Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tear in the Fade

"Welcome to the clinic, Lady Savan." The psychologist walked along with the female Sith through the halls of the mental asylum. Circe had come here looking for a particular type of person to experiment on. "What sort of patient are you looking for today?"

"Well..." She stroked her chin cautiously, not entirely sure herself. "Do you have anyone who believes his-or-herself to be stuck in the wrong world? You know... Someone who's so out of touch with reality that they'll do anything to escape it? I need that sort of person for my next treatment attempt. Would you happen to have anyone here interested in participating in such a therapeutic study?"

"There is one..."

@[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

I muttered utter nonsense. Or at least that was what others perceived my 'ramblings' to be. Nothing more the madness mumbled from the mouth of an insane woman. Not anything anyone should bother to pay attention to. Oh, how I loathed them all. They claimed to 'care' about me and my 'mental health'. But in reality? They do not even believe I can be labeled a sentient. How... despicable. Was I ever going to be allowed to leave this prison? Potentially, but I would forever be marked. For if someone is ever considered mentally handicapped, that is all they are ever treated as.
"Tai'ko, someone wishes-" Someone started to say, before I threw my pen at their face. "I TOLD YOU MY NAME IS VANESSA!" My voice came out in a growl as I watched the frightened woman take a step back. The writing tool had barely been dodged, and was now stabbing into the padded wall behind her. It made me chuckle. I guess my use of this 'force' sometimes made me throw a... tad harder then others could. Now much quieter, and visibly terrified, the lass spoke, informing me of an interesting development in my stay. "V-Vane-nessa... Someone w-wishes t-to see-ee you..." Every word came out in a stutter, slow and cautious.
Was she really that scared of me? Perhaps. It was likely she was attempting to prevent further violence. A logical and rational decision, even if a bit cowardly. With a nod I gave my consent to see a visitor, and returned to writing in my journal, using one of the pencils I was allowed to keep in my possession. Unfortunately they would likely be taken from me after this... incident. Oh well, I'd just 'borrow' one from a worker later.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"She's exactly what you're looking for. Her name's Tai'ko, but she calls herself Vanessa. Apparently she believes herself to be some sort of empress from a dream world."

"I'll take her."

The door would open and Ta- I mean, Vanessa would be able to walk out, no issues whatsoever. The green-skinned woman's gaze would bore deep into the back of Vanessa's mind. "The paperwork's been signed. You're free... on the condition that you come with me.

Humming I continued writing, sitting in the corner with my knees to my chest.Was it odd that I went from highly aggravated to relaxed in the span of a minute? Hmm... perhaps. But that was a quirk to be worked out at another time. By the workers, of course. Only they think me to be crazed. Me? Oh, I know the truth that they are to damn blind to see. I am sane, perfectly sane. Merely... in a coma. Dreaming up a world to try and soothe myself. Something logical and rational. Not crazy. Not crazy. NOT AT ALL. SANE. Perfectly sane. I thought, hands clenching into fists.
A noise alerted me to someone approaching, and I practically jumped up, pen in hand. When the door swung open I stepped forward, waiting to see who came. Both of my arms dropped, and I just stared at the woman in front of me. "What are you?" I blurted out, blinking a few times. Green skin? Who the bloody hell had green skin? Coming closer I looked her over, walking around her to try and see her from every angle. God, she was strange looking. But hot. Definitely hot.
Once I was done with that I came back up front, letting my gaze meet hers. Those eyes... unnerved me. It felt like she was looking into me... Inside I was a tad curious, but I kept a straight face as I replied. "Free? Well, then I must take you up on your offer. Though I have to ask, Ms.... something, why did you free me?" I asked, head tipping ten degrees to the right. No more, no less.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Because I have things planned for you." Such ominous. Very sinister. "Now let's go." Pausing, Circe gently took the dreamer's hand and let her out of the mental hospital, to her shuttle. "See, you show the hallmarks of someone who's possessed. Or at a minimum, someone who's managed to touch through the veil between the material realm and that of the Force. And I intend to use you as an experiment, in order to see if a real breach can be made."

Breach to a demon-filled realm? Sounds like fun.

Plans? Eh, better then sitting here all day, just waiting for the next psyche exam. Which I always seemed to fail, despite my logical and rational thinking. Perhaps this will lead me to discover the reason I am trapped in this coma? That would be so delightful. So I quietly let the lass take my hand and lead me to-... what was this thing? Before I could ask she spoke again, confusing me even more. Possessed? Material realm and the Force? Oi. None of this made any sense to me, and would require a lot of elaboration...
"What... what is that thing? We didn't have those back home..." I said, staring up at the... thing parked outside the hospital. God it looked weird... And I certainly was not possessed. Nor have I ever been... Right? Relax Vanessa, this is not the time to be doubting yourself this way...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"This is a shuttle. It's a special vehicle type that'll take you off this planet." She smiled. "And to my laboratory. Before you ask, that's a place where cool stuff happens." She paused, gently taking the young woman's hand as she helped her up the ramp. Soon, the two were in the air as she was directed to the guest room, where Vanessa would be staying for the time being. "Here you go. Feel free to ask me whatever questions you desire."

Heh... You had to love Circe. She enjoyed working with people.

Hm. This world is so strange. And I doubt I could dream all of this up on my own... But no, this has to be a dream. God, I don't want this to be real. I just want to go home! Back where I belong... where people appreciate me instead of just acting like I don't exist. Breathe Vanessa... breathe. Don't cry, don't cry. Just hold your head up high and keep moving. You'll be fine. "Off this planet? Magic..." I muttered, quietly squeezing the woman's hand as we walked. I guess it was my way of assuring myself that it was okay. That this person was... different from the others.
It helped me relax.
Soon the 'shuttle' lurched, supposedly rising up into the air. For a moment I was terrified, and looked at my 'savior' with wide eyes. But things evened out again, leaving me like a frightened rabbit. "Who are you?" I asked, staring at the floor as I wondered. Here I was, with a lass who's name I didn't know, going to a place I'd never been to before. Sister would be ashamed...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Circe. Circe Savan. Your owner. Your master. And the one who's going to take good care of you, my precious little experiment..." She smiled, gently petting Vanessa's hair as she brought her to the guest room. "Any other, less obvious questions?" Such as species? Where they were going? The shuttle's abilities? Stuff like that... Then again, it wasn't like anyone paid attention.

Or did they?

Had anyone else dared to call me theirs, I would have attempted to beat them to a pulp on the spot. But the way she- Circe- said it... the way she held my hand earlier... Hm. I'd be okay with her being my 'owner' for now. Even if she continued to pet my hair (which I found rather odd, to be honest). However, if anyone else attempted to claim me as theirs, or to act in the same manner this woman has, I will not hesitate to break them.
"Well... I still don't know what you are. Forgive me, but I've never seen someone so... beautiful. Or anyone with green skin... This place seems stranger and stranger by the day..." I said, the last sentence coming out as a mumble. As I spoke a blush overtook my features, aggravating my slightly. Now was not the time to look like a child in love. It was a time to learn, a time to ponder, and a time to discover. "Also, where exactly are we going?"
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Beautiful?" She smirked, gently circling around the woman who would serve as her test subject and experiment. "Why, I must say, your compliment is... most unexpected. But not entirely... Even gorgeous girls like yourself find themselves enraptured with my beauty." Stepping over, she stood behind Vanessa, placing her arms over the woman's shoulders. "So tell me about yourself. Both yourself and 'the other girl' they said you were."

Who knew what would come of this?

The questions seemed pointless. But then again, everything in this place seemed pointless to me. I just want to go home. Even if there aren't any girls like Circe back there. "I am Vanessa Nact Seele, Empress of the Forgotten Realm- though those here refer to it as the 'dream world'. They also said my name is actually Tai'ko Vin, and I used to be a bookkeeper in Ireial." I explained things quietly, still looking straight ahead and ignoring the weight of her arms on my shoulders. Part of me wanted to reveal more information, while part of me believed I had already said enough.
In the end I decided it was best to add a little more.
"Apparently I... I had cancer. It was bad. Broke down my body, prevented me from eating or moving around. Doctors were surprised when I made it out alive. The dream world... was what I experienced during a coma. Or at least that's what I've been told. I'm not quite sure what I believe anymore." With that I hushed, frowning slightly at the words. I didn't know what was worse: Being from this world and getting sick, or being from the other and being trapped here...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well you don't appear to be an Empress to me, however cute you are." She sensed the distinct taint of corruption with this one and intended to use her greatly. "Would you like me to examine your body for any signs that the doctors were right, and that you did indeed experience cancer dangerous enough to either force you into a coma or to make you need to be in a medically induced coma?"

She raised an eyebrow, wanting to help Vanessa/Taiko sort her problem out.

Cute. She called me cute. Honestly, I have no idea how to respond to that. So for now I'll just pretend I didn't hear her. What came next was a surprise, and left me thinking for a few moments. "Please... I... I want to know the truth. But I have to warn you, I... there are a lot of scars. Not all from the supposed surgeries..." I said, voice even quieter then before. While I did want her to tell me if I had cancer... I wasn't to pleased about the fact that my scars would be seen. But she wouldn't be the first to look at them.
Nor would she be the last.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Taking a look at the woman, Circe smiled. "Alright... disrobe, and meet me in the room with white furnishings. I'm going to run a full checkup of your body, see if there's anything abnormal about it. If your mind was comatose, there'll be evidence. If you had cancer, there will definitely be evidence. So let's take a look at you and see if we can't give you some answers."

She smiled, giving a soft grin. Helping people was what she did.

D-Disrobe? I knew this was coming, but somehow I was still surprised to hear the words. Quietly I nodded, ignoring the blush raging over my features. Once Circe left the room I did as asked. There had been plenty of medical evaluations at the hospital, especially after I attempted to-... No Vanessa, don't think about that. We don't talk about that. Letting out a sigh I left the room, walking towards the one I had been told of.

Wasn't to hard to find, really. Entering I looked around, inspecting the space. I have no idea what to expect.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Alright... Just sit down in the comfy chair and let Circe make you nice and relaxed." She smiled, taking a look at Vanessa. Some MRIs would be needed. Quickly, the ultrasound looked through her body until it found some... aberrancies. "Mmm... I'm seeing remnants of malignant cells. Dead, of course, but still there. The body hasn't fully broken them down yet. Also, you have some hormonal imbalances. Being comatose with little brain activity could cause such a thing."

Intriguing. Perhaps the doctors were right.

Comfy chair? I'd be the judge of that. Wishing to test the comfortableness of said chair I sat in it, taking a moment to adjust myself. And... oh my. This seat was indeed comfy. Originally I had thought that Circe said it was a nice chair just to get me to happily sit in it. But oh my, it is far more then adequate. Alas, my throne back home is nowhere near the level of this one. Then again, the throne may not exist... But if it does, it pales in comparison to the mighty seat I find myself upon.
My buttocks are quite satisfied.
Though perhaps it is time to return my attention to the lovely green lady? Yes, I believe so. "So... They could be right? Is there any way to tell? Or can you access my medical records, to be sure?" I asked, voice regrettably quivering slightly. For obvious reasons. Such as the fact that everything I thought I knew was falling apart in front of me. Wondrous... Just wonderful.
@[member="Circe Savan"]
(If this failed to make you laugh, get out)

"I suppose so. I will need you to give your holosignature, though, in order to show that you gave me express consent to look through your records." She smiled, handing a datapad over to the woman. Once the datapad was signed, she took it back, accessing the medical records. "According to these logs, it's all true. You experienced cancer, went into a coma, and woke up, well... dreaming."

How odd. How odd indeed.

It took everything I had to sign "Tai'ko Vin" instead of Vanessa Nacht Seele. Somehow I managed, and quietly handed the strange device back. What came next knocked the breath out of me. Freezing I stared hard at the ground in front of me.... No. It... It can't be. Can it? Within a second I started to shake, and brought my knees to my chest, unable to believe it. God, this has to be a dream. When can I wake up? How will I get out of this labyrinth?!? Instincts kicked in, and I scanned the room for anything sharp.
I want to go home.
"N-No... Please, please... no..." I was practically sobbing now, voice cracking against my will. This was not what I wanted. All I want is to go home! To go back to my land, to return to my people! I don't want to be stuck here anymore.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom