in shining armor. I can't help but chuckle at the memory of said scene, and how ironic that we met because she didn't want to talk to someone, only to end up having a long, intimate conversation with me.

"Hmmm, next year? Perhaps you should take turns to be my knight in shining armor? I feel like a Jedi battle-armor would suit you well." I told her in a teasing tone as we stride on the garden, taking in the magnificent view. "That's if you're not a Jedi yet by then. You don't want to be the person who wears their work uniform to a costume party." I half-joked, making a reference at the man who was talking to her earlier. I might have decided against giving her career advice, but I can always give hints, nudge her to open her mind to the many opportunities in the galaxy, ones that I'm pretty sure she's capable of taking. Who knows what's going to happen in a year's duration.

"Same spot, next year?" I asked Rayne in a lower voice and volume, my eyes fixated on hers as I can feel her slightly erratic heartbeat in the force.
0v7RlQs.png

"It's just, everyone else was wearing a costume too, and I guess I don't want to feel like I'm the odd man out."

"Hey, sometimes being the odd one out can be fun," Rayne suggested with a shrug. "If we were all the same, the galaxy would be a boring place."

She was very often the odd one out, so she very much understood what he was feeling. Especially coming after flattery made at her dispense, Rayne wasn't just going to let him talk himself down. She was fine when it was herself, but something about others being down in the dumps always made her stomach turn.

The Twi'lek did give an awkward chuckle whenever Aymeric mentioned Jedi battle armor.

"That's sweet," she noted, "But... I don't know if that's the life for me. I'm not really a fighter..."

It was pretty obvious just by looking at her. Tall and imposing, sure, but she was more importantly a big softie. You wouldn't get much more out of her than a snide insult. All bark, no bite. That wasn't good material for a Jedi Warrior at all, or at least Rayne thought that was the case. It didn't help that, deep down, she really was a coward. It was a conflict that constantly played out in her own mind.

"Same spot, next year?"

"Yeah..." the young woman nodded. "Next year..."

She frowned a little. That seemed so far away.

"Maybe something inbetween too," she added.

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

"You're not wrong… A lot of times it's not a problem for me, I'm used to it. For some reason, it does matter in some circumstances for me, sometimes in such minuscule things. Like this costume." That's wise words she's saying, and it makes me smile hearing her reassurance. It's not a feeling that can go away easily, yet it's nice to know that there is someone else who understands that sentiment.

"Which is frustrating because I've been waiting to get off of this armor since the first five minutes of the event." A half-chuckle, half-sigh escaped my mouth when I think about how hot it is being inside this armor and the particular reason I was willing to endure this uncomfortable feeling.

What she said to the joke I made made me scrunch my forehead. It's not about the rejection, but the way her voice goes lower and the lack of confidence in the way she talks. "Being a Jedi isn't just about fighting, you know? There are Jedi who mainly heal, write, study about the nature of the force, and conduct diplomacy." I told her. I didn't mean to bring up the topic, but what she thought about the NJO was a misunderstanding. Sure, we do have a lot of warriors, me included, but we are much more than that. "Either way, it was just a joke… although I do think that you would make a great addition to our Order." I added, reassuring that I only think of her as a good person, at least from what I know from this short meeting.

Observing her face closely as we went on talking, I noticed a frown when I mentioned the prospect of meeting next year. That wasn't really what I meant, however, I can't deny that I don't know, and haven't thought about meeting her again in the near future. I have my thing, all the efforts and concentration I had to put in to reach my goals. I would like to meet her again, albeit I don't think anything 'serious' would work. "I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to travel outside of work… " It somehow saddens me saying that, she's been nothing but a nice companion so far, and I do want to get to know her better. Until, I realized that, maybe, I shouldn't be beating around the bush for too long. She's quite an awkward person, so am I, and nothing is ever going to happen if I'm not asking her.

"What about… you want to spend the rest of the evening with me?" I asked, glancing ever so slightly at her eyes, as I can feel the heat rising on my reddened cheeks and sheepish smile forming on my face. What's the worst that's going to happen anyway? Rejection? We can still be friends either way.
0v7RlQs.png

"Either way, it was just a joke… although I do think that you would make a great addition to our Order."

She sighed, giving a faint smile. It was a kind sentiment, but she didn't know if she could. Rayne liked the independance, being able to go wherever she wanted whenever. The freedom was nice. She didn't really jive with the idea of being at the beck and call of some council or whatever, especially after losing track of her childhood.

It was the next thing he said that did rise a more clear reaction out of her.

"What about… you want to spend the rest of the evening with me?"

"I... uh..." Rayne began, her cheeks reddening as she pulled at her collar.

What did she even say to this? It was really more... intimate then anything she would've done before. Was that something that she could even handle emotionally? Ultimately, she wouldn't know if she didn't say yes.

She wouldn't be a coward today.

"Sure," she finally nodded, giving a warm smile. "Why not."

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

Oh… that works as well as it could. But, why would I get so nervous all of the sudden. Isn't this something that I would enjoy? Feeling my fingers getting sweaty, I took my handkerchief to dry it while thinking about what to do. Of course, this scenario is quite different from the usual, meeting someone in the club and whatnot. This is much more intimate and sincere, much less direct.

On the flipside, with all my doubts of myself and the prospect of something more serious, I don't want to expect too much or get attached too quickly. I know how that feels, as a loner, but that's a feeling I actively avoid, consciously detaching myself from the needs of familiar companions, even if the pangs in my heart only grew bigger every passing day. Hopefully, saying that I'm not even sure of my future availability passed this point across. Maybe not. I guess we'll just have to see… and improvise.

So… where to now? I know that I can't tolerate this costume for another hour, I didn't plan for the night to get this long. "Do you mind if I change to something more comfortable first?" I said as I took her hand and we made our way away from the garden. That would mean that we would have to drop by the rented cottage I'm staying in. The good thing is, it's a nice, long pavement road heading there, which is filled with street vendors selling local handicrafts. I wouldn't mind taking a pit stop on some of them, or just enjoying the walk and conversation.

Speaking of, dumb Aymeric, I haven't even asked Rayne where she lives. It very much could change a bit of what lies ahead. "So, do you happen to live here in Obulette, or is this just a work visit?" I asked her in a low voice, stealing glances at her pretty face.
0v7RlQs.png

"Do you mind if I change to something more comfortable first?"

"Right, yeah," Rayne nodded. "Of course."

He probably wasn't having too much fun in that hot and sweaty armor. She most certainly wouldn't want to be stuck wearing something she found uncomfortable. The mention of where she lived came up, to which the young Twi'lek gave an awkward smile.

"I'm not a resident," she told him. "But I also don't really have a... home planet at the moment. Just a land transport I built. I'll ferry it from planet to planet every few months to collect and sell tech. It's... not flashy, but I can go where I like for the most part. It can be really lovely. You get to enjoy a lot of great sights from the comfort of your own bed... Just... lonely at times."

That was sort of the overwhelming sentinement about her independance. It was freeing, but it came at the cost of social connections. She was always moving, always going to new places to find new things to keep the gas in her tank. It was hard to sit down and make long-standing relationships with the people that she met. Maybe that was what drew her to an interaction like this. Her heterochromatic eyes kept shifting back to his face. He was... looking at her, but in the mushy flattering kind of way. It very much added to the bubbly feeling in her stomach.

"A few Jedi have visited my home, actually," she noted with a mute chuckle. "One lady was going way too fast on her speeder and got in a wreck. I think she was actually pretty important, but I didn't ask her too many questions..."

Her encounter with Valery Noble Valery Noble had been a while ago now. It was a grounding encounter, or at least it was for how Rayne saw the Jedi Order. They were just people, really. People with a weird wizard religion that fought the forces of evil, but people nontheless. That was something that the young woman could understand.

"So, did they set you up with a hotel room or something out here?" the Twi'lek asked, her curiosity peaking a little. "I bet your order set you up with something real snazzy."

Even without the clear tone in her vocoder, there was perhaps an element of teasing in her words. It was a sign that Rayne was becoming more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom