Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temporary Factory Shutdown

The Factory is shutdown effective immediately, for the us to catch back up on approvals. Members will be able to reply to threads to continue to work on current entries, but will be unable to create new ones.

Also, while the Factory is down, new policies will be debated on to decide a possible "new direction" for the Factory, ranging from how entries are approved to the Factory's impact on the In Character Atmosphere of SWRP: Chaos. We will be aiming for a more free and fun learning environment, while at the same time not restricting members to rely on the Factory for their every day role-playing needs.

The idea is to further our creativity while not restricting our ability to "dive in" to a role-play. Basically, I wish to take the Factory back to it's roots, while also keeping the "good" and eradicating the "bad" aspects of it.

Good luck, right?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tefka said:
Also, while the Factory is down, new policies will be debated on to decide a possible "new direction" for the Factory, ranging from how entries are approved to the Factory's impact on the In Character Atmosphere of SWRP: Chaos. We will be aiming for a more free and fun learning environment, while at the same time not restricting members to rely on the Factory for their every day role-playing needs.
I has opinion. But if this debate is for Staff only? I understand. Thanks. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Opinion: No more images in the Factory.
Why:
  • RP is text based. There are seriously, not necessary for our chosen format of Roleplaying. And I've already been apart of three debates sparked solely by Factory Images alone. Some with Judges and some involving my own submissions.
  • Removing images also removes the desire to create a submission after finding a cool image on the web. Can't tell you how many times this has tempted me personally. I have complete faith it will affect the compulsive human behavior in other's as well. Judges will see less submissions. Which I believe is a good thing.
  • Images do not have any critical effect on the submission itself or it's use in PvP. Images are solely for decoration.
In Closing: Denying the use of Images in the Factory will create a more efficient, higher quality, and less compulsory atmosphere in the Factory. The End. Love Jay. :D

Jay Scott Clark said:
Opinion: No more images in the Factory.
Why:
  • RP is text based. There are seriously, not necessary for our chosen format of Roleplaying. And I've already been apart of three debates sparked solely by Factory Images alone. Some with Judges and some involving my own submissions.
  • Removing images also removes the desire to create a submission after finding a cool image on the web. Can't tell you how many times this has tempted me personally. I have complete faith it will affect the compulsive human behavior in other's as well. Judges will see less submissions. Which I believe is a good thing.
  • Images do not have any critical effect on the submission itself or it's use in PvP. Images are solely for decoration.
In Closing: Denying the use of Images in the Factory will create a more efficient, higher quality, and less compulsory atmosphere in the Factory. The End. Love Jay. :D
I do not agree with this at all. I am not as good as others at imaging things in my mind, sometimes I cannot express what I can see mentally into words that others get. If we passed a rule like this for the factory, then we might as well do the same for avatars because they serve the same purpose. Sure it can be frustrating sometimes to find an image to match what you want when the older factions have had so much more time to submit every cool image out there, but it makes it that much more rewarding when you find something unique that you can say is your own.

I would suggest some kind of database of all used images so that people don't have to dig through a couple hundred entries to see if the one they wish to use has been used. Probably make it easier on staff too.

As for the pictures I like them. it allows everybody to see what I vision my armor, weapons, items, and other things to be. As for what Akio said I believe that would be a good idea rather than getting rid of all of it.

I has a question for the big baws.

What aspects of the Factory do you deem to be 'the roots'? Seeming as everyone has their own differing opinion, I'm curious as to what you mean by this.

However, I have a suggestion to make that might solve some problems. Staff has trouble with getting swamped in the factory, and people get upset when you restrict its use. Why not have alternating months of Factory availability? That way you have a month of getting swamped, and then a break to clean up whatever is left of the mess? Or would that only increase problems with people trying to cram in as many submissions they can in a single month (which under current rules would be a maximum of eight submissions a month per character)?

Fatty said:
Why not have alternating months of Factory availability?
I think last time it was down was for like...what, a week? Maybe a little more? I forget. It's never down that long, I don't see a reason to sacrifice every other month to it.

Akio Kahoshi said:
I would suggest some kind of database of all used images so that people don't have to dig through a couple hundred entries to see if the one they wish to use has been used. Probably make it easier on staff too.
We're actively working on the wiki. Not sure on the progress of it though.

Tefka said:
I think last time it was down was for like...what, a week? Maybe a little more? I forget. It's never down that long, I don't see a reason to sacrifice every other month to it.
Well then perhaps it should be alternating biweekly or something, I dunno. I just thought that perhaps it would solve some problems if they were present windows to submit wisely rather than on whims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom