Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Temple? You Mean Labyrinth, Right?

Coruscant.​
He hadn't visited this place in a great many years, and when last he had it had all been opulence and grownup talks. Young Eliphas hadn't much enjoyed that aspect of it, much less since he had to be on his best behaviour. He'd wanted to explore, to pound the pavement in search of adventure. Really get to know the place. Instead he'd been dragged from meeting to meeting, or else he'd been sat in their room twiddling his thumbs. It had been exciting at first, in the end he just wanted to go home. His Father seemed to have a good time though. He supposed that counted for something.​
Coming back to Coruscant was strange now that he was older. He couldn't really understand why he'd been so incessant on heading out by himself. Sure the top layer was nice, gilded, polished. The top layer was reminiscent of Empress Teta in many ways. But below that? Heck, Eliphas hadn't even gone a layer down yet and he knew what awaited him below. Without the rose tinted glasses of a child it all felt a little more sinister. The rich walked above the poor - literally.​
And joining the rich above were the Jedi. The Temple of Coruscant was a wonder to behold, and even coming from so grand an estate as that which belonged to House Dune that was saying something. Excessively so, he might argue. He hadn't, but the thought had crossed his mind. Maybe leaving home for good had left him a little sensitive. As much as Valery Noble Valery Noble had assured them they had a choice in this, Eliphas had known that his Father would never look at him the same if he turned down the opportunity. Either he left a model son, or he left in disgrace.​
Either way he'd have had to leave.​
So he did.​
It was something of a culture shock, to be honest. He'd been shown to his dormitory upon arrival, a small room which consisted of a bed, a desk, and limited storage. Refreshers were shared. Mess hall? Shared. Lounge spaces? You guessed it. Shared. He felt like a caged bird that first night. In some ways it reminded him of being back aboard The Atale, but that reminder just left him feeling rather hollow. He'd pulled out the crystal necklace from his still packed luggage, and stared at it. Kicking himself for never having given it to Yara.​
So many regrets.​
But this? This was a fresh start, wasn't it? A chance for him to make his own way in life, a way that wasn't inherently dictated by his Father and the expectations he had. It might have been Oskar Dune's idea, but where he took that... Well that was on Eliphas to decide, wasn't it?​
And so it was that he found himself lost within the Temple that morning. Maybe someone had meant to turn up to show him the ropes, to help him figure out where to begin. He couldn't quite recall every piece of information he'd been given upon arrival, after all. It had flown by so quickly that even in his memory the whole thing was a blur. Not even sure what he was supposed to wear, if indeed there was a uniform at all, he'd put on his usual attire. Head to toe in black, save for the shirt below his jacket. That was a crisp white. Beyond that an accent of gold which trimmed the whole set out, mostly peaking on his cuffs and the buckle of his belt.​
Hey, he didn't know any better. He just fell into the usual routine he'd known his entire life. Rise, dress, make the bed... Breakfast. Yeah, no, he'd probably missed that. So long dawdling in the halls that hours had probably passed by. The Temple was so vast he thought he might last a month before anyone found him flailing around like a headless chicken.​
If nothing else, perhaps his unchecked emotions might give him away. He was unabashedly overwhelmed, confused, afraid... Not that he'd ever admit the latter. Good Dune boys didn't show their fears so wantonly. But then, was Eliphas even really a Dune anymore beyond keeping that name?​
Case in point: Confusing.​

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch
Tag: Lief Lief

Jax observed the many speeders passing by the Jedi Temple. To think that Coruscant was almost taken by the Brotherhood and that the New Sith Order invaded the temple and infected it with the Dark Side of the Force. Coruscant didn't have an invasion this intense since the One Sith and Jax the feeling Jax sensed amongst the population was that they grew weary of this constant fighting. The people blamed the Jedi for constantly fighting the Sith which put their families in danger, they blame the Senate for spending more time going to war than caring for them. There were protests by students from the University of Coruscant about the Jedi's lust for war. The Jedi Master assisted the other Jedi to mediate the tension which thankfully was peaceful but did last for about 5 hours and Jax sensed that some of the students wanted blood.

He recalled seeing some students showing pictures of their families who died in the attack against the Brotherhood. Some supported the newest bill that the Senate passed which allowed planets to get their own standing armies. Jax wondered about the NJO's future and wished he was more involved in their internal affairs rather than just being on the battlefield. He didn't think his input would do him much good but at least he'll be aware of what the NJO was up to. Some of the alleged war crimes that the NJO were accused threw Jax off guard reminding him how disconnected he was with the other Jedi. There was brief disturbance in the Force, a lost soul stumbling around the Temple as if he was a child crawling through vents in the lower levels for the first time. He had short blond hair and yellow eyes and he carried himself like a noble of sorts.

"Excuse me," Jax smiled approaching the young man. "It seems that you are lost, are you looking for something?"

As he turned another corner, Eliphas let out a long sigh through his nose.
He'd seen that plant before, hadn't he? Feth, was he going in circles now too? As if the vastness of this Temple wasn't bad enough, now he was losing all sense of direction. Damnit, Dune, focus... Focus!
One hand rose and he pinched the bridge of his nose. They really needed some sort of map with a you are here marker on it or something. Keep them at the end of each hall, it would be a nice feature to be sure. No such luck. He thrust his hands into the pockets of his jacket, and turned a slow full circle. Maybe there was a door he'd missed?
Apparently his flailing had caught the attention of another. Before he could start to wander again, up popped an older Jedi. He seemed friendly enough, smiling and asking if he was lost, but even so Eliphas felt a little embarrassed at being called out like that. Some navigator he was, sure he could chart his way through the stars but one simple temple? psht. Too much for him.
"Uh... A little bit. Yeah." For a moment he'd quite forgotten himself. "I mean, Yes..." What did he call him? Father had always gone with Master Jedi, should he follow suit? Was it too presumptuous a title in such a setting? "I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go, Sir." Sir felt... Neutral enough. Neutral was good until he understood better how the hierarchy worked here.
He rubbed at the back of his neck.
"I arrived a little late last night, it's hard to recall everything I was told." A brief pause. "I'm uh, an Initiate. I think that's what it's called, anyway." Jedi Initiate. Didn't have quite the same ring to it as Cadet, or Junior Navigator, but it would do.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch

"Normally we call initiates Younglings," Jax said chuckling. "But you're a wee bit on the older side to be considered one. So, I guess Initiate works." It's been years since Jax's Youngling years and all he remembered was his arrogance in Lightsaber combat and the fact that he loved to pull pranks while he was in the Silvers. Looking back though, Jax would hesitate to say that he grew above those childish pranks he was still thinking about pranking Spasa Spasa after she made him eat her cereal a few months back.

"Calm down kid," Jax said still chuckling placing his hand on his shoulder filling his body with calming Force energy. "My name is Jax Thio: Jedi Master and you gotta be a little specific on where you want to go? If you're talking about Initiate initiation, than I'm afraid you're an hour too late. However, I can take you to the group. They should be touring the Jedi Archives right now."

A hand was placed upon his shoulder, and he felt a wave of calm wash over him in the aftermath. Eliphas let out a small sigh, released some of that pent up anxiety which had been bubbling to the surface with each uncertain step he'd taken through the halls. Then slowly nodded, a little uncertain still.
"Maybe that's where I was supposed to go, yes. Orientation..." An hour late? His expression crumpled a little at that. He'd always prided himself on being timely, first impressions mattered after all. The calm washing over him helped to mitigate some of the stresses. Another exhale of breath. Surely he wasn't the first initiate to get lost in this place.
"The Archives?" he inquired. That sounded intriguing. A repository of knowledge... He wondered how large it was, how much there was to read and learn within it. Maybe he was getting a bit ahead of himself though. He offered the Jedi a smile. "Do you think you could show me the way, Master Thio?" That felt better than Sir. Felt like it was the right level of respect. Yeah, he'd go with that.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"Yeah, there was an orientation this morning," Jax said taking one last look at the speeders passing the horizon before motioning the young man to follow him. "Mostly Younglings, and waywards about 65 of them I think but they all looked like you: Nervous, uncertain of their abilities but don't worry kid with proper guidance you'll be fine."

If there was one constant in life was that the Force works in mysterious ways. Why were some more sensitive to the Force than others? It was something that the Jedi and the Sith studied for years. Some people believed that the force was a benevolent entity just giving sentience to every living being. Others believed that the Force was uncaring and hated the fact that many fought and died over it. Jax believed that the Force was an energy field comprising balance between light and dark. Neither side was good nor bad, it was the intent that counted. The Force will act if either side would disrupt the balance. Duality was important as moderation was the key to understanding the Force's will and Jax believed was to maintain that balance between light and dark. To let nature run its course and not to try to play God.

"So, what's your name kid?" Jax asked walking with the young man through the great hall. "Where you from exactly?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom