Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tactical Retreat

Aldric Laurent

A
"Naturally," He nodded, "Don't forget to mention that part." They got up and started heading back to camp, with Valery managing to find a nice collection of dry wood for their purposes. "I packed a couple. Feel free," Aldric smirked. Good to know they were at the clothes stealing stage of things.

It got a bit chillier as the day progressed, and they climbed higher back up the hill. What was once crisp and refreshing was now unpleasantly biting in their current drenched state. Once they reached the top, Valery wasted no time immediately igniting the assembled campfire. Aldric simply nodded, impressed by the display, "Works for me." Already, the warmth was reliving, but all the same he quickly set down the fishing supplies and went to get a fresh change of clothes for himself; Just a simple tee and sweatpants, which he had more intended as sleepwear. But given that his woodsman aesthetic had now been spoiled, he just settled for the easy alternative rather than risk getting something else he liked dirty.

"It was pretty damn cold," Aldric chuckled, sitting down beside Valery, offering his fur-lined jacket for her to wear over her shoulders, "Don't mention it." He blew on his hands and raised them to the fire, flexing his fingers as they warmed back up. "So- Getting shot. Getting drenched and frozen. Almost falling off a waterfall. Has this trip been everything you dreamed of?" Aldric joked with a sheepish smile. Though there was the slightest hint of discouragement in his voice, indicating he felt bad about how things had gone thus far.

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | Tank Top | Camping outfit
Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"How could I ever forget?"

She smirked and seemed happy about the permission to steal his sweaters. Valery loved warmer clothing when she wasn't working, especially when it was cold, and nothing could quite compare to an oversized sweater stolen from the boyfriend. So now that she had his blessing, he could expect to lose a couple.

Down by the fire, Valery was finally able to relax, and she quickly stopped shivering as the warmth of the fire wrapped around her. But with a jacket placed around her by Aldric, she felt even better. "Thank you," she smiled at him and watched him sit down, the fire reflecting nicely in her eyes while she focused on him. He began to warm himself up and joked a little about the day so far, but she could feel that it bugged him a little as well.

This was their first official date, and a lot had gone wrong. Or if not wrong, at least unexpected things happened.

"It has been the perfect date," she said in all honesty before she shifted over and leaned against him with her side. "I've been having a lot of fun, and it's just nice to be alone with you. That's what matters most." She leaned in close to kiss his cheek and finally looked back at the fire.

"Have you done this before? Camping like this?" she asked after a moment, "Seems like something that can be fun on Dantooine." A question to learn a little more about him. Earlier, he had asked quite a few questions about her training as a Jedi, and she disliked talking about herself too much. She wanted to know more about him as well.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric blinked at Valery's answer, staring blankly as she leaned against him. But her sincerity was apparent, and after a few long moments (plus a kiss on the cheek) he allowed himself to be convinced of it as well, and relaxed. He pulled his arm around her shoulder to keep her a little closer, "...Can't argue with that."

They curled up by the heat, and when Valery spoke up again he turned to look at her. It was hard to tell where her eyes ended, and the fire reflecting in them began, but that was part of the beauty in them, "Sure. Couple times," Aldric nodded, turning back to the dancing flame as he pulled back old memories, "Dantooine's not quite as heavily wooded as this place, but, we found some nice spots all the same. Could get a real nice view of the night sky there," His gaze turned up instinctively, envisioning the vast, starry expanse that stretched across the unimpeded heavens above Dantooine's rolling plains and savannas.

"Usually just went with a few friends from in town. Think dad only ever took me once, and he was…" His lip twisted, indicating his feelings for the man were less than positive, "Well, he was dad."

"You didn't really know your parents, did you?"
Aldric looked at her again. Given what he knew of old Jedi practices, that seemed unlikely.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

When he relaxed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, Valery finally relaxed completely as well. This day was about them, so she didn't want him to worry about all the things that went wrong or turned out differently from expected. She was having a wonderful time with him, and she hoped that he felt the same way.

"That sounds amazing. Maybe we can go back there one day, and watch the night sky together, hm?" she asked, her smile bright and her eyes never quite leaving his while they sat together and talked about the past. He seemed quite fond of Dantooine, although the twisting of his lips at the mention of his dad didn't escape her. "Dads can be difficult, hm?" she asked carefully, just in case it was something he preferred not to talk about at all.

"But no, I never knew mine. I can vaguely remember their faces, but I feel no real connection to them," she paused a moment and smiled a little sheepishly, "You know, I've never even gone back to my homeworld either. I always considered the Temple my home, and my Master was the closest thing I had to a father."

"It's why I want to bring you to New Cov, instead of Keshi too. Show you what my real home was like."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"Maybe one of these days," Dantooine was smack dab in Imperial space, and given how things currently were? He wasn't quite sure when he'd be visiting home next. Aldric chuckled a bit, "Heh. You could say that." He shrugged, "Let's just say he wasn't the best father figure a boy could ask for. But- it certainly gave me an idea of exactly what kind of man I didn't want to be," It was a promise of sorts he had made to himself. That Aldric would be a better man, and if given the opportunity, a better father, than he ever was, 'Is what it is. Old man's long gone now."

He let himself be reined in by Valery's story instead. It was an interesting set of circumstances, one he would never quite be able to grasp through his own experience. But it made enough sense all the same, "Really? Never?" Aldric nodded as she continued, "As good a reason as any. Home ain't always the place you're born."

"Who was your Master?"

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

Valery rested the side of her head against him while they talked about Dantooine. Maybe one day, they could return to his home and visit some places he cherishes, but it would have to wait until the war settled down, or if they could somehow get there without being noticed.

The topic of his father got her to look up at him again, "You'll be an amazing dad," she said with a soft smile, but one that quickly turned into a nervous blush, as she realized she got a little carried away there. "If you uh, want to be one, of course." She smiled nervously and looked down at his chest for a moment to save herself some embarrassment.

There was also Vera, who she hoped could rely on him as well if this relationship succeeded in growing that far. Her feeling about it says that it will, and it's certainly what she hoped for as well. But she didn't want to start talking about him being a dad to her kid on their first date already.

"Never," she then said, welcoming the brief topic shift. "But maybe one day. For now, I just want to take you to some places that are important to me."

"As for my Master, his name was Adam Dawn. He was already in his 50's when I began my training, but his calmness and wisdom was exactly what I needed as a fairly... energetic... young Padawan. He taught me so much, and helped me become a Lightsaber Instructor as well, which was my dream as a young Padawan."
She chuckled, thinking back to those days for a moment. "I wish I could have introduced you to him as well."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric was a bit taken aback at first by her abrupt comment, but found a smile as he looked back at the fire, “...I hope so...” It wasn’t lost on him that Valery had a daughter of her own. He was far more nervous to meet Vera than he was any of the padawans. If things were to go farther than they had, it was only a matter of time. What would she think of him?

He listened, nodding in agreement with Valery’s plans, and leaned forward as she spoke of her master, “Energetic?” Aldric chuckled, notably curious now, though not delving further himself yet. More softly, he added, “Sounds like he was a good mentor, then. I would’ve liked to meet him, too.” It must have been hard to live an entire life in another era of history, only to be plunged into a galaxy that might as well have been entirely new, thousands of years later. At least some things remained the same.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"...I hope so..."

She looked up at him while his emeralds settled on the flames that sheltered them with warmth. Being a good man, and a good father — it is important to him, and while she could feel some nervousness regarding the subject, she couldn't help but smile as well. Someone who never worried about these kinds of things wouldn't ever try to be the best they could be, but Aldric did care, and it was part of what attracted her so much to him.

Valery's hand settled gently on his leg and rubbed back and forth, offering comfort that it would all work out without saying anything. She just smiled and enjoyed their peaceful moment together.

On the subject of her past though, she began to chuckle, "Oh yeah, I was quite a difficult teenager especially. Energetic, very stubborn, a little too arrogant..." Now she could laugh about it, but at the time it resulted in a scar that never faded and a broken mind that took years to heal.

"He was the best," she then whispered softly, her voice making it clear that she still missed him. But not wanting to linger on the difficult subject too long, she looked up with a smile again. "Anybody important like that in your life?"

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric listened with a sense of amusement as she described her younger self, “Huh. Doesn’t sound too different from you now,” He teased, nudging her with his elbow. A bit more subdued than her younger self, but he could envision the transition from padawan to master quite naturally.

Aldric nodded a bit more solemnly as the tone in Valery’s voice made her feelings clear. She turned the concept back onto him, and he opened his mouth to speak, but paused before answering, “...Sure. Mom was kinda the opposite of dad. Real sweet and caring. Tried to fill in that void as best she could. Helped pushed me in the right direction, I think,” He smiled softly, only to frown a few moments later, “Never understood why she stuck with him. I guess she just felt a bit… trapped,” Then suddenly, the frown twisted back into a smirk, “Don’t think she’d ever admit it, but after dad passed… she’s seemed a much happier person.”

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Heyyy..." she chuckled at the nudge and comfortably kept herself close to him. "I'm not thaaat bad anymore," she pouted a little but in jest only, and quickly grinned at him again. The stubbornness especially hadn't entirely faded, but she kept it in check and it only really came out in certain situations.

The conversation then shifted to his mother, and she listened quietly to what he had to say. While he spoke fondly of his mother, there was something about her marriage and what happened after it ended that kept Valery quiet for unusually long. But after a moment, she looked up again with a softer smile, "You had a great mom, and I'm sure much of what she did was to protect and help you."

"But sometimes loss, and recovering from it, is necessary to find a better path forward."
Kahlil had been a great father, unlike his, but now that she was spending more and more time with Aldric, she began to recognize that her chemistry with him is somehow even better. It was hard to admit, given everything that happened, but to truly move forward, she had to be honest and open to these things. "I wasn't sure if I could ever be as happy as I was before I suffered, but I... am feeling better than I have in a very long time," she admitted, her voice quieter now.

"Because of you."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric nodded in silent agreement. His mother and father were two opposite influences, but both ultimately pushed him towards the same path. One had just been a bit more intentional than the other. Sometimes loss was an opportunity for something more. He didn't grieve at his father's funeral, and even though his mother did, she decidedly was much more herself in the weeks, months, and years after. More than she had ever been in marriage.

Thankfully, not all relationships were such a burden. Aldric slowly turned his head to look at Valery while she spoke, finding the wisdom in her words, and new truths.

He stared for a few moments, before smiling softly, "I didn't think there was anything else out there, for me. I thought that little farm on Azbrian was... The end of the road. Then you came, outta nowhere, it felt like," A quiet chuckle before he recomposed, gazing into her eyes, "And now... Can't say I've ever been so happy to be so wrong in my life..." Aldric raised her chin with his hand, and leaned in for a kiss.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"I didn't think there was anything else out there, for me. I thought that little farm on Azbrian was... The end of the road. Then you came, outta nowhere, it felt like,"

As those words began to sink in, Valery felt her heart racing all of a sudden, and met his gaze with loving eyes. What had started as a visit to bring an old friend back into the Alliance when they needed it most, had now turned into so much more. Whether it was pure luck, the Force, or some other higher power that brought them together didn't matter — she just felt fortunate that after such a long life of loss, she finally found this kind of happiness as well.

"Aldric..." she said softly, trying her best not to tear up just a little.

"And now... Can't say I've ever been so happy to be so wrong in my life..."

While she felt her lips trembling a little, she closed her eyes and let his fingers settle under her chin to tug it up. She met him in a loving kiss and brought a hand up to the side of his cheek to caress it while she enjoyed this tender moment. "I was worried too after what happened, but now I know it isn't the end. This is just the beginning," she whispered against his lips before she searched for another kiss, one even more passionate and expressive than the former.

After her conversation with Kahlil's spirit on Lothal, she was finally ready to move on completely, and that meant she could no longer hold back anything of what she felt deep inside. What she felt because of him. Her hands shifted down to his chest and she attempted to push him onto his back, before moving over him, a hand placed on each side of his head while her fiery eyes met his emeralds, and her long hair fell around them both.

"I want to see this all the way through with you," she added with a playful smirk before she leaned in close and locked their lips into a powerful kiss.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
They pulled away for just a moment, eyes locked on to one another with magnetic force. As Valery spoke, Aldric grinned, before melting into another kiss. The beginning. Of something new. Something exciting. Perhaps even something better. In the moment, it was hard not to see it that way.

A sudden force knocked Aldric onto his back, and his new view of the stars was quickly overtaken by something even more beautiful as Valery moved over him. His smile widened as she leaned in, and he whispered back, "Then I'm right there with you. All the way through," They embraced in a passionate kiss, letting the heat of desire keep them warm throughout the night…

Natural light crept through the canopy and through the mesh screen window of their tent. At some point or another their escapades had brought them back in here, though Aldric couldn't quite point when, whilst still in the haze of waking up. It was snug inside, and they were draped in warm blankets that insulated them from the midnight cold. He looked down to see Valery cuddled up next to him, his arm still draped over her for an extra layer. Aldric just smiled, and let his head droop back down, content to lay there in the blissful morning ambience for a little while longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

Normally, the first rays of sunlight reaching her face would be more than enough to wake up her, but after a long and exciting night, and with layers of blankets and an arm wrapped around her, Valery slept a little longer than usual. She was comfortable, and safe, and didn't have to worry about Padawans or Jedi duties right now, so her mind was at ease.

When her eyes finally did open, she squinted as they adjusted to the brightness of the morning light, and she slowly rolled around until she was facing Aldric, whose arm still held her close. "Good morning," she said with a loving smile before she leaned in close enough to press a gentle kiss against his lips.

"Slept okay?" She slowly moved to sit upright with only blankets covering her body and her hair was a complete mess she'd have to brush way longer than she wanted to fix, but she didn't seem all too tired. For all they had gotten up to the day before, she was able to get plenty of rest. "I can make some breakfast and then we'll see what we do next?" she asked while she already began to tie together the mess that was her long hair into a ponytail.

"Maybe another shooting exercise or we can do some exploring. There were old and very deep caves nearby, right?"

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric blinked his thoughts back into the present, as he felt Valery stir beside him, "Rise and shine," He responded with a smirk, and returned her kiss. "I'd say more than okay…" Night had overtaken all the inconveniences of the day before, and now there was little else either had to worry about than their time together. He watched her sit up, content to stay where he was for a bit, craning his head to watch her.

"Breakfast sounds nice. And sure. Whatever you wanna do," Aldric smiled, and finally sat up to stretch. "What's on the menu?"

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Good~" she hummed, clearly happy that they both had an amazing night. Valery continued to brush her hair while he watched, smirking a little to herself while she kept her back turned to him so he couldn't see too much. Every opportunity to tease was one she had to take, after all.

When she was finished, and her messy ponytail was restored somewhat, she began to reach around to grab together some clean clothing. "Eggs, bacon, some fruit — nothing too fancy but enough for us," she winked and got up out of the tent to stretch some herself. From around the campsite, she then began to retrieve clothing they had left scattered around before she reached into her backpack to fetch what she needed for breakfast. Another fire was made, and Valery was cooking them a meal not long after.

"I'd like to go explore those caves after we've eaten. From what I read, the Jedi accessed them thousands of years ago. Who knows what we'll find? Maybe some cool artifacts, old wall paintings, or just adventure." She grinned with that sparkle of excitement clearly visible in her eyes.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric just smirked and looked away as Valery made an effort to tease him by turning to the side. After a quick rummaging for fresh clothes, he slid out of the tent and into the morning air, a few of his joints popping as he made an even wider stretch, making him sigh in satisfaction, “Sounds delicious.”

Seeing their mess of clothes around the campsite made him smirk, and he set to helping pick them up so Valery could get started on food. It wasn’t long before a fire was going, and Valery was cooking up a breakfast with a very promising scent.

“Exciting,” Aldric nodded, “Caves it is. I’ll start getting together the equipment,” A few things they might need for some early morning spelunking. With another nod, he set out to do just that, scouring the bags for various tools and gear. "What kinda stuff would ancient Jedi be leaving around in caves anyway?"

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

While she cooked, he cleaned up the mess they created last night, which got her to watch him with a smile. It was still hard to believe just how fast things were going, and while she was still going slow on a few fronts, it was impossible to resist and stop this from naturally developing so quickly.

It just felt right.

"It will be exciting," Valery echoed before she offered him a plate with some eggs and bacon. There was some coffee being prepped too, so she quickly set a mug down for him. Valery loved taking care of those she was really close to, so making him breakfast was a fun little thing for her. "And you calling me ancient now, as well?" she teased with a smirk, "But it can be old texts, Force-imbued items, or even lightsabers and crystals sometimes."

"We just have to be careful because looters may have found it before us, and they could have made things unstable or left behind some trouble."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric rubbed his hands as he sat down for breakfast, immediately taking a big bite of eggs that made him hum in satisfaction. He gave Valery a complimentary nod as he went for the coffee next, only to nearly swallow it down the wrong pipe when she accused him of calling her old, "Depends on if you're the one who was stuffing things in that cave," A smirk, before he finished his drink.

"Good point. Last thing we want is a cave-in," Aldric wasn't necessarily scared of much, but the idea of getting trapped in a claustrophobic pile of underground rocks was probably up there. But at least his partner could just lift rocks with her mind. "And good food, by the way. Get some for yourself?" He asked, still hungrily chowing down on his own plate.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

Valery just beamed him a warm smile when he dug in and showed his approval with a nod. She loved to cook, even if it was this simple, so to see him enjoy it made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. "I might have been," she joked with a chuckle and brought a hand up through her hair before she plopped down and let out a soft sigh.

"We should be fine though. I have a lot of experience with this stuff. A long time ago, I got badly injured, so I took time away from the front and helped the lorekeepers with some exploration and artifact hunting." She flashed a grin and held up a plate to show that she was also eating.

"Just uh, if I tell you not to touch something, best that you really don't. Some artifacts aren't as friendly." it was highly unlikely there were dark side artifacts on Kamparas, but better safe than sorry. The last thing she wanted was for something to try and mind-control, manipulate or torture her new boyfriend. "But it'll be exciting! Some proper adventure and diving into the unknown." There was that dangerous sparkle in her eyes now, that often preceded her going into something wild.

ValSword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom