Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Temba, His Arms Open | Mission To Antar

svjbudd.png
A L A R I S P R I M E
THE ALARIS TEMPLE || KASHYYYK SYSTEM

Age was said to come with wisdom.

Instead, the older that he got, the less sure the Anzat was that he knew anything. About himself. About the Force. About the Jedi. After the disasterous
business trip to Zonju V and the unfortunate mess that had followed, he needed a place to get away. Try to find himself at the very least.

The last time he had taken a sabbatical such as this, it had been
to Ahch-To with Jorus Merrell. The two lost Jedi had connected there, leading to Sor-Jan's introduction to the Underground and providing him a restored sense of purpose in the Kathol Outback. A renewed sense of hope that had, for too fleeting of a time, buoyed his spirits as he continued to try and find his place in this galaxy so different from what he had known.

But where did one go when it all falls down?

The Galactic Alliance had fallen, and the people of the Outer Rim Coalition -- however well intentioned -- were not the same as those that he had gone to Demonsgate or Exocron with just a decade prior. He had found
a confidant in Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , but their battle in the wake of the Zonju affair had seemingly sparked a fire in them both. They were both frustrated, for many of the same reasons. Best to leave her space in which to reconcile her demons. Sor-Jan had problems of his own that he needed to try and work through.

So he returned to what felt familiar. Or, at least, what was as close to it as he could get.

The Jedi Temple on Coruscant that he had grown up in as a Jedi hopeful was gone, some eight hundred years past. Burned in the fires of the New Order that Sor-Jan had unknowingly helped to create, rebuilt and torn down a hundred times by events that he knew little or nothing about, owing to his removal from them. He had left the Clone Wars and arrived in the wake of the Netherworld Incident. There was no Empire here. Corellia had been a shattered world. And the galaxy was a chaotic assortment of splinter groups and political factions.

For a time, he had found sanctuary on the moon of Yavin. But that sanctuary had been turned out by the Mandalorians. Then, he had found solace in the Silver Temple on Voss-Ka, but while he had been away, in the corporate boardroom, the Silver Jedi had fled the persecution of the Sith and left Voss behind. His anger over that decision had caused Sor-Jan to leave the Silver Jedi behind as well.

The words seemed to haunt him now. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. He had heard them as a child. Repeated them several times. Thought that he had instilled them in his own padawans, yet fell victim to the trap all the same. His need to belong had caused him to fear losing those roots that so tenuously tethered him to this unfamiliar time. When the Silver Jedi had fled Voss, he had been angry at them for it. And, in his anger, the resentment had led to his suffering apart from the same people he could have turned to for help or understanding.

He'd come to them now. Looking for what, he didn't yet know. Forgiveness? Rejuvenation? It had been so long since he'd found the peace in which to meditate, that it was nice to just take in the forests. The smell of the trees was a sensation unlike anything he had ever known on Coruscant. And, despite their love for their homeplanet, Corellians would have to admit that there was a tad too much exhaust in the atmosphere of the Elder Brother to have ever smelled the flowers around Coronet City.

He had found his escapism at the Jedi Temple on the moon of Alaris. Kashyyyk was close enough that it was visible in the night's sky, but the boy wasn't ready to step foot in the Silver Rest yet. He didn't feel right about it, which was more about him than it was the temple or the Wookiees. Until he could put aside his feelings toward the move from Voss to Kashyyyk, he was content to wrestle with those fears and doubts at an arm's length from the Silver Council that he had once served.

The boy sat down in the communal dining hall within the temple. A simple tray for a meager meal and a wooden cup for water. Not the elaborate experience of dining aboard the Intervention or the excess of calories and sugar to be found in a trip to McYodas. It was simple living. And, to be honest, he was finding it a welcome reprieve from a corporate life that had dictated every second of his schedule. Too often, he ate fast food just because it was fast and there was another meeting to get to. Another report to prepare. Another presentation to give.

Truthfully, his corporate empire was more than capable of running without him at this point. Marque Marque had Corellia Digital and Holoflix's operations well in hand, while Aisha could manage Corellia Defense better than he could. And the accounting droids made Correl Financial an enterprise that was largely autonomous. So long as their shares continued to supply a good dividend, he doubted that the board of trustees would even note his absence. Which all helped to make this a trip where he could set aside thoughts of business and just concentrate on himself.

The boy's hand reached for the wooden cup, then hesitated as he started to bring it to his lips. His head rose as his posture straightened. It seemed as though the Force may have had other ideas for what he was going to do today...

"General Xantha."

The voice came from behind him. Setting the cup down, the boy merely gestured to the empty seats that were directly across from him. As a pair of shadows passed by, the boy's icy blue eyes gazed up to find a pair of temple guards now standing in front of him. "I'm sorry to bother you, Master, but we need your help."

Master.

Master of what, he wondered. Even when he'd lived among the Jedi, the boy had never found that being addressed as master suited him. He was not even his own master, how could he possibly hold him out as such for another? Forcing a slight smile, the boy merely said, "Few come to the Jedi seeking else," and beckoned for the guards to take a seat.

The second guard produced a holocaster, setting it atop the table. A tap of his finger produced a star map. At first, the stars displayed held no specific meaning to him. "With the recent terror attacks by the Mandalorians, and increased activity along the border with the Sith, many of our finest are focusing their attention along the north and west regions," the guard said, soliciting a nod as the boy registered the fact that this was a map of the Silver Jedi territories. "This has caused certain groups to exploit the reduction in activity to the east. Pirates have been attacking magnetite shipments along the Nanth'ri Trade Route."

"There aren't any experienced Jedi commanders available at the moment," the first guard said, cutting to the chase. "We know you haven't led an expedition in years, Master, but we were hoping you might do so again."

Leaning back, the boy found himself at something of a loss. He had only just returned to the Jedi, and not even to the Silver Rest. This certainly wasn't what he expected to do today.

Still, it was a chance to get back out there. He might not know what he was looking for, but meditating in one place wasn't going to be how he found it in any case. "If there are any Antarian Rangers or Padawans available, let them know," the boy stated finally.

"We'll leave as soon as there's a star cruiser available."

ZXDmlmR.png
HEAVY EXPLORER N A D E S I C O
PRINTAAR SYSTEM || THE INNER RIM

"Captain's Log, Twelfth of Elona, Day Seven of the expedition to the Nanth'ri Trade Route."

"After our last encounter with pirates near Terrijo, I'm happy to report that we've seen no signs of them in Grid N-13. The ship is now moving into Grid N-12 and should arrive at the Printaar System shortly."

The youngling knight arrived on the bridge of the star cruiser just a few moments after having been summoned by the Officer of the Deck.

Through the transparisteel window out into the wider cosmos, he could see the twin suns of Antar and Printaar. They'd arrived in the home system of the Gotal, and the major source of magnetite in the sector.

"Slow us to one-quarter sublight," the boy requested. For their journey aboard the Nadesico, the small Anzat had changed out of the traditional Jedi robes and into something
better fitting a spacer. As he took a seat in the command chair, the youth turned toward the right side of the bridge. "Com-scan?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary, General," the technician remarked. "Twelve ships, all registered freighters. Several smaller shuttles, moving between the mining settlements."

Well, at least they hadn't dropped out of hyperspace into the middle of a pirate raid. Again, that is. "Quartermaster, move us toward the planet Antar," the boy uttered, leaning back into the command chair as his head faced forward once again.

"General, we're being hailed."

To be expected. Particularly if shipping was being attacked. Making a motion to indicate for the communications operator to open the channel, the boy rose from out of the chair as he announced, "This is Master Sor-Jan Xantha of the Silver Jedi Ship Nadesico."

In front of him, a blue-scan line hologram took shape, as the image of a male Gotal snapped into being.
"Administrator Brunt of the Gotal Port Authority, Master Jedi. We are wondering, why are you here?"

The question prompted a look from the boy over to his First Officer for this cruise. He supposed that pirates weren't the worst of it. The last thing any planetary government wanted was for the Jedi and the Mandalorians, or the Jedi and the Sith, to start going at it in their home star. After all, it had happened to Thyferra and the planet was still recovering from having whole star destroyers crash into it. "We've received reports of pirate activity along your trade routes," the youth stated in an even tone, adding, "Our presence here is merely intended as a deterrence. We bring no conflict here, though I would appreciate any information that you might have on attacks on shipping through this sector."

"We would not discuss such things over subspace radio, Master Jedi. However, we are willing to meet at Temba Port for the purpose of an informational exchange."

"I am thankful for your generosity, and hope to show ours as well," the youth answered, with a slight bow. As he straightened back up, the tow-headed Jedi asked, "May I request that my crew be allowed to visit your homeworld? We have traveled a fair distance and I would hate for them to lose out on the opportunity."

"Permission granted, Master Jedi. We shall transmit orbital staging coordinates to you now."

The boy looked off toward the com-scan officer. The Gran turned toward his console for a moment, before turning back. "Receiving orbital telemetry now, General."

With a nod, the boy turned his attention back toward the holographic image of the Gotal. "May the Force be with you, Administrator. Nadesico out."

As the holo
gram vanished and the transmission ended, the youth returned to the command chair. "Helm, put us in orbit of the fourth moon," the boy said. Then, reaching over to the intercom controls on the arm rest, opened a message throughout the interior of the ship.

"All Hands, this is General Xantha. After a week in space, I imagine you may be a bit eager for a change of scenery. We are in orbit of Antar 4. Shore leave is authorized, but keep your comlinks on you."

Last edited:
"Karking nerf herder!"

The teen yelled that into the now empty space that had just held the craft she had snuck aboard while it was staying on Coruscant. Now the girl was alone...again...and on an unfamiliar world.

"Where the kark am I?"

Wrapping her arms around herself, the weather might be considered nice, but she felt a chill. Maybe it was just something internal or perhaps she was coming down with some sort of bug. Hoping she wasn't getting sick, she looked around for a place to get warm.

After trying several places, she ended up looking into the depths of a trash barrel. With barely a thought, there was soon a nice, little blaze coming from the top. Letting out a sigh, she leaned against the wall. Finally letting go of the hold she had on herself, she shivered until the warmth of the flame hit her. Closing her eyes, they popped open again after only a few moments.

Having to remember this wasn't familiar territory, she didn't feel it wise to let her guard down. Not even possessing a weapon, all Xian had were her hands. Holding them out to the trash can, she suddenly found herself looking across the fire at another person.

Jumping back, she was startled and almost appeared to want to run. There was a wall behind her and kept her in place.

"Wha...what do you want?"

Standing up straight, there was still the look of a wild animal about her, but not one that was going to bite.

Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Administrator Brunt was a Gotal of few words, in holographic form or in person.

It was mildly frustrating. He had a very clear impression that the Gotal knew more about the pirate attacks than they were letting on, but if he had to guess, it was because some of their own people were likely involved. After all, the pirates were hitting magnetite shipments. It wasn't like they were randomly hitting the hyperlanes, in each instance the shipping containers had magnetite in them.

That meant one or more of the mining workers were leaking information.

If it was true, then the Gotal likely viewed it as a internal matter. That would make gaining acceptance of an outside investigation, such as the Jedi mission, problematic to say the least. The Gotal had a respectable sense of independence. Too much interference into their mining operations might sour relations between them and the Silver Jedi, which was the opposite of what this expedition had set out to achieve.

It also meant that the longer they lingered in the Printaar System, the more likely their presence was to have a detrimental effect. He'd have to make a report to the Silver Council, then move on toward Grid N-11. The Silver Shadows could return and investigate the mining consortium with a lot less public scrutiny than could a 600 meter heavy explorer.

Reaching out, the boy pulled the
HoloBoy from out of his pocket. "Nadesico, Xantha," the youth stated, activating the comlink function on the device. "Is this the number that I dial for a skycab?"

"There is a landing pad clear just southwest of your current position. We are dispatching a shuttle, General."

Southwest of his position...
The boy held the device out at arm's length. Flipping through the different applications, the youth's finger hovered over the urban compass.

The hair picked up on the back of his neck.

Raising his head, the Anzat's gray eyes scanned around the area. Temba Port was a bustling trade hub, not as congested as Baal's Commune, but clearly a modern metropolitan city. Navigating the streets without an aid was an easy way for a tourist to get turned around.

The boy's hand fell away. Locking the HoloBoy screen, the young Anzat returned the device to his pocket as he continued to try and find his bearings.

Not his bearings as to where he was, but where he was meant to me.

He crossed the street, proceeding down an alley. His eyes were shut, his arms clasped in a meditative pose as he casually strolled. A left. A right. Was he going down a side street? An alley? He didn't know, except that there was a... thing.

"Wha...what do you want?"

He didn't know until that moment just what the thing was. Opening his eyes, the tow-headed youth was presented with a young girl who had the look of something feral in her eyes. "I didn't mean to startle you," the boy offered placidly. He hoped that he would not appear threatening. He wore a spacer's jacket that was open. The silver cylinder of a lightsaber was visible, dangling from his belt.

Was she the source of what he'd felt in the Force? "There's a shuttle coming down near here," he added, gesturing upward to indicate the sky overhead. Lowering his arm, he looked back at her as he explained, "I'm on my way to meet them."

His eyes fell over the makeshift fire pit. Was she homeless? Resourceful, in any event. "That fire looks warm," the boy remarked, gesturing toward it as he asked, "...may I?"

Even though Xian had been startled at first, the boy in front of her quickly set her nerves at ease. He didn't appear to be a threat to her and she was larger than he was if he did try and start a fight. Her eyes took in the details of what he was wearing and fell to the lightsaber hilt on his belt. Looking back up to meet his gaze, she gulped slightly and pointed to it.

"You say you're not here to hurt me, but others of your kind have tried. My home was destroyed because of people like you. There were other others that tried to help...Which are you?"

Following the motion of his hands, she looked up at the sky and back at him. Not having seen anything approaching, she nodded when he asked if he could join her. That look of a fawn was still present, but she stayed in her place.

"I am Xian."

What she didn't offer was any other information about herself.

"How do you know a shuttle is approaching?"

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu

The lightsaber made the woman uncomfortable.

Your kind. Now there was a rather interesting turn of phrase. Clearly, she had meant it in regard to Force Users, yet Sor-Jan couldn't help but be slightly amused by the fleeting imagine in his mind of a planet under siege by lightsaber-wielding grade schoolers. "Which I am depends entirely on your point of view. There are those who view me as a friend, and others who view me as an enemy," the youth commented, as he warmed his hands by her fire. Looking up from the fire pit, the boy added, "Which is true for you is something which you alone can decide."

She was guarded. She gave away more than she intended, but the apprehensiveness was palpable. At receiving a name, the boy gave a slight bow toward her. "Hello, Xian. My name is Sor-Jan," the youth supplied in introduction.

People wielding lightsabers... could she hail from one of the worlds caught in the Sith Imperial war machine? He'd heard rumors that the First Order, or a remnant thereof, may be active in the Outer Rim. Could she had stumbled across the Knights of Ren?

Worse, from his perspective anyway, was the fear that it might have been the Army of Light. Nothing was worse than Jedi who twisted their theology into something both hateful and harmful. Sadly, it was entirely too possible to imagine. Particular in light of the
recent articles he had read with regard the Grayson Imperium that had taken shape on Coruscant.

How did he know that there was a shuttle coming? "There is a Jedi ship in orbit of the planet," the boy remarked. He paused then, craning his head back as he scanned the heavens above them. Then, pointing upward with one hand, gestured to a faint light that was traveling across the night's sky. "There, actually," he stated, before looking back at the young woman. "The shuttle is landing near here in order to take me back there."

One of lights in the sky was steadily growing brighter, the shuttle that was descending toward the landing pad. Still holding his hands out toward the fire, the boy asked, "What about you?"

"What is it that you seek?"

Wise words came from the apparent boy in front of her. He pointed out there were two sides or more to views and she nodded slowly with some sort of understanding. Leaving the choice to her on if she would consider him a friend or an enemy, she realized she already knew.

"Sor-Jan. I think you could be one of the helpful ones. The nice and friendly kind. Not the variety that destroyed my home. My home was Coruscant and that was home to many Jedi. If you say you're waiting for the arrival of a Jedi ship, then I know you're one of the good ones."

What she said was more than he had heard from her in their short meeting so far. Once again, her eyes glanced at his hilt and then back to meet his. When he looked up, she did too, he pointed out the lights of the approaching ship and the girl blinked. At first, she had doubted him, but that had faded away into almost nothing. Then he asked about her and what she was seeking.

"A home."

Just two words were all she had and they were just enough.

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom