Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Techno-Beasts on Zeltros

"Wait a minute... I thought only Darksiders could produce a false aura like that." She sighed, a minor degree of bitterness towards her "daughter" growing more powerful than her beginning to surface. "And I'm guessing you have plenty of other tricks up your sleeve as well." Crossing her arms, she sighed. "Never mind... You have the coordinates of my shuttle. Meet me there, and we can bring you to Thule, get some answers about how to deal with the technobeasts." Hopefully the intermission would give her time to get her feelings back in order, feelings that she hoped Aleidis wasn't able to sense, feel, or otherwise know existed. If she did, one could only guess how disappointed she would feel in the woman who desired to fill the void of being a mother to her.

She turned away from Aleidis, not letting the former Chancellor see the frown on her face. "I have some last cleanup to do here." Trophies for the wall and samples for the lab. And emotions to get right.

Soliael stood now talking to half a dozen guards, every single time they turned away from him a smile flashed within him. He enjoyed playing this game so close to the chest. The guards had essentially come to him and treated the small metal blade as they would a bomb. They realized that the piece of techno-beast was what caused the spread of the techno-virus. Of course what they didn't know was that the virus was not anything organic or mechanical, it was born of the force.

When the techno-virus' host became inert, so did the virus itself. Once all the techno-beasts had been disabled and killed all traces of the virus had completely vanished. It was a simple matter, and it was what kept the Virus from being a natural born pathogen like Influenza or the Gulag Plague.

It was part of what made the techno-virus so unique, the fact that it was just a variation of Mechu-deru, and influence of the force on a being rather than the other way around. It was why Soliael had been so very interested in its creation, and it was why he was so interested in its destruction. Finally the Guard captain wandered over to him with a look of acknowledgment.

“Listen son. We appreciate you coming to us with this, and scans indicate you aren't infected or hurt...so you're free to go.”

The Man was still clearly weary, but this was a Republic World and they couldn't hold him with no cause. Soliael nodded to the man, and acted as if he were about to leave, then he piped up. “Excuse me? Do you mind telling me who it was that coordinated the attack? I would like to thank them...for rescuing me.”

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Aleidis raised her chin slightly at the Hybrid woman's turned back, almost in challenge. Of course she picked up on the bitterness - the anger or resentment or whatever it was in Circe's tone and body language. She'd known her for two years, off and on, and despite being an illusionist, Circe had always been as straightforward and direct as Aleidis herself. Especially in her desire to make a daughter of the Ghostling, a matter that Aleidis considered silly in private but handled with kid gloves when in Circe's presence. Under good circumstances, Circe was a friend and a useful contact. In the back of her mind, Aleidis reminded herself that Circe was a borderline psycopath and a misstep away from ending up a threat to the Galactic peace she'd been trying so hard to establish.

No doubt, in Circe's mind, the fantasy of Aleidis as her adopted daughter was somewhat strained by her prodigy status, and capabilities as a master. What kind of mother would resent a daughter for being talented? Her reaction only set Circe steps farther from a goal that was already long-off and departed, as far as Aleidis was concerned.

"Take your time - I have calls to make." The Ghostling promised, adjusting her satchel as she walked in a roundabout path towards Circe's shuttle. She had to call Codi, and let her know what was going on. She had to call Boolon, and warn him about this new plague. It'd be better to do both of these things in private.

The two damaged technobeasts were stripped of all useful components, which were placed in vials and containers, then taken to Circe's ship. As well, four carbonite-frozen technobeasts would serve as statues to her memory of having saved the planet from the infectious semi-droids. Returning to her ship as quickly as possible, She eagerly waited for Aleidis to arrive. Soon, both of them would be at Thule, and it would be time to examine how adequately the Belia Darzu holocron could answer their questions on the technobeasts.

"Check in the zone. She landed in a shuttle and might be around long enough to answer a few words before shipping out." This was the advice of the guard to Soliael.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

“Thank you sir.” Soliael said with a genuine smile to the man. He immediately then turned on his heel and headed back into the quarantine Zone. None of the guards attempted to stop him, signifying that the danger was completely gone. He wandered through the zone completely and entirely without his force senses. He knew that the “she” they had referred to could only be in a few places, the quarantine zone was not big enough to land a shuttle in many places.

It took him ten minutes, but finally he found the shuttle. He came upon a small ship, standing outside of it was a woman dressed in smart clothing. Her skin was green and her hair was red. He frowned slightly, not at all recognizing the woman for what she was. With boldness Soliael stepped up to the woman, his voice ringing with innocents. “Excuse me miss? Are you the one that lead the security forces in our rescue?”

His tone was genuine, as if he had truly and well been saved.

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Aleidis jogged up to Circe's shuttle with her bag over her shoulder, still wearing the dark-side cloak she'd put on before. It'd be awhile before she could break character, she reasoned - better to get used to the role. And that meant looking the part. She'd taken the opportunity while away to make a couple calls, to promise relevant people she was alright and inform them of what she was doing. It'd given her a chance to cultivate a disguise, because even looking like a Sith apprentice to Force Senses meant little if she wore the face that'd once been the greatest opposition to the Sith way of life.

So what'd she done? Made her build a bit more curvaceous, rather than her own willowy state. She'd made her face more angular, alien. And most importantly? Turned her skin green. She no longer looked like Aleidis, like a Ghostling, and that was the point. Moreover, she'd be able to be seen beside the half-plant Circe Savan without raising very many eyebrows. She'd be taken as, at best, a protoge of the same species - or a possible daughter. Nothing to be too curious about. The best disguise.

And one that only a Fallanasi elder - like Je'Gan - would be able to see through.

Feigning teenage disinterest in the man approaching Circe, Aleidis hovered nearby with her hands - for the illusion required both arms, even if one was as substantial as a phantom - in her hoodie pocket.

Circe began to take pictures with her datapad's holocamera. These images would serve as part of the evidence file for her investigation into this case. Doing a landscape shot, she accidentally turned to Soliael, "Oh... Hi. No, I didn't order the dropping of the EM torpedo... I did ask for the bombers to come in and strike the area with ion bombs, though. Droids going haywire... Sounds like a bedtime story from Mechis III."

Then she turned to Aleidis... Identifiable by her attire. Circe gently pushed at the illusion she now wore... But instead of it appearing semitransparent to her eyes, as an ordinary illusion would, it remained solid. Oh sure, she could tell it was an illusion, familiar with White Current skills and all... But if it wasn't for the fact that she knew this was Aleidis, she would've assumed the girl was just another one of many Falleen Fallanassi. Motioning her on board the ship, she turned back to Soliael. "Well, nice meeting you! Sorry, but I have a little research I need to work on. Been a pleasure!"

With Aleidis on board, she entered her shuttle, a soft smile on her face as she entered the cockpit. "Well, let's get going, shall we? And feel free to drop the illusion for the time being... No one'll see us face-to-face for he next couple of days."

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Aleidis ducked around Soliael and hustled onto Circe's shuttle with all the celerity her teenaged frame could muster. Which was fairly considerable. She had to get use to scuttling and scampering, as part of her disguise - Jedi Masters walked with confidence, leaders walked with confidence. A Sith apprentice scuttled and scampered. Illusions were built on details and maintained by lies.

As Aleidis sank into the chair beside Circe, she shrugged absently and rested her good arm on the console. "I'll have to keep it up once we reach Thule - I suppose I can afford to slack off a bit, now." The girl decided with a quiet sigh, sinking into the chair as her illusions - bar the one that kept her Force presence low - melted away with her breath. She was still on her guard, of course - and expected to be for the whole trip - but being able to drop her illusions was a nice little bonus. It'd been an exhausting day, emotionally speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom