Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taeam Tasbira Fateria

It had not been very long since they had last seen each other before Darben asked to speak to Ra again. Inviting her again to join him, she found his place much easier this time. Not that it had been difficult before, but the first time usually took longer.

Unsure of the reason for the summons, she had compiled a list of people she had spoken to and showed his goods to. These people might or might not ever order from them, but it was nice to show what had been accomplished since they last met.

Again she dressed for business and not a day off since she had the feeling this meeting was requested to talk about work.

Knocking at the door, she waited for it to open for her.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae had thought on it. He had thought long and hard. And then, he decided that perhaps he should contact @Ra'a'mah, his business partner. And so that he did, and in his store he waited. He sat behind the counter, tapping his fingers on the counter.

He heard a knock on the door and shouted back, "Come in! We're open!" This time he did not plan to drink. Not after last time....Plus Renla had taken the hidden bottle elsewhere. He had not slept easily that night after that drinking.

When Ra heard Darben call out for her to enter, she did just that, making sure to pull the door closed behind her. Giving him a smile, it was more relaxed than their last meeting. Since that had really been the first time, she now had a better idea of how to act around him. Business, but not first time meeting so she could express a little more of herself.

"Good afternoon, Darben. How are you?"

Holding her hand out to shake, she hoped today would go well for the two of them.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae watched as @Ra'a'mah came into his store, and he stood up and went around the counter. "Ra, a good afternoon it is" he greeted back. "I am doing well. My daughter is out, and...other residents are currently elsewhere" he added. He wasn't sure if he wanted to let others know of that yet. He said all this as he went off, and came back with a chair which he set on the other side of the counter, high enough for Ra to see over.

"Business, how goes it? Were my samples good for those you showed them to?" That was if she did show them to anyone.

Taking the offered seat, Ra noticed there was no drink offered. Knowing from their previous meeting how he reacted to it, this was likely a good thing. When she had been here before, the only other person she had met was Renla so when he spoke of other residents, she had no idea who he was speaking of. Maybe he meant the droids? It was a thought and question she kept to herself though.

She set the datapad she prepared on the counter for him to look at as an answer to his question on business.

"There are a few people interested as you can see. Other pursuits are going well for me as well."

It had been slow going, but after the fall of the Coalition, she had to rebuild and reorganize her business. With the Mandalorians coming close, she knew she would be working with them soon as well.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben looked over the datapad that @Ra'a'mah presented to him. And smiled. Indeed some people were interested, it made him realize that this could truly be fulfilled, this new idea of theirs. "This is good. I get a new shipment in tomorrow of crystal items, so I could possibly hand that shipment over to you" he said to her. It would help him and his store greatly. Another step to the big idea of having many stores in CSA territory. Perhaps even further.

"Oh, I couldn't ask for the whole shipment unless I was sure of payment for you!"

That was how business worked.

"I will only take what I know has been ordered and deliver those to the clients. If you want, I can take a few additional pieces to showcase, but they would still be yours unless paid for then."

Pointing to the datapad, she would point out how many pieces out of the upcoming shipment she would taking from him when they arrived.

"How being the Minister treating you?"

[member="Darben Skirae"]

He sighed, that was true. If he gave the whole shipment, he wouldn't be able to expect all of it to be sold. Not until his wares were more popular. "A quarter perhaps? A little extra just in case clients change their minds and expect more. Being in the business I know it can happen." And it had sometimes happened. He had been quite a wild ride recently in life, and when Ra asked how the Minister life was treating him, he shrugged.

"Stuff, here and there" he said, tapping his fingers. The ring upon it was still feeling new to him.

Even if her words made sense, Darben still let out a sigh and accepted them. Nodding, she could work with what had already been sold and perhaps interest them in getting that little bit more she brought with her.

"I agree a little extra is nice to carry. These items are small enough I can carry them in a case and be fine."

A case specifically built to display jewelry at its best.

"I can show that to you next time we meet if you want."

He answered on her question with a vague answer and Ra lifted an eyebrow at it.

"That's not really an answer."

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae nodded. That would be good, to see the case. See just how much he could fit in there, see how much she could have on her person. She answered back to his question, and he shrugged. "Trade negotiations, working here at my store. Though I have been a bit distracted lately..." he murmured with the last part, glancing away. And couldn't help but smile. "And what of you? Surely my business is not the only business you are with...unless that is confidential."

She couldn't help but have a little smile when he mentioned trade negotiations. It was pretty much exactly what she did on an almost daily basis. When he mentioned he was distracted by something, Ra had no clue what it was. Again she understood though. Her own life had been distracting as well in its own way. Probably in more exciting ways than what kept his distracted. Not something she would mention to a business partner though.

"Oh nothing confidential about that at all. All my business is above the table."

Motioning to that pad ​he held in his hands, if he looked further on it, he would find her business contacts. Only thing he wouldn't find on there really easily were what the items were each person dealt with. The information was mostly in her head.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben thought on his recent escapades. Not only had he been doing trade negotiations and store stuff, what he didn't mention in his happenings was Stardust, and how he had been spending a lot of time with her. She wasn't a distraction, even if she was a bit distracting but he would not consider her so. He would never consider Star like that, it would feel demeaning towards her calling a distraction...which was funny as he was getting distracted by his own thoughts and would appear as so no doubt.

"Oh I don't..." Then he paused. Perhaps if she let him, he could see some of these contacts and perhaps stretch out a bit himself. "If you do not mind, perhaps I could contact some of these contacts for some business? The more connections the better, right?"

What had been happening with her clan sister was unknown to Ra, so whatever news Darben had would have been a surprise to her. She didn't pry into his mind to get those thoughts out of him, but she would certainly be curious to know.

Giving him a slight wave of her hand of consent to take the information he wanted, she nodded before speaking.

"It's fine. Only governments or people involved with not in there are First Order, Galactic Empire or Sith."

While she didn't have to follow the strict orders of her past governments, she had yet to reach out to any of them.

​[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae had recalled that trade negotiations with the Sith were not a thing, at least not like it was with the Galactic Empire and the First Order. They had yet to organize such a meeting with the Sith. "The CSA has done meetings with the Galactic Empire and First Order. I myself have not met but, if you would like shouldn't be too hard. The Sith, we have not met with however" he said. It wasn't exactly private news that they had connections to the two factions, as CSA's trade terms were rather open.

She listened to what he said about having deals with the Galactic Empire and First Order and nodded.

"I actually attented a ball that brought together Commenor, First Order, Galactic Empire and even a few Sith were there."

Having been invited there by Kei Raxis, she had actually been with Commenor as a guest of them.

"Were you there? I'm sorry if I missed you then."

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben thought on it. He had been to many balls. If he had been to that specific one he could not recall. "Perhaps, perhaps not. I've been to many" he answered back. "Though I only recall seeing you a couple times, and none of those were at a ball so we must have missed each other then" he added to the answer.

"Honestly as an adult, I've only been to a couple balls and one recently. So it isn't likely we ran into each other there. Not an issue or anything."

He had been pointed out to her a year ago or so, met officially at an auction and then their next meeting had been done here. Then this one. Ra wasn't one to forget many things. She and Darben made good business partners and that is what mattered her.

"If you do contact any of these others, feel free to tell them who gave you their information."

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae guessed so, he rarely went out himself until recent days. "Not an issue at all, no. I mostly meet people through business anyway, not balls and fancy gatherings." Not that he had anything against those.

He nodded to Ra, if he ever got the chance to contact any of them was the case. "I shall if I find time to contact any of them. And Ra, thank you. For this, for this arrangement, for helping my business."

"Would it mean anything if I said I understand what you mean? Our life is that of business. That was only the second ball I attended as an adult."

There had been various formal functions she had attended when she was younger with her Sith master. Not something Darben needed to know.

"It's what business partners do. Share information. Perhaps you might have connections I do not with the Galactic Empire and First Order."

He had previously said he or at least Commenor did.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae gave a stiff chuckle. "We are quite alike, then. Rather stray away from the formal stuff and onto the business. Keep to the business" he said back, smiling. He was not so much the formal type, anyway. Always sticking to business, sticking to his words and speaking to others through business only. The language of merchants.

"And I would willingly share that information to you" he returned to Ra. It was the least he could do. "Give me a couple days, I can get it done."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom