Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Taanabian Spirit II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
latest.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Medical/Hydroponics Cruiser
  • Length: 1000 m
  • Width: 442 m
  • Height: 220 m
  • Armament: Very Low (12 Point defense quad laser cannons)
  • Defenses: Extreme (Reinforced duraplast armor, Reinforced durasteel frame, Ablative armor, Heavy deflector shields, Heavy Ion Shielding, Missile jammers)
  • Hangar Space: Low: 4
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 3-0 (Variable)
    • Support Craft:1-4 (Variable)
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: 0.8
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Central A.I.
  • Hydroponics Bay: A leftover from her days are the Dawn Star, the Taanabian Spirit II's hydroponics bay allows it to grow its own supplies. While this bay use to be filled with plants that could be eaten, now it's mostly used for medical herbs.
  • Advanced Medical Center: Built in what was a lower cargo bay, the ships medical center is quite advanced, and outfitted with the best medical equipment available.
  • Expanded passenger compartments: The old warhorse was refitted with more passenger space long ago, but these compartments have been further expanded, even with the lower crew requirements. This allows her to assist in evac mission.
STRENGTHS
  • Extreme durable and heavily defended, particularly against ion, energy, and explosive weapons thanks to ion shielding, reinforced duraplast, and ablative armor.
  • Extensive medical and relief capabilities.
  • Boosted engines allowing for excellent speed and agility for a cruiser.
  • Class 0.8 hyperdrive
WEAKNESSES
  • Practically no armament for its size.
  • The ships central A.I. can be quite independent, and willing to bend some rules at times.
  • Being built from an older warship, there is the small chance of misidentification.
  • Ablative armor is limited due to burning away to function.
DESCRIPTION
Originally known as the Dawn Star, the Taanabian Spirit II is a heavily modified Firebrand-class cruiser that's been operating since before the fall of Mandalore. Originally a standard artillery cruiser, the Dawn Star was stripped of her weapons system to repair other vessels in the fleet of survivors from Concord Dawn. After being stripped of her weapons systems, she was converted into a hydroponics ships to help make some of the fleet's own food. After serving in this role, and with Clan Gred settling in Taanab, the Down Star was for all intents and purposes mothballed until a new mission for the vessel was decided on. And with that she would again receive an extensive refit, and with it a name change to Taanabian Spirit after a Nebulan-B2 that had been lost during Hammerfall. Along with this, while technically being operated by both Clan Gred and Tal, it has mostly moved to operating with Clan Tal's medical fleet.

With her many refits, the Taanabian Spirit has become an extremely capable medical and relief ship, along with being fitted with almost unbreakable defenses and a Central A.I. unit. At the same time the cruise has extremely limited defensive weapons, and it's A.I. can be somewhat ironically willing to bend some rules to get relief jobs done.

Last edited:
Heya! Cool ship idea, and I love the fluff behind it. However, there are a few issues that will need to be addressed.
  • Production Information:
    • Must list a market status. Not applicable is not appropriate here.
  • Technical Specifications:
    • For a Hangar Space Value of ‘Low’, the value listed is underpowered. Per the table for cruisers at 1000m in length, low equates to a hangar value of 4. Please adjust.
    • Hangar Allocations: Since this is a unique ship, commit to hard quantities for starfighters and support craft.
    Strengths:
    • The 0.8 Hyperdrive rating must be listed as a strength.
    • Per your own submission for the ablative armor, I quote: “Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.” Please specifically list the ablative armor, and elaborate as to its implementation upon the craft.
    Weaknesses:
    • Considering more strengths need to be added, I recommend adding at least (1) major weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom