Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Teacher For A Day

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That is the idea. Some can be incredibly aggressive, and if you can't match that you'll just find yourself overpowered. Sometimes it's better to weather the storm until it breaks." Silas Westgard Silas Westgard was surprisingly bright, at least in Kahlil's mind. The boy was still a boy, but had the mind of a tactician, preparing and thinking through everything. Time would tell if that helped or hindered him with Soresu.

Though the question caused him to pause. He tilted his head, thinking.

"Coffee. A really over the top coffee. And an enemy I thought I had to kill but showed me I could be something more than what my family wanted. She helped me escape, gave me a home. Skills to live a life on my terms. It's not a dramatic story or filled with trials and tribulations. We just.. Left."

Silas smiled behind the mask slightly at his confirmation, nodding to himself that technique would certainly come into use sometime in the future. It would most certainly be effective against bigger opponents, and possibly more skilled that were out of his range. Although, maybe if he held on long enough he could lower them down to his level.

When he asked his question he wasn’t expecting him to answer so honestly. A Jedi must have talked sense into him during a confrontation in order to change his mind, or someone who had sense to see the evil riddled in him. Thankfully, since then Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had stuck on the right path. That turn in his life was rewarded with a wife and daughter, probably a thing he’d never get if he was still a sith.

Turning off his lightsaber for now, he places it in his holster and takes off his helmet. Running a hand to ruffle his hair, he looked up to the master “I’m sure you’ll never regret that choice for as long as you live” he said with a slight smile, looking back to the floating droids casually.

“Not that I’m saying the droids are not hard, but I wish to test my skill with a live opponent” he said, motioning his eyes to the lightsaber on Kahlil’s hip “Yet, it is your training master. I do not wish to disrupt or change it in anyway you don’t see fit”

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil tilted his head as he watched Silas Westgard Silas Westgard pull off his helmet. Holster his saber. Taking that as a sign Silas wanted to either stop or do something different. Sure enough, Silas wanted to try it with a live opponent. The Master clicked his tongue somewhat, but nodded after a second. "I don't see a problem with that, though you won't learn too much in terms of stances and such. Djem So, Makashi, Shi-Cho, they're all about drills and learning the proper form. Soresu is more about the feeling. That's what matters, at first. Learn that feeling, then the rest of it will come far more naturally."

Still, like he said, he didn't have a problem with it. He pulled out his saber, shifting the settings down before igniting the blue blade. "We'll test what you've learned to feel for now. Maybe show you a couple drills."

The padawan smiled slightly from his agreement and took a few steps back, gently dropping the helmet to the floor and reigniting his lightsaber to the appropriate settings. Rolling his shoulders calmly he snapped into a stance where he was only holding the saber by one hand, one that allowed him to move more freely and dodge incoming attacks. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was way stronger and skilled in every way, facing him at his full strength would be suicide. Wearing him down and focusing on counter attacks were the best cause of action right now.

"I'm ready when you are Master Kahlil" he said sternly, waiting patiently for whatever the master had planned first.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded once. For a long moment, longer than likely needed, he didn't move. Instead just watched Silas Westgard Silas Westgard with a calm, patient smile. He knew he was the one who needed to strike first, but that anticipation could trick Silas. Could he stay calm knowing an attack was on it's way, but still not there? Then he closed the distance. He didn't hold back on his speed, opting to push Silas to the fullest right away than a slow build up. Swinging his blade down in a single, swift strike. One that'd normally have a lot of power, but Kahlil didn't push it that far.

It was a matter of Silas being able to react in time through listening to the Force, not of he could weather the blow. They'd figure that out later.

Silas stood there, unafraid and unmoving as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble took his time to strike. He had a feeling he was trying to unnerve him with not attacking straight away, so he had to trust in the force to tell him the right time to avoid his strike. His eyes widened slightly when he did, the masters speed surprising him slightly as he moved forward to deliver a downwards strike into his chest. Thankfully, it didn't distract him to much from the force. Putting pressure on his left leg he slid and turned his body to the right to narrowly avoid the the strike, choosing not to counter for now while he stood there with his lightsaber arm outstretched slightly.

Kahlil was sure to strike again sooner rather than later, and all he needed was a lapse of judgement to level the playing field.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil was a master of defense. Attack? Not so much. He was as skilled as any Knight would be, capable of holding his own. And his larger size certainly helped him overpower. But it wasn't how he preferred to fight. He didn't want to be the aggressor. Even now for Silas Westgard Silas Westgard 's training and betterment he couldn't fully commit to everything. He lashed out, quick as the first to try and see if Silas could keep up, but there was no real power, no threat of being overwhelmed.

He'd have to have Valery Noble Valery Noble be the one to really push Silas at some point. But.. This was fine. Silas needed to learn how best to let the Force guide him. Too much thought would slow him down, lessen his reaction time. Leave him to be unable to block or evade a strike he could have if he'd just trusted the Force. That was the strength and the danger to it all. Staying calm, trusting something other than yourself.

Surrendering completely to the flow of the Force.

Silas kept his breathing steady as he stared down Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble in front of him, allowing the force to freely flow throughout his anticipating form. Like what the Master mentioned, his style was more to defend and counter rather than all out attack. In terms, it meant he was out of his element when it came to this. Yet, this was perfect for the young padawan, he couldn't go up against an aggressive duellist right off the bat. That kind of thing will be for Valery Noble Valery Noble to test him on.

Another strike, faster than the first came his way. Leaning his body back the strike skimmed over the top of his chest, touching the fabric of his top which scorched slightly from its touch. Snapping forwards he decided to return fire to Kahlil, his arm swinging forwards to try and send two swift counter strikes towards his chest, looking to try and make use of what he learned so far.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked. Silas Westgard Silas Westgard countered? The Master's blade effortlessly flicked around, sending the strikes away. Powerfully at that, going so far as to try and knock the Padawan's blade from his hands. "Finding the right moment to strike is important with Soresu. You're a passive shield, letting enemies wash over you like a pebble does a stream. Your goal isn't to find a spot to counter, but to outlast until your opponent makes a mistake."

He shifted forward then, renewing his blows. Part of him tapped into his bond with Valery Noble Valery Noble , her experience, her power. He was by no means on her level, but he was faster. Stronger. Far more aggressive to keep Silas from ever having a moment to counter.

Within a blink, Silas watched his lightsaber fall to the floor effortlessly. He had picked the wrong moment to counter and paid the price for it, this time with only a bit of shame. If it was during the heat of battle, he would of surely lost his life to the opponent he was duelling "Understood Master Kahlil, it won't happen again..." he said sternly with a nod, his hand opening to bring the lit lightsaber back into his hand "It's all about resilience, not necessarily timing" he said to himself in his head, slowly going back into the one handed style he was comfortable with.

Taking a deep breath he was ready for Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble strikes which came at him quick and fast. Using his impressive reactions, he weaved in and out of strike after strike, trusting in the force to guide him whole heartedly. This time he dared not to strike and wait for a chance when Kahlil offered him an opening.

Silas knew he needed to push himself further past what he thought to be his limits to truly get the most out of what he was learning. That was his goal, always above and beyond.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah man, Silas Westgard Silas Westgard had to be some kind of genius. The boy was picking this up in a way that put Kahlil to shame. Almost like he'd been fighting for a long time. Wait. The Master blinked, thinking through that. Had the boy been? Was that why he was so serious? Distracted by the line of thought Kahlil's blade slipped. He blinked as his saber went wide, leaving himself wide open.

Silas was doing well to keep up with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble attacks, his body manoeuvring around the strikes of the Master with impressive reactions. He was flowing perfectly with what the force guided to him, almost making it as if he had been doing it longer than he had. The padawan didn't normally pick up things this fast, but the way he was going proved it to be more than a natural style for him. All he needed to do was keep up this energy until a chance arose, an opportunity that soon arrived.

Kahlil's attention seemed misplaced for a few moments as he blinked and unintendedly swung wide, giving the waiting Silas a rare shot to make him pay. Upon seeing the gap he didn't hesitate to strike by falling down to one knee and thrusting his saber forward with a grunt, only stopping inches away from his stomach. The boy breathed heavily and looked up to the former darksider, slowly nodding to him with a light smile.

"It seems like you made a mistake Master," he said light heartedly before withdrawing the saber and standing to his feet. Silas knew the master wasn't going 100% else he would of knocked him to the floor in a heartbeat. Even so, he'd take any small victory over a person way experienced as him and use it as a means to push him further.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil paused, glancing to the saber pointed at his gut. Even with the knowledge that the saber wouldn't hurt either of them more than a sting, Silas Westgard Silas Westgard still held back? He chuckled and nodded. "That I did. Think of it as another lesson. Don't let your mind wander. When the Force is what helps you guide your blade, it demands all your attention." Hence trusting in it. The Master let his saber recede as a softer smile formed on his lips.

"Have you been fighting before you came to the Jedi?"

"Yes Master... I'm sorry I didn't go through with my strike. I... I don't know why I did that." he said with a confused shrug, almost as if his body had automatically stopped him "Trust me, that will be the last time I hesitate, especially if its one of the few chances I get to land something on a master" he smiled jokingly, before snapping back into a more serious expression when he asked about his fighting experience. Silas frowned slightly from past thoughts, but it didn't stop him from answering the question.

"Yes, but never with a lightsaber. Why? is there something wrong Master Kahlil?" he asked curiously to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , suspicious in himself how he managed to pick up a style so quickly.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No no, nothings wrong with it. I was just curious. You're pretty good for your age." Despite the compliment, Kahlil wasn't exactly smiling. Instead a look of worry was all he had. His gaze shifted, turning to the nearby door. He had a couple things he wanted to ask Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , that was for sure. But how to go about it? .. Ah. He smiled after a moment, nodding his head.

"Come with me." And no, he didn't explain. Wouldn't. That air of mystery was something he learned to appreciate as a Jedi. Gave him time to actually think what the mystery was while seeming in the know. Out the classroom, down the hall. To the hangar, surprisingly enough, where The Bastion waited. He'd casually go up the ramp, glancing back to Silas for a moment longer.

"You know how to bake by chance?"

"Thank you... I'm actually quite surprised I learned it that fast myself" he replied, his glare catching sight of the thrown crossing Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble face. Even if the master said it, something clearly seemed off. Silas followed his gaze to the door and looked back with a raised brow when he smiled and nodded "Sure, Master" he replied before slowly following close behind him.

Both of them went out of the classrooms, through the halls and to the hanger, where the Nobles make do home awaited them. It was the first time he'd seen it in the flesh, and it almost seemed like a portable apartment from where he was standing on the ramp. Silas seemed to tilt his head from the masters bizarre question. Baking? what did his training have to do with this?

"I've made some homemade bread a few times with my mother, but other than that I'm quite unknowledgeable of it. Why? it seems like a big change coming from fighting each other to baking some cakes from an oven"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh? Breads not the easiest thing to bake. You remember the recipe by chance?" Kahlil didn't answer the question. This was a far cry from the usual course of training. Cause it wasn't training. Silas Westgard Silas Westgard seemed to be the type to prioritize training over most other things. Then again, Kahlil wasn't too sure. That's why they were here, so the Master could understand the Padawan more.

That, and something else hidden away.

The taller man lead the way to the kitchen, humming softly as he went through to gather up whatever ingredients they'd need. Either for Silas's recipe or his own, depending on if he remembered it.

"I'm afraid not Master, it's been a few years since I've put my baking skills to the test." Silas replied, still curious as to what this had to do with his training. Nonetheless, it would prove to be a good rest from the duel they just did with each other. Following Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble into the kitchen, he nonchalantly began rolling his sleeves up to his elbows and washing his hands from the baking ahead. On his arms, a few noticeable scars would be scattered along his skin. Not from Jedi activity, but from his dark days with the gang. He didn't mind if Kahlil saw them, it was apart of him like everything else now.

"I must admit, this is the first time a Jedi has asked me to bake during my training. If you don't mind master, I'll use your recipe and follow your lead on this one" he said with a slight grin, before drying off his hands and turning back around to face him. It was sure to bring back some happy memories, and send him back to the days of where he didn't have to worry about a single thing...

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm." It was a simple nod and grunt in agreement. They'd use his recipe. Kahlil rolled up his own sleeves. Surprisingly, there were no scars on his arms. Only because they were fairly new. Another parting gift of his fathers, not that he'd gone around to tell anyone. The scars on Silas Westgard Silas Westgard 's arms explained a lot more than he thought though. A childhood of violence, much like himself.

Then, he laughed. A soft chuckle, but a laugh none the less as he handed Silas a bowl. Flour, water, salt, yeast. It was a simple recipe, but he left it to Silas to mix it together. "This isn't training. Valery loves fresh baked bread, I figure we can make her something as thanks for all the training she'd already given you, yeah?" That, and the more relaxed they got the darker something hidden away in the ship got in turn. A crystal, sealed away to keep it's corruption from spreading. But it could still be felt. Would Silas notice? It wasn't as simple as a dark presence. Hate, anger, fear. The crystal itself was crying.

Silas couldn't help but smile from the propositions Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble offered him. The training and care Valery Noble Valery Noble gave him was selfless to say the least, baking bread for her was least he could do to say thanks for her guidance "Well, if that's the case I'll have to knock the rust off and make a masterpiece" he said with a light chuckle as he calmly took the bowl from Kahlil and began mixing the ingredients together "You'll have to give some to baby Vera too, I sense she will be my toughest critic amongst Valery"

For a few minutes everything seemed normal, much of the mixture had already been put in the bowl with the others. Now all he had to do was pour in some yeast. Grabbing the bag, he began to slowly pour in some of its contents. However, a sound that sounded like a low pitched scream stopped him in his tracks. He stopped and looked around calmly for a few moments, wondering where the sound came from. Yet, within seconds he shrugged it off and lowered the yeast down to the table. Then, without hesitation he lowered his hands into the stick contents and began to form a clump from the ingredients

"How are you two holding up? I imagine it must be hard bringing up a child in a middle of a war like this"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom