Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teachings of the Light (Looking for Master please)

Rasu didn't know how many times she had wandered through the halls of the Jedi Temple, but it surprised her that she was still lost for words each time she entered. The smooth architecture of the temple walls were designed and built millennia ago but they still seemed brand new. Leaving the majestic entrance hall, Rasu headed towards the training grounds. In the form of a Mirialan, the light cast from the Coruscanti sun left dark shadows on her deep green skin, making the black facial tattoos almost unidentifiable as she walked down the long corridor, the faint sound of energy weapons clashing with cortosis echoed down the passageway. With her lightsaber at her hip she strode into the large hall, filled with other young Jedi enhancing their skills in what ever kind of lightsaber form they were studying at that time. Taking her own weapon off her belt, she headed towards a training dummy, however stopped herself mid-way as a though struck her. You know what, I think I'll try out a different exercise today, she thought. Shuffling through the groups of training dummies and sweaty Jedi of many various species, she made it to the other side of the hall, where she took a turbolift up into the higher levels of the Temple.

The Room of a Thousand Fountains had been rebuilt after the Great Jedi Purge and the Jedi Temples destruction preceding the Rise of the Galactic Empire. In this massive greenhouse, Jedi meditated within the tranquil surroundings of the chamber. It was here that Rasu hoped to deepen her connection with the Force. As an initiate she had struggled with the practical side of her Jedi studies, but she had slowly progressed and was now able to perform the traditional task. Although she was still unable to go into a deep hibernation trance for no more than an hour, she could still lightly meditate and that is what she planned on doing. Passing her fingers through a nearby fountain, she headed towards a large, flat boulder, which she leaped on top of. Crossing her legs she sat upon the large rock and closed her eyes. Her breathing slowed as she spread out her mental awareness, becoming one with the Living Force while still rooted into the land of the living. She could sense many beings within the chamber, Jedi and insects alike, but she let none disturb her, becoming solely focused on the task at hand, slipping further into her meditation.

Striding through the majestic halls of the Jedi Temple, the Jedi known as Marek S'hadar was silent. He kept his hood raised as to conceal the scars on his face, and not frighten the younglings of the Jedi. But as he entered the hall of a thousand fountains, and spotted @[member="Rasu Gan"]. Just who he was looking for, at least so he thought. She was said to be a shifter, so that complicated things. "Rasu?" He asked as he placed a hand on the meditators shoulder. (Sorry about the shortness, in a rush.)

(Not a problem)

Deep in concentration, Rasu could identify the life force of every living thing in the room, represented by a bright bubble of light. Extending her awareness the number of these glowing bubbles increased tenfold as she looked over the entire Jedi Temple. It was truly amazing, knowing that the Temple was full with so much light. A twitch in the Force however pulled her away from the awe-inspiring scene. Through her meditation, she could see an extremely bright bubble float closer to her. Feeling the hand on her shoulder and hearing her name being called, she opened her eyes, breaking the meditation. Looking at the hand on her shoulder, she followed it up the arm to find the persons face. Underneath the hood, she could make out the deep scars and immediately recognised the figure standing before him. "Greetings Master S'hadar" she said, quickly standing up to face him. "How can I be of assistance?"

@[member="Marek S'hadar"]

"I believe I should be asking you that question, after all it is the duty of the master to assist their padawan in becoming full Jedi." He stated, a small smirk forming under the Jedi's hood. He had efficiently let the cat out of the bag, revealing to @[member="Rasu Gan"] that she would be learning under him up until Knighthood. She seemed like a promising student from what he could see, one eager and willing to learn.

Rasu mouth dropped open, she couldn't stop her joy leaking out into the force. She had dreamed of this moment for 15 years and finally it had come true. A wide grin grew upon her face, and without questioning herself, she pulled the Knight into a tight hug. Realising what she had done, she released her new master, and looked down at the ground sheepishly, her body changing to that of a Rutian Twi'lek. "My apologies Master, my emotions got the better of me, please forgive me." She tried to hide her embarrassment but she knew that the man would be able to tell with or without the Force's help.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Marek smiled, and comforted the padawan, hugging her back as a way of telling her that the actions taken were completely acceptable, it was good to be excited, at least it had to be better than fear, which is what he'd felt as a boy beginning his Sith training. "It is okay Rasu, there is nothing to be ashamed of, I am happy to be your teacher." He responded with a smile. Biologically she was probably a few years younger than him, though based on actual years this was not the case.

Relieved that the Jedi Knight hadn't scolded her for her actions, she said, "Thank you Master." She had been so startled and surprised by Marek's announcement that she hadn't noticed that their brief meeting had caught the attention of her fellow Jedi within the room, many who had been interrupted from their meditations. Her blue cheeks once again deepened to a shade of red as her embarrassment shone through. Directing her voice out towards the Jedi onlookers she said, "My apologies everyone, I didn't mean to disturb you from your meditation. Please continue." A soft laugh escaped Rasu, when she caught sight of one of the elder Masters rolling his eyes at the Shi'ido Padawan as he sat back down, reentering a deep trance. Turning back to her new Master, curious, she asked, "I hope you don't mind me asking this Master S'hadar, but why me? What made me stand out from all the other Padawan's in the Temple?"

"Your species alone made you quite interesting, and the fact that you've been around for a while, you'll be mature enough to still learn from me, even if you do know my history. And that made all the difference Padawan Gan" Marek replied, leading Rasu out of the room as to not disturb the other Jedi. On the way out the same master who'd given his padawan a roll of the eyes, gave him a hard glare as he left the room, and Marek returned it in kind.

As they made it into the hall he turned to look at his Shi'Do learner. "Tell me what you want to learn first padawan, I can instruct you in the unorthodox lightsaber form, reverse grip Shien, Jar'Kai, force push, telekinesis, and repulse. For things other than combat, I can teach you about Sith tactics and how to counter them. Anything else, we can learn together." He stated, looking down on her and awaiting a reply.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Listening to her Master's answer, she nodded as he spoke, she was extremely grateful that Marek had picked her out of all the other eligible Padawan's and felt pleased that she could take that extra step towards Knighthood. Following her Master out of the room, she had to suppress a giggle when the young Knight shot a stern glare back at the elderly Master who had rolled his eyes at Rasu only moments ago. She released gratitude into the Force, hoping that her Master would understand her way of thanking him. Once outside Marek turned around to face her, asking what he could teach her. Startled by this, she had not expected to begin training so early, as their relationship had only just been formed moments ago. Quickly, she thought about what she had already learned during her time as an initiate and a Padawan. She had gained a great deal of knowledge from the holocrons in the library vault, and she felt quite confident in her force abilities thus far. It was her lightsaber techniques that needed touching up and she was always eager to learn a new technique, so she replied to her master. "Well, Master I have always found the art of lightsaber combat extremely interesting, and have always been curious how Jedi incorporate a second weapon into their forms. Would it be possible if you could teach me the foundations of Jar'Kai?"

"I think I can, but first, let us grab something to eat and talk. We should get to know eachother, we will be working together for some time will we not?" He asked, beckoning for Rasu to follow. As they walked through the hall, he did his best to be utterly silent as to allow her to talk, and to keep back some emotions brought forth by her twi'lek form. They reminded him of his adoptive mother, the prostitute who'd taken him in as an infant off the streets, the one whose death was the start of his tragic path into darkness. The form brought feelings of pain, and love to his mind, neither of which a Jedi should feel, at least not around his learner. Hopefully she wouldn't notice.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Oh of course" Rasu said, relieved. She wanted to know a bit more about her Master before they would begin any form of training. They would be spending a lot of time together and she hoped that she would learn more about him as he would of her. A relationship between a Master and their Apprentice lasted many years in common cases, and that bond would still remain strong long after the apprenticeship was over, or so she'd read. It was important that Rasu gave Marek a good impression of herself, so decided to tell him a bit about herself, so he could better understand the young Shi'ido. "Well my life wasn't the best before I came to the order. My family was the first to leave our homeworld in the last two hundred years, we settled on the planet Kira where my parents and elders were murdered by angry settlers." Pausing, she tried to erase the grief that had swelled up within her, however it would not go away. She realised that it was not her with these emotions but her Master whose sadness was slowly leaking into the Force, making her aware of it. I will ask him about this later, now is not the time, she told herself, continuing from where she left off as if nothing had happened. "Myself and the other young ones were put into slavery and were only rescued when a group of Jedi came to Kira......." The grief had intensified now, looking up at her Master, he seemed to be staring at Rasu. Concerned she asked, "Master are you alright? Have I done something wrong?"

"No my padawan, it is nothing, please continue." He lied rather skillfully, his way worth words, more specifically lying. It came in handy at times like this. When he looked onto Rasu, he felt a bit of jealousy, she'd been through worse than what he had in some respects, yet hear she was, uncorrupted and ready to learn. But that mattered not now, they would both overcome their own issues in time.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Although the man confirmed to her that he was fine, Rasu could tell that something was the matter. However she decided not to dwell on it, acknowledging the fact that he may not want to talk about it at this current time. Continuing from where she left off, "Well as I said before, a group of Jedi came to Kira and discovered us in chains. They freed us but before leaving asked if I wanted to accompany them here to the Temple as they recognised my Force-sensitivity. With nothing left for me on Kira, I left with them and have never looked back" Finished with her tale, she looked back at her Master, who was still intently staring at her. Something must be troubling him, she thought so asked for his story. "So Master, you've heard about me, now it's your turn. What brought you to the Temple to begin your training?"

"My brothers." He chuckled his thoughts going off to Devin and Cale. But the explanation was but a part of his story. "I was born on Coruscant along with my twin and thrown into the streets about a day after birth. He was found by Nabooian missionaries, I by a twi'lek prostitute who bore a resemblance to your current form. She loved me, raised me, but one day, a Jedi murdered her, or so I thought. In my grief, I fell to the dark at age five, only to uncover that my Sith Master had been the one who'd actually killed my mother. Needless to say he's dead." Marek stated, beginning his story, but he was sure @[member="Rasu Gan"] could tell he wasn't done yet.

Rasu studied her Master's face as he informed her of his life up until his training at the Temple. He chuckled at the mention of his brothers, men not known to Rasu but she assumed that they were held very dear to her Master's heart. The Shi'ido sympathised for him when he revealed the hardships he had as a young child, her disbelief became apparent on her face when Marek told her that his Twi'lek mother was murdered by a Jedi. How could that be? Jedi fought to protect the weak and innocent not murder them while they held no threat. However when the Jedi turned out to be a Sith, she found that the story made a bit more sense. However his story began to alarm the Padawan when he revealed that he had fallen to the dark side after the Sith had murdered the Twi'lek prostitute. Her thoughts towards her new Master began to change, could she really work with someone who had lived half their life in the dark? Ridding herself of these doubts she continued to listen to her Master's tale, confident that the next part would leave her with nothing but trust for the human knight.

"I got worse, falling deeper and deeper into my little pit of rage, clawing my way towards some shred of satisfaction, but I found none, and found my clone, who is now a Knight in the order as well. He was the first step for me, at first I wanted revenge, I ran to the Fringe and plotted to kill them, all of them. But during the Dark Harvest, I ran into Cale, my actual twin, and he helped pull me into the light." Marek stated. "If we're going to work to gather Rasu, understand that despite what other Jedi may tell you, I'm still a monster, there is no way to ever make up for what I've done. But I'm going to try anyway until I can no more." He added, looking to @[member="Rasu Gan"] to hear her final response to his whole story.

Rasu remained silent for a while after Marek had finished his long tale, taking it all in before replying to the human male. She had to be honest, she did find the man's story quite alarming, the fact that he still admitted he was monster didn't help ease the doubt she felt. Her Master, had for a time in his life been a Sith, would she too begin to walk down the wrong path if she studied under the Jedi Knight. However Rasu began to understand that the evil deeds that Marek had committed were not performed as Marek S'hadar the Jedi Knight but as Marek S'hadar the Sith, both were two different men completely.

With this said, she looked up at her master, saying, "I understand that some of the things you've done as a Sith disciple are unforgivable, but I also understand that as a Jedi now, you are able to see the damage you've caused...and you regret causing this pain." Rasu looked down to the ground, shaking her head as she continued. "You're not a monster, Master. You're not a monster as you were able to see the error of your ways and begin to right the wrongs of your past. You now fight for peace." she said, tilting her head to catch a glimpse of her Master's reaction.

"You're understanding speaks volumes my padawan, while I disagree, the fact you are willing to continue learning under me is something that I do not take lightly, I truly appreciate that." Marek said gratefully and nodded his head as they reached the dining area. He would grab a simple fruit, purple in coloration and about the size of a baseball, and sit down with it. He had no clue what it was, only that it had been extremely good when he'd eaten it yesterday. Then, in silence he waited for @[member="Rasu Gan"] to join him at the table so they could discuss far less depressing conversation than their previous one.

Rasu was glad that her Master had understood what she was trying to convey as she was known to sometimes confuse people with her different view on the universe. However putting that aside, the pair strode into the dining hall, which didn't seem to be that busy, with only a few tables taken. It surprised the Shi'ido that the room was considerably empty as she was used to dining with the hall fully packed, her group of friends often finding it hard to locate a vacant table. Moving with her Master to a trolley laden with colourful fruit, she watched him pick a round, purple one that to Rasu looked like it resembled a Muja fruit, and picked up a averagely sized shuura for herself, before following the human to a table.

Sitting herself opposite the man, she tore a chunk of the sweet flesh out of the fruit, making sure to swallow what was in her mouth before saying, "I hope you don't mind me asking Master, but does my current form disturb you in any way?" She thought back to the look the human had given her as she was informing the man of her time before training. She had at first thought against bringing this up again but had changed her mind when she realised that now that the two would be forming a close bond, they wouldn't be able to keep any secrets from each other. With that said, if she thought her form would disturb her Master in any way, she would happily change, so to make the man feel more comfortable around her.

Marek scratched the back of his neck nervously, he didn't want to offend her, but she wanted the truth, so he would tell her. "Minus the whole, being a prostitute and all, your current form bears a resemblance to my mom, it brings up some memories. But worry not Rasu, I've got thick skin, I'll be fine, your form choice is up to you." He replied, a reassuring grin on his face. Biting into the fruit, he lurched forward a little bit, it was sour, REALLY sour, and that was coming from someone who loved sour foods. He tried not to make a face in front @[member="Rasu Gan"], but failed, he was sure this little incident would be something she'd hold over him for a bit, but he'd be fine with that. Chuckling he looked up at his padwan and smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom