Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Teacher For A Day

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm. I think he did pretty well all things considered. I'm not much of a fighter myself, at least aggressively. With that in mind, he did still beat me fair and square." Right, that's what they were talking about. "My bladework is just meant to give me enough space to flatten someone out." Kahlil didn't explain further, though Valery would already know plenty on just what he meant. Instead, he crouched down immediately as Vera came over, abandoning the hug he'd given his wife to lift his daughter up with a bright smile.

He tossed her, a little. Not too much, but she seemed to love it with all the giggling. Though he did raise a brow and look to Silas for a moment.

Didn't say anything, but it was clear he wasn't too believing in Silas's assumption of burnt bread.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Vera definitely loved being picked up and tossed a little — she was giggling, squealing and the smile she had couldn't be brighter. In turn, it made Valery smile just as bright as well,
"Daddy's little star, hm?" she chuckled and nudged her husband with her hip before she picked up the shopping bags and set them aside more properly, so they weren't in the way. Her eyes then shifted to the bread again, and that's when she heard Silas behind her.

"I'm happy to see you again Master Noble and in good health as always. Kahlil was the one who thought about and helped make the bread with me, it's the least we can do as a way of saying thanks for all the things you've done for us"

Valery turned and nodded, before she looked between him and Kahlil for a moment, "His idea, hm?" She smirked almost teasingly for a moment, but it'd be pretty easy to tell that it really made her heart melt a little. She always loved the little things Kahlil did for her, and Silas helping him prepare something as a thank you helped make it even better, "Well, it's very nice of you both, and it's always my pleasure to help." For a moment, she made eye contact with Kahlil again, and showed her loving smile, before she turned back to Silas.

"And I doubt you would have burned the bread, not with him helping you make it." She chuckled and then gave an idea that popped up in her head some thought. "Hmm, why don't you stay over for dinner this evening? I got enough to cook dinner for all four of us, and it's a lot better than the meals at the Temple." If anybody dared question that, they'd receive one hell of a glare.

"Thank you, Master Kahlil. But at the end of the day I'm grateful you took time out of your schedule to train me in Valery Noble Valery Noble absence. You've helped me learn more than one thing today which I will certainly remember"

Silas gave Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble a smile of appreciation after that fact and slowly put his hands behind his back in the usual stern manner. He was a great teacher for sure, and he'd have no quarrels if he was paired with him again to do another training session. The former sith seemed to be an even better person too as he playfully tossed little Vera up and down. Her giggles just showed how close they were, deep down he still craved the same family attention he once had in his life.

When he tried to give him extra credit in his role Silas saw the raised brow of Kahlil and knew it wasn't true himself. Parts of it was true, but burning the bread was quite a reach even in his standards. All he wanted was to give him a bit of extra credit considering what he did for him today, and from the looks of things it seemed to work. Valery smirked at them both and thanked them for their efforts, one which was replied with a warm smile and nod of his head in return.

"Hm, you got me there Master" he said with a chuckle of his own back. Although, his face seemed to go expressionless when she asked if he wanted to stay for dinner. It felt so strange for someone to ask him that, especially after all he had been through. Being in a family environment like this was going to be hard to get used to, but he didn't want to say no out of that respect.

"If it doesn't cause you guys any trouble, and trust me those meals at the temple are far better than what I had in the past few years before becoming a jedi" Silas said, flashing a frown slightly as a loud ding came from the oven.

"It appears our bread is ready to be tried and tested!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil chuckled a bit. Yeah, he couldn't pass off credit for the idea this time around. So instead he focused on Vera, rubbing his nose against hers, tickling her, anything he could think of to hear more of the giggles she made. Even as the oven dinged he didn't seem to be willing to put his daughter down, instead turning his gaze to Silas almost expectantly. Then to Valery.

"Have him help. Jedi should always lend a hand, right?"

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Valery Noble Valery Noble

"If it doesn't cause you guys any trouble, and trust me those meals at the temple are far better than what I had in the past few years before becoming a Jedi"

Valery chuckled and turned her eyes to Kahlil and Vera for a moment as they played and messed around, "I'm sure the Temple food is alright, but nothing is better than a proper home-cooked meal. You're also not causing any trouble, so please, stay a bit longer," Valery said with a warm smile that was only interrupted by the ding of the oven.

The bread was ready, and it was smelling good.

"Have him help. Jedi should always lend a hand, right?"

Valery chuckled, "Mhmm, good idea. Let's try the bread first and I'll have him help cook dinner later — gives him a good recipe too." With a bright smile, she made her way over to the oven and carefully removed the bread. The smell alone made her really happy, and it looked amazing as well. The woman then began to cut it up into a few slices and picked some toppings they had, so they could all try it out together.

"So in terms of training, what are you looking to work on next? More lightsaber training or something else?" she asked both of them to get some conversation going while they ate.

"That's... that's very kind of you Master. I haven't had a home cooked meal for a long time, so I'd be more than happy to stay" he smiled shyly, looking to Vera for a few shorts moments to take in her happiness. It was only interrupted by the ding of the oven, a sound that seemed to make his hungry belly rumble.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble seemed to be preoccupied with Vera, so he was more than happy to help Valery Noble Valery Noble out with the bread "You don't have to ask me twice..." he said in an upbeat tone while walking over to the table and watching Master Noble take out the bread. Kahlil's recipe seemed to be one sent from the gods because it smelled like some of the best bread he'd have in a while.

"I'm afraid I'm not an experienced cook master, but I'll be happy to help wherever I can" he said with a helpful smile, as well as a hint of curiosity in his expression to what they were going to have later. Whatever it was, he was confident Valery was going to cook up a storm. When she brought it out and placed it on the table, his eyes marvelled from how good it looked. He simply couldn't wait to try out the fruits of his labour.

Once Master Noble had cut off two pieces from its form Silas lowered down to grab a plate for them to be placed on. Gently, he slid it to the edge of the table where Vera and Kahlil stood and soon picked up a piece of his own to try out. Upon taking a bite, his eyes rolled in delight from how well it had turned out. He'd also have to try and ask for the bread recipe for safe keeping, you never knew when he'd get to bake again.

"In terms of training, I want to something that will give me a safety net when I need it. There's a chance I may not have my lightsaber to fight an opponent at some point, so I want to try and work on some hand to hand combat. The training I was given during my initiate stage was very useful, but I feel I can go step further to solidify my safety"

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Hand to hand is useful in some cases, but it's certainly not something to rely on. Especially if your opponent has a saber themselves still. Disarming techniques might be more useful." Kahlil chimed in, glancing between the two as they talked to each other. For the most part his attention was glued on Vera, but he was listening to the conversation here and there. Enough to chip in when he felt it was needed.

".. But up to you, love. You're his master." He cleared his throat, immediately distracting himself with their daughter again to avoid seeming like he was overstepping his bounds any more than he was.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

After taking just one bite from the freshly baked bread, Valery was already smiling bright, and her happiness was freely flowing through the Force. If the two had been wanting to thank her or just do something nice, they had without a doubt succeeded in it.
"Hmm..." the woman hummed as she looked at them both. "It tastes great, thank you both," she beamed a warm smile and moved to the kitchen counter to grab some of the groceries she bought from the bags.

It would take time before dinner was going to be ready, but she wanted to start prepping a few things already. While she did, she listened to the conversation between Silas and Kahlil for a moment.

".. But up to you, love. You're his master."

Valery just smirked at him to tease, but nodded in agreement, "I can teach you a Jedi martial arts, but he's right. A hand-to-hand situation is something you always want to avoid. A lot of people carry concealed weapons, and if you lose yours in a fight, it typically means you've already lost. Or you're at least forced to retreat or somehow get it back," Valery said as she finished up unpacking.

"But learning hand-to-hand can still be useful because the techniques can also be used in Lightsaber Forms, and a knowledge of martial arts also helps build confidence and calmness in combat. Learn some disarming techniques alongside it, and you're well-prepared." She smiled again and looked at her husband and daughter messing around for a moment.

"I think Kahlil would be a good teacher for that." She was hinting at them training together more a little, but it was for a good reason. Valery was quite an aggressive and fiery fighter. It helped to have more balance for a younger student.

Seeing Valery Noble Valery Noble enjoy their creation brought joy to his face. He loved making people happy, especially those who more than deserved it. He'd do more to make up for what she did for him further down the line, but right now everything was perfect. With a smile breaking through his stern act, he watched Master Noble walk away to grab some more groceries into the kitchen.

Silas turned his head after admitting his interested and slowly nodded in agree to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble stating how it wasn't so reliable. He was correct in saying that, and there was probably a small chance he'd only rarely use it on occasion. Even so, while he was busy refining his new style he wanted to learn something useful yet small on the side. Martial arts was great for that, considering it had a route of also mixing in with the styles he was currently learning.

"I agree Master Kahlil, but you never know when you might need it. I don't see any harm in doing it while I continue to smooth things over on Sorosu, something as small as that could save me one day"

Disarming and building up his safety when he was unarmed wasn't the most important thing to learn as a jedi, but it was another thing he could tick off the list in preparing himself for all situations.

Turning back to Master Noble, a smile formed in the corner of his lips when she offered his services to teach him. She seemed to already know what to teach him from the sounds of things, and even seemed to think it was a decent idea to make him a more well rounded Jedi. Yet, she admitted Master Kahlil was more suitable for him. Silas looked to her husband for a few moments and didn't even seem to think before he answered

"I'd see no problem with it. Master Kahlil is a more than capable teacher, and I have no doubts he would be able to guide me well just like he did today." Silas said respectfully to him, before his gaze rested back on Master Noble. Compared to him, Valery was almost an entirely different attitude. She'd be the one that would give him his true tests in the near future...

"I know I've probably said it a few times, but I just want to thank both of you. During my... "confinement" days I lost the will to be happy, I fell miserable and hopeless. Now that I'm free and beginning a new life, I'm starting to believe that same kid from the farm is still there,"

"I don't know where I'd be right now if you two and the order weren't here..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Unarmed combat with Kahlil as an instructor? He squinted at Valery for a moment, suspicious as all hell. Not that he had long to think about it. Vera was a demanding daughter when it came to getting her play time with her parents. Pouting at the man's distraction from her she reached up to tap his cheek. And all at once his attention was back on her. He chuckled a little, helping to feed the little Noble some of the bread.

It really was good.

But paused as Silas spoke up. He said nothing, instead reaching over to pat the top of the boy's head. Smiled.

"Wherever it'd of been, it's not what it is. You're here, Silas. And you'll always be welcome." His smile brightened for a moment longer, but Vera was pretty quickly jealous and already whining. Even glaring at Silas. Kahlil laughed, turning his attention back to his daughter.

"Alright alright. You want more bread? Silas makes the best bread, doesn't he?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Alright alright. You want more bread? Silas makes the best bread, doesn't he?"

Vera smiled happily and nodded but Valery looked over and smirked, "Not too much..." she said, which caused Vera to turn around with a rather sad expression towards her mother. But Valery quickly stepped closer and booped her little girl's nose, "...or you won't be able to finish your dessert. I got ice cream for tonight."

Valery grinned as she looked between Kahlil and Vera, who was even more excited now, "Can I get chocolate?!" she exclaimed as she looked at her parents, then at Silas.

"Of course, sweetie," she chuckled and finally turned her eyes to Silas, "He's right, you're always welcome here. We're usually only a single message away." Valery then walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder to gently squeeze it, "Why don't we start preparing dinner? I think Vera wants to play with her dad for a little bit."

To say the least he wasn't surprised when they provided support like they always did.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble stepped forward with Vera in his arms and patted him on the head reassuringly, like how a farther would if his kid had done something well. Silas couldn't help but smile from his words and look back to him and little Noble, who didn't like that the attention of her father had been taken away from her. He couldn't blame the girl, she was lucky to have a caring father like him. Just from how she interacted with him spoke volumes of how close they were.

"Thank you Master Kahlil... and I hope you enjoyed the bread as much as we did Vera. I'm sure they'll be more to come in the future if you want some" he said in a more softer voice than he was usually accustomed too.

Silas turned his attention back to Valery Noble Valery Noble who was warning her daughter of eating her food with a full stomach. Wise as always, even though motherly guidance. The thought of ice cream seemed to make his mind go into a craving frenzy, it had truly been a very long time since he had the privilege of having such a thing "Ice cream? I can get behind that" he said with a supportive nod, before letting out a slight chuckle from Vera "She already has a sweet tooth doesn't she? I'll have to remember that" the teen stated, offering Vera a warm smile as he felt a hand go on his shoulder.

The padawan looked into Master Noble's eyes, smiling and appreciative for how welcoming they were to him. It reminded him fondly of his own parents, who went above and beyond to make sure everyone was fine before they even were. In his mind, they would of got along in an instant.

"You're right Master Noble, the food can't cook itself" he smirked, rolling up his sleeves and walking to the edge of the table to have a look at the family all together. People like these were far and few between in the universe. From that alone, he knew his future was going to be in safe hands with these people.

"So, where do we start?

End of thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom