Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea Time With Politics

Now, sometimes people wanted to kill you when your last name was Sin, others wanted to arrest you, and some wanted to get to know you. There was those who didnt care too, who had not heard the name, the idiotic act of the solo attack on Coruscant, though he assumed most had heard it. When word reached to him that a woman named Lady Kay was in the business of fighting the Hut Cartel, and politics, Romeo Sin's interest was peaked to their fullest.​
After a little bit of digging, and some swaying of people to past on a message, Romeo finally got a hold of the lady, or so he thought. He was unsure of what this woman looked liked, so it could of have been a decoy, or a trap. Probably a trap.​
This didnt stop Romeo, though, from making his way to her all the way from Hoth to have some tea with her, it, the one that could be her? He shrugged. He came alone, and in a single freighter. Only weapon he brought was his two lightsabers, and nothing more. Commenor was, and he thought this strongly, not his shtick. The place was, uninteresting to him, his only hope of amusement was the [member="Lady Kay"], if she would be so kind as to present him with some form of it.​
Most women did, at least.​
Being searched at the front desk, door thing, Romeo was impatient. His weapons were out in the open, and he didnt need those to defeat these people. So he thought. All he needed was a simple click of his tongue, and they would all be burning alive, but that would be in bad taste.​
Romeo knew many people in the world of negotiations, and political debates. He knew Feanna Mason after all. He had to see her soon, it had been far too long since the woman commanded him like a dog to be still. She had that affect on him. Maybe this woman would have some strange affect on him as well. He hoped so.​
Truly what Romeo was here for, was to learn. Learn to speak the language of politics, and maybe try to get invited to the Senate Hall, and watch them do battle with their words. He admired a person who could move nations with just mere word. That was power, though not greater than the force.​
After the search was done, and his weapons almost confiscated from him, mind tricks were awesome like that, he sat awaiting to be called upon by this Lady Kay. He sat in a chair, that wasnt pretty at all, in a leather jacket that fit his body finely and was all black. His pants were the same, minus the leather. His hair, now more white than black, was tuned in a fashion statement that screamed, "I dont care.".​

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Well this wasn't normal. First off it wasn't normal that Kay was on Commenor for an extended period of time. And secondly, it wasn't normal that someone from Hoth had arrived to gain an audience like she was some ruler of the planet. No, she was just a Senator, someone that represented the planet in the Senate and saw to it's best interests. Her extended visit to the planet was due to the trade deals with various companies that had been recently made. So that meant a lot of paperwork, and as she had no assistants, she had to do it on her own. But that was okay, as she preferred it that way.

Not wanting to leave her guest waiting for too long, Kay got to her feet and straightened out her dress. It was nothing special, just upper class merchant attire. It was comfortable yet not in bad taste should someone of higher status arrive. It hadn't happened yet, but you never know.

She opened the door and upon seeing the man and his lightsabers, instantly focused on reducing her Force signature to the size of a walnut. It took a few seconds, but she did it out of precaution. She didn't even think of doing it before approaching the door, but oh well.

Kay smiled as she stepped aside of the door and gestured for [member="Romeo Sin"] to step inside, "Welcome to Commenor. I am Senator Kay. Won't you please step into my office?"

Romeo, who had not even thought of searching for a presence in the force, hadn't noticed anything odd till the lady's door was open, and something shrunk three times in the force. Romeo didn't make any notion of it physically, instead, he made his own presence more known. What most didn't know was that Romeo didn't hide his own connection, he didn't hide who he was, not anymore. He was not ashamed of what he held inside. It was his, and his alone.​
His eyes, began to venture around the lady's attire, and figure. Shaking is head slightly as he realized that the woman, was indeed, beautiful like many Senators he had met before her.​
"Thank you for having me, m'lady." He did a full bow, and slowly walked towards her, offering his hand to her.​
"Excuse the short notice of my sudden want of meeting with you. My curiosity...got the better of me"​
The day had just got very interesting for Romeo, oh yes, this woman was indeed more than just a sexual appeal to the eyes. He could feel it, she commanded respect like it was her nature, no it was her nature.​
He smiled, smirked more like it as he stopped before her with his hand extended to her.​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to him after his full bow and then took his hand when he offered it, giving it a firm shake. She had to appear strong and confident like all the rest, most especially with strangers. He was a bit of an odd one, but that was okay as she wasn't exactly normal herself. "Well you are lucky to have arrived at such a time that I was here. I am often away from Commenor."

She closed the door after [member="Romeo Sin"] stepped inside and then moved over to the side bar to pour herself some Sapir tea. "Can I get you anything, sir? Some tea? Water? One of our own Brandy's?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Now, this lady, Romeo presumed, had much to hide. It was in her eyes, the tirelessly working nights, days, and mornings with no sleep. He knew what that was like. When he was offered a beverage, he clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth.
"My, my, just met me, and already trying to win my heart senator? What would you say to mixing the tea with the Brandy? Sounds like a daring, and relaxing mixture at the same time!" He sat down, thinking back on the firm grip she had. He looked at his hand, then back at the woman. Romeo crossed his left leg over his right, and leaned back as if at home. It was funny how relaxed he could get himself in a place he had never been before.​
"My apologizes for keeping you from you duties m'lady. I heard stories, wonderful tales of a woman who had the best silver tongue on this side of the galaxy. My curiosity was peaked, and now being slowly satisfied." Thinking back on those words a split second after they spilled from his mouth, he couldnt help but smirk. That was a weird thing to say to a stranger.​
"I thought, if you would oblige me, I could learn a thing or two from such a wonderful woman."​

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked with her back towards him as she poured out his drink while he jested about her trying to win his heart. If anything she was just trying to be a good host, but [member="Romeo Sin"] probably already knew that.

Once the drink was properly stirred, she handed it to him and then sat herself down at her small desk with her own cup of tea. Her office wasn't anything special, no holopictures of loved ones or anything of the sort. It was sparsely decorated for she didn't spend much time there and hardly ever had any meetings within it.

Kay sipped her tea and then raised a brow slightly as he mentioned tales of a silver tongued woman. She never thought of herself in that way at all and knew that there were more that were more highly skilled at it than she was. But regardless, she made no effort to correct him.

"No apologies necessary, sir. And you I see so far, are gifted in the art of flattery. And mystery as I have yet to learn your name..." She was used to strangers introducing themselves straight away.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Romeo nodded in a curtsy way as he was handed the drink. Taking a small tip, he felt the rush of warmth go through his body. It was indeed a great mixture. Taking one more sip, he observed his surroundings, and smiled. Simple. He liked it. The meeting went on, his flattery had either worked, and he was making good impressions, or this woman was indeed just playing along. He appreciated it either way. When his name was asked for, he locked eyes with her with his devil smile beaming.​
"Romeo Sin, master of the force. My apologizes for not giving you name straight forward. Yes, your beauty made me forget such things. How rude of me." He sipped his tea once more.​
"Though," He looked at her once more.​
"Tell me, how would you feel towards me if you knew I was a master of the darkside? Would I pose a threat in some way to you? If I told you, I was once a king, and died, would you believe me?" He switched legs, and sipped his tea again, his tone going from the happy go lucky to a much seriously soft, and cold pitch.​

Kay-Larr

She was right to keep her Force signature down if he was indeed a Master as he had claimed himself to be. But then maybe he was strong enough to detect it anyways? Kay studied him and his movements, listening to him as he tried to butter her up with more flattery and then asked his questions.

She sipped her tea and leaned back in her chair, showing that she was quite comfortable and quite in control of herself while in her office. "Only you would know how much of a threat you wished to pose. I know many Darksiders, [member="Romeo Sin"] , and was married to one for a time before his death. So as to if I would think differently of you, the answer is no, as you are still a mystery to me. Where is it that you have come from?"

His smile returned back to something more of gentle, and happy go lucky as he watched her movements. Her words struck home, and Romeo sunk into his chair, holding his chest.​
"M'lady, you take my breath!"​
He chuckled and sat upright once more, sipping the tea with Brandy. He had not had such a great company before him since...well probably Alex. He moved his free hand through his hair, sweeping it back, only to have it fall back into his face.​
The questions, and statements had to be answered carefully.​
"It all depends on what you would have me senator that depicts whether I am a threat, or a ally. I hope you would see me as an ally." He winked at her.​
"For where I am from...depends, I was born on Drommud Kaas, during the reign of the Sith Empire, if you're asking where my home is....well...I am still deciding that. I have plans to move closer to the core worlds as we speak. Family matters, and all that jazz."​
He flicked his head to the side, removing some hair that was in the way of his left eye.​
"May I ask whom you were married too...and how he died?"​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

She smiled a little at his theatrics and sipped her tea, watching as he played with his hair again. That seemed to be a habit if his, just as sipping tea was hers. Kay listened as he spoke further, describing becoming an ally, and then to where he was from and where he was going.

Just as she was about to inquire further, he asked about her late husband and how he died. Others had inquired on the subject recently and though it's been nearly six years since he had died, the pain was still there.

"His name was Shaw-Ku. He was a great man and was murdered right in front of me by a Sith Lord that we only knew by the name of Masquerader. He was an expert on illusions and Sith sorcery, as well as a sadist. When we disobeyed too much, he sought to kill me and beat the both of us pretty badly to the point where we were both near the end of our lives. Then Shaw made a deal with him, to sacrifice his life for mine, in order to have him to swear to leave me alone." Kay swallowed and her eyes grew distant as she drew from the memory. "I was forced to watch as Shaw was impaled by Masq's lightsaber and sliced in half from navel to nose....He came for me then, snarled some strange language in my ear and then left....I haven't seen him since..."

She blinked a few times and sipped her tea as she came back to the present. "Shaw was an honourable man....I just hoped that he is proud of what I have done so far with the time that he has given me."

[member="Romeo Sin"]

The woman spoke with obvious pain behind her words, Romeo felt it like a burning sensation. They hit the heart, and soul, making Romeo put down his tea to listen carefully to each word. His eyes watching hers, feelings for something more behind the words then she may have let out.​
When she was finished, Romeo cleared his throat, and leaned forward.​
"My apologizes, I should not have opened old wounds. I am sure he is proud of the woman before me. I know I would be."​
He leaned back once more, and picked the tea up for a sip, the liquid changing his mood to something more detailed.​
"Im sure many of asked details on it, but I shall leave it alone for now. You seemed to wanted to ask more questions. I will answer to the best of my abilities." Sadly Romeo knew that he would lie about certain things, like his family, and certain achievements he had gained. The extent of his power, and his goals, though, he wouldn't lie about.​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Actually, none had asked for any details. Though she hadn't exactly shown a willingness to give them either and wasn't sure if she would even do so if she was asked. Why would anyone want details on such a thing anyways?

Kay kept her cup cradled in her hands, tracing one of her thumbs along the side of it in a circle. "You spoke earlier of wanting to learn from me. Are you looking to start a career in politics? I know of a Sith politician that has quite the silver tongue. That's the nickname that I've given him. And he has a gift for theatrics and illusions." Not to mention that the man attempted to use those skills one night to woo her into spending the night with him. But her unwillingness to be used in such a way, and her loyalty to her late husband helped her to outright refuse him. And it seemed as though he wasn't used to being denied. But, he was still gifted when it came to commanding an audience and winning them over in a Senate Hall.

[member="Romeo Sin"]

[member="Lady Kay"]

His tea was all gone, but he still acted like he was sipping on it, mostly to see what would happen. Romeo's made a funny face when she said Sith, and stood up to stretch his legs. Hoe did one simply say, 'Sorry, but Sith want to keep me six feet under?' Romeo ran his hand through his hair again, he did have to go to back to Coruscant soon.​
"Mrs. Kay," He said Mrs, to honor her later husband, clearly her love for him still burned, "I must gently decline anything the Sith have to teach. I came to learn the art of the politician, not the force." He turned and winked at her.​
"See...I have been dead for quite some time, only recently finding my way back to the living. The Sith are...hazardous to my health." He picked up his cup, and walked over to the tea, refilling his drink. Romeo's thoughts moved quickly around his mind, unable to keep them at peace.​
"A humble monster asks a honorable beauty to dinner, what does she say?" She smiled at her after his cup was filled.​

Kay-Larr

Mrs. Kay. She hadn't been called that in a long time. It felt....strange, yet comforting as well. She smiled a little. "Well I most certainly will teach you what I can."

[member="Romeo Sin"] was done his tea already? Why she was only halfway through her own cup. But then again she tended to savour it more and didn't mind the taste when it had cooled down to room temperature. The tea in itself was always comforting, like a warm hug, and she thoroughly enjoyed every cup.

She raised a brow slightly at his mention of being dead. But then again, that was how she felt after her husband died. It took five years for that to pass and for her to start living again, to serve others. Kay blinked at the dinner request. That came a bit unexpected, yet that was part of her job, wasn't it? "I don't know about any monsters or beauties, but a rebellious Senator would accept and be honoured for a dinner with a new ally and friend." She bowed her head to him.

Romeo smiled gently at her, and sat back down on his seat, sipping his tea with content.
"I promise I am a quick learner Mrs. Kay. I have been..in such a position of leadership before, though it was a monarchy, and not a senator..ship?"​
He leaned his head to the side, and pondered more on the story of her husband's death, and this Sith. When he thought it about, he turned back to what he knew about the darkside of the force, mainly what his own father had taught him. Within the Ember of Vahl, they had their own rituals, and words that...later on in life...caused nasty things to happen to a person.​
"Anyways, it shall be my treat! Is there a place in particular you have in mind, orrr?"​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

"Well as a Senator we aren't quite the leaders, so much as just represent them in the Galactic Senate. We just try to make sure that our worlds are treated fairly. But we can get into that later."

Kay sipped her tea and studied him as he pondered on his thoughts. And then his question of dinner took her out of her study. "There is a kitchen in this building actually. I find that some of the best conversations take place among friends in the kitchen. I can cook quite a few things. Do you like Bantha steaks?" Most of her salary was used on her missions and as he was the guest on her world, it would be better if she were to treat him. She didn't want to risk anything going onto the holo-news about her having a guest pay for her meals.

[member="Romeo Sin"]

"Yes, as king, I saw to it that my people came first always. I had to move them, though, the threat Primevil was to great, and my power to small to protect them their."​
The Vahla was still chewing on those details of the story. Romeo had been, at one point, a man of details. This was, in fact, his greatest strength to take in all details. Though he was removed from his thoughts about a kitchen here, and being cooked for he shook his head.
"M'lady, my taste buds are not picky. I take my meats rare." He sipped his tea, savoring the taste. He was a caf kinda guy, though, always his mornings started with a cup of caf, and exercise.​
"Does it bother you that I have my weapons up front?" He poked around in the force, looking for a sign of some sorts.​
"You gave but the slightest interest when you fist saw them." He gave his tea a little swirl.​
"M'lady...do you fear lightsabers? Or do you have a secret?" He smiled as he watched the tea swirl in the cup.​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as he spoke of moving his people. She had done that plenty of times when it came to slaves and villages that the Jackals frequently raided to kidnap people. Oh yes, she was used to moving people to safety.

She finished her tea and set her cup down on her desk. "Rare, you say? I can manage that. I prefer mine a bit more cooked."

As she was about to get up he spoke of his lightsabers and of her having a possible secret. Kay had paused, her breath held and her hands on the armrests of her chair. She was in fact a horrible liar, to which she was reminding herself as she just remained there frozen for a moment or two. What should she tell him? The truth obviously, but how? "...I don't fear them, but others might...And...well...everyone has secrets, don't they? I just can't afford to have mine spread around. One thing about being in public service is that your life is not your own."

She stood then and gathered her cup, putting it to the side bar before passing by him to the door. "Shall we?" Kay gave him a small smile doing her best not to worry herself.

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Romeo rethought his words, and chewed on her's, pondering on whether or not he should dig deeper on said subject.​
He chuckled to himself.​
"The more you cook the meat, the more of the protients you're cooking out of it. That, and it tastes soooo much better." He stood up with her, sipping the last bit of tea he had, and decided it was okay to dig a little deeper.​
"But you know, your secrets will always be safe with me, m'lady. I may have a big mouth, but nonsense is all that comes out." He winked at her, placed his own cup on the bar, and walked towards her.​
"Yes we shall."​
He offered his arm.​
"Let's play a little game Mrs. Kay. I'll tell you a secret, and you'll tell me a secret of equal value? How does this sound?"​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

To each their own tastes. That's what she thought when [member="Romeo Sin"] spoke about cooking meat. She smirked a little as he spoke of only nonsense coming out of his mouth. And here she thought that he was always going to be truthful. But of course she knew what he meant.

Kay took his arm and began their walk to the kitchens. It was two floors down from her office, but she decided against using the lift. Instead she just took to the stairs.

In response to his question, she hesitated before replying, "And who is to judge on whether or not the secrets are of equal value?" She glanced around taking note of the security cameras and being sure to have him notice them too. "There's a time and place for such things. And this isn't one of them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom