Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Task Force 9: Ghosts of Concordia

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Oh, those weren't Jedi, no more than I am. Those were...well, my father visited a number of Force traditions in his time. Fallanassi, Keetael, Wardens of the Sky, Duinuogwuin. Me, I've visited the Zeison Sha and the Aing-Tii Monks with my sister. My family knows far, far too much about obscure Force traditions.

"I'm willing to bet good money that those spectres -- and whoever built this weapon -- were Jensaarai."

Ashara Zavros

A
"Jensaarai?" she asked, her voice echoing in the metal tunnel they stood in. How could the Force users be taken by surprise so easily and killed? "No...I think we are missing something...What if-" her voice was cut off as the sound of drills working became the dominant sound once again. That was what she got for not using the com! The sound of the drills and mining equipment reminded her why they were here though. Letting her weapon rest in their holsters and continued with the group, moving forward. As they continued on, for a while there was no more droids. There were however many signs of battle and struggle. Maybe a rust covered blaster there, or a skeleton in some sort of military uniform here. That was the thing that bothered her most, when they did pass a skeleton she couldn't recognize the uniform. It was obviously military but...

Eeth Kolar

E
As the group continued forward signs of battle and struggle became more and more evident. All around as they passed rooms and sleeping quarters the signs were there. Blaster scorches on the wall, a durasteel plate stripped halfway off the wall as if some great force peeled it like a fruit. The pulse of energy swept past them again as they passed a small group of what seem to be sleeping quarters. Suddenly all around them there were young men and women. They all wore the same uniform, somewhat of a mix between Republic and Imperial dress and all of them carried lightsabers. Behind one of the closed doors pleasurable moaning could be heard. It may have been awkward at the time for those that lived around as the apparitions all seemed to look at the door; some with a smile or chuckle and others with distaste.

A second pulse went by and the scene became very different. The now broken alarm became active, obviously a part of the phenomenon as the current alarm was broken. Many of the mysterious people quickly got out of their beds and suited up, their armor in their footlockers. A ghostly explosion could be heard from every room that a footlocker was opened. Some of the people were still in bed, killed as their roommates opened their to get their gear in order to defend from the mysterious attack. Whatever had happened here, was no accident. Premeditated and deadly the assault on this base seemed to come from within. The couple from the "night" before opened their door with shocked and mortified faces. The door closed and then opened again. They were not in their armor, but in their uniforms, their lightsabers strapped to their belts and bouncing as they ran towards what should be assumed the command room.

Kad kept his head on a swivel as they searched quarters. His senses were at their peak and his eyes were alert. None of these things could prepare him for the pulse of energy revertebrate through the rooms. he instinctively covered his eyes with his hand. when he brought his hand back down he recoiled at the sight of people. "Haar'chak!", the bewildered feline exclaimed. "What in haran is this place?"

RC and his Raiders were the last on the scene. The Droppods crashed violently into the soil and kicked up plumes of dust. RC kicked hard splitting the door from its deal and rolled out of the craft. Around him there was nothing. From within the Mandalorian could hear scuffles and shouts. Blaster fire ensued and RC knew that his Vod were in trouble.

Without hesisitation RC waved his Raiders on. They sprinnted towards the ntrance and into the building recklessly. RC drew his Assault rifle, with the bayonet gleaming in the dim light. They continued to run at breakneck pace until Rc could see the outline of a familiar armor shape up ahead. He raised his fist signalling the Raiders to halt and approached, rifle at chest level pointing down the hall.
"Suc'uy ner vod!" He waited before advancing. He wanted to be sure they were indeed his own and not some form of deception.

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
"Su cuy'gar!" Alliera called, looking over at RC "We've got ghosts here, so tell your guys to be wary." With that, Alliera started moving down the Hall after the rooms were searched, her A-15 ready to snap up and fire at a second's notice. when they approached a corner, Alliera backed up against the wall next to the courner, and peaked around to see it it was clear. "It's clear." Alliera said, working her way down the new hall cautiously.

"Roger that." RC called back. RC and his Raiders shadowed Allira, sweeping their sectors of fire and keeping the whole hallway under surveillance. As they neared the next intersection RC cutt in front of the Mandalorian woman with First Mate Silas in tow. He motioned in opposite directions with both hands and the Raiders quickly spread out, each taking a coner at the the end of the corridor. RC went first, sweeping the middle and the other two came on line behind him. The three cleared the intersection and motioned back to Alliera.
RC keyed his helmet comm to the teams frequency.
"What the frak you mean ghosts? I thought that was some superstitions mother made up to scare their children?"

"Suc'cuy gar ner vod. And these ghosts are quite real. I'm your commanding officer for this op. Got it?"

Verz rounded the corner, sweeping the hall. Inactive droids littered the hallway. His HUD highlighted any potential combatants, identifying any known foe. For now, there seemed to be no hostiles. He clicked off the light, letting his HUDs night vision mode show his surroundings.

"Looks like a factory of some kind sir." RC said soflty.

Meanwhile the warrior kept his head on the swivel attempting to identify traps and other trigger devices that could activate the lifless droids. They looked like guard units heavily armed.

RC moved in crouch farther into the room towards a control pannel at the opposite end. Suddenly his seasoned eye picked out a tripwire, inches away from his foot. RC raised a fist signalling a halt to his companions.

"Place is trapped Sir. Your move."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom