Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Temple Life

H9JKu8a.jpg

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: xxx
(After the gala, but prior the Ilum Invasion)​
Home. For the first few weeks of her time on Coruscant, home was definitely still back on Naboo. But now, she was beginning to think of the Jedi Temple as her new home. Sure, things were very different -- her family wasn't here, for one. However, the Jedi could now be considered family, in a way. The halls of the temple were becoming familiar; she wasn't getting lost as often. Though, there were still areas of the temple that needed to be explored. After all, she hadn't even set foot in the archives yet or the newly opened areas of the temple.​
Hollis walked out of her dorm without a destination in mind.​
An easy pace took her down the corridor. Soon, she found herself outside one place she'd really come to know quite well -- the mess hall. She took a quick look in, the tables weren't all that crowded yet... it seemed to be that quiet time between breakfast and lunch. Hollis lifted a foot to keep moving, but she swiveled suddenly and walked into the mess hall. A quick snack wouldn't hurt and maybe a cup of tea. Yes, that sounded nice.​
A grin spread across her face as she grabbed a tray from the stack. Her eyes were already on the menu items available at the buffet... that's why she wasn't paying attention on her way to the line ahead of her. Hollis bumped into someone, not hard enough to knock them over, thankfully, but definitely noticeable. "Oh! I'm so sorry," Hollis said quickly. "I really need to watch where I'm going..." a nervous chuckle escaped her as she sought the face of the young woman she'd just walked into.​

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Mess Hall
Mid-morning
Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

div-orange.png

Addison stood in an almost zombie-like state as she waited to go through the buffet line; the edge of an empty food tray resting on the belt buckle of her jumpsuit. It had been like sixteen hours since the flight officer's last meal and that was a ration bar. And even longer without any caffeine. Force help her!

Revenant Squadron had just gotten back from a mission in the Inner Rim along the Rimma Trade Route. The starfighter pilots had been given a seventy-two-hour pass, but they could be called up at any time. The padawan had decided to return to the Jedi temple while on leave to catch up on some missed rack time and maybe get a training session or two, but who knew what fun distractions she might find herself getting into instead or new acquaintances made? It wasn't like Addison had a lot of time for making close friendships or Force forbid romantic entanglements, but it didn't mean she didn't want any. Quality over quantity, huh?

To be honest, it was really hard balancing a Jedi life and a military one all at the same time, but the young Taanabian remained hopeful it would all work out for the best. Addison was determined to do both and she usually achieved her goals once her mind was set on them.

Umph...

The tall brunette was awakened from her stupor and lurched forward a bit as she was rammed from behind. Well not really rammed, more like bumped accidentally it seemed; the person being all apologetic about it. Wait, Addison had seen the young female Jedi at the recent gala on the arm of another Jedi all dolled up. At least someone was making friends... or not.

"No worries... I'm so tired I didn't even sense you were there. I seemed to have left my six wide open, my bad as well," Addy chuckled too with a shrug of her shoulders; the fabric of the flight jacket worn over the sleeveless jumpsuit being damp as her long chestnut hair had just been washed before coming down to the mess hall.

"I'm Addison Porte by the way. Addy for short. I don't believe we've met yet?" she smiled introducing herself as the line moved slightly forward towards the beginning of the buffet table.

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis let out a relieved breath when the girl ahead of her responded with a chuckle. Her appearance and demeanor didn't scream jedi. And when she got a good look at the dark-haired young woman, she felt like she was familiar. She'd definitely seen her somewhere before...

"I'm Hollis Orenn. It's nice to meet you, Addy," she said, offering a warm smile.

As the line scooted forward, Hollis got her tray ready to load up with a 'snack,' which would probably turn into a full blown meal. A small silence settled, the way it usually does when in a queue. But she eyed Addy for another moment before she spoke again. "Oh, wow, the cinnamon buns look amazing today," she said. Once the line got there, Hollis would grab one.

"Are you new around the temple?" she asked, glancing to Addy again. "I've been here a couple months now, but I still feel pretty new." As the line kept moving, Hollis grabbed a cup of tea. Hollis had made a couple of friends and one 'more-than-a-friend.' But she did want to make more connections while she was here at the temple. This seemed like a good opportunity...

"Hey," she said. "Do you... want to eat together?" Hollis arched her brows and smiled.

Last edited:

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Mess Hall
Mid-morning

div-orange.png

"It's nice to meet you too, Hollis," Addy returned the warm smile, then stepped forward taking her place in line at the start of the buffet table.

The Jedi pilot's stomach growled as her hazel brown eyes peered over the prepared offerings in the warming bins, though looks could be deceiving as the aroma didn't quite meet the expectations.

"I was going to have a hearty breakfast as I haven't eaten anything since last evening, though the scrambled, green mynock eggs don't look very good or the over-cooked sausage links. I think you have the right idea," the long-legged brunette agreed with a sideways grin on the preferred choice of the day.

Addison reached for one of the Cinnabons on a plate that had a thick layer of a creamy white glaze atop, then placed the dessert on the tray. And of course, licking a bit of the sweet frosting off her finger that had smudged it.

Gazing back over her shoulder at the friendly young woman, the Taanabian nodded yes. "I arrived at the temple just a few weeks ago, slightly before the gala, though I am currently assigned to Revenant Squadron. Hence why you haven't seen me around much," she answered, then moved down the line and stopped at the drink station.

"Where were you before coming here?" Addy inquired as she began to fill a mug with steaming black caf; the elixir of the Gods, well at least in her eyes.

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Sweet pastries were a staple part of Hollis' diet, and she instantly felt a sense of camaraderie when Addy took a cinnamon bun too. In truth, Hollis probably would have grabbed two if there wasn't anyone else around.

She nodded, silently calculating how much longer she'd been here. Hollis probably only had a few weeks on Addy. Revenant Squadron, that sounded like starfighters pilots. "Wow," Hollis said, smiling. "That's wizard."

She reached out to grab a couple sugar packs and a cream for her caf. "I'm from Naboo," she answered Addy with a nod. "I had to decide between going to university and becoming a Jedi." She gave a small shrug as if to say 'and here I am now.' Secretly, she was relieved to know that there were others around her age that were just joining too. She glanced around for a moment, there was an open table over by the window.

"I think I'm just now starting to get used to everything," Hollis continued as the pair of them moved to the table. "Well, there's a lot to get used to.... I took a lot of classes back home. But all of these training classes are pretty... intense." She couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to be a starfighter... having to concentrate on flying and combat. As she cut a piece of her cinnamon bun, she glanced across the table to Addy. "What about you? Where are you from?"

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Mess Hall
Mid-morning

div-orange.png
"Thanks. I think it's a pretty cool deal too. So far, so good," the young pilot answered with a crossing of her fingers for luck.

When Hollis said she was from Naboo, it really piqued Addison's interest. Of all the places... What a small galaxy it seemed!

"Naboo, really?" Addy grinned with excitement as she began to walk with the other padawan over to the open window table. It was perfect as it looked out at the temple's courtyard.

"That's my father's homeworld and my parents are living there right now on a small farm and working vineyard in the foothills of the Gallo Mountains just south of Lake Country. It's the old Zaprin Estate if I'm not mistaken about the name," she replied with enthusiasm, then pulled a chair out and sat down, placing the tray softly atop the table without a spill of her precious caf! "Where about did you grow up in relation? Sadly, I haven't actually been there yet. I'm hoping when I get a break I can visit."

The brunette ripped off a small piece of the Cinnabon roll from the side, then popped it into her mouth. "Mmm, now this is to die for." There was definitely a delicious satisfaction etched in her hazel brown eyes after that first bite.

"Well, It's kind of a long story. I was born on Taanab, but my family moved around a lot being Jedi and all. I've lived for a moment on D'Qar then on Ceto and trained at the Jedi Enclave on Svivren, Silver Rest on Kashyyyk -all with my parents, then just my brother and I at the Jedi Academy of Kattada. It's only me now here right now. Aiden is supposed to follow soon. He wants to take the Counselor path and be a healer, I think," she shrugged before taking a sip of the slightly cooled black caf by now.

"You see we are opposites, but twins usually are, otherwise we'd just be clones. Aiden is the philosopher, non-combatant type and well I prefer more action-orientated stuff. Hence why I love to fly starfighters and flourish my lightsaber which puts me on the Guardian path. Do you have any siblings, Hollis?

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
"Really!" she confirmed with a nod and a grin. "Gallo Mountains? That area is really nice.... I want to go rock climbing there." It was one of the many hobbies she wanted to try. "I grew up on the outskirts of Theed, along the Solleu River. So, like, roughly two hours or so away... give or take."

While Hollis was certainly not as homesick as she'd been when she first arrived... just talking about Naboo was enough to make her miss it. Perhaps she'd have to arrange for a quick visit home if her training allowed.

A wide grin grew on her face as she took another bite of the cinnamon roll. "It is really good," she said, covering her mouth with her hand. She chased it down with a sip of caf as Addy told her about where she was from. "Kashyyyk?" she blinked. "Oh yes, I heard there was a Jedi temple there." For a moment she thought of the massive trees and wookies. But she returned her attention to Addy just as she mentioned having a twin.

"I don't have any siblings,"
she said. "I kinda wish I did though. A twin, that must be nice." It sounded like a nice thing to her, someone to share a special bond with. But then again, she'd never had any one to argue with growing up.

"Your parents are both Jedi, too?"
she asked, canting her head to the side curiously. "Did they train you? My parents definitely aren't Jedi... I met a Jedi Master once, when I was young. But my parents didn't want me to leave to train until I grew up... so, I got a bit of a late start." Hollis chuckled.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Mess Hall
Mid-morning

div-orange.png

Addison chewed for a moment on another piece of pastry, then followed it down with a swig of caf.

"Well having a sibling is both a blessing and a curse especially when they are your twin, but Aiden is pretty okay. We've always had each other's back, well until now. This is our first time apart, taking different paths. I miss him, but it's good to be able to spread my own wings to see how far I can fly on my own, ya know? And the Wookiee plant is nice and Silver Rest, well I did enjoy it there for the short time we were attending."

She really did miss her other half, but even though they were identical in general they were pretty opposite deep down. Addy wished him the best as he ventured his discovery path.

"Yep, both Dad and Mom are Jedi, though my mother was late in her training. The military was her first calling. We were both padawans at the same time for a while! It was awkward, to say the least. She passed her Jedi Trials soon afterward though... Thank the Force, huh?!"

Another bite and another sip were taken while being thoughtful.

"We should both go to Naboo sometime... Surprise our parents. It would be fun, well I hope anyways," she shrugged with a lopsided grin.

Um9wLtZ.png

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Their upbringings were very different. Hollis imagined, for a moment, that she grew up with Jedi. It would have been nice to have been exposed to using the force from a young age. It wasn't how things had been, but she silently felt a bit better hearing that Addy's mom had had a later start with training, too. Though, she couldn't quite picture being a padawan at the same time as her own mom!

Hollis took another couple bites and a big sip of caf.

"We totally should go to Naboo!" Hollis beamed. "You'll love it there. And I'm sure my folks would love it if I came home for a visit."

Before she launching into actually making plans, Hollis reminded herself to slow down. Maybe Addy had only been joking. After all, they'd just met! Still, it was nice to think that she'd just made a new friend. Maybe they really could travel together. Or at the very least, train together!

"You got here just before the gala?" Hollis asked. "Have you had a chance to see all of the newly opened portions of the temple yet? I haven't... We could go look around after this. If you want to, I've got some time to spare." Hollis smiled.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Mess Hall
Mid-morning

div-orange.png
"Then let's pencil that trip in, shall we? I'll have my secretary though contact your secretary to confirm the dates," Addy smiled brightly at her new friend sitting across the table from her, then on cue popped the last strip of Cinnabon into her mouth and followed with the rest of the caf in her mug.

Who knew truly what the Jedi pilot's schedule would be like down the road, but at some point, she'd have to be given leave longer than just a weekend pass, right? Hopefully, Aiden Porte Aiden Porte would arrive sooner than later as she missed her twin brother already, and it had only been a few weeks since they'd been apart.

The Taanabian sighed and wiped her mouth off on the napkin found on her lap, then dropped it onto the now empty tray.

"Oh, I'd love to take an 'uncharted' tour of the temple with you. I like a good adventure. Who knows we just might come upon some ancient artifact or a hidden room with buried treasure?" she grinned widely, then pushed back her chair and stood up with the tray in hand.

"Fun fact... My brother and I when we lived on the tropical world of Ceto used to play pirates on the sandy beach all the time... Those were good times despite having to hide out there while my family was in exile, but I digress. Lead the way, Padawan Orenn."

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis laughed when Addy said she'd have her secretary set up their trip to Naboo. For a moment, she mused that it would be nice to have someone to keep all of her things straight. Force knew that she was good at forgetting things and generally being scatterbrained.

"Ha!" she grinned. "Now, that would be pretty exciting to find some buried treasure here in the temple." Hollis gathered up her dishes, put them back on the tray and lifted it. A soft chuckle escaped when Addy mentioned that she used to play pirates with her brother. Had she just said her family was in exile? Her mouth dropped open slightly, but she'd leave the topic there.

"Alright." Hollis nodded. "Well, I'll lead the way – and hope I don't get lost again."

Really, by now she was getting around pretty well.

"Hmm. How about we find the archives? I really ought to know where that is, actually." Hollis reached up and sheepishly tucked a few strands of chestnut hair behind her ears. "I think we'll pass through an alcove that was just restored." The Jedi temple was vast -- sometimes she forgot just how big it really was. Hollis smiled and started off down a corridor with Addison. "So, do you train as a Jedi, too? Or is it just the flying?"

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Exploring the temple...
Mid-morning

div-orange.png
"Wouldn't that just rock if we did,?! I mean highly unlikely, but a girl can hope anyways," the Taanabian replied to the comment about finding buried treasure with a bright smile, then the brunette pilot deposited her dirty dishes into a bin and stacked her tray upon others atop a utility table next to the mess hall's exit.

"Alright then, I've got our six," Addy flashed a lopsided grin the other padawan's way using a little flyboy humor there, then followed the Naboo-born out into the hallway.

"Sure! The archives would be a good place to start I suppose. To be honest, I've only been in the padawan dorm, the big training room, the mess hall in which we just left, and of course, the hangar bay... I hopefully won't have to know where the medical wing is ever, just saying," she winked.

"Yes, I train both as a Jedi and pilot. Growing up as I did, I received quite a lot of early Force training from my father and was able to hone the basic skills as we moved around from one place to the other. It wasn't until my young teen years that I really took off with my flying, thanks to my mother. Alleycat, her callsign from back in the day, set up sims for us to do together, some were from old Rogue Squadron missions. I can only hope I will become as good of a starfighter pilot as she was... and still is to this day, though the farmgirl in her has taken over I'm afraid. Mom spends most of her time now tending to the farm and vineyard at the estate on Naboo. She's happy and that is all that counts, right?"

During Addy's giant rambling session, the two had walked a fair way toward the alcove Hollis had mentioned.

"Have you decided on what path you are going to take yet, Hollis? I'm a guardian all the way. My brother is considering the counselor route, well at least this week," she chuckled softly.

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis chuckled when Addy mentioned the medical wing. Truly, she was kinda surprised that she hadn't landed herself there yet. Her brows arched slightly. She couldn't imagine having to train as a Jedi and a pilot! Just grasping all the basics of Jedi life was enough for Hollis... but she had to admit that flying a starfighter did sound like fun.

"A vineyard?" she asked, canting her head. "Wow, that's amazing."

There were lots of windows here to let in the sun. And statues of Jedi to line the walk of the alcove. A small plaque explained that some of these statues had been destroyed and were either remade completely or repaired.

"I think guardian for me too,"
she said, nodding. "I did consider going counselor... but I do like the idea of protecting people." Hollis said with a nod. She had a habit of second-guessing herself. So, sometimes she had to remind herself why. Still, she couldn't imagine having to actually fight... not yet at least. Her fingers reached out to touch the raised lettering of the plaque.

"I can't believe the temple was attacked," she said, shaking her head. "Can you imagine?" Hollis blinked. "Have you had to go to battle yet?" It all seemed so... intense.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Exploring the temple...
Mid-morning

"I'm more of a beer type of person, but maybe Mom will grow some hops too... She grew up on a hop farm on Taanab. One can only hope, hmm?" Addison winked with a soft chuckle, then followed Hollis into an alcove where the sunlight coming through the windows illuminated several statues that lined the area. It was very serene and enlightening, to say the least.

Brown hazel orbs took in the sight, feeling humbled amongst the looming figures of past Jedi greats, rebuilt as they were it appeared from the placard, then her eyes flicked to Hollis standing nearby.

"No, I can't imagine, but from what Dad has told me about what happened when the First Order and the Knights of Ren attacked the temple on Lothal, well there's no other words to describe it except it's a tragedy all around," she nodded, then moved further into the alcove. Her father had fought one on one with the Supreme Leader that fateful day... He was lucky to have survived though perhaps the Force looked upon the Jedi Master favorably in that instance as the dark cultist was never seen again.

The Jedi pilot stopped for a thoughtful moment, then looked back over her shoulder at the other brunette when she asked the question regarding if Addison been in a battle yet.

"I have, recently in fact with my squadron. I... I shot down my first enemy ship. I was excited at the moment because it was a great feat given the circumstances and being a rookie and all. But, it is never easy taking a life, even if they were trying to take out my squadmate," Addy answered, then asked in like of the guardian-to-be.

"How about you?"

Um9wLtZ.png

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis shuddered as she thought about what the temple might have been like when it was under attack. The temple was teeming with Jedi; their enemies must have been especially bold that day.

However, she returned to the conversation as Addy mentioned that she had been in battle. Her eyes widened slightly when she learned that her pilot friend had shot down an enemy ship. Indeed it must have been quite a complicated mix of feelings. Hollis didn't know how she'd feel about doing something like that.

"I can't imagine it'd be easy,"
she said, nodding. Addy was right.

Hollis shook her head when the question came back around to her. "Not yet," she said. "Saber fighting is still pretty new to me… I don't think I'd fair well on the battlefield." Hollis chuckled, though she was serious. Honestly, the idea of having to fight for her life was frightening. She was thankful that the Jedi weren't going to expect her to charge into battle just yet.

"Okay," Hollis said, nodding towards another corridor. "I think the archives are just down this way."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Exploring the temple...
Archives

div-orange.png

"I have a remote to practice with. It really helps me to get the basics of Shii Cho down and the timing espeically if using Soresu for blocking blaster bolts," Addy stated with an affirmative nod.

"I use it when I have downtime on whatever capital ship we are assigned to. You might try it... if not, I'll work with you to build up your confidence when I'm around," she smiled as the two padawans made a turn to go towards the Jedi library.

It was one of the things Kahne Porte Kahne Porte had procured for his daughter along with a Holocron the Jedi Master had made for her before she left the nest.

"I've not been to the archives here. What is your favorite area or genre to study?"

Um9wLtZ.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom