Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teach Me a Thing or Two (Saeldar)

308px-Dromund_Kaas_sun.png
Dromund Kaas was very similar to Korriban, yet also quite different. While Korriban was a dry, sandy planet with an unforgiving landscapes, Dromund Kaas was rather swampy and humid. Or at least that was as far as Paega could tell by gazing through the window of her transport, which had begun its descent into Kaas City. She closed her eyes as she heard the whirring noise that announced the lowering of landing gears. How or why any civilization had managed to set up a metropolis like Kaas City in middle of this swampy landscape was something she would never understand.

The planet as far as the blonde Sith Apprentice could tell, had the same ancient feel like Korriban. Perhaps it was the presence of the Dark Force-Users over the millenia on the planet that was causing this ancient feeling of the Dark Side on the planet. Paega had finally been given a week's worth of leave from training and missions to just relax and 'self-train' as her mentors wanted her to do. So Paega had decided to take this particular chance to make a visit to the Empire's capital.

The next day, it was early at dawn when she woke up. Paega had been assigned a room and a mattress inside the Dromund Kaas Sith Academy for her stay. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the fifteen year old Sith Apprentice put on a typical dark apprentice robe before walking out of her room. Despite the early time, there were quite a few apprentices already out and about in the academy. Deciding that it would be for the best to go and meditate a bit before starting her day, she made her way, after getting help with the directions that is, to the academy's meditation room.

There happened to be no one in the circular meditation room at the time, so the blonde apprentice found herself a soft cushion and sat down on it in the center of the room then closed her eyes. Meditation didn't come along easily for Paega, so she did her best to do as her mentors had instructed, trying to clear her mind of her thoughts as much as possible. There was then a hiss of the room's door sliding open, announcing an arrival of another apprentice into the meditation room.

It had been mere days since Depravious' return and already Kara was back to her old self, the Sith Lord who had brought her into the Sith having had a significant impact on her turn around. She had become considerably more dignified and composed, opting to return to her white-haired-Umbaran-self, who while self-spoken retained a certain air and manner around her which spoke of an almost regal nature. Gone was the coldness which had often surrounded the young Umbaran, and gone too were the less-than-adequate sets of attire she had subjected herself to. Saeldar was no more, which was for the best really. Instead, Kara Vi'dreya had returned, still a child of the shadows yet one who would still participate in the world of daylight, she had no need to constantly slink around unseen, it was unbefitting of one such as she. To keep up an outward persona while retaining my shadow-life - that was definitely how she intended to be.

Now she was back on Dromund Kaas, under the watchful gaze of her Master, the Emperor himself, and yet for once she did not feel tied down, nor did she have the desire to rush off into the Galaxy once again. The only reason she had to move around was a certain fiery man, but she had given him all he required and set him numerous tasks and training regimes to fulfil. No, Thyrian the Ashborn would be no problem. He neither eats nor sleeps, the perfect bodyguard and shadow-Apprentice, so to speak.

Kara's studies into Alchemy were going well thus far, having been subject to three different tutors. At present the overall emphasis was on Metallurgy, which considering her predicament was perfect, however there was also a wonderful suggestion of Alchemical creatures, not unlike her Apprentice, as well as Daxton's old promise of toxins. This all meant that she had the opportune time to begin practising for the creation of Thyrian's heatproof armour, which she hoped to have made within the next few weeks if all things went to plan.

So now, having ventured through the Academy in search of somewhere to stop and think her plans through, she stumbled upon one of the many Sith Meditation Spheres, and allowed the door to slide open at her approach. Apparently, however, whoever was using it hadn't marked it as in-use, as in truth it shouldn't have opened given that there was a young lady sat in there. This in itself screamed new blood and Kara fully intended to get to the bottom of it. "Hello, Paega" she said, snatching the name from the woman's mind through her enhanced Telepathic abilities.

@[member='Paega Anginous']

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

"Hello, Paega" Paega's eyes widened, not knowing who on this swampy planet could possibly know her. The blonde apprentice stood up quite quickly from her meditation spot, and whirled around with a tight grip on her lightsaber hilt. She found herself facing a young woman in the doorway that she had never seen before. The woman was obviousely a Sith Apprentice like her, yet had white hair. Perhaps she was an Echani, or maybe an Umbaran, she thought.

"Hello there... D-do I know you?" asked the blonde apprentice curiousely, her green eyes intently gazing at the white-haired girl at the door, trying to figure out how she could've possibly known her name. Paega thought for a few seconds, then thought it would be for the best to talk so that it didn't appear as though she wasn't some random intruder in the Sith Academy. "I'm from Korriban, I train and live in the Sith Academy there. I've just come here for several days to do some self-trainiing. Are you a Sith Apprentice too?" she asked politely.

Oh, this one had to learn to close her mouth for sure. She would be useless in an interrogative situation. Stepping ever closer the young girl shook her head, glancing the blonde over with a steady frown. "No" she stated, somewhat bluntly, yet with a certain charm - the word was pulled, stretched ever so slightly, so that it formed into almost a question, and alongside it came the subtle raising of an eyebrow. "You do not know me, nor of me." That much she knew for certain, to the Galaxy the girl that was Kara had been dead for the past four years, and judging from this girl she was newer than even that.

"Where were you before Korriban?" she inquired, curious more so about whether she would reveal this or not as opposed to the answer itself. She did not answer the girl's question on rank, because it was a very subjective thing. To the Sith yes, she was the Apprentice of the Dark Lord himself, the Emperor of the Sith Empire, but to Kara? She was a Master in her own right, she had her own Apprentice whom she trained. "You need to have learnt in order to self train" she said, in an off-handed manner, "And you do not seem to have done so." After all, she was far, far too open... "Who is your Master?"

Paega could tell that this Sith Apprentice wasn't all too friendly. The replies that were made suggested that the young woman infront of her seemed to have something against her. Or at least that's how it sounded everything sounded like. Instead of replying to the questions directed towards her, Paega looked curiousely at the girl, raising an eyebrow. "How exactly is it that you know my name?" she asked.

Before hearing her answers, Paega added said some more things. "I am currently training under Lord Siodmak. Perhaps you should introduce yourself first before expecting me to talk more about myself...." she said cooly, then crossing her arms, awaited to hear the other girl's reply.

This one finally realised she was saying too much, but it was already too late. Instead Kara continued to smile, stepping further into the room. "I know much and more" she simply stated, tilting her head to one side. "Such as Siodmak's birth name. Who he was before he was a Sith Knight..." she trailed off, before shrugging her shoulders, as if it didn't matter. "And there is no use trying to bribe me, now that you have revealed so much." Resisting the urge to tssk the young Apprentice instead stepped to the right of Paega. "But all the same, I am Kara." Never one to reveal her full name, she kept it short and sweet. After all, there was no need to be rude, and offering out her name after taking so much information from this one was hardly anything. There were many Kara's in the Sith...

@Paega Anginous

"Well... hello Kara." said the blonde apprentice.

It was interesting that the girl wasn't even willing to tell her full name. Her eyebrows slightly raised at the other apprentice's remarks. "Bribe you? Why would I do that for?" she asked curiously. It wasn't as if Paega had disclosed any secret information. Only about half a dozen people in the whole galaxy even knew about her name, and there were already many apprentices training under Siodmak. Besides, Siodmak was Paega's temporary mentor. It was interesting that while this 'Kara' person looked younger than her, Paega felt that the other girl had greater authority.

"You already did" she retorted, simply put. When she reached the other end of the room she turned and fully set her icy gaze upon the blonde girl. She was the Apprentice of a former Jedi Knight, and it made her wonder just how aware of this fact she was. Not that it mattered, it was just extra knowledge that Kara had on this particular girl, the kind of information she lacked about Kara. "I was told I'd find you here" she mused aloud, although not once did she mention by whom or why. "Sit down" she instructed with a gesture of her hand she urged her to settle in the centre of the room. It was time that her training was continued. "Close your eyes and focus on your passions, Paega Anginous. If you have none then I will make you, and you will not like that; so you better hope you're Sith material already, if only a small amount." Her tone slowly lost the talkative tone and instead became one of someone who had experience teaching another - yet it was clear she was still an Apprentice, so how had she gotten this authoritative side already? The answer was Ashborn and Heavenshield, but of course Paega did not know about either.

Paega's green eyes looked back at the younger girl's icy gaze. "I was told I'd find you here. Sit down" Paega looked suspiciously at the other apprentice. From what she could tell, this girl infront of her certainly wasn't a Sith Knight yet, not to mention she looked even younger than Paega. Still, she sounded as though she knew what she was doing, and even as if she had greater authority. Paega crossed her arms, and ignored the other apprentice's orders. "...and why should I do what you're telling me to do?" she asked, her hands sliding down to grip her lightsaber hilt uneasily.

"Because, you are going to learn something today. Now do it" - Kara did not like having to say something twice; an Apprentice she might be, yet she had already been partially promoted to Knight - she had chosen, of her own accord - to linger back for a moment, so that she could wait for the opportune time. She had more power in her left hand than this girl did in her whole being. Eyes flaring their sulphuric yellow, a sign of pure darksided corruption, she took a step closer; "I have been told by your Master to teach you, so sit down and do as you are told. I will not tell you again." It took all her self control to resist lashing out at her already - but Kara was far too subtle for that, if she didn't do as she had been bid, with the authority Kara obviously carried, then it would be time to begin the mental games. And they would not be fun.

Paega would've laughed out-loud at the fact that she was being told to do something by a girl younger than her, if it hadn't been for the yellow glaring eyes gazing at her. One could tell a lot from looking at someone's eyes, and this girl's eyes were telling Paega that the other apprentice wasn't joking around. Quite the opposite in fact. "I have been told by your Master to teach you, so sit down and do as you are told. I will not tell you again." Throwing on last glance at the girl and wondering for what seemed like the tenth time who this particular apprentice must be to have such authority and predictably powers that did not match her age, she sat down.

Paega had elected to do what she had been told to do. For the time being, at least. Paega made herself focus on her passions as instructed. The blonde girl closed her eyes, and she drew from her mind her frustrations and anger that had been in her since childhood. "Alright. What do you want me to do now?" she asked, eyes still firmly closed.

"You're not focusing if you're talking" came the sharp yet almost silent response of the fourteen year old, who had set to pacing around the sitting blonde. It was frustrating how long it had taken this one to listen, and had she been anyone else Paega may well have found herself in a considerably amount of pain for her disobedience. Luckily for the girl Kara wasn't feeling very trigger happy. Giving it another few minutes for the girl to fully focus the young Apprentice then began to speak again. "Now, you're going to feel the emotions, fuel them and allow them to grow within you. Do not hold back, Paega, you are not a weak little Jedi now, are you?" Step after silent step she took, not once ceasing as she waited for the girl to carry out her commands. "And then you will expel the build up of Bogan energy you have acquired, into the very air but more so than that into your surroundings. Feel each and every thing in this room, the walls, the door, the ceiling - even the items and the people. Let the Force make a map of it within your minds eye." This was a very simple, core application of the Force, to magnify ones senses to the rate at which they could see without seeing, useful for any Force sensitive to learn, regardless of alignment. After all, neither of them had 360 degree peripheral vision.

Paega found herself gritting her teeth at the other girl's remark. It was true though that it was rather hard to focus and talk at the same time. Although the blonde girl could tell that she was being taught something, she found it rather difficult to give this younger girl the exact same level of respect she held for most of her mentors and instructors.

Paega did as she was told, however. She certainly could make use of the opportunity to learn something useful. After allowing herself a silent few minutes in which Paega genuinely focused, she listened to the younger girl for further instructions. She could feel her emotions boiling inside of her, and a little further concentration allowed her to expel her built up energy into her surroundings as instructed. The room then began to map itself out in her mind, and soon enough, Paega could see. Her eyes were closed, yet she could see and sense the room around her. "Woah..." she remarked softly, her eyes still closed.

The woah was all the indication she needed that Paega had actually done what she requested. Good, it would make things much easier. "Stand up" she commanded, before crossing her arms and staring right at the girl. "Do not open your eyes or you'll be back on the floor repeating the whole process." While she waited for her order to be carried out she slipped her lightsaber down from her sleeve into her hand. With a sigh, because she hated to go easy on someone, she lowered the blade intensity setting in order to not harm the girl should she come into contact with the orange blade. And finally she ignited it. Now the true test of the Force Sense would ensue.

"You are to avoid my blade. I do not want you to bring forth your own weapon, if you even own one yet, I want this to be purely movement based. That way you're not just utilizing a high-guard constantly. You're also not to try and catch the blade, because unless you're trained in Tutaminis you will find yourself without a hand should this be the real thing. Do you understand me?"

Paega gazed around the room, but not with her eyes. The Force allowed her to tell what object was where, and it magnified things a whole lot better than her eyes could. "Stand up" Paega hesitated, then stood up, her eyes still closed. The blonde apprentice immiediately felt tempted to open her eyes when she heard what sounded like the activation of an lightsaber. Hopefuly the girl had turned down the intensity of the blade quite a bit, or else Paega could easily end up slicing herself up before she could learn anything.

Yet the Force acted as her eyes, and Paega found that at least for the time being, she could pinpoint the location of the lightsaber. Paega got herself into a ready stance, after hearing what the girl had to say. "Alright..." she responded, listening to the hum of the lightsaber. Paega was quite tempted to reach for her lightsaber, but she was equally eager to see if this could actually be possible: dodging lightsaber strikes with her eyes closed.

She could sense apprehension within the girl, with internally lost her marks in the younger girl's eyes. Intuition should be trusted, as should instinct, and if she could not learn to trust herself, her own body, her own senses and the Force? Well then she would not get very far. Without warning, the moment Paega was in place, Kara lunged in her Makashi form, expertly gliding forth on the balls of her feet with the blade aimed towards her right shoulder blade as opposed to any vital organs to begin with.

The moment she finished the lunge the young girl slipped back across the ground, keeping her feet in the exact same position - moving the back one before the front one to keep her balance completely even and unwavering. It was never wise to keep yourself in the radius of your opponent lest they immediately respond. It also helped in resisting factors such as parries and lightsaber locks. Throughout the maneuever the young girl watched for any signs of blindness that Paega may have been facing, to see how quick her reaction time is when using the Force Sense and also to make sure she did not try to block or defend in any way other than movement... To do such would be a sign of distrust in oneself, and that in turn a sign of weakness that Kara would be unable to stand for.

Paega kept as calm as possible, and focused so that the Force could tell her any sudden movements. It was only a second after the blonde apprentice stood up and got herself into position that an attack came. Quite unexpectedly, as well. She wasn't sure if she could've reacted any better even if her eyes had been open. She found herself sensing through the Force the rapid strike that came from the girl.

Instinct kicked in, and from the countless times she had practiced in the academy, Paega immiediately dropped herself into a crouch. The blade however, made contact with her skin by a mere inch as she crouched. Thankfully, the blade had been turned down in intensity, so instead of having her shoulder sliced off, Paega was left with a minor but still stinging burn on her shoulder.

Gritting her teeth, she stood back up quickly, and moved backwards a few steps. After letting out a breath, and massaging her shoulder softly, she redirected her focus on the girl. Paega was ready for whatever came next, and was determined to not get hit any more.

There was the wonderful hiss as the girl's skin burnt ever so slightly, emitting a brief yet sickly scent into the air, of singed flesh. The fact that she had tried to dodge, and at the right-ish moment, showed that she had, however, effectively immersed her focus into the Force enough to sense the attack. Spinning the lightsaber in her hand for a moment, the young girl stared at the blonde. "Open your eyes." She asserted, and the moment Paega followed her instructions she added, "Now close them and try again." As soon as her eyes closed the girl lunged, giving her no time to prepare this time, she was trying to make the Sense come as instinctively, as natural, as she could possible muster up.

This time her lunge was aimed at the girl's torso, and while it would not go through should it strike it would definitely leave a stinging burn or bruise upon the soft tissue which resided there. As before Kara slipped gracefully forth and then back to her initial position the moment she completed the lunge, whether the hit struck home or not. Again, should she cheat and try to use something to block or catch the lightsaber there would be dire consequences.

The stinging mark of the lightsaber on her shoulder did not at all make Paega very happy. It stung more than she had thought it would, but she knew she had to ignore the pain until this was over. The pain and the frustration did however, allow her to concentrate even further. The blonde opened her eyes as instructed to do so, and looked at the girl, throwing a quick glance at the blade before closing her eyes again.

The next strike came even quicker than the last one. The Force immiediately picked up the incoming attack, and at that moment, Paega had one single thought: she wasn't going to let this younger girl leave another mark on her body. She lept away in the nick of time, barely dodging the slice.

Her annoyance brought a smile to Kara's lips, causing her to once again lunge forwards, all the while goading the older girl on with sweet silver-tongued words. "Give into it, Paega..." she whispered as she swept forth, aiming a shiak directly into the girl's torso, following after her movements with precise footwork. "Draw upon your emotions and the pain..." Her sickly orange blade moved in a direct lunge, as opposed to any form of slice, her technique far surpassing her age. "Stop holding back, release yourself and gain control of a higher state of being." It was such a sweet sensation, to watch as someone began to truly immerse themselves in the Bogan; she did not relent, and even if the attack misses for once she pressed it instead of stepping back, not giving the girl chance for respite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom