Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Techno-Beasts on Zeltros

XV-265

X
XV-265 walked up a couple of stairs, out of a basement in which he had hidden himself so that he wouldn't be destroyed by the Ion blast. As he exited the building he saw dead husks all around him. He made his way through the streets, hoping to encounter another living being. He had killed quite a lot of these primitive beasts before going into hiding. He wondered what could have caused such an outbreak, so he walked up to one of the creatures and tried to analyze it, though with little success since he was a Battledroid, not a Medical or science droid. All he could figure out was that this outbreak had to have been caused by someone with a lot of knowledge about droids and biology. Noticing he couldn't find out anything further than that, he resumed his search for someone or something that had survived this catastrophe. @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

As Soliael turned the last corner to the barricade he was presented with a wondrous sight. Instead of being presented with a long police barrier with a few dozen police officers Soliael instead found a massive crowd of civilians screaming, whaling, and pushing at the police line to get out of the quarantine zone. The Sith Lord had to suppress as chuckle as the wall of people pushed and prodded the police officers, trying to get away from a threat that no longer existed.

As he calmly walked towards the end of the crowd Soliael realized that he probably ruined quite a few vacations with his little test. The thought made him chuckle, and as he reached the back of the crowd his voice joined in the screaming.

“Please let us through!”

“Those monsters where everywhere!”

“We'll die if you don't let us pass!”

Hundreds of voices called to the security forces, but like the professionals they were they did not budge. It would take time for anyone to go through. They would need to collect individuals, test them for the virus, hold them in quarantine and put them through psych evaluations. This would take time, and Soliael couldn't help but smile as his voice joined the chorus.

He wondered if the Jedi were here.

XV-265

X
XV slowly made his way through the city. He went into the Direction from which his auditory sensors had picked something up. When he finally reached his destination he saw a massive crowd of civilians.
He walked closer to the civilians, curious as to how they would react to him, since he could be mistaken for one of those Zombie-like creatures.
@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

For a brief second Soliael turned around, he saw the droid and an idea crossed his mind. The creature was not a techno-beast of course, he could easily see that. But to a panic imbued crowd and people who were already scared that minute difference didn't really register all that well. So when he saw the droid, Soliael knew exactly what to do to rile up the crowd.

“There's one of them right behind us!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, overtaking the other yells. It took a second to register what he said, and for the other people in the crowd to look behind them. As soon as they did however the line of civilians began a new push. They screamed and yelled at the top of their lungs, pushing at the riot police, and then finally pushing past the Zeltros Security Forces.

They rushed through the quarantine line, sprinting and screaming as fast as they could. Among them was Soliael.

"Good news is that whoever it was is likely dulled or cut off fro the Force entirely. If we catch them, they shouldn't put up much of a fight. Bad news is that I have no idea where they are now that their presence has significantly diminished in the Force. Unless you're capable of tracking them... I'd like to deal with whoever did this as well, assuming we can follow them." In truth, she had no idea what Aleidis was capable of now, but still felt that the woman trusted her enough to allow her to stand by Aleidis's side.

"Whoever they are, they've likely blended in with the refugees at the nearby security checkpoint to the west. That's the most likely situation. How should we interdict them before they escape?"

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

XV-265

X
XV had predicted that something like this would happen and it amused him to see the crowd's gullibility.

He continued walking towards the quarantine line, not bothering to reveal his real identity, since he didn't worry about the security guards. They already had a big enough problem.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I have no idea." Aleidis admitted reluctantly, standing upright. "Maybe if I'd had more time to get a bead on 'em, I might have been able to track their progress... but I didn't." She put her hand into her pocket and frowned unhappily. "And if they're blending in with a crowd of refugees, there's almost no way we can flush 'em out unless they're dumb enough to be carrying a lightsaber or something." It really was an awkward spot they'd been put in - but at least Alei's suspicion that the Tester had wanted to see their handiwork was validated. And she knew now that they were capable of hiding their force signiature. So that was something.

"Missus Savan - you're obscenely rich and good with computers, right?" Aleidis asked hopefully. "Is there a way to, like, track where all of the personal ships leaving Zeltros go in the next couple of weeks?" She inquied - having no real background with technology, herself.

"Oh dearheart... It's not about the money so much as it is getting people to pay up on favors. I can get you the location of every ship leaving Zeltros for the entire month. I wouldn't worry about it - suspicious flights will be detected and their destinations will be recorded. You'll have access to their data."

Oh wait, that wasn't mushy and gushy enough. "Aleidis, I've missed you so much." She gently wrapped an arm around the younger woman, happy to be reunited with her so-called daughter.

But her daughter assumedly didn't feel the same way.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Aleidis shifted, frowned slightly at the physical contact, then pulled away a bit. "Missus Savan - I need to talk to you about something else." She explained gravely. Some people migh have chilled to see the former Chancellor and young prodigy looking so very serious, but Circe had always seemed immune to whatever authority Aleidis could muster. Then again, Circe had met and known Aleidis as a clueless but adorable fourteen year old who could barely lift a book without breaking a sweat.

"I know you were on Metalorn." Aleidis said flatly. "I need to know if you're the one who administered the gunjack to the prisoners." She insisted, looking up at the green-skinned woman from behind her bangs. "And if it wasn't you, I need to know who did it."

And all was silent for the longest time, then Circe gave a response.

"No, I did not administer Gunjack to anyone at the facility. I do know, however, that several black-armored stormtroopers - technically shadowtroopers, but I'm more a fan of the Blackhole name - gave the order and used the facility's machinery to mass-inject the prisoners. That's how they were able to send such a large horde out to meet the Republic. Blackholes' logic was that by getting the prisoners killed by the Republic, the prison was of no use to said Republic. Then Bosch came in with the airstrike and gave myself enough time to escape. One of the Blackholes escaped too, but the others were dead in the facility last time I saw them."

And now was as good a time as any to raise a question. "Don't tell me... You're thinking the same thing I am, that these three biological/chemical weapon attacks are connected?"

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Soliael kept moving with the crowd. It didn't pay to break away from the rushed masses who were currently running through the streets. The police tried to detain as many of them as possible, but given the sheer amount of panicked individuals such a thing proved to be entirely impossible. Soliael simply moved with the crowd until he was well beyond the perimeter and back into the party life of Zeltros.

On a planet like this it was entirely impossible to stop the night life. They were now a few miles away from the quarantine zone, the group of panicked and rushing people having split apart into smaller and smaller groups until eventually they all scattered across the rest of the city. As Soliael arrived back into the regular city he found everything much the same. People were walking the street, tourists were scoring spice, and Zeltrons were seducing innocent fools. This was what Zeltros was, it couldn't be stopped even with force. This was a party world through and through, and not even he could stop that.

He smirked slightly as the bright neon-lit signs flashed in his face. From local landmarks he recognized where he was, knowing that he was drawing near. Still in the back of his mind he wondered if anyone had caught up to him yet, if they even realized what had happened here.

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Aleidis' posture became less tense and combative as she relaxed the slightest bit. Granted, it meant she had to chase more leads and FIND more leads, but at least she didn't have to cut down one of the few people in the Galaxy capable of forcing her to fight fair. "The evidence is pretty compelling, isn't it?" Alei pointed out bleakly. "First, the Darkwing Plague - or whatever they're calling it - sweeps across the Galaxy. Then Metalorn, and now this?" She waved in a vague circle. "If we attribute the Gunjack to the Empire, that's one thing - I don't know if they have the power to do what Blackwing did, and they didn't handle the virus that well in any case."

"But, if they are connected? Somebody's playing God, and I don't care for it." The Ghostling complained. "If I hadn't dealt with him myself, I'd blame Velok - the thought that this might be some sort of 'dead man's switch' event occurred to me, but this feels more like a testing circuit. Especially considering the presence we just felt disappear." Aleidis put her hand on her hip and glared down the mostly-empty street in the quarantine zone. "The biological sciences should be used to save lives, not to end them. Not to toy with them."

"The only thing is, the Harvester infection, while admittedly similar in its consuming of flesh to the technobeast virus, was significantly different enough from Blackwing and Mnggal-Mnggal to be considered "new." The technobeast virus was the exact same as described in Sith lore, which implies that whoever did this studied Belia Darzu's holocron at one point... A holocron I know the location of."

She of course chose not to mention that she had asked Kaine to let her look at it, learn Mechu-Deru for herself.

"This required an understanding of Sith magic and technology together. The Harvester infestation required knowledge of genetic engineering as a whole. I don't see enough to truly link these together, since I doubt someone would be able to have a wide enough skillset to pull off both a technologically-based and organically-based plague. Besides, these technobeasts were weak. Ion torpedoes eviscerated them. If they were made by the same person, they would be as hard as the Harvester infesting Codi to kill."

"Speaking of, how is she?"

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Soliael kept up a rushed pace as he wandered through the streets of Zeltros. His movements where fluid and practiced, his route was entirely planned out and the alleys and paths he took within the city seemed to be entirely clear. After a while the crowds around him thinned, the people seemed to disappear and before he knew it Soliael was entirely alone.

A frown became plastered on his face as he moved through the empty dark alley's. Curiosity was getting the better of him, and he wondered who had coordinated the containment of the outbreak. They had known precisely what to do to contain to Techno-beasts, they had taken quick decisive action. They had of course also caused untold billions in damage, but he didn't particularly care about that. His quest for knowledge got the better of him, and Soliael decided to draw whatever had led the counter-attack out of hiding.

Quickly he turned on his heel and wandered back to the busier part of Zeltros, a mission in his eyes.

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"]

This information wasn't what Aleidis wanted to hear - she wanted a decisive path to follow, a name and a face to assign the evils to and a cause to progress against. Muddy, choppy waters were ill-suited to a crusading ship's course. Sure, she could understand the reasoning behind what Circe had to say - it made perfect sense. But Aleidis didn't have to like it, and she didn't have to like that she might have three problems with three different perpetrators rather than three problems with one.

"Codi's fine." Aleidis promised with a quiet sigh. "Her recovery was long, but a good deal of it I suspect was in her own head. It was rocky for awhile, but she's more or less back to her old self." The Ghostling explained. Of course, things had been rocky because she'd forsaken everything they'd ever worked for to become Chancellor, and Codi had felt bound by honor, duty, and/or love to forsake it alongside her. But now that Aleidis was back on a true path, they'd both managed to clear away the issues of pride and unspoken resentment - and both were happier for it. Aleidis was closer to the girl she'd been, the girl Codi had fallen for. So that was a good thing. "The scarring is a little... pronounced, but she likes it there. As a reminder, or something like that." The Ghostling reported with a tiny wave. "I think she simply enjoys scars."

"More to the point, Missus Savan - what are we going to do about this?" Aleidis inquired. "Even if the Technobeasts were 'weak', people died. And if my guess is right, and this was just a controlled test, then it'll happen again. We need to prevent that from happening."

"Not really a surprise there... She always did seem to enjoy things more roughly than the average girl." A soft chuckle went across her face. She opened her mouth, intending to suggest Codi "pay" for the services rendered to her, but something entirely different came out. "I think the best way for us to get answers on this most recent incident is to talk to the person who created them in the first place. More precisely, her holocron. That of Belia Darzu, Shi'ido Sith and the original creator of these monstrosities. Perhaps she can tell us about how to deal with this sort of thing.

The suspects were limited in her mind. To learn how to make such monstrosities, the person needed this holocron. This meant they were Sith or ex-Sith - but likely weren't Sith now, seeing as the monsters attacked Circe, a Sith. The Jedi and Omegans weren't the type to do this, and neither were the CIS. This left the Atrisians, the Mnenchei, or however that's pronounced - and the Moross Crusade. And the Hutts, but seriously, where would they get such a weapon?

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Soliael wandered back through the streets, heading towards the quarantine zone. This was not usually like him. There was a hundred different means of finding out who had led the quelling of the techno-beasts, but for some strange reason he felt compelled to do it this way. His curiosity got the better of him, and he wanted to know if the Jedi were involved or if it was something else. Quietly he made his way back towards the barricade lines, walking up to one of the guards with a meek body language.

“Excuse me...sir?” He asked quietly. The Guard turned around to face him, a smile on his face...what a helpful man.

“What do you require citizen?”

Soliael looked at the man and smirked. “I...i was behind the barricade line...and I picked this up.”

The Sith lord pulled out a small piece of metal, a piece of one of the techno-beasts. The guard immediately clicked on his radio and called out to his commanding officer, having been informed of the dangers of the metal from the techno-beast. Soliael smiled for a split second, waiting for others to confront him.

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I'm on something of a limited time-" Aleidis began to explain, before remembering.

Jurine.

Stifling a small sigh, Aleidis shook her head and slumped the slightest bit. "But I'm sure I can manage." She decided warily. "Especially if talking to this holocron means that we can put an end to this plague before it becomes a bigger problem. There's no virus in the Galaxy that doesn't have some sort of antibody or vaccine." The Ghostling promised as she adjusted her satchel and put her hand back in her pocket to keep it from fluttering about as she talked.

"There is a way to survive the process without being lobotomized. A Jedi once managed to do so. As well, one can be purged of the virus via orbalisk or via the Dark Side before lobotomization. But if we're going to Thule, you need cover. Or a disguise. I doubt they'll let a Jedi Master in without torturing her significantly." She paused, stroking her chin. "Perhaps if you know Quey'tek meditation, you could come with me as hired help, or a servant, or even the latest person adopted into my family. I'm sure Ven would love to meet you."

This was an opportunity to show Aleidis what she had accomplished. She wasn't entirely a destroyer... She was a builder as well.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"If it exists, I can get into it." Aleidis promised simply. Off of the top of her head, she could list a half-dozen ways to go anywhere she damn well pleased on Thule - if Circe wasn't working against her, there were at least four more through the White Current. Rather than brag or boast - which would ultimately be pointless - Aleidis demonstrated. Her aura flipped inside of itself, becoming a quiet red malevolence that any enterprising Sith Apprentice would be proud to wear like a badge of honor. The cloak was a special trick she'd learned from Je'Gan and rarely used, although it'd been comprehensive enough to fool the Darkstaff up until she cast it into a supernova.

But then, she'd gone from Master to Master then. This was Master to Apprentice/Knight, and it felt a bit like wearing a shirt that was uncomfortably tight and covered in grease. "It's good to know that there are solutions, but those don't help us at all. We can't just go around throwing Orbalisks onto people in the hopes of extending their life a little longer. We need a vaccine - or we need to find out who's making the virus so that we can put a stop to it." Aleidis explained

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom