Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Terrible People Making Bets on the Liberation of Mandalore (OPEN)

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
An unscrupulous interstellar bookie known only as Chaz was offering odds on the outcome of the Network invasion of Sith Empire-held Mandalore. Interesting odds, too.

As the defender and, you know, a superpower, a Sith Empire victory was paying out at only two to one.

As an audacious underdog upstart, a Network victory was paying out at twenty to one.

Other and more specific outcomes had variable odds. For example, the permanent death of any Zambrano was paying out at 200 to one.

Chilling in a grimy bar on Port Mynock, feet on the table, tapping away on his datapad, Jerec put a thousand OPA talons on the Network, and a hundred on a dead Zambrano.

EDIT: Chaz presented a new set of additional odds:

A Mandalorian makes a public broadcast: 10 to one

A cataclysmic duel between leaders ends with neither one dead: 3 to one

A command ship (5000m+) gets boarded: 5 to one

A command ship gets destroyed: 100 to one

A new Mandalorian schism starts: 10 to one

The Emperor takes another wife: 10 to one

OOC RULES: Just post what you're betting, who or what you're betting on, and mention where you are. The thread isn't location-specific. Chaz can cover any bet short of, like, a battlecruiser.

Last edited:

Azel Moran

A
Off on Cathay, at Jurgoran Forge, a Sith Empire victory struck Azel Moran as safe money. He put twenty thousand Imperial credits on a Sith Empire victory, a nice way to double down.

reKFam.png
Madalena Antares, sister to Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , Head of the Wild Hunt, was needing to sit this one out. Still recovering from her time as a Prisoner of War with the Outer Planets Alliance, she knew she was not yet up to the task of fighting hoards of angry or annoyed Sith. So she remained back on the Scintilla, watching everything that the comms could offer her.

On another screen, other kind of information was running. Responses from around the galaxy, what people were madly typing into their holokeyboards, devices, machines. Things tossed on the holonetwork. Most of it ran too damn fast to actually connect or make sense of, and there were AI's who would be doing a better job out of it than the Paladin of Chaos ever could.

But one message caught her attention.

Talons were frigging useless in Agents of Chaos space, but there was nothing to keep her from adding five thousand galactic credits to the pool. Betting on the Network, of course.

Shira Varanin

S
CLOUD CITY

"...you're not really going to bet on this, are you?"

"You're not?" Shira tapped her datapad and accessed her banking information. Business was decent. "Whoever this Chaz is, he's an idiot. Five thousand on the Sith, five thousand on the Network. Either I get my money back or I make bank. And dank ferrik, why not. I'll put a thousand on the chance that any Sith Lord will get killed, looks like that's at thirty to one."

Darth Quercus

D
In a forgotten lab on Felucia, a blank-eyed Sith marauder sat at a keyboard.

Behind him, atop a Neimoidian mechno-chair, a potted plant rustled ominously. The marauder typed as follows.

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND IMPERIAL CREDITS ON THE EMPIRE

Losing would hurt. Victory would be sweet. Darth Quercus did not consider themself a compulsive gambler - their mental processes weren't built for it - but the moment felt compelling.

Ariel Yvarro

A
"Why is this even a question?" Ariel thought aloud as she sat in her sweatpants and t-shirt, with a pint of ice cream. She placed the pint of ice cream on her coffee table and grabbed her holodevice to place in a bet of a thousand credits on the Sith Empire.

Darth Quercus

D
The plant rustled with interest.

Chaz had presented a new set of additional odds.

• A Mandalorian makes a public broadcast: 10 to one
  • A cataclysmic duel between leaders ends with neither one dead: 3 to one
  • A command ship (5000m+) gets boarded: 5 to one
  • A command ship gets destroyed: 100 to one
  • A new Mandalorian schism starts: 10 to one
  • The Emperor takes another wife: 10 to one

Madalena Antares Madalena Antares Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Malok Malok Lestala Tafo Ariel Yvarro

"Two to one? Does this Chaz know something we do not, Xesh?" Leaning back in his chair, he relished in the comfort of his New Kaas penthouse while so many of his kind went off to war. The bloodshed, the danger, the chaos, it really was so much more enjoyable at a distance.

"Doubtful, Creator. My current analysis have the odds of victory at nine point three out of ten."

Clucking his tongue at the disembodied voice, he sipped his drink, gave the matter a thought, and then leisurely responded. "Very well, you have yet to fail me. Five hundred thousand credits on a Sith-Imperial victory." Pausing momentarily, he chuckled cruelly, a glimmer of orange in his blue eyes.

"Oh, and bet another fifty thousand that a command ship is downed. We didn't invest in Fortress Imperious for nothing."

Metellos - Ektra
Abott Estate

This was supposed to be a classy dinner party, organized by and for the elite of Metellos' financial ministry. Here Caulder Dune would express to them the virtues of the Galactic Standard Credit, and persuade those assembled to lobby for its adoption in matters of interplanetary trade.

Instead they were all laughing, raucously, as a middling bureaucrat read out each additional odd that 'Chaz' had come up with. Normally Caulder might have found this whole display crude, but this was a battle between the Mandalorian Clans and the Sith Empire. As two competing flavors of armored psychopaths, they practically deserved each other.

One minister, already drunk, swaggered his way over to where Dune stood, spilling wine from his glass and immediately staining Caulder's jacket. Of course the minister barely even noticed. "Mr. Dune, oh, oh, Deputy Director. Your wisdom I need. Who, who is your money on? Tell me it's the Sith. Oh, tell me, tell me true. They're the safe bet, after all."

"My whole life has been one long, safe bet," Caulder told him true, through gritted teeth. "I put fifty thousand on the Network."

Meanwhile, at Level 1313 on Coruscant...

The Pantoran had half a grilled cheese sandwich hanging from his mouth, his hands on the keyboard, and his eyes just blinking as he read the screen.

This had to be one of those internet scams.

Were they serious?

Tapping into his Hutt Cartel account, the boy checked the interest on the balance from his assassination pay and then responded, "A thousand credits on Sith Empire victory."

Then, using the log-in details that he wasn't supposed to have for Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield 's account, added: "A hundred credits that a Mandalorian makes a public statement."

If this worked out the way he imagined, he'd put the proceeds toward Abby's soup kitchen.

...and maybe get a new motivator for his swoop bike.

Darth Quercus

D
Quercus' blossoms trembled with excitement as they registered the deposit of two hundred thousand credits in their account.

Shira Varanin

S
"See? Crappy bookmaker, easy money."

"Shira, we're Jedi."

"I don't recall taking a vow of poverty."

"I'm still not sure it's appropriate for a Jedi to wager that the Sith will win."

"Hey, five grand is five grand."

Ariel Yvarro

A
"Oh hey, I made money," Ariel commented still sitting in her sweatpants. "Wait, who else betted?"

Ariel swiped left on several of the other participants but was sure to swipe right on a few who looked cute.

"Mhmm felt cute, may call later."

Darth Quercus

D
Darth Quercus stared at their screen via borrowed eyes. Petals shivered with curiosity. Quercus delved deeper into the tattered recesses of their instrument's mind in search of an answer.

What, precisely, did mammals mean by a swipe right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom