Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasonal Terror and Tepani | Obulette, Harvest Day Festival

"But what if you don't have access to the Force? If someone just snaps their fingers and your connection to it is cut off?" Syala tilted her head at Ko's words. She could understand that he was trying to stay positive, but she thought it was ridiculous. You should take whatever advantage you could get. Though why she was trying to help Ko, instead of just letting him deal with his blindness. It would be much more useful for her if she allowed him to stay as blind as a bat...or well, a Force bat, she supposed. Urgh, Corazona must have rubbed off on Syala more than the Sith had expected...Trying to help people when she really shouldn't. Either way, she shook her head trying to stay focused on Ko instead.

The Half-Nagai gave a half hearted chuckle to Ko's comment about her name, before focusing on her dancing. She wasn't expecting him to keep up with her, but either way, it was a good way to get her energy out. Just twisting and turning whilst taking in the energy around her. The enjoyment everyone was having at the festival, the sounds of the music vibrating through her feet. It was quite fun if she was being totally honest to herself. Maybe not as fun as fighting, but maybe she could focus on learning more about dancing in the future...Who knows. For now however, she was just going to focus on doing her own thing, which was why she was even here in the first place.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

objective_1.png

div1.png
Costume: Fireman

This time, he was going to win their little game.

Either from her mother or her master, Briana had learned how to be quite the tease, but Aiden was good at keeping his cool. It didn't mean that her little tricks couldn't affect him, but he tried not to show just how it really made him feel. He just remembered, and today was his chance to get a little revenge. He had told Briana to meet him at the entrance of the town, since they had both been apart for work.

This would be the first time they saw each other again in 3 weeks, and afterwards, they were off hunting for a new home on Naboo. What he had failed to mention, either on purpose or not, was his choice of costume.

He was showing up as a fireman. The hot kind.

While he waited for her to arrive, he leaned against a fence and looked around. It was fun to see all the families showing up, either with kids or just couples who might one day start their own family. It made him think back to the ring he bought, and the future he wanted with Briana. Maybe it was time to finally do something with that.

He had kept pushing it back ever since that vampire nearly killed him. What if he asked her to marry him, and then never came back?

He shook his head to get out of the negative thoughts, and focused on the happy families again. It helped him ignore the looks he was getting from people too.

Some were a little too interested.

objective_3.png

obulette.png

Tags: BB-610 BB-610

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

The droid warbled, his binary growing increasingly concerned as he pleaded for Jalen to not tell her that he was out here, and that he was scared that she'd think he was being a bad influence on the children.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Jalen assured, giving a gentle smile. "This stuff is harmless, really. It's just music. A little moody, but not a bad influence. I'm sure Val wouldn't care... but I'll keep my mouth shut for you."

Music was a good thing, even when it seemed more 'voilent' or 'suggestive.' It was an outlet, a way to get out the woes of the soul and turn it into art. Something beautiful. Whavever the members of Sithspit had been through they had managed to transform into a raw expression of passion, a metamorphasis of the cold and bleak into something full of life and light. That was the best thing that anyone could do, really.

Especially in a time of turmoil.

Bee would lift up a utility arm, to which Jalen let out a soft laugh. He did quite enjoy the company of his round friend. It really had been too long since he had seen the astromech. They asked him why he was here, to which Jalen let out a sigh.

"I'm tired," he admitted. "With all of this 'Crusade' business going on, refugees have been flooding into GA space. Wounded people. I... became a GA certified field medic recently. I've been helping back at the Jedi Praxeum on Sellia II. It's been pretty bleak, so I figured I'd... y'know, take a break. Get away from it all for a bit."

He really did need the break.

"Well, enough of that," Jalen brushed asside. "Come on, I'll teach you how to dance. It's... usually a little easier with feet, but I think we can manage something."

Jalen was quite good at dancing now. He had come a long way from getting punched in the jewels at weddings, that was for certain. Or maybe a part of it was simply the fact that he was blind and couldn't see it. He liked to think that he had made progress at the very least.

To that end ignorance was bliss. He and Bee weren't to dissimilar in that regard.

Todblaz Graker

Makes me wish for a nuclear winter

objective_1.png

Tags: Katherine Holt Katherine Holt
Outfit: (What he's wearing in the image)

Tod walked around, periodically looking up at the lights as he did. His music played a nice blues song that helped sooth the walk, but unfortunately it broke again. His music suddenly cut out for the second time that night, he hit the side of his helmet but like the first time the song remained dead. He stood there quietly and sighed, his arms falling to his sides.

Looking back up he walked towards the side of the walkway to get out of traffic. Upon doing so he saw a performer doing a contortion act. The way they bent their body was captivating to the doctor. While he understood the mechanics of joints, witnessing someone utilize them so skillfully was still fascinating.

Posting up next to someone in an angel costume, "Odd how they can do that," Tod said to the individual without looking in her direction. "Like I understand how the joints work, but still it impresses me. They certainly can use them better than I'll ever be able too."

He turned his attention to the woman and extended a gloved hand toward her. "Anyway, I'm Tod," he introduced himself.

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS
~paint your palette blue and grey~

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

0v7RlQs.png

OBULETTE, TAPANI SECTOR, COLONIES REGION

I gave the mysterious stranger a friendly nod as the lady pulled me away by the arm and walked me around the corner. I can't help but feel a tint of blushes creeping up my face, not that my pale complexion ever helps in this regard. The relief on her face, and in the ripple of the force, when I decided to rescue her from the awkward encounter, it's not that often that I get to play a hero, a knight in shining armor if you will. The usual, run-on-the-mill day is filled with meditations and reading books, while most missions I've partaken in don't involve helping civilians in distress. I also just noticed that the lady is very tall, perhaps a couple of inches taller than me. Whether she is a Jedi or not, she'd make a good one, I took the mental note to ask her about it later.

When we reached a more quiet area, she let go of my arm, only to hide her face behind her hands and apologize profusely for what happened. Talking about awkward… "Hey, don't apologize for it. I don't enjoy the crowd either, I know how it feels." I put my hands on her shoulders, not really knowing how to appease a lady in distress. Dealing with people has never been my greatest strength, I'm more knowledgeable in arcane magic and dark side artifacts. I do enjoy observing people doing their errands, but that's the extent of it. Even within the NJO, I wouldn't say that I have anyone that I can call a friend. Chummy colleagues, perhaps there's a couple. "Aymeric." I offered her a handshake, smiling at the lady. I have a feeling that she was uncomfortable with the mysterious stranger because of his anonymity. "I think I've seen you before, with some padawans, I just can't pinpoint the whereabouts. Are you a Jedi?" I added, curious if she is indeed a colleague or padawan that I just missed for some reason.
0v7RlQs.png

A hand fell on her shoulder. From the look in the stranger's eyes it was intended to be one of reassurance, but Rayne only felt her face burn up even more so. At least the words he was saying were nice, enough for her to brush the nerves back just a little bit so she could actually process the things that the man was saying. He gave his name, Aymeric, then asked a question she hadn't been expecting...

"I think I've seen you before, with some padawans, I just can't pinpoint the whereabouts. Are you a Jedi?"

"Huh?" Rayne reacted, tilting her head. "Oh, no. I'm not a Jedi at all, just a... regular bystander. I feel like I run into them a lot though, which I'm guessing you as well?"

He seemed like a Jedi, probably. Aymeric certainly felt force sensitive at the very least.

She had a soft spot for kids ultimately. It was what had put her where a bunch of their padawans had been, usually by some reason or another.

"Oh, right," she continued, shaking his hand rather briskly "I'm Rayne. I'm... just a scrapper. Nothing fancy, really."

Or special, or interesting, or cool are also things that she wanted to throw in there, but that seemed like an increadibly depressing undertone to give to her first meeting with a well-mannered stranger. The Twi'lek folded her hands in front of her, tilting her head as she contemplated a good course of action. She didn't want to just say thanks and call it a day. That seemed kind of rude, and awkward (which she definately was), but that was beyond the point. As far as she was concerned, she owed a favor now.

It didn't take long for an idea to pop into her head.

"I appreciate the save," Rayne noted. "I'm not that good with people... Hey, let me make it up to you. I was about to go grab a bite to eat. You can come along if you'd like to, Mr. Aymeric."

People liked food. Or maybe she liked food. Regardless, it seemed a good deal. She eats, he eats, his fair get's paid, they're even, everyone's happy, the end.

Probably.

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

Did she just blush on my touch? Oh lord, I really shouldn't have done that. It's already too late, but hopefully she doesn't feel too uncomfortable. Her question pulled me off my overthinking, and it took me a while before I managed to make sense of the simple question, and come up with an answer. "I'm a knight…" I said, looking at the lady's face, before my eyes went down to my own costume. Oh… silly me… "I meant, a Jedi Knight." I added after a few seconds pause.

I can sense awkwardness and a little hint of sadness in her voice when she introduces herself. Crap, I'm not good at this. "Oh… you certainly look like a Jedi… Nice to meet you, Rayne." Hopefully that can cheer her up. It does make me wonder, however, what a scrapper is doing on this planet. Obviously, it could be scrapping, but this planet seems to fancy for that. Scrappers usually go to Tatooine or something like that to do their job. Perhaps Rayne is selling her hauls here?

My wandering thoughts are once again interrupted by her offer. I didn't think that I'd be enjoying the evening with another soul, not in a million years. But I guess it wouldn't be that bad. Rayne seems to be a nice and respectful lady, and she's probably as equally quiet as I am. Sure, that might mean that there might be multiple awkward pauses throughout the night, but at least she's not going to be too annoying, or even worse, dragging other individuals into my personal space.

"Oh… I do like the sound of that. I don't know what they're selling here, I'm a pescatarian myself so hopefully they have something that fits my dietary restrictions." I told her, before realizing that it might sound like I don't appreciate the gesture. At that, I leaned my head to see her eyes directly, smiling at her and expressing my gratitude. "Thank you Rayne, I appreciate that. And you can just call me Aymeric, we're probably around the same age anyway."
0v7RlQs.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a sigh as he did catch sight of his daughter's assault. To think that someone so young would be so blood thirsty. That alone probably meant she was very much his daughter. Still, he stepped over to set a hand on her head. A little comfort before a lecture. "Don't cry, Aeryn. You made the mistake. Own up to it and go apologize properly." It was her fault, after all. Aris, on the other hand, very visibly turned to hide away his candy from Vera.

"You have yours, and I have mine. You shouldn't be so greedy, Vera."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

objective_1.png

Obulette
div-orange.png
Costume: Vampire
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Aeryn sniffed and looked up at her dad with trembling lips when his hand settled on her head. It helped her calm down enough to actually listen to him, and as much of a troublemaker as she was, she wouldn't argue with Dad. Not yet, at least. She nodded, then waddled over to the other kid and looked at him with big pleading eyes, "I'm sorry," she said before giving him a big hug to make up for what happened. The other kid stopped crying, nodded as well, and returned the embrace.

Luckily, all seemed to be okay.

"I'm not greedy!" Vera demanded. "I was just making a joke..." She pouted, huffed, and walked ahead of him to get to the next place for candy before he did.

Valery just chuckled, but stopped when Aurra pulled on her dress and looked up, "Mommy?" She pointed at a nearby stall, where someone was selling properly themed dolls. From werewolves to vampires, but princes and princesses as well. Of course, she had spotted a princess doll with a very pretty dress.

"What do you think, love? Except for one little incident..." She looked at Aeryn, who already waddled back over to her dad and held up her arms to be picked up by him. "...they've been good. Why don't we let all of them pick out a little toy or trinket? Aris, Vera? You two want something as well?"

objective_1.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo, Headpiece | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: | Tag: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Briana had been eagerly awaiting this evening for what seemed like a lifetime — or at least ever since Aiden invited her to tonight's costumed extravaganza on the planet of Obulette, several weeks prior. She couldn't recall the last time she'd actually worn a costume, and in any other situation, she might've felt ridiculous, but for Aiden, she'd gladly go the extra mile.

For that, she'd turned to her late father's company, Glitterstim, commissioning a costume design that was based off of a book of mythical fairies that she'd crossed on the Holo-Net. She'd spent an inordinate amount of time doing her research, partly out of curiosity, but mostly to make sure she got the details right.

The end result made her feel more like a spring nymph than a fairy when she stepped into it, but Briana loved it just the same. A trail of large golden flowers bloomed at the jut of her left hip, winding like flowering vines in a graceful curve to drape over her right shoulder. The intentionally provocative design left both sides of her narrow waist entirely exposed, while the skirt itself was made up of various shredded pieces of golden gossamer fabric attached to a spattering of even more florals that stretched across her hips and shimmered like stardust with every swish. The finishing touches, and her favorite part of the ensemble, was the set of diaphanous golden wings affixed to the back of her dress with tiny lights nestled within the fabric to create an enchanting glow against Obulette's twilight sky.

Makeup had been carefully applied, darkening the length of her lashes, with a bold swipe of blood-red painted across her lips. Even her hair was meticulously styled, fashioned into a crown that sat behind the sparkling diadem that'd been set before it, accented by flecks of diamonds and Naboo pearls. An old piece from her family's collection, and a perfect fit for the occasion.

The only thing she truly regretted were the shoes. Tromping through the streets in high-heels was definitely not her best idea, but it was too late to change out of them now.

Arriving at the entrance of the town, it took little time before Briana spotted Aiden for the first time. Almost immediately, her breath caught in her throat and a deep rosy blush stole over her cheeks, toes curling in their pointy prisons as she stood momentarily frozen before finally scampering to his side — doing her best to school the wholly impure thoughts trying to creep in. "Well hello there Mr. Fireman," Briana purred, closing the distance between them for a quick kiss. "I didn't realize there was a fire nearby. Or are you here to start one?"

"Oh… you certainly look like a Jedi…"

"Thanks," Rayne responded, her expression becoming sheepish.

Maybe he was just saying that to say it. After all, Jedi seemed to look like just about anyone these days. There wasn't much in the way of consistency whenever she ran into one. It was still a very nice remark either way, or at least she interpereted it as such.

The mention of his diet did manage to get a mute chuckle out of the Twi'lek. She apprectated that she wasn't alone in being terrible at interacting with people. A part of that was caused by the fact that she couldn't speak without the use of tech, as few people knew hand signs, but regardless the similarity was appreciated. It did a lot of good to help her feel less alone in the galaxy.

"No worries," she assured. "I was gonna head to a noodle place nearby."

Fish would be in whatever rolls they made, but the noodles could be gotten solo as well. They would at the very least be accomidating. Rayne's smile would become a little more nervous when their similar age was noted.

"Yeah," the Twi'lek nodded. "I think so. I'm... not too sure how old I am exactly, but I've narrowed it down to somewhere in my early 20s. Math is hard..."

Maybe that was oversharing a little. A pivot seemed like a good idea. She'd start walking, quickly thinking of something to change the subject to.

"So... Jedi Knight," Rayne continued, "You go to festival-thingies often?"

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

"Noodles sound good to me." I gave Rayne my approval. Though not my favorite, I can get some fish-sticks with it, so it'd be decent enough. Plus, it's not really about the food we're eating. I have a feeling that Rayne is someone I will be comfortable with talking and just spending time with, as surprising as it sounds. For a relatively quiet person, Rayne also seems to be quite cheerful in her demeanor, the way she moves and says things with her vocoder never fails to make me smile.

However, I did realize that the joy on her face was replaced by nervousness as I mentioned age in our conversation. Stupid, stupid Aymeric. Way to make a lady uncomfortable. Luckily, Rayne quickly shifted the conversation to something lighter, and the lighthearted tone came back as she called me 'Jedi Knight' playfully. "Not really. We were just fresh off a mission nearby, and many of the Jedi decided to visit for the festival. I'd be all alone if I'm going back to Coruscant early, so here I am." Although, to be fair, it's nothing much different here. Most of the Jedi of my age are either bringing their partner, or are dating someone in the Order, so it's not like I'm going to spend the festival third wheeling them, not that I'm close enough to do that in the first place. Still, Obulette is a nicer planet to be alone with, there's still a lot to do, and a lot to see, unlike Coruscant. That dystopian hell-hole.

Reaching the noodle joint, I placed my order as we're taking our seats at the bar. This is nice, but I can't help but think of how Rayne was deflecting on the topic so quickly, and how the topic might still be clouding her mind at this very moment. I'm a loner, I know how tough it is sometimes, when you went through so much at a very early age, and you have no one to rant or vent your troubles to. Perhaps that's a feeling that is deep in her heart right now, and I just want her to know that I might still be a stranger at this point, but I am willing to listen, because I truly know how it feels. "Sorry if I was brushing up on a sensitive subject." I glanced at her, trying to study her emotions and reactions. "I'm 24, so we are close enough, I think?" I said in a lighthearted tone, offering a smile to her.

Shifting my glance to the tv screen on the noodle joint, I started telling Rayne the one memory I attached to my age. "My mom was the only one around when I was a kid. She wasn't the nicest lady, how could she, life was hard back then, growing up in the slums of Coruscant. But she always spares her time once a year, to celebrate my birthday. It's one of the few memories of her that stick with me." I might be oversharing big time, but isn't it the nature of loners? We tried so adamantly to keep people away, but once we find someone we are comfortable with, we'll dump our life story on that person, because who knows if we'll ever find someone else to do so.
0v7RlQs.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded satisfactory as he watched Aeryn at least properly apologized. It was a difficult thing, grappling with the guild of ones own actions and taking responsibility. But to do so was the hardest thing someone could do. At least she was learning it young. He patted the top of her head once she returned, smiling briefly before glancing to Valery. And nodded. "Go pick out something with your siblings, yeah?"

"Nothing in particular, I don't think."

Aris looked up at the wall of toys and such, ignoring the pout of his sister for the time being. Reached up to rub at his chin. Nothing really screamed out as something he might want. Most were just horror things, after all. Though he did see a really simple looking ghost plushie. And he stared it it.

It was adorable.

objective_1.png

Obulette
div-orange.png
Costume: Vampire
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I want the wolf!" Aeryn already had a Vornskr plushie, and the werewolf also looked big and scary! So while Aurra picked a princess, she just had to get the scary monster for her collection. Adam, however, wasn't sure and looked at all his options with an index finger in his mouth. They all looked cool to him, but what should he go for?

His eyes drifted down to a toy speeder bike. He recognized it from one of his shows, and his eyes grew big. But...it was a little more expensive than the simple plushies and dolls his sisters picked out. He looked up at his Dad, then at his Mom, and Valery was quick to notice it. "Go for it, sweetie. I want you to pick what makes you happy." Adam jumped up a little and grabbed the toy speeder. "Look! It goes really fast and it can shoot rockets!"

Valery snickered and finally turned to Aris, whose eyes settled on a very cute plushie. "Go take it, sweetie." She kissed him atop his head and placed her hands on his shoulders. "That one is cute, Aris!" Vera agreed, while she picked out another teddy bear, but one with a pink bow-tie.

A new friend for Eddie.

"Hey love?" She then asked as she turned to look at her husband. "What about this one for you?" She picked up a Wampa plushie and wiggled it around with a teasing smirk.

"Works well with the sweater and slippers."

objective_3.png

obulette.png

Wearing: Mummy Costume
Tags: Syala Syala

Z9U36lL.png
To be honest ‘Ryane’ had a very fair point and one that Ko was more than aware of. Being in at least two instances where he wasn’t able to use The Force. One of which was actively being suppressed by another individual. “I understand what you mean, I’ve dealt with such situations before. But it’s generally very difficult to sever one’s connection to The Force, even temporarily.” Ko explained to her some. It took a great deal of effort for even a group of powerful Jedi Masters to sever someone’s damaged connection to The Force. Only some sort of eldritch deity would possibly be able to ‘snap their fingers’ and render someone non-force-sensitive. “It is simply a risk I am willing to accept. I’m to live in harmony with my blindness rather than to fight it.” As he spoke there was a tiny glint of life that came from the echo stone he wore as a necklace under his robes.

As they the two of them danced among the ground to the music. He was actually enjoying himself a great deal more than he thought he would tonight. Especially since he didn’t expect to spend it dancing with some pleasant ‘stranger.’ Eventually Ko took her hands as they danced. Helping to give her a more energetic twirl. ‘Looking’ down at her he had a slight smirk behind his antiox mask. “I promise I won’t step on your toes.” Ko’s words were followed by a chuckle. It was partly a promise to himself more than to ‘Rayne’ however. Recalling how he stomped on Lily’s foot back on the noblewoman’s homeworld.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

objective_3.png

SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Obulette |
| TAG: Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el |

Ah. That made sense.

The dread that clouded the galaxy was a heavy weight on everyone's shoulders. Escapism was a rarity, especially when you were one of the unlucky souls dedicating their lives to throwing themselves headfirst into danger again and again. If BB-610 was stressed, he couldn't even imagine what Jalen must feel what; the droid's responsibilities felt hilariously pitiful next to those of a field medic. He nodded, understanding of his friend's words, as even though they may work in drastically different ballparks, their lives were still nonetheless intertwined with the same common conflict.

BB-610 rolled, inching back and forth as he followed Jalen's lead. As expected, their dance was a tad awkward given the circumstances, but the astromech didn't seem to mind. His grip remained gentle on the man's hand, chassis wobbling side to side as his several photoreceptors kept track of the human's feet -- crushed toes were hardly what either of them needed right now, after all.

It was nice, though. Perhaps it was simply from seeing Jalen again, or from knowing that he wasn't alone in his circle of friends that enjoyed this sort of thing, or perhaps it was the music slowly washing his anxieties clean. Truthfully, it was most likely a cocktail of all three, but BB-610 didn't care enough to delve into the specifics. Tonight was about fun and dancing, not thinking. He giggled, evidence that he was enjoying himself, as he gradually grew more confident. While the moves he'd seen were only from holovids and movies and very clearly aimed for those with feet, it didn't stop the droid from swirling in circles, twirling Jalen harmlessly.

Bweeping, BB-610 said that he was feeling a little stressed out as well. Their dancing continued, and the music only got louder, prompting the droid to chirp at a higher volume. He added that every day felt like a reminder that things can never be normal, and that he desperately needed a day away from the Alliance and the kids.

Realizing that he'd rambled a tad, the droid hastily apologized, bashful. Giggling quietly, BB-610 bweeped once more, admitting that he just needed to get things out in the open, and that dancing had made him feel comfortable enough to do so.

GADividerBlue.png

"Sorry if I was brushing up on a sensitive subject."

"Hey, don't worry about it," Rayne assured, giving a soft smile.

It was what it was in the end of the day. Nobody could change that. She did listen to his story that followed, however, and she couldn't help but feel something swell in her chest. It was touching. Heartbreaking, sure, but touching. It had a sliver of hope, a spark that simply didn't exist back on Nar Shaddaa.

"Thats... real sweet," she noted, biginning to rub at her shoulder. "I... didn't really grow up with people, but I'm learning to make connections. It's just hard. I guess it doesn't help that my words aren't really mine... I pulled this vocoder out of the head of some dead protocol droid..."

He hadn't even brought that up once though, which Rayne very much did appreciate. No mention to remind her that she was mute, or strange, or anything like that.

"You know, you're not like other Jedi I've met," the Twi'lek added. "In a good way, I mean. I don't know if any I've met would just, y'know, share stuff. I think that's pretty neat."

Rayne's lips formed into a a more myschevious grin, turning back to the knight.

"I don't just control vocoders with my brain," she noted in a far lighter tone. "I can do all kinds of things. Got any tech on you?"

objective_1.png

obulette.png

STARRY NIGHTS

0v7RlQs.png

As I told her a fraction of my life story, I can feel a poignant feeling in her through the force. When she replied and told me hers, I got why she felt that way. While life was tough, there was always hope for me. A mother that fought her hardest to stay afloat, a power that was envied through the whole slums, heck, even a face and body that people wish they were born with. That's not saying that Rayne is physically flawed. On the contrary. But that's besides the point. What I'm trying to say is, she was all alone from the start, and she doesn't have a natural vocal cord. That must've been really tough on her growing up, maybe even still to this day. "What difference does it make? Vocoder or not, it's still your words, coming from you." That's a reassurance that she probably never heard, but also one that I truly believe in. Everyone is different. Are the Gand voiceless just because they communicate in entirely different manners to us? For all I know, Rayne knows sign language and can speak with her vocoder. That's more impressive than the majority of the Jedi I know.

Speaking of Jedi, Rayne saying that I'm different from other Jedi, in a good way, did totally make me blush. I've always been considered a rigid Jedi, too by the book, emotionless, cold, even ruthless by some. And I do truly believe that while it might be a misunderstanding and exaggeration on some part, there's some truth to it. But I do believe in hope, that people, especially younger ones who grew up in bad circumstances, as long as they haven't crossed the limit that is the dark side, should be given a chance, to be treated with the utmost respect they've never been. And to find someone, who not only shares the similar, unfortunate background as I do, but also whom I vibe with on a personal level, how could I not linger on the idea of sharing my light and life with them? "I don't usually open up to people this easily, you know?" I smiled softly at her, trying to find the right word to speak my mind, to not overwhelm her, but also show my appreciation, and that the little incident that brought us together earlier must've been the doing of the force. "It's just… I guess I feel comfortable talking to you for some reason." Words which were interrupted by the voice of the noodle seller, serving us our order.

At that, I saw her smile turning into a mischievous grin, mentioning about techs, yet another thing that I'm interested in. Too bad, I left all of my gadgets in my transport. Well, almost all. "Oh… all my net systems are built in inside my head. Comms, browsers, calculators, cameras, you name it." Giving her access to literally parts of my brain does sound like a very stupid, padawan move when I do think about it again, but at this moment… I guess I was just curious at the mention of her ability, technopathy is not a common skill to have in the NJO after all, and this could be a good thing to know, for the Order. "It's heavily encrypted, but I can give you access." Or I'm just finding an excuse to let her in my head, but here we go, there goes nothing.
0v7RlQs.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris hesitated only for a moment before taking up the ghost to look it over. And smiled, just a little, as he nodded. This was indeed very, very cute. "I like them." Aris nodded again before glancing to the one Vera had. It was also just as cute. Kahlil glanced to Valery, tilting his head. More wampas, huh? He smirked, reaching out to take it and hold it up side by side with his own face. "It's the white hair and the looming height that makes me seem so much like a wampa, huh?"

"Thanks," Rayne responded with rosey cheeks. "That's... very kind of you."

She had never really thought of her vocoder in that regard before. It was... strange. The Twi'lek had regarded the device as a nucense, as she had to strain her mind to use the thing whenever people didn't understand hand signs. Yet it still was her words, in a way. She was only stealing them as far as she percieved it as a theft of something else's voice.

Their food would arrive, and the subject would shift to something perhaps a little unexpected. The man had data stored in his brain. It wasn't uncommon these days. Neural implants were pretty popular for individuals that had a lot of important information to store and keep hidden.

"It's heavily encrypted, but I can give you access."

"The encryption doesn't matter," the Twi'lek remarked with a silent giggle. "It's more your own mind. Since the brain and the system are linked, you can kinda naturally resist me looking around."

It was for force reasons. They had a ressiliance that droids simply didn't, a strange factor that rendered them much stronger against her abilities within their organic system, though it did only reach so far away from the brain. It was harder to defend prosthetics against that sort of stuff.

The fact that she could say all of this with confidence was sort of a testiment to the weird scenerios she had been finding herself in these days.

"I'll, uh, take a quick peek," she noted with an awkward frown. "I don't wanna disrupt anything you may have in there."

And with that she'd open her mind to his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom