Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talks of Tomorrow

Recent history had seen an excessively large sum of changes occur within the Galaxy. The Sith Empire had fallen, the "Galactic Empire" had bent the knee to the Fringe Confederation...and now said Confederation desired to have a sit down with the nation they had betrayed during their initial offensive against Atrisia. The report of what had transpired was shocking, to say the very least, and it signaled the swift and abrupt end to one of the few alliances that the Confederacy of Independent Systems had. On top of that, the Fringe Confederation had intervened during the CIS' counter-offensive at Barab I; and for the first time in Galactic history, the two nations came to blows. Following this event, there had not been any communication between the two, until now.

A single, coded transmission arrived from Annaj, detailing the Confederation's desire to have a sit down meeting with the leadership of the Confederacy. This came as an immense surprise, given all that had transpired; but nonetheless this sit down was permitted and a date was set. When that hour of reckoning came, the delegation from the Fringe Confederation would find themselves welcome on the world of Adarlon, where one of the largest Sanctuaries in CIS space had been set up. It was here in this haven of healing that the leadership of the CIS would sit down, in a conference room set aside for the meeting, and discuss the future of the two nations. First to arrive in the quiet room, characterized by a table and an ample sum of seats, was Colonel Isley Verd.

While his office was that of leading the special forces of the Confederacy, he had been personally appointed as the Archon's second-in-command during the day of her youngest child's birth. As such, his presence here in the meeting was that of an advisor to the Executive Council. The Mandalorian was well aware of the shape of the Galaxy and how things were expected to play out. Due to this, he was skeptical of how things would go, but was more than open to what the Fringe had to say. Confident strides bore the beskar-clad warrior to one of the seats and he folded his hands upon the table, awaiting the arrival of the others.

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Serock Hoath"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Ashin Varanin"], @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"].

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Times had changed in the Fringe. The High Council, democratically elected by the entire Fringe Confederation with assistance from Jedi election monitors, now ruled -- and Ashin Varanin did not have a seat on the High Council.

Rave Merrill did. Her accomplishments at Elrood and other key engagements had directly saved many, many lives. She'd won the election on the same night she defeated Circe Savan in a formal kaggath and claimed fifty thousand metres of warfleet.

She was also, it should be noted, not involved with the decisions which had jeopardized the long and mutually beneficial relationship between Fringe and CIS. With the election in the recent past, these were mistakes she meant to rectify.

The girl with purple, ageless eyes -- she had the memories, the life, the dubious wisdom of her middle-aged clone donor -- sat down near the beskar-clad Templar without selfconsciousness. "Thank you for the invitation," she said. "I'm Rave."

The Mandalorian raised an eyebrow in response to the first arrival, for it was someone who he "knew" but did not know at the same time. She was the one who had guided both he and @Darth Kyros through an introduction to biologically-based, Sith Alchemy. However, he did not think that now was the time nor place to bring up such extra-curricular activities; nor even acknowledge that they had occurred. As such, saving face, Isley turned in his seat and extended his right hand to the woman, regarding her with a respectful nod.

"You are most welcome ma'am," he said, "I am Colonel Isley Verd. Welcome to Adarlon."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Feena Mason"]

Rave inclined her head, looking around. "I was told I'd be meeting with Archon Mason - that this discussion was taking place at the most official levels. Is she on her way, then?"

A step behind Rave was the form of Sargon, the Fringe's resident Zabrak. He enjoyed letting Rave take the front for a bit in these things as despite her age she had quite the mind about her, of course he also heard she once had a thing with Circe so who knows. Standing in silence he awaited the full delegation from the CIS, hopefully they could handle their issues and move on to a better place.

((sorry you know the drill invasions are killing me on business))

"Archon Mason, in addition to Executive Viceroy Walsh and Grand Marshal Hoath, will be arriving shortly. I was simply nearby and arrived earlier than anticipated. Nonetheless, it is a pleasure to meet the both of you." he said, regarding the newest arrival into the room with a nod.

The purpose of this meeting with the Fringe intrigued Sophia. She had no idea what they would be doing here unless they were going to talk peace. The thought of that as well was interesting in of itself however she wasn't exactly sure those were the right words. Honestly she hoped that this was about peace and that they could come to some sort of agreement. The last thing she wanted was for war but sometimes it came to that. She hoped that in this case it didn't.

As she entered the room she found that some of their guests had already arrived. Taking her seat she nodded and smiled at the guests. She had meant to be here sooner before they arrived but it seemed that was not to be. "Welcome to Adarlon. I'm Executive Viceroy Sophia Walsh. It's a pleasure to meet both of you."

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Rave Merrill"]

The Eternal Queen
When Feena arrived, it was later than she had hoped. Still on time, of course. She was all about punctuality, but she did perfer to be early if she could help it. And when she did walk in, she grew pale. Two had arrived before her. Two. She was losing her touch.

"- And I," she said, stopping in the door way for a moment (dramatic effect, really. She was starting to adapt her husbands habits) "I am Archon Mason. At your service."

She crossed the room, dipped into a low bow.

"I am sure the others sufficiently welcomed you already, but allow me to do the same."

She hadn't quite gotten a good look at their guests until now. She straightened up after a moment, smiling. One was a Zabrak. Oh, she did so adore Zabrak. They were all so interesting. Two hearts and all!

@Darth Metus @Sargon Vynea @Rave Merrill

@[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Feena Mason"]

Rave's smile reached her purple eyes. "Thank you, Viceroy. My pleasure."

She rose from her seat in respect as the Archon entered the room, and inclined her head. "Archon, High Councilor Rave Merrill, and this is High Councilor @[member="Sargon Vynea"]. It's a pleasure to meet you. Our leadership, as you can tell, has undergone a fundamanetal transformation, as has yours. Those who made regrettable decisions over Atrisia are no longer the decision-makers. It's a new age, but I should like it to be an older one, older than Atrisia. The Fringe Confederation and the Confederacy of Independent Systems were allies for a long time, even co-signatories of the Treaty of Ithor. Archon, though this new administration has not had time to earn your trust, and so I cannot presume reciprocation, the Fringe Confederation would like to offer an unabashed apology for the actions of Spencer Jacobs and Ashin Varanin at Atrisia, and pledge our friendship again."

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Word had come to him that a delegation of the Fringe Confederation had decided to pay them a visit. Probably something to do with the nasty act of betrayal that they committed during the invasion of Atrisia. If it had been up to Serock they would have sent the heads of the delegates back to the Fringe, might give them something to think about. Sadly the decision was not only his to make and it had seemed to be a waste of effort to bring it up; most of the council members were more inclined for peace or some rubbish like that. Peace was only achieved by destroying your enemies completely, then again his rule had been shaky at best even when doing what he did best. So might be there was some wisdom in listening to what they had to say, not that Serock had to like it.

As he stepped into the chamber he took a swig of his flask, seemingly they had already started without him. Not that the Rock really minded, such conferences were not made for him. Give him a rock, a club and maybe some fire; The Caveman would show them why that was his nickname. "Ladies.. Gentlemen. Forgive me for my.. late intrusion, I had troubles finding my flask of this peculiar new drink: Vaapad Lessons.. anyone want a swig?"

Without awaiting replies he sat down somewhere at the head of a table, he hoped there was a table, it would have been very embarrassing if the Grand Marshal decided to sit on the floor in a drunken stupor. "Right, I am the Grand Marshal of the CIS Armies. The last one decided to crash Lucrehulks into a planet and then started calling himself the Grand Marshmallow."

@[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] aaaaand @[member="Jared Ovmar"]

@[member="Feena Mason"]

With a bow of his head the Zabrak greeted the Archon of the Templars and at the moment from his understanding the leading influence inside the Confederacy. "Greetings, Archon, I'm pleased to met you, and I come with apologies as well as the decision to call in Confederacy aid was mine. I'm uncertain exactly what happened above the skies of Atrisia, but I am hoping we can put it all behind us and find a new common ground for peace. Our recent battle with the Republic, and our skirmishes with the Protectorate has put the Fringe blood to stirring there is no doubt, but it has also created a reputation undeserved among old friends. The Fringe Confederacy is much like your own, and despite it's current reputation seeks nothing but peace. The Protectorate and Republic both invaded Fringe space, and both lost, yet you do not see our warships scouring their worlds. For peace to foster a chance must be given for it to grow, and the lives of our Legions are not so cheap I would throw them away on distant worlds. As such I hope to renew our old pledges of trade and non-aggression treaties, if that's possible?"

The Eternal Queen
Feena tried not to give Serock a dirty look at his entrance. She tried. Failed. So... unprofessional. Thankfully, she did not have to dwell on it long. The rather pleasant Zabrak spoke to her, bowing his head. She listened, carefully, glancing about at her colleagues.

"Thank you for your wise words," she replied after a moment, "I will be more than happy to hear you out and am quite pleased that you have approached us about this matter. However, this is not something that I alone have the power to decide. May I ask that we all sit and make ourselves comfortable while we discuss? I shall have refreshments brought in."

Nobody could say that Feena Mason was a bad host.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

With a smile the Zabrak accepted the drink before taking a seat, "Very kind thank you, I was afraid this would go much worse then it has so far. I understand this decision cannot be made though by just one person, our own Confederacy is lead by a High Council with an advising council from all territories and worlds under us, much like your own Viceroys I believe. We both have actually many similarities, laws against slavery, and rights for clones as well. I've been intrigued by your nation's constant desire to further the rights of all sentient life in the galaxy, it is a noble goal."
@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian remained silent whilst the talks commenced for, even though he was of high rank, he was not a member of the Executive Council. His role there was advisory at best. However, given the current status of things, he did not see the downfall of returning to a neutral stance with the Fringe Confederation. However, before voicing his opinion, the "refreshment droid" entered the room, pushing a cart loaded with a wide variety of sweets and beverages. Mrs. Mason was the definition of a gracious host, whether it was a Gala or a diplomatic meeting. First, he regarded the automaton with two words: "The usual." and was provided with a glass with cubes of ice. Into this was poured a small sum of Corellian Whiskey, enough to savor but far from being enough to inebriate.

He was on duty after all.

Lifting his helmet from adopt his head, the Fringe Confederation got a rare glance at the man behind the helmet. With a shake, he loosed his dred locks from their scrunched up position and allowed them to stray over his eyes; stained orange by the taint of the dark side. He then elevated his glass to his lips, indulging in a quiet sip before placing the beverage back upon the table. The darkest man in the room, complexion-wise, then addressed his peers with his low tone of voice.

"I concur, High Counciler Vynea. The friendship once held between our nations was one lost through regretful actions of the past; and I would love to see nothing more than a return to the way things formerly were. Neutrality and Trade sound wonderful to me, good sir." he began, then looked to the Archon, Grand Marshal, and Executive Viceroy. "What say you?"

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Serock Hoath"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Rave Merrill"].

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

"When last our leaders spoke of trade, neither of our governments was economically stable enough to handle reduced capital controls and drastically decreased tariff regimes. That said, I think we're both in a place where reduced tariff barriers could put both of us in advantageous situations. We've had people working on the numbers, and it looks promising."

As Rave finished up her bit on reduced tariff barriers, a cold wind blew through the chamber that the respective faction's leadership sat in. A thin icy crust formed along the ridges of the glasses they held, and an exhale or two of breath could be seen as heavy footfalls echoed off the walls. The hooded figure strode in, clad in Templar armor as black as the void of space itself, a few hints of the original gold filigree on gauntlets and shin-guards glinting in the dim lights. The cold air seemingly dissipated as quickly as it had arrived, gloved hands pulling the hood of the floor length cloak back over his head, cold eyes of deep sapphire looking around at those gathered. He instantly recognized all who sat at the table, having extensive intelligence files on all of them. Such was the nature of his position within the Confederacy. High Councilors Vyena and Merrill of the Fringe, The Grand Marshall, The Executive Viceroy, Colonel Verd, and Archon Mason. He thought it wise that the Confederacy outnumbered the Fringe 2 to 1 as it was at the table. Truth be told, whilst he was not needed here in person, and the talks that occurred here would be archived within his private files in less than an hour of the meetings conclusion, he felt it a significant enough event to attend, even in it's waning moments. Some questions still went unanswered, in his opinion.

"My question is thus; What of the reason for this meeting? You have all seemingly settled on how you wish the outcome to be. But how exactly do any of you propose we attain that? Talks of similar goals and laws, talks of reduced tariff barriers, whilst admirable, seem only to distract from the real purpose of this gathering."

With that, he sat down at the table, waving off the refreshment droid as it began to roll near. "Apologies, I have forgotten to introduce myself. Ket Van Derveld, Lord Inquisitor of the Confederacy, Viceroy of Ryloth..." he then went absolutely deadpan. "A pleasure, I'm sure."

"Have a seat, Lord Inquisitor. Join us. As it happens, we've not only established our goals are the same, we've established that the old treaties are the ideal means to that end -- with some necessary adjustments, which we're discussing now." Eyes older than her face blinked slowly. "This is how bonds are formed, prerequisite to the kind of unity that can secure both our positions. This is how these things work."

"A new generation of leaders. A new Treaty. A new, fresh start. I like where this is going." stated the Mandalorian simply. He looked to his compatriots, and those present for additional input before adding. "While it is simply my humble opinion, I believe that we should pursue this new avenue; as both our economies can now support a reduction in tariff barriers..." he then reached across the table for a datapad and pulled it into his grasp, then began typing furiously. In response, the terminal across the room lit up, projecting a holographic image of that which he was putting together: an outline for their budding Treaty. "What should we call this Treaty?" he suggested, attempting to move the conversation along.

OOC: And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a bump post. <3

@[member="Rave Merrill"], @[member="Ket Van Derveld"], @[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom