Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tactical Retreat

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric planted a boot firmly in the slippery dirt slope, finding his footing before offering Valery a hand, “C’mon, we’re wasting daylight,” He smirked. She was hardly lagging behind, but he found it in him to tease her regardless.

Kamparas was a quiet planet, free of the urban sprawl of many other Core Worlds. Long ago it had been set aside as an unspoiled wilderness by the Jedi, and proudly had remained (more or less) that way ever since. Hence, there were few locales more ideal for a day to themselves than here. Away from the prying eyes of more curious parties, they could simply relish in their newfound relationship, and perhaps even learn something new along the way.

The lack of civilization also meant that well paved trails were sorely lacking, leaving the two of them in situations like this more often than they might prefer. “W-woah!” Aldric slid on his feet a bit, before pulling himself around the trunk of a nearby tree. He chuckled, “Hopefully it’s not quite as slick up near the top.”

Today Aldric looked a bit more like a woodsman than a secret agent, dressed for the outdoors experience and hauling a large pack on his back, filled with just about everything they’d need for a bit of camping. He planted his walking stick into the soil once again, and lurched ahead, “So, you ever been here before? Kamparas, that is?”

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | Tank Top | Camping outfit
Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"I'm not that slow," she said with a smirk before she leaned forward, took his hand, and used it to safely hop over the slippery dirt to reach his side of the slope. She made her landing right up against him and looked up into his eyes with a loving smile. This was their first official date together — sure, their Nar Shaddaa adventure ended up a lot spicier than she could have ever imagined, but now it was serious, and they were going to commit to it.

For their first date, they decided on something most wouldn't necessarily consider romantic and appropriate for a starting relationship. It wasn't some fancy dinner, going out for drinks, or a movie; they were going out camping together. Just a few days out in the wilderness alone, and she had forced herself to leave behind her communications device to avoid his glares. All she had was her backpack with gear, and several sets of clothing that were all similar to the tank top she was wearing at the moment. Her hair was in a far messier ponytail, but she felt good looking less polished.

"Careful!" she chuckled playfully after he nearly ended up on his behind. "I'm not carrying you back if you get hurt." If there was going to be any carrying each other around, she wanted to be the one getting carried.

Following him forward, she joined him by his side and just enjoyed the view they had up here. The planet had its fair share of mountainous terrain, with lush forests covering almost all of it. Great rivers and small creaks separated the individual mountains, offering water and refuge to animals of all kinds. "Once before but not to go camping," she said in response to his question, "Just work as always, back when I didn't know what having a personal life was like."

She looked at him, "I did grow up in jungles, so I'm quite used to all of this. What about you? If I recall correctly, you weren't born on Azbrian, right?"

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"I'm not carrying you back if you get hurt."

“Not just gonna leave me behind, are ya?” He fired back with faux concern, “Not a very dignified end for an Alliance superspy.”

Aldric repositioned, and continued the hike up the hill. He offered Valery a grin, more genuine now, as she joined him. Things had been quick to change his life, but it was more than welcome. From living as little more than a countryside hermit on Azbrian, to rejoining the war effort, and now, sharing something much closer with Valery. Something he never would have imagined or believed, had you told him prior.

Aldric took in a deep breath of the crisp air, the scent of dew carrying on the wind and pulling a content sigh from his lips, “That kind of thinking is why I left in the first place,” Too much work, not enough living. Agent work was exciting, necessary even. But he didn’t want to be just that forever.

But he could be persuaded to let his career run a little longer…

“Keshi, or somewhere else?” He inquired, largely unfamiliar with her species’ homeworld. To her own question he nodded, “Dantooine. Which is, frankly, not too dissimilar from Azbrian. Guess that’s why I liked it,” With Dantooine being in Imperial space, he wasn't exactly rushing to head home at the moment, “A bit flatter than Kamparas, but, I find myself drawn to nature wherever I can find it.”

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"A super Spy, huh?" she teased with a big grin, "No, I'd never leave you behind," she said with a warm smile and hip bump into his side, but there was a deeper truth to it that she kept away from conversation for now. Leaving behind Kahlil when he stepped in to save her was still a difficult thing to accept, and she never wanted that to happen again. She wanted this relationship to grow, for them to get closer and maybe take more steps in life together.

But rather than an end filled with heartbreak, more than anything else she desired a peaceful retirement. It was too early to start talking about it already, but she couldn't stop herself from thinking about one day settling down on a place like Azbrian with him. She just had to take this one step at a time.

"I don't blame you, but I hope things will be different this time." She blushed faintly, knowing that she was the one who would help him make this different. They could work together on SIA cases or even out in warzones, and their personal lives had intertwined now as well in the best way imaginable. Although... she would have never imagined herself finding a man like him after everything. He was just too perfect.

"Born on Keshi but I remember very little of it. I was brought to the Jedi on the New Cov Enclave when I was very little, so I grew up in the jungles and sanctuary there," Valery said before she listened to his story about Dantooine and how it compared to Kamparas. The comment about it being flatter got her to smirk, as her brain was wired to be in the gutter around him a little too much. That explains a lot, she thought to herself.

"But I agree, and it's why I still like the Temple on New Cov better than the Coruscant one. Nature has its appeal, so I was really excited when you asked me out for this trip. Just us two... mountains and forests, and whatever we want to do..." she let her voice trail off and took hold of his hand to gently squeeze it.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric rolled his eyes and waggled his brows, “I like to think so,” All in jest. He was a bit too humble to make such a claim genuinely, but found it amusing all the same. To her more genuine comeback he smiled, chuckling as she bumped her hip against his, “Likewise.”

They continued up the hill, both of their imaginations following the same path. A future, perhaps still a ways off, but the reverie couldn’t be helped. From the son of a farmer, to a rebel, to a secret agent, all the way to farmer in his own right, and finally back to a secret agent, there was only one thing that Aldric truly wanted to be: A family man. And his last chance at that dream fell apart, “...I’ve got a feeling they will…” He smirked, before turning back onto the path.

Valery was someone he could see himself with. Someone who he cared for, and could keep pace with him. Hell, could outpace him. Run circles around him if she really wanted to. She was a Jedi master, after all. “Right,” He nodded. It was sometimes easy to forget that part of being a Jedi, especially from her time, was just how early training started.

“Iiii’ve got a couple ideas,” Aldric grinned, his hand finding hers, “Once we get unpacked, we’ll get to start on the fun stuff.” He was having fun already, but much longer on the trail and they’d no doubt be ready for a break. Thankfully, the top of the wooded hill wasn’t much farther, “The New Cov Temple still around?” Valery seemed to imply as much, but he was unfamiliar.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

Valery chuckled and shifted from her teasing grin to a loving smile, "You're one of the best, and you're definitely my super spy." A bit cheesy? Maybe, but it's how she really felt about him. He was everything she wanted in a partner and more — strong, physically attractive but also loving, caring, and the right type to start a family with. If there was one thing she hoped to achieve in life still, it would be to have her family last until they were old together.

A long way from now, but the journey there had started and excited her greatly.

He also seemed to feel that things would be different this time, which only gave her more hope for the future and more confidence in herself.

"A few ideas, hmm?" she looked at him curiously and interlaced fingers. This part of the path was safe enough, so she cared more about just being close than having both hands available for the climb up. "We can set up our tent at the top of the hill, and explore a little. Get some food ready, relax and just... enjoy the time we have." She was so happy that Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren could watch her daughter for a few days, or she'd never have the time to explore things like this.

It just meant she had to explain herself, which got her Padawan to demand meeting Aldric. Another thing to bring up soon.

"Kahlil had the Temple rebuilt as a surprise gift a while ago, so it's around. I would really like to take you there soon and show you a few places important to me. Oh and uh... my Padawans want to meet you," she said, referring to both Briana and Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , who had expressed interest in it. Iris Arani Iris Arani likely would be there too, so it was going to be a whole thing.

For now, though, it was just the two of them.

"Any special places you'd like to visit again? I would love to join you."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric grinned more widely, unable to help a more bashful blush at her cheesy line. It was sweet, and he could find it in him to appreciate a bit of sappiness. "A few," He echoed with a smirk, playing needlessly close to his chest about the details. They continued up hand in hand, nearly cresting the apex, where the soil thankfully had a little more traction, "Sounds wonderful."

As she spoke of Kahlil his smile remained, but softened. It was one of those scars that would perhaps never truly heal, but he was glad Valery could find it in her to move forward with her life all the same. It was a history that would forever be a part of her, just as his wife was to him. Aldric's then abruptly widened at the mention of her students, "They found out, huh?" Another beat, before the plurality actually registered with him, "Padawans?"

It was strange to him that he actually felt a little nervous about the idea. He would get over it with time, but it was simply a step they had not yet taken. If nothing else, he could find some amusement in the potential. A council of young jedi, ushering him forth for judgment. To her other question, he hummed in thought for a few long moments, "Nowhere in particular, but… I would like to see somewhere tropical, for once." Aldric chuckled, "Secretly I hoped a mission would one day take me to a place like that, but it never did." Well, some had, but he hardly got a chance to actually enjoy the landscape, with work being what it was.

"Heere we are," He said, finally reaching the top of the hill, which had a rather aesthetically pleasing grove in the middle of it, perfect for their camping setup. He dropped his bag to the ground with a thud, sloughing off the weight to rest for a moment.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

The fact he wasn't willing to share too many details about his ideas was probably a good thing — it just kept her more excited, and it would eventually be rewarded with ideas of her own. She had some already, and it made her really look forward to this trip as a whole. Not really just because of the ideas, but mostly because of who she got to share this time with. It had been too long, and the feeling of exploring it all again was amazing.

"They did find out. I asked my oldest Padawan to watch Vera while I went on this trip, and she insisted on knowing the reason. I couldn't lie to her," she chuckled and thought about the group as a whole for a second, and how much they had grown and changed over the years. From difficult and overly eager, to being responsible enough to take care of a child. "Oh yeah, I have four of them, but three especially will be wanting to meet very soon."

She watched him respond to it and felt his nervousness through the Force a little. Of course, she wasn't going to be confrontational about that. "I'm sure they'll like you, though. They just want me to be happy, and well... you're very good at that." Quite an understatement, as shown by her grin.

"A tropical planet, hm? Well, maybe after our next mission together, we can go for a small vacation to one? Just you and me~" she hummed with a sing-song voice while she moved out in front of him, turned to face him, and walked backward so she could smile into his eyes while she swayed from side to side a little. The idea of going to a tropical planet with him sounded great. Fancy dinners, good weather, going to a beach...

her daydreaming was interrupted as they also finally reached the top, which got her to turn around and admire the view for a moment. It was beautiful, and exactly the kind of peaceful solitude she wanted to enjoy with him. "This is... perfect," she said with fire in her eyes before she dropped her bag and just stood there for a moment to take it all in.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric chuckled a bit, only to cut off abruptly, "Four?" He whistled, "I dunno how you find the time, lady." She managed to assuage some of his uncurrent of nervousness, though, and he went right back to smiling, "I aim to please~" He uttered once more, effectively coining the line as a catchphrase at this rate. A glint passed his eye fleetingly as she walked out in front of him, "You know I'm on board for that," He then added, with a shrug, "As long as we make time for somewhere you wanna go, too."

After taking his brief respite at the top of the hill, Aldric begrudgingly picked his bag back up and moved it into the clear, snatching up Valery's along the way too, "I thought so too," It seemed as promising a locale as any when he planned out this trip. He crouched down and began pulling out the tent supplies, beginning the methodical process of setting it up, "Just gotta…" Aldric paused, sticking out his tongue in concentration, fiddling with the tentpole, "Get through all the annoying stuff first. Mind lending a hand?"

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Heyyy... two of them will be Knights very soon, so it's not that bad," she said with a sheepish smile. The idea of her first two Padawans becoming knights was still terrifying to her, and it showed in those protective eyes of hers. But she was also incredibly proud of them both for it. The fact it opened up a lot of free time certainly helped as well, and she knew she wasn't going to spend it taking on even more students.

That time was for Vera and now for Aldric.

At his little catchphrase, Valery just smirked and rolled her eyes. He really was great at it, but she had to give him a hard time sometimes too, so he'd put in a little extra effort. A fun game to play between them both. "I want to go to a tropical place as well if it's with you," she said as she squeezed his hand again. "But I'll pick something too for the time after that. New Cov is definitely on the list, but that'll be less of a vacation." It would be a chance for him to learn more about her, and similarly, she wanted to really get to know him too.

While she set away her backpack, she looked over her shoulder and watched him work, fully concentrated. It got her to almost giggle a little but she did step over to help him set up the tent. Some mats and insulation sheets were then placed inside to keep the warmth in at night, and she prepared their bed. No way that she was sleeping alone in a bedroll. "This will be cozy..." she said after they finished setting up. The tent wasn't huge but just big enough for them both - perfect, in her eyes.

"What's next, babe?"

It was still so exciting to call him that. This was really happening, and not just a dream.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"That so?" Aldric said warmly, "Impressive. Must be exciting." He noted the look in her eye, adding, "...And a bit scary." He couldn't claim to be intimate with all the customs of a Jedi, but he knew the ties between a teacher and student were formed over the course of many years, into a bond that verged on familial. Much like seeing one's own children grow up, he could only presume emotions were ambivalent. He squeezed her hand in return, and nodded, "Sure. I'll follow you wherever," He grinned, sharing a similar sentiment.

Together they set up the tent in good time, and Aldric stood up, dusting off his hands as he examined the fruits of their labor, "It'll do nicely," He looked to Valery with a glimmer in his eyes. They'd both fit, and that was about all they needed.

"Next-" Aldric looked around, "Whatever we want. Got a few ideas, like I said…" He crouched down and began to pull more things out of his bag, "Could start working on a campfire, and some food. Maybe go fishing at that creek we saw. Or, set up some targets and practice your shooting, maybe," He grinned slyly at his last point, "Whatever you're feeling. We've got time for it all and more."

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

She was about two seconds away from shooting him a glare for his question, but the comments he added afterward got her to smile and nod in acknowledgment, "I've never been good at letting them go. My Padawans mean a lot to me, so to see them grow up is quite a thing," she admitted, making it clear she was quite proud of them at the same time too. After the squeeze of hands, the tent was then set up, and she raised the question of what to do next.

"Whatever we want, hmm?" she smirked and watched him crouch down to grab a few things from his backpack. Starting a fire, going for some fishing — it all sounded relaxing, but the offer that followed about shooting practice got her to blink. Is that why he asked her to bring along her blaster pistols?

"...are you trying to say I'm a terrible shot?" A dangerous question because she was, but saying it...

She grumbled a little and grabbed the two pistols from her own backpack before she began to strap the holsters to herself. For now, she left the weapons holstered inside of them, and turned back to Aldric, "Alright, let's start with some shooting, then. Teach me how it's done," she teased with a wink.

If people thought she was dangerous with a lightsaber, they had never seen her with blasters before. This would likely be a challenge, but hopefully a fun one.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"I'd imagine. I'm sure you've been a wonderful mentor for them. They'll grow up to be great Jedi."

He smirked back as they continued, only for his brow to tick upwards at her second question. Internal alarms began blaring in his mind, warning him to tread very carefully with his response. Then, Aldric plastered a lopsided grin on his face, "...There's always room for improvement," A clear non-answer, though his expression was enough to show that he knew it, and was taking quite a bit of enjoyment in teasing her.

Valery took his offer up all the same, and he sighed quietly to himself knowing that he wouldn't have to sleep outside of the tent tonight. Probably. "Great, I'll set up some targets." He pulled out a collection of clay targets from his bag, and looked around the outskirts of the grove for a good shooting area. He settled on a row of trees with heavy branches, resting the targets on top of their limbs at various distances that very nebulously equated to close range, mid range, and long range.

Aldric then pulled out his own pistol, checked the magazine, and racked it, "Alright, just line up abouuut here. To start, just... give it a few shots. On your own. I wanna see how you do." He smirked, and stood back to watch.

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

Another moment of silence passed when he answered her minefield question, but the smirk that tugged at the corners of her lips showed he'd live to see another day. As long as he stayed clear of any other mines, of course. Valery pulled the two pistols from her holsters and watched him set up the clay targets at various ranges.

Kahlil had taught her how to shoot, and she had been forced into situations where she needed it a few times. But she didn't have years of practice, nor did she use it often in the field. This would be a fun little challenge for her.

"Just stay cleared. I don't want to hit you and ruin that cute face of yours," she smirked, leveled her pistols, and took a few seconds. Her tongue pushed out between her lips in concentration but slipped back in when she pulled the trigger. The targets at close-range were almost effortlessly blasted apart, showing her prior training well enough. The mid-range targets were a bit trickier already, but at long range... she might as well have been shooting blindly.

She sighed and turned her eyes to him after missing three consecutive shots at a further target. "...pistols aren't made for long-range?" she smiled sheepishly but knew he'd probably hit them without a problem.

"I also only shot actual moving targets a few times, so I don't have much experience..."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric stroked his chin, and chuckled, "You wouldn't risk it," He moved back all the same, not one to shirk gun safety, making sure to telegraph a few exaggerated steps as a way of teasing her further about her aim. But as she started he watched with a more genuine interest, even finding himself smirking a bit at the cute look of concentration on her face.

The first targets were hit easy enough, proving her point about prior training, to which he raised his palms in mock surrender. As she went longer range though, the struggle was a bit more evident. Aldric nodded a bit, pulling out his own blaster, "You're not wrong. But with a bit of training it's simple enough. Especially with a blaster," He raised the pistol, steadied his aim, and fired at one of the long range targets, making it burst into pieces. More quickly he shot the one right next to it as well, before raising the gun near his lips and blowing on the barrel as if to show off. Given that it was a stationary target, the display was largely unwarranted, "Blaster bolts don't drag. If you're working with a slugthrower, slugs get pulled down by gravity, affecting your aim at long range. Which can get even more complicated accounting for different gravities on different planets." They were plenty useful in other ways, though. They merely required more training to wield.

His gaze flicked down to her pistol again, and he smirked, "You remember how to reload, right?"

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"You wouldn't risk it,"

"Don't challenge me," she teased back, and while he began to take exaggerated steps to distance himself, she slowly turned her pistols in his direction, following his movements but never quite actually having the barrel aimed at him. A final wink followed, and then it was time to concentrate, which he undoubtedly found amusing, but she was too focused to comment on it. The exercise was completed, and she was quite happy with her results, even if she completely missed the long-range targets.

She knew Kahlil would still be proud of her, but right now, his approval meant the most.

"Told you so," she said in a slightly childish way before she rolled her eyes at his display and the blowing against the barrel, "Alright Mr. hotshot super spy, I get it," she smirked and clearly couldn't hide that she was actually impressed, and even a little aroused. He really was badass to her, but she wasn't going to say that and blow up his ego. It was much more fun to play difficult and make him work for compliments and rewards a little.

Until, of course, she could no longer resist anymore.

"You remember how to reload, right?"

Now there was a glare.

But it faded quickly when she needed a second too long to find the release switch for the gas canister and power cell. When she found it, she unloaded the weapon and reached for her gunbelt to reload. It was a slow process, but her ammo capacity was pretty good, so she wouldn't have to reload again today.

"Why don't we spice this up? Set them to really low power, and go up against each other?" she then asked with a grin, clearly wanting to get back at him a little. "If I hit you or complete some other challenge, I pass my training. How's that sound?"

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"But that's when its fun," Aldric grinned, flinching ever so slightly as she turned towards him, but finding relief as she responsibly kept the barrels away from his body. He liked seeing her more fiery side come out, and a bit of good natured poking was an effective way to get it.

The agent finished with a flair, and quickly used her words against her, "Super spy, eh?" He cocked a brow. It didn't take long for him to push her a little farther, and the glare made his eyes widen. Valery proved her experience all the same, and offered a challenge of her own. Aldric stroked his chin in thought, "Tempting… Alright, Jedi, I accept your challenge. But… just what am I getting out of this deal?" Already he was setting the blaster intensity to training settings.

There was no denying just how much fun it was to tease, challenge and poke at each other. Just the way looked at her and flinched when she made it look like she'd shoot him was enough to get her to grin, and he seemed to like that spicy side of her too.

She could have never imagined that their dynamic would be this good so quickly, but after only meeting with him a few times after picking him up from Azbrian, she felt it was perfect.

"Mhmm," she hummed with a grin while he considered the challenge and offered some input. "The joy of helping your girlfriend get better at shooting?" She smiled innocently but knew she had to offer something as well. And just some fun tonight was probably not enough either, since they'd both benefit from that.

"You'll get whatever you want. I can help you with something in retuen maybe? I know you're a good fighter but I have some...fun hand-to-hand tricks and techniques."

Of course, some brawling and grappling would be fun to her as well.

"But name your price, babe."

(Phone post)

Aldric Laurent

A
"The joy of helping your girlfriend get better at shooting?"

Aldric smirked, "Something tells me that's the outcome I should settle for… but I'm feeling lucky," He paced a few steps, steepling his fingers like a slimy businessman about to make some sort of proposal, "Hand-to-hand, hm? Some secret Jedi techniques, maybe? I could find that agreeable… And I'm sure you could as well…" A knowing glint struck his eye before he continued, "I have one other request, though…" A pause for dramatic effect, only for him to abruptly take on a more casual tone, "Let me hold the lightsaber. Please? Just for a little bit."

He'd never actually gotten to do that before. What better opportunity than when you're dating a Jedi master?

"In the meantime, though, let's begin. We each start at opposite ends of the grove. Starting with pistols holstered. Deal?"

Location | Kamparas
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Something tells me that's the outcome I should settle for… but I'm feeling lucky,"

Now that piqued her interest, and while he seemed interested in her proposal for some hand-to-hand training, which very clearly excited her if he looked at the grin forming, there was something else he wanted too. The dramatic pause got her to narrow her eyes and lean forward a little, curious as to what it could be.

"I'm listening..."

"Let me hold the lightsaber. Please? Just for a little bit."

For a few seconds, there was a deadpan stare. Seriously? she thought. Of all the things he could ask her, he just wanted to hold her weapon like it was some fancy toy. But... she relented, and let out a soft sigh, "Fine, but after training and promise me not to make any lightsaber sounds while you hold it," she said with a smirk.

"And that sounds good. Let's do this." She holstered her pistols and moved away from him to create some distance, so they had time to find cover or try some clever tactics. Valery kept it simple though and waited until they were both ready before she sprinted to a nearby tree and drew only one of her pistols. What to do first?

She peaked around the tree and decided to fire a few bolts his way in an attempt to suppress him in his position, before sprinting to a tree that was just a little closer to get cover again.

ValSword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom