Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tending the Garden

NAR SHADDAA - LOWER CITY

"Again Sha-Auberon, why are you wanting to go so deep into the undercity?"
"Reports of monsters attacked civilians and police forces alike. They even attacked two patrols of the Torchers. I want to go investigate."
"Then why do you need to go? Let someone else do it. Thats why you have underlings right?"
"Why would I tell someone to go down there, If I was not willing to do so myself? Secondary, They work for the family, under me. If I cannot be there, they are. I can be here. So I am."

Anora was still kind of new to this whole thing. Mafia and how I operated as a person. More over, she didn't use my title of Auberon as much as I would have liked. She was used to calling me Shaun. My real name. And if others were around when she mistakes me for someone else, I would have to reprimand her in some form to keep others off of the title I used.

Still, she will learn enough. Moving deeper and deeper into the undercity, it slowly began to change. Formations of biological matter were cropping up and from how it looked, The once deepest parts of the undercity, had been taken over by some kind of monster, or monsters that were attacking anyone who came close. Taking the lightsaber from my belt, I activated the bright azure blade. The tunnels that led further deeper, were pitch black. My gear would not suffice, and needless to say, going alone was not an option.

"Anora, Contact home. I want Zoe, and Nyax to Nar Shaddaa tomorrow."
"What about-"
"Get them on the line, and on their way. I need to prepare."

Shawn1.gif
THE NEXT DAY

I was all geared up. Armor clanking against itself as I put on all of the pieces I needed. Even going so far as I attach my claymore to the back of my armor. Held there with a couple of straps that I could easily remove the sword from. Otherwise, Anora had the lightsaber on her hip. I put on my mask and walked into the room that Zoe and Lord Nyax would be awaiting in. Quickly and without so much as a second after opening the door,

"Recent reports show that some kind of monster or entity have attacked patrols of our own, Civis, and even local police forces in Sector Besh of the lower city. I am sure that the police have attempted to investigate, but I have heard nothing from them. So, we will investigate it ourselves. Prepare for a real fight if need be. For this, there is no such thing as under prepared."

Shawn1.gif
[member="Vincent Nyax"], [member="Zoe Rosella"],

''10,000 if I kill it?'' Rhane peered down at Vexto Gurd, one of the municipal officers on Nar Shadda. The local government had raised a small bounty on who, or what, was slaughtering innocents in the lower levels of the city. Rhane adjusted his hood, pulling it further up on his head and looked around nervously. He was in deep cover on Nar Shaada, attempting to scout out what criminal groups were operating on the planet and to what extent they were supplying and cooperating with Sith forces. ''Of course, and no press, per your request.'' Vexto, 4 feet shorter than Rhane, peered back up and responded. ''That should work. But I don't even want your boss to know about this. Has anyone else inquired about this job?'' Rhane was anxious about this entire situation but needed the credits. A large wire transfer coming from Coruscant would likely look incredibly suspicious and get reported back to criminal organizations, potentially ruining his cover. ''I don't know, have heard rumblings though. Here's a map, this should help you not get lost. And please, just be careful.'' Vexto looked grim as he handed the map. And as quickly as the two met, they both retreated back to their regular schedules.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''This is Jedi Master Rhane Varless communicating from the upper level of Nar Shadda, I am about to enter the target zone of this...thing. I am well prepared. This will be my last off world communication, the various levels above the target zone will block my long range transmissions. I will see you all again.'' Rhane turned off the long range radar and folded it up, storing it away in an inconspicuous location to be retreived later. He turned around, clutched his brown cloak around his person and trudged down into the grimy, dark, lower levels of Nar Shadda, hoping to return.

Divider1.png

Tending the Garden
Objective: Speak with Auberon
Tags: [member="Vincent Nyax"] [member="Shaun Castanic"]

Outfit: Suit (Armorweave-Lined)
Weapons: Z-01 (Blaster Revolver), LK Vyper (Rifle) & Knife
Assets: Cyber-eye (Contact Lens)
Prelude
Zoe had just finished her conversation with a woman named Anora, asking for her to come to Nar Shaddaa to meet Auberon, one of the mafia bosses, she knew little of what he wanted from her but thankfully she was on the planet anyway running some other errands. "Might as well take these" she said to herself, packing her revolver, rifle and knife from her apartment table, two of which slid perfectly into her blazer. Her rifle design had just been produced and this would be the first chance she would get to fire it properly, she pondered whether to bring her other distance-rifle, however what were the chances of her needing that!

She read through her revolver and rifle schematics through her cyber-eye, ensuring the powerpacks were charged and ensuring they were battle ready.. they were

Meeting Auberon
Zoe waited in the exact room she was instructed to be waiting in, whilst she was waiting she decided to have a mess around with her newly purchased cyber-eye, a rather handy gadget which allowed her to see information and tamper with electronics with eye movements. "Damn.. this is good" Zoe muttered to herself, impressed by the capabilities of the small gadget. Her newly designed rifle stood against the wall in its jet-black case whilst her revolver and knife were perfectly concealed inside her blazer..

Tshhh! the door opened, Zoe sprung up from leaning on the wall, waiting for what task he had for her and the other fellow in the room...

Tending The Garden
Post 1
Alongside [member="Shaun Castanic"] & @Zoey Rosella

Nar Shaddaa
HlLr6G6.png
After the call ended, Vincent began preparing immediately.​
In the small private apartment he called home, located in a quiet patch of the Nar Shaddaa Underworld, the skilled assassin checked his weapons, strapped on his armored vest, sheathed his knives, and adjusted his coat - checking his appearance in the mirror before going on his way. His presence had been requested... and he was, conveniently, home on The Smuggler's Moon (having only just recently returned from personal business on his home planet of Corellia). The journey was short... and the handsomely forgettable suited soldier was content to make the trip in absolute silence.​
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​
When [member="Shaun Castanic"] arrived, Vincent stayed seated while Zoey jumped to her feet... which brought a smirk to Vincent's otherwise impassive face. Curling cigera smoke wafted from a small cylinder clutched between his fingers, and Vincent took a drag - entirely nonplussed at the Caporegime's entrance. The two men were familiar with one another... in fact, Vincent had been a member of The Family far longer than most, and saw himself as more an equal than a servant to the whims of the Criminal Enterprise. The young woman still had something to prove... whereas Vincent's reputation was likely entirely unknown. He was, without doubt, one of The Family's most capable & professional killers.​
Along with Zoey, Vincent listened... smoking, exhaling a plume of smoke from his nostrils, then stubbing out the cigera in a black crystaline ashtray resting beside him.​
"What do we know?"
Never one to use more words than necessary.​

Zoe stood up as soon as I entered. Nyax, of course, just sat there. To be fair, he did that to everyone. A superiority that was difficult to deny. While he was still at the whims of the Donna and myself, he mostly did whatever he wanted. I didn't mind. Means I didn't have to baby him or drag him through the mud. Shaking my head as Anora instantly piped up to answer the question spoken by him.

"Those that have survived say that blaster fire in general seemed not to do much, and it required loads upon loads of round in order to do any real damage. Chitin based from the looks of it. However, while some seemed to look like wolves, their handlers were more human-shaped. Otherwise, nothing else is known."

As the explanation of the "monsters" was given, I walked over to the side of the room. While I did have most of my gear with me already, and already decked out in my armor, and carrying one massive claymore. I was opening the cabinet. Inside were a few verpine shatter rifles. Grabbing two in one hand, and another for Anora, I handed one to her before handed the other two to Zoe and Nyax. Reason for this, was verpine shatter rifles were very powerful, and had almost no sound. Since it seemed like enclosed spaces was the gig, it would echo pretty loudly in there. I would rather not loose my hearing, nor have others do so.

"Verpine Shatter rifles. Durable and powerful, but quiet. We need to not just kill these things but make sure we learn why they are here and what they are doing. Secondly, if we can take a captive of some kind, I would prefer that."

Taking a hold of the doorframe, I kept the door from closing and motioned to leave.

"As much as I would rather take leisure in this job, I don't want police forces or worse arriving to find what this is."

Nar Shaddaa was always a bad place to be, and if it got worse than what it already was, then someone would come to check it out. They would investigate every inch of this place. That means the Family as well. I didn't want a single person to come anywhere near close to our operations here. We had to act fast to find out what was going on, Root it out, and then clean up any trace of it. Leave the stories to scare children at night, but no threat.

Shawn1.gif
[member="Vincent Nyax"], [member="Zoe Rosella"],

Divider1.png

Tending the Garden
Objective: Follow Auberon
Tags: [member="Vincent Nyax"] [member="Shaun Castanic"]

Outfit: Suit (Armorweave-Lined)
Weapons: Z-01 (Blaster Revolver) & Knife
Assets: Cyber-eye (Contact Lens)
The Job..
As Auberon handed Zoe a Verpine Shatter Rifle she couldn't help but inspect the weapon closer, although she was a weapons technician she hadn't seen the likes of this rifle before in her time with the Balmorran milita, they couldn't possible afford technology like this. She listened to Auberon closely, "Verpine Shatter rifles. Durable and powerful, but quiet. We need to not just kill these things but make sure we learn why they are here and what they are doing. Secondly, if we can take a captive of some kind, I would prefer that." .. "A captive.." she thought to herself, curious as to what they would find down there.. some kind of monster?

As Auberon held the door open, Zoe decided to leave her new LK rifle as she held the shatter rifle in one hand, nodding to Auberon as a thank you as she left the room, she double checked she still had her revolver and knife tucked away in her suit jacket. She waited just outside the room for Vincent to follow on and Auberon to lead them to where they needed to go.. and what they needed to do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom