Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Take On Me

Why am I being carried? Why do the arms feel hard? Metal?

Head was pounding, it felt like it was about to split open. One side of his face was just in massive pain and it felt swollen? Bruised? Dizzy and nauseous just topped everything off.

It felt as if he was hungover in a way but also ten times worse.

Wait, hungover? I haven't been black out drunk since Makai was six years old.

He certainly didn't remember drinking. Then again, he didn’t remember much right now. It hurt too much to think too far. Last thing he remembered was spotting Danger and asking her for a dance at some Gala or business event. Details seemed fuzzy right now.

“....can you believe this Thirty-Seven? Of all people, Dad? I swear, who the fuck throws a punch without being certain?...”

Thirty-Seven? What was Makai’s droid doing? Why was his son complaining about throwing punches?

[ Sentients are very horrible at calculations and certainties Sir. ]

“Apparently Jedi are worse at it. Too many feelings and not enough logic, I think.”

Judah was still aware of moving. He definitely felt the incline of a ramp but his legs weren’t making an effort upward. He could feel the coolness of the interior of a ship, as if the humidity and life was sucked out.

[ Where should I place your father Sir? ]

“ Not sure where Danger wants him but the nearest cabin is fine.”

Wait…I’m the one being carried?! By Thirty-Seven?!

He couldn’t stand droids since the nanites had decided to use him as a host. It had effectively ended his military ‘career’ and turned him into a shell of himself at the time. Lots of time and diligent work had brought him back to the right state of mind, but one thing remained ; a healthy distrust of droids.

Typically he was fine but anything to do with loss of faculties or control already set him on edge. Add in droids or even medical droids in such a vulnerable state and it was a recipe for disaster.

Judah struggled to move ; to do something. Even thinking about trying to move was a monumental task. A lot of struggling and mental pep-talk involved and soon enough he was able to use the momentum from Thirty-Seven putting him onto the bed to stand on his own two feet.

….and it was a massive mistake.

The cabin spun wildly like an amusement ride. Nausea flared up, head pounded like a bantha was dancing around inside.

Judah took one wobbily step away from away from Thirty-Seven, starting to dry heave.

“Lesson learned, stay away from galas for a bit. Business expos, less fights surprisingly. I think everyone is too busy getting drunk on the company credit to bother.”

Makai was grumbling to Thirty-Seven as they made their way to Danger’s vessel. He would have to arrange to have his fathers ship brought to a Salacia facility or back to the Tingel Arm, but that was an easy enough fix. Find what crews might be in the area and have an employee bring it back, there was no concern.

He was upset, angry at the entire nights proceedings. First the punch ; how the hell did that even happen? Wouldn’t a normal person merely ask their wife, hey isnt this the pervert then punch? Its what he would have done.

Then again, it took the Jedi years to even decide to act on it. Must have been too busy razing cities and upending civilian lives in whatever war was currently going on.

Then Danger had the nerve to apologize. He got it. She did business everywhere and with everyone and had to keep them on her good side. Makai just didn’t appreciate the apology to someone who had hit his father, nor to the Sith who apparently raised a coward.

The Trade Queen was close behind and he wanted everything ready to go the moment she stepped aboard. So he seethed, every so often throwing commentary to his protocol droid.

Yet something must have happened and his father started to stir, freeing himself from Thirty-Seven’s grasp right before being placed into the bed.

Then stumbled like a drunken frat boy away from Thirty-Seven.Makai knew how much he hated droids, the faint memories of Sparky unintentionally scaring him in the house.

He quickly stepped in, grabbing a firm bicep and taking hold of his fathers blazer to steady him. Judah was fighting him every step of the way, Makai having to use all his strength to keep Judah upright.

“Thirty-Seven go ahead and chart our course back to the Tingel Arm. I got this, thanks.”

The younger Dashiell was doing his best to navigate the elder.

“Stop fighting me and sit down Dad. I got this, Thirty-Seven left. I won't let him back in. You need to relax and get a cold pack started. Don’t make me get Danger.”

The Trade Queen, he assumed would be handling the fallout while he handled his father for the duration of the trip.

The gentle tap-tap of heels announced the entrance of the Queen of Trade, her long black skirt swaying as she approached the landing port where the Chenini Rising awaited. Named after the Tatooine moon with the most elliptical orbit, its glossy dura steel hull sparkled under the glow of Naboo's moon.

Sorting out the aftermath with the Nobles and other parties took almost twenty more minutes. She exchanged comm numbers and made plans to discuss things privately later with the Nobles, aiming to clear up the mess post-event. Though the whole situation annoyed Danger, causing a scene in a public place made no sense. Priority one was ensuring Judah got proper medical attention pronto.

The engines hummed, and the ship was prepped for departure. Danger felt relief wash over her as Makai and Thirty-Seven successfully brought Judah on board. There was a tiny med-bay on the ship for a quick check-up; if things got dicey, they could head to a proper medical facility. At the moment, Danger just hoped Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell had regained consciousness.

With her dark skirts in hand, Danger briskly ascended the passenger side stairs into the ship. The door hissed shut behind her, and the ramp retreated into the Chenini's belly.

Locating where Makai had taken his father didn't take long. He chose one of the guest suites instead of the medbay, and the Queen of Trade was puzzled and concerned when she heard the commotion inside. "Judah? Oh, for heaven's sake..." Confusion etched her face as she walked into the suite, tossing her purse onto the acceleration couch. The ruffled black gala dress swished with each step until she reached out to help Makai with Judah.

"Judah, I get you're not feelin' great, but you gotta lay down." Her twangy voice floated over the elder Dashiell, accompanied by the sweet scent of summer magnolias from Danger's perfume.

Looking up at Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , Danger asked, "What happened?"

Judah felt the firm grip of Makai's hand around his bicep, other hand with a fist full of blazer in order to keep him upright. He wasn't trying to fight his son intentionally, Judah was testing his limits already.

The elder Dashiell wanted to see if the dizziness would subside once he stopped moving, if he just stood still in one spot. So far, it didn't seem likely, feeling as if he was in a clothes washing machine on the spin cycle, cabin spinning wildly. Eyes closed, trying to get his bearings.

He felt Danger's touch on his other arm and immediately felt embarrassed. Judah Dashiell didn't ask for this kind of help, nor did he expect it. Came with the territory of being on his own for twenty-odd years at this point, knowing he was his own backup in these situations.

"Danger, I will lay down, I just got to go get some medicine."

Jaw hurt to talk, sore. Judah imagined it would be worse tomorrow.

The vessel was a J-type, same as his own. A beautiful ship that was nothing but pure luxury, Judah typically used his when traveling on business, when there was no salvage involved. Being familiar with the vessels layout, the old salvager was confident he could make it to the medbay on his own and get what he needed.

Shaky step forward, hand outstretched as if trying to find his way to the medbay solely on memory and feel.

As his father started to move, Makai gently applied some backwards pressure on his grip, preventing him from going far. Never in a million years did he expect to use the skills of handling drunks at frat parties on his own father.

"You're not going anywhere Dad. I'll get the medicine for you."

Makai knew his father often referenced his own personal stubbornness as coming from his mother, not from the Dashiell side. In his opinion, his father was just as stubborn, the elder Dashiell could dig in his heels just as good as any Kai. Perhaps he was less brash than Thessa Kai Thessa Kai and the Galan side of his family, but it was just as frustrating to be on the receiving end.

"Stop being stubborn for two seconds."

Hand left his father's bicep to assist in removing his dinner jacket,struggling to get the article of clothing off.

"Normally I have help during the undressing portion, a more eager participant."

Makai joked as his father groaned at the quip, both at the incredible lameness and the fact he didnt want to hear this portion of Makai's life.

Danger looked to him, asking what happened, and Makai wasn't sure if she meant the punch or the fact his father was fighting them each step of the way. Face flamed a bit now at his quip, knowing the Trade Queen fully heard his words.

"He's stubborn and dry heaving from the movement. I'll get medicine in the minute, just getting off this jacket and his bowtie. Come on, sit down."

A grunt of protest from his father, Makai rolled his eyes, assisting the elder man onto the bed in a sitting position.

Cerulean eyes looked to Danger.

"Can you watch him for a few moments while I grab supplies from the medbay?"

A subtle quip from Makai about undressing brought a knowing look to Danger's eyes. Putting two and two together, it was clear he was referring to Myra-- definitely not a topic the Queen of Trade wanted to delve into regarding her child's personal life. However, there it was, and Makai's sudden blush revealed that he had momentarily forgotten she was present.

Well, at least Makai still has a hint of shame, thought Danger. However, the elder Dashiell, Judah, seemed as stubborn as a Bantha right before a sandstorm.

"Go on, get the meds; I got your pa here," Danger said, reclaiming Judah's bicep as Makai removed his dinner jacket and bow tie and sat him down on the bed. Turning her auburn head towards Judah, she let her emerald gaze sweep over him. The welt on his jaw was already swollen, and even beneath the scruff, the mottled maroon of his skin was visible over the puffy inflammation.

"Judah, let's get you laying’ down on the bed now," she murmured, her voice low and throaty in its drawl, attempting to guide the elder Dashiell to lay back on the bed.

"Hold on to me if you need it. I got you," Danger instructed, shuffling against him in her black gala dress and heels, wrapping her arms around him to help him lay back.

Last edited:
Judah felt Makai's grip relax, his footfalls as he left the guest cabin to go down and find the medicine needed to ease some of the pain. He knew his son would be able to pick out things on his own ; time spent in the Pacanth had honed his first aid skills.

"Forcing me in bed? Miss Arceneau, I'm not that kind of boy, at least buy me dinner first."

Judah started to laugh, which was a big mistake. It only caused both his head and jaw to throb in pain even more ; a feat he didn't think as possible just moments ago.

Already paying for his quip.

No way was he going to use the Trade Queen for leverage in sitting down. One, he was stubborn and preferred to do these things on his own. Two, it was the principle, she didn't need to go hurting herself on the account of something happening to him.

Hand found the bed and he sat on the edge, eventually maneuvering where he could stretch out his legs but put his back up against the headboard in a sitting position. Laying down could be dicey with his current dizziness.

At least the world was spinning less.

Judah blindly felt for her, eventually finding and patting her hip.

"Appreciate the help. I think Makai can get it from here."

“Stop bein’ so stubborn,” Danger’s voice floated over Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell in a throaty chide. At his quip regarding forcing him to bed and needing to buy him dinner first made her roll her eyes. Indeed, she even gave a hearty disbelieving snort, taking the comment to be a typical Judah joke in line with the Dashiell’s humor, likely only exasperated by the pain he was feeling.

That punch must have shook your filter loose,” Danger would murmur low, bapping his hand gently away from her hip. She didn’t take him seriously. While the commentary was out of the ordinary in terms of subject, it was in line with his humor.

Besides that’s as much of a lie as I’ve ever heard,” she said in amused, but concerned disbelief. She sat sideways on the bed close to him as she faced him, the redhead leaning closer to gently brush her fingers along his jawline to get a better look at the damage.

For the chances of you lettin’ any woman buy you dinner is nil to none,” scent of sweet magnolias floated closer, that honeyed voice drawing near enough to feel the fanning of her breath along his face.

It was swollen pretty bad. She was concerned that it was broken. But if Judah could talk that was a good sign that it likely wasn’t. What she was worried about now was a concussion.

“‘Sides… I’m sure Miz. Tindara be the type to object to such overtures.” Danger was well aware Judah was seeing that curvy cerulean skinned, Togruta Jedi Master.

Can you open your eyes? Want to check your pupils to see if you got symptoms of a concussion.”

Judah felt the bed dip, fingers brushing against his jaw as she surveyed the damage. This was always a point of contention for both of them ; being fretted over like a lost little bird. He had made an elaborate cover story of having horrible allergies to hide any cold or flu or any similar illness.

It only worked so much and so far. Soon enough she would come bursting through his door, soup and medicine in hand, annoyed he didn't own a thermometer.

"You're right, I would never allow a woman to buy her own dinner.Amend it to letting me buy you dinner then."

He could feel her breath against his face, wondering why she was so close to him. Did his jaw look that bad? It felt bad. Didn't mean anything was wrong though, he imagined the swelling was causing most of his problems.

"If I open my eyes the room just spins. Its better if I just keep them closed and hold my head still. Probably didn't help I landed on that floor.....'sides, when did you become a trained medical professional? Is that your third career?"

Sky-blue eyes met emerald, doing his best to focus on something beyond her, much how someone who is sea-sick focuses on the horizon.

"Miss Tin'dara and I are no longer together, I doubt she'll have much to say."

Tell-tale grumbling set in as she leaned into his personal space, the scent of magnolias overwhelming. It didn't help he had to keep taking deep breaths in order not to dry heavy again.

"You don't have to fret over me. Ain't no one watching me once I'm dropped off."

Danger's response to the elder Dashiell's offer to buy her dinner was a soft harrumph. An auburn brow arched slowly, still amused by his quip but adding dryly, "Says the man who already owes me a home-cooked meal for what happened at Persephone," Danger reminded him.

Although to be fair, it seemed like the 'verse was tossing them from one crazy situation to the next since the time Judah had a conniption fit over Danger and his assumed list of qualified men to court for Myra's hand. Not that Danger harbored any lingering resentments over the matter; she understood the why and made peace with it, as the miscommunication had been worked out.

By the time Judah managed to open his eyes so Danger could inspect them, she was already tilting his head up by pressing lightly along his unhurt jaw to get a better look. A soft, mildly exasperated exhale took in Judah's quip regarding her medic abilities, with the Queen of Trade responding, "I know 'nough to recognize a concussion and provide field aid. One has to when you're out in the desert on your lonesome. Ain't no one to depend upon but yourself if you get hurt out there."

However, it wasn't Judah's eyes going wide, but Danger's at what he told her next. He wasn't with Azula anymore? Color me surprised. Part of her wanted to ask what happened and if he was okay. The other simply said good riddance. Not because Danger had thoughts of the elder Dashiell for herself, but because that meant the possibility of having to be around a female Jedi Master in the long term was a circumstance that was enough to make Danger's mouth pucker like the sourest lemon she'd ever taste.

"... Sorry to hear that," I'm not, Danger thought, but hid it well. "I hope you are okay," this one was genuine. "Go on, close your eyes now. From the looks of it, so far so good. Jaws not broken and you don't have a concussion from what I can see." she told him, confirming that his eyes were responding properly to the light and dilating.

As for her stopping her fretting?

"As for bein' watched, I reckon I'll stay and tend to you for the next few days until you heal up," Danger replied, checking to see if there were any other injuries Judah may have received along with the fall. Of course, this only ruffled the old salvager's feathers anew. Knowing that giving him options offered the best response, she added, "Or you can stay at the Farm; let all of us look after you while you catch up with the kids."

"Says the man who already owes me a home-cooked meal for what happened at Persephone,"

"Now you're harassing an injured old man? Danger I always thought so highly of you. Now I'm beginning to wonder."

Judah tried not to laugh or smile too much at his words toward her. He did owe her a a dinner after going a little too hard at Persephone. He had been a little quick acting, all hot and none of the calm and collected he normally was.

He scoffed at her assessment of qualifications for concussion protocol and the status ( or lack thereof) of his current love life. He doubted Danger Arceneau was being truthful in either category.

"Don't be sorry, I know you're not. I can hear the relief in your voice at the fact you won't have to deal with a Jedi being around."

Judah adjusted his back on the pillows, getting a little more comfortable than before. it seemed Danger wasn't letting him out of her sight for the short term ; not that he could escape the vessel. He had felt the smooth transition into hyperspace not long ago.

"After being punched by one...I might be a little relieved too. I really thought I got hit because of that..."

A look of annoyance crossed his features as the mention of his two options. It would be the Farm so Danger could continue her life uninterrupted.

"So everyone can look after me? I'm not an invalid."

"Goodness, do you have a sudden proclivity for assumin' the worst in folk," Danger would murmur in her throaty twang, drawing her attention from checking for any other injuries to setting verdant emerald eyes upon oceanic blue. Her expression was that of mild, bemused amusement. Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell 's feathers were as ruffled as Danger expected, but then he was tossing out more jokes and peanut gallery commentary than he had in the last few meet-ups she had with the old salvager.

"You know well that if I'd a mind to harass an old injured man like you, gabbin' my mouth off wouldn't be my weapon of choice." She gave his knee a pat and then rose to her feet, the length of the black gala dress rustling with the slow, sensual move the Queen of Trade had no way of holding back. "'Sides, ain't no one said you're an invalid. Just figured since you've issue with me bein' the one frettin' after you, you'd be keen on havin' options. "

Danger looked around, noticing that while Makai had taken Judah's jacket and bow tie off, he still left his shoes on. With a full-hipped sashay, Danger took a step to start slipping those off of him.

"Sorreh or not, don't change the fact that I hope you're doin' okay. It's the first time in a long while you let anyone in. Means that meant somethin'." She glanced at him over her bare shoulder, lids lowered as she surveyed the elder Dashiell; something that Judah said struck her.

"What you mean 'bout me not havin' to deal with a Jedi bein' around?"

Last edited:
"Goodness, do you have a sudden proclivity for assumin' the worst in folk,"

"I'm old and tired. Its starting to come with that territory." A slight pause. "I think I'm just getting more jaded really."

It was the only thing he could think of ; well, not the only thing. It was the only idea he was willing to share with Danger at this moment with Makai hanging around.

He ignored her comments on his failed relationship. With his head pounding, Judah didn't feel like deep diving and psychoanalyzing his latest actions regarding his lack of love life. Basically, it was kicking that can down the road, knowing Danger would circle back on it eventually.

Judah hoped 'eventually' meant weeks from now.

"What you mean 'bout me not havin' to deal with a Jedi bein' around?"

"You don't like Jedi. Hypothetically if things continued, you would be bound to see her around a little more."

Shoulders shrugged. Perhaps Danger wouldn't have seen the Tortuga around. In his mind it would have been something bound to happen, it wasn't as if they hadn't done business together or ran in the same circles for a decade now.

"I'm beginning to hate Jedi after that punch too."

Makai had dug around in the first aid kit. Due to the nature of Danger and her growing up on Tatooine, it was well-stocked with a variety of supplies one might need no matter what the situation.

He grabbed a handful of stims ; pain relief, nausea, something for inflammation. Along with an ice pack to help with the swelling.

Voices drifted into the corridor, mentioning a now dislike of Jedi. Makai was of similar mind, but more from the view of all Force users seemed exactly the same to him, good or bad.

Entering the suite, Makai activated the ice pack as he walked over, handing it to his father, letting the man gingerly place it on his sore jaw.

"Thanks for watching him...I can handle it from here. I'm sure you're tired and you don't want to watch over this old guy for hours on end."

A protest from his father but Makai ignored it, opening the stim packs to start delivering them so some relief could start.

Rolling up his fathers sleeve, one of the first set of stims were jabbed into skin, depressing the plunger. His attention turned to Danger as he did so.

"Sorry I called one of your friends a dumbass."

Jaded? Tired and grumpy did seem to be the perfect descriptor for the old salvager. Granted, Danger had no inkling that Judah had been dating the Jedi Master for months until the first public appearance came down the hyperlane. Followed up by Makai's details over dinner, Danger had been hard-pressed to believe his father had been dating someone for so long without showing any sign of it.

Then again, Judah could keep his personal life under wraps so well that unless the holo-tabloids sniffed it out, it was always very well hidden.

"Hmph," Danger would give a slight harrumph noise in the back of her throat as she bent to set Judah's dress shoes beside the bed. She straightened just as Judah clarified the commentary regarding Jedi and Danger no longer having to deal with one.

"You don't like Jedi. Hypothetically if things continued, you would be bound to see her around a little more."

Wasn't quite what Danger had been referencing. More so, she wanted to know how Judah had figured out that she wasn't too keen on Jedi, to begin with, or more aptly, Jedi females. Floozies the lot of them in her mind, but in her business, it did well to hide her prejudices and biases. Have I slipped around Judah before? she mused.

"What makes you think I've no likin' for Jedi?" she asked him just as Makai stepped in with a handful of stims and an ice pack. The redhead nodded to Makai, rubbing his shoulder as the younger man came up beside Judah to tend to him.

Thanks for watching him...I can handle it from here. I'm sure you're tired and you don't want to watch over this old guy for hours on end."

"Ain't no issue. I don't mind continuin'. You can go on and give Myra a call to see how she and Rue are doin'. " Danger countered, coming up beside Makai in an attempt to take over giving Judah the rest of the stims.

At Judah's protest, she shot the man a deadpan stare that gave no room for objection. It was the kind she had that said that she would be as thick-headed as Judah, and as she's the one without the pounding headache, you bet your arse she'd win.

"I've more than enough experience tendin' to Myra all those years she was ill. Makin' sure you're doin' alright ain't gonna cause me to bend over backward, Mistah Dashiell."

"Sorry I called one of your friends a dumbass."

With a heavy sigh, Danger's breath escaped in a whoosh, carrying the weight of her contemplation. She proceeded to offer a calm yet thorough explanation of the seriousness of the situation and why she had apologized on his behalf.

"I appreciate the apology, but I understand why you were upset," she began, her tone measured. "The thing is, you've gotta be mindful of who you mouth off to. We were lucky Darth Carnifex let your comment slide. He's one of the most powerful Sith Lords out there, and it wouldn't have been hard for him to make you regret your words or worse."

She picked up one of the stims, inspecting it carefully. "Apologizin' to him and Kahlil was the quickest way to try and smooth things over, allowing us the opportunity to come back at a later date to hash it all out with cool heads prevailin'. The 'verse has a knack for makin' those who wield that kind of power unpredictable. It don't matter where you stand on the spectrum; it's best to play nice, use your head, and figure out how to come out of it in one piece, maybe even with a little somethin' extra if you're lucky."

Last edited:
Ain't no issue. I don't mind continuin'. You can go on and give Myra a call to see how she and Rue are doin'. " Danger countered, coming up beside Makai in an attempt to take over giving Judah the rest of the stims.

At Judah's protest, she shot the man a deadpan stare that gave no room for objection. It was the kind she had that said that she would be as thick-headed as Judah, and as she's the one without the pounding headache, you bet your arse she'd win

Makai wondered what type of conversation he had interrupted earlier for Danger to want to take over tending to his father. While he and his father werent on the best of terms, naturally Makai would be the dutiful son and ensure he on back on his feet smoothly.

It was like being a kid all over again, being told to run off and find Ellie. By the time he was in his teens, Makai had learned once the cigarillos were lit it was time to scram and find his own activities.

"Only if you insist, promise I really don't mind, but Ellie is the more appealing of the two options."

A nod at the mention of Carnifex. Makai had zero idea who was a Jedi and who was a Sith, so he merely went with it. There was no need to hash over what had been done.

"I'll keep that in mind in the future, thank you, for everything. If you need something, I'll be up in the cockpit with Thirty-Seven."

Judah was thankful when Makai came in to deliver the stims and free him from some of the questioning streaming from Danger. He went to utter a protest, a look of challenge was shot his way, as if to dare him to object.

Both were stubborn people. His head hurt far too much to get into some kind of stalemate match with her. Perhaps another time he could win but at this point it was useless.

The Trade Queen subbed in for his son, the half-Galan shooting them both a curious look before leaving, disappearing down the corridor.

Makin' sure you're doin' alright ain't gonna cause me to bend over backward, Mistah Dashiell."

Now that Makai was gone, he circled back to her use of his last name. It had taken years for the pair to get on a first name basis, were they back to such a thing?

"Are we back to last names only Miss Arceneau?"

Arms crossed against his chest as she administered the last stim, trying to get comfortable for the long haul of the tit-for-tat he and the redhead typically exchanged lately.

"Thank you for smoothing things over with...whomever...after the punch. I suppose that's two I owe you now."

As Danger flashed Makai a grateful smile, she gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze before he slipped away. As the door whooshed shut behind him, her attention shifted back to Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell , her emerald green eyes narrowing in on him.

"Only when you start gettin' all melodramatic with your protests," Danger retorted, leaning in to administer an anti-nausea stim, following Makai's earlier injection.

"And it's not like it's a big deal; just kinda bewildered and annoyed at how everythin' went haywire faster than a shootin' star. One moment we were havin' a civil chat, and the next... well, the nasty cracking sound of his fist connectin' with your jaw and then you hittin' the ground," she recounted, shuddering at the memory.

"But I guess I can tack on another favor to the list you owe me. A little quid pro quo never hurt anyone," she added with a smirk, meeting his gaze. "How're you feelin' now? Makai also slipped you an anti-inflammatory stim, so that should help ease the inflammation."

With that done, she patted his leg again, then straightened, holding her head up tilted to the right as she studied him, "Reckon you need a bacta poultice or a med-pod. Poultice will take a few days, and you'll be up to your roots with that sickly sweet smell, while the med-pod will make it a shorter endeavor without the stench of hospitals. I have a pod at the Farm from when Myra needed round-the-clock care; it might do you some good."

"You're not the only one annoyed, imagine the one being punched. Me, of all people."

Judah thought back to the conversation, a lame dad joke about newborns being up all night or something similar. Everything after that was black until coming to on the vessel, with that creepy droid of Makai's trying to take over.

"I still feel like I got ran over. Head is killing me."

Head still throbbed, jaw was sore. There was nothing that could be done further. Certainly he was not in need of a med-pod. Eyes narrowed at Danger's suggestion. There was no way he was getting into one unless the situation was life or death.

"No thank you, I'll just stench up your home with the bacta. I don't want to be out of it..."

Especially in Danger's home. She employed droids for every little thing. Judah didn't let it bother him when he visited, but to be incapacitated with the inorganics have free reign through the home? It wasn't for him, as it was he kept the door to his suite locked tightly.

"Wait...how did I get punched again? I haven't done anything wrong..."

Judah pieced a few things together in his mind.

"A Jedi you said?... Wait... Did one of Azula's friends punch me because we aren't dating anymore? That's childish."

Noticing the grimace etched on Judah Dashiell's features, Danger quietly urged him, "Go on, close your eyes. Give 'em a rest. I'll dim the lights for you, ease the strain."

Sauntering over to the controls for the overhead halo-lights, Danger let out a snort of laughter at the suggestion that Azula's friends were to blame for the old Salvager's hard knock.

"Well, if it was Miz. Tin'dara's fault, that would've been a sight. 'Pends on how things ended between you," she remarked casually, though her curiosity burned bright. But she knew better than to expect Judah to spill the details.

"It was a case of mistaken identity that landed you on the floor courtesy of Master Kahlil Noble. Seems he heard your name and saw your face, mistook you for someone who'd been causin' trouble for his wife. It wasn't until you were down that he realized his mistake. Grandmaster Valory Noble, his wife, nearly went into labor from the shock and fury. Kahlil was quick to apologize, but I reckon there'll be more to sort out later. Jedi business, you know how they do things. Haven't had much dealin's with the New Jedi Order myself, so who knows."

Seeing as Judah made mention of stinking up her home with bacta, he had made his decision to come to Arkuhn Farm. She'll let Thirty-Seven know shortly, once Judah had enough rest. They had plenty of time in hyperspace before they had to switch towards the hypergates. It cut time by half, sometimes three times depending.

Coming up to the panel, Danger made adjustments to the lights so that they were dim enough to be able to see but not bright enough to be harsh on the eyes. It would be enough to allow Judah to sleep should he want to, but Danger didn't want him to fall asleep so quickly until she had a good idea how he was doing.

"Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to reach out to you to try and set things right."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom