Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Take On Me

Long seconds stretched between the Queen of Trade and the old Salvager, each of their bodies radiating tension. Danger exuded anger and frustration, while Judah wore an equal measure of stubbornness and hurt. That he had to explain himself to Danger again felt like rubbing salt into a wound she hadn't intended to reopen -- but reopen it she did.

It was just another reminder that Judah hadn't fully healed from the deep wound Thessa Kai had inflicted almost twenty years ago. It had scabbed over, but Danger could see it was still being picked at as if it were a tick Judah couldn't let be as some reminder of what could happen again.

That was the thing. He didn't want to get used to being taken care of, fearing he would only lose it again in the end. Not getting used to something made it easier to go without it, after all.

But there was another side to that blasted coin, and Danger knew it well.

With a twitch of her jaw, Danger slowly lifted her chin, not in defiance but in consternation. Her tongue slid over her teeth beneath her lips as she gave a slow nod.

Alright. Alright then.

"Crystal," she replied in a thick drawl. Turning away, she picked up her datapad and took a few steps before ambling back, her thick black skirts rustling with each deliberate movement.

"You're right -- Keepin' folk away and not dependin' on 'em makes it so there ain't a chance of gettin' hurt," she acknowledged. "But it also means no one ever has the chance to get in -- just one lonesome self-fulfillin' prophecy."

With as much dignity as she could muster, Danger carefully removed the throw blanket he had given her from her shoulders and began to fold it.

"Do as you will," she said, placing the throw on the bed along with her datapad. Glancing up at him with an exhausted expression, she signaled her departure. She was done. "If you need anythin', send word through that datapad. I'll get Makai to take care of you. Get your rest."

Well, Judah got exactly what he wanted. Danger turned and headed to the exit. No sense in staying for someone who didn't, couldn't, and wouldn't want her help. He'd done this for years and now she was seriously wondering why she still bothered. If he wanted to lock himself up in his room in his condition. Fine.

She'll just make Thirty-Seven break-in if they can't reach him after asking him to open up.

Lips thinned into a grim line. Danger didn't understand, she never did when it came to this. In an odd way, he was happy she didn't know and didn't understand where he was coming from. That the memory of being alone had faded for her after many years with Alric.

A brief thought fluttered through his mind, wondering if they should remain friends at all. It was just a small tiff, a misunderstanding, but it was building on misunderstanding after argument after heated exchange.

A vicious cycle and one he didn't know how to escape. He rarely found himself trapped in such a situation. Interpersonal relationships hadn't gone swimmingly well for him lately, making him itch to simply hand the reigns of Salacia over to Makai and truly become a hermit.

An easy way out to be sure.

Eyes fell on her retreating form, he had really done it now. A shake of his head but that was a mistake, world spinning for a brief moment.

"I'm sorry. I,uh, I've been stuck in a hole I can't dig out of. That's not an excuse."

At this moment, he wished he would have just let her mother hen over him and dealt with the personal fallout later on. That was his typical coping mechanism but with his head pounding today it had been hard to remain a sense of composure.

Turning his back, Judah carefully shuffled his way towards the recliner to sit and stew the rest of the flight back. He had some decisions to make.

"I'm sorry. I,uh, I've been stuck in a hole I can't dig out of. That's not an excuse."

As the door hissed open, Danger paused in the threshold, her gaze lingering on Judah. With a soft murmur, she cast one last remark over her shoulder before stepping out.

"Reckon if you can't find your own way out that hole, maybe it's time to seek some help to get you out," she suggested, her tone gentle yet firm.

It was up to Judah whether he would heed her words or continue down his current path. If he didn’t want her bothering, then she’ll respect it. At this point, there was no sense in trying on her end anymore.

Judah hurt in ways that no type of fretting on her end would ever mend. Didn't seem to happen with Miz. Tin’dara either so who knew. Just went to show when Thessa Kai left, she took more than just half of Judah’s net worth — she left Judah incapable of feeling anything but the echoes of her absence and the heavy loss and hurt that came from it.

Truth be told, Danger couldn’t blame him for it.

With that, the door slide shut behind her and she left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom