Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Symbosys

Status
Not open for further replies.
scream_by_ronmarz1-dacf0k4.jpg

lasher_by_thesuperiorxaviruiz-d81m3sq.png

drnJEzT.jpg

YcYycyw.jpg

marvel-venom-premium-format-figure-feature-300456-1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Symbosys Symbosysia(pl.)
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Homeworld: N/A
  • Language: Galactic Basic,
  • Average Lifespan: 1,000 years.
  • Estimated Population: Rare (A few groups, often limited to a single world)
  • Description: While humanoid in appearance, it is obvious they are not humans, their body is in constant shift as if they are liquid. Their bodies can morph weapons and they can shift their body into any shape. Their body is described as being able to turn from liquid to solid with ease. In its natural form, the species is a puddle that in adolescent become able to retain humanoid shape.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Due to similar organ biology as Givin, they can survive in most atmosphere and limited periods in vacuum.
  • Average height of adults: 6'-8' or 1.82m - 2.44m
  • Average length of adults: In liquid form, 1m
  • Skin color: Variety colours, common colours can include, black, red, violet, green or a mixture of those.
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: Distinctions within the Symbosys is mostly their colours, they can be a variety of colours and even a mixture. There is female identifying Symbosysia and male ones. Younger Symbosysia are more bloodthirsty than older Symbosysia.
  • Races: Generally it is thought that the distinct colours represents a different personality trait of the species. So, people believe Black Parasymbosysia are intelligent, cunning and aggressive. Black Parasymbosysia are usually hired by crime lords as bodyguards or grunts in battles. Red Symbosysia are hyper-aggressive, very cunning, high bloodlust and moderate intelligence. Red Symbosysia are usually assassins or grunts thrown into battle. They usually affiliate themselves with Dark Siders and hunger for organic life more than other Symbosys. Violet Symbosys are highly intelligent, flirtatious and moderate aggression. Violet Symbosysia tend to be more female in their appearance, increased telepathic powers over the others and often seek to be leaders rather than be lead. Green Symbosysia are the most passive but still dangerous and can be provoked into aggression, highly intelligent and often find themselves aligned with Light Siders. Mixture of colours is assumed to be a mixture of personalities but this is not exact.
  • Strengths:
  • Longevity, can survive most attacks that would kill other humanoids,
  • Not having organs like most humanoids, their body can be split by melee/projectile attacks which can then reform back into the humanoid shape. These projectiles can be regenerated over a period of time, longer time to recover the more projectiles are used.
  • increased strength, agility and dexterity.
  • Limbs can morph into weapons and their bodies can morph into any shape due to its liquid like form. They can create melee weapons like swords and axes, and can throw spear-like objects. These melee weapons are just as dangerous as standard melee weapons.
  • Can shoot projectiles from its body. These spear-like projectiles are sharp and can pierce most standard armour.
  • Can absorb projectiles from slugthrowers. Their liquid-like form means that projectiles from slugthrowers go through the body and the Symbosys does not feel any pain from the attack.
  • Can survive for limited periods in vacuum and can breathe most atmospheres due to their Givin like biology.
  • Weaknesses:
  • Sonic attacks, sonic attacks render the Symbosys unable to move and high frequency attacks will turn them into puddles unable to do anything for several hours after the sonic attack has finished.
  • fire is seen as terrifying to the Symbosysia as the fire causes them actual pain and makes it difficult for the Symbosysia to keep a humanoid shape and intense heat can even kill Symbosysia by making them evaporate
  • unable to maintain strength if not fed regularly,
  • being frozen solid, it is impossible for them to move and when the ice is shattered they are killed. They also remain frozen, unable to move or change shape.
  • Lightsabers, other Lightsabers like weapons, cauterise the Symbosysia making it difficult for them to reform into humanoid shape. It is very difficult to kill one with these times of weapons but not impossible. Blaster fire can kill Symbosysia, however it takes many shots and most people use heavy repeating blaster cannons to do this.
  • can cut them into pieces which reduces them into puddle like forms.
  • Unable to connect to the Force. The species as a whole cannot use the Force but are not Force Dead.
  • Takes time for them to reassemble from a puddle form into a humanoid shape. Depending on the amount of damage varies the time it takes to reassemble. If a Symbosys has severe injuries then they can spend 24 hours recovering and reforming into a humanoid shape.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Other beings, any life form. Poisonous to them is any organic life them consume that has been poisoned or is poisonous.
  • Communication: Galactic Basic, telepathy, writing, Syspathy (native language.)
  • Technology level: Standard technology level
  • Religion/Beliefs: Believed themselves to be the strongest race alive and that they will one day consume all life in the galaxy or rule all other races. However, with the increase technological advances their God-like view became lessened in the minds humanoid species. Revolts were common against Symbosysia who were revered once as Gods now that common folk had weapons able to kill Symbosysia, minor radical groups do still believe themselves superior to others and refuse to be subservient. Small groups of others serve other races to fulfil their blood-lust and need to feed.
  • General behavior: Symbosysia do not believe in family life or values, they believe that young should be able to survive on their own, especially since the young look like adults. They reproduce asexually so do not seek mates, however, when they are ready to reproduce they do become increasingly aggressive. Their history is shared orally and have genetic memory of their parents as well.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Symbosysia first were thought to originate from an unknown world in the Unknown Regions, however, some catastrophic event caused the world to be destroyed and only asteroids of the world survived. This meant that the Symbosys were scattered across the galaxy and landed on a variety of worlds. Ones with life, which were at a more primeval stage would end up being forced to worship the Symbosys as a deity due to their many strengths and longevity. However, some Symbosysia faced danger in the form of newly discovered weaknesses, such as sonic attacks or fire. Lightsabers were also a new danger to the race, often finding themselves hunted by the Jedi Order for attacking or killing many people. Due to the Jedi Order's passive mindset, the Symbosys species were furious with weak willed beings able to killed them or severely injuring them.The Sith Order sought out the Symbosysia in order to fight Jedi and Republic forces. There was at first resistance as the race thought themselves too superior to work for another race. Sith race deceived the race with lies of offering Force Powers to the race as a gift. From then on, the Sith would often seek the Symbosysia to train or cause chaos on worlds to draw Jedi attention away from themselves. Sadly the Symbosys as a race are unable to connect to the Force.

As time went on, the Symbosys became less influential in the Galactic battles, with the Sith being thought as wiped out and the Jedi posing too much threat with talk of purging the few Symbosys that existed to their knowledge. The Symbosys became part of the Hutt Cartel crew, often as guards to high level Hutts or hitmen, killing their enemies this was done for resources and with promises of materials to protect them from Lightsabers and other dangerous weapons to Symbosysia. When the first Galactic Empire rose, many Symbosys saw chance to regrow into a powerful race, to prove they were more than a child's nightmare, that they were gods still once more. Most worked closely with the Emperor, doing his bidding as they hunted remaining Jedi and were taught how to fight and kill them.

After the success of the Rebellion and the installation of the New Republic, the Symbosysia that had served the Empire were hunted down for their crimes. Some were caught and imprisoned but many were able to hide from the New Republic. They supported the First Order during the reign of Supreme Leaders Snoke and Kyrel Ren, and often helped the Order in fighting the Resistance, however, none of the Symbosysia workings were official. Attacking Resistance troops, their skills and natural strengths allowed them to take down squads of Resistance while only working in small groups. It made the race highly desirable to demoralising the Resistance, especially since no reports were given to how the Resistance soldiers were killed.

From then on, many Symbosysia worked in fighting the Lightside and supporting empires that rose and fell. During the Gulag plague, there was fear that the Symbosysia might finally become extinct due to their low numbers. However, after the dark years when the Galaxy was able to spread out once more, it was known that most Symbosysia had survived the plague, though still low in numbers. They are now even more spread out, with variety of factions to support, Symbosysia are hidden all over. Some still plotting to become the Gods of the Galaxy, they serve only those they deem worthy.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Apologies for the delay in judging this, I wanted to read it over a few times and let it roll around in my head for a few days. That said, there somethings that need addressed:
  • Please lower the average lifespan of these creatures. I'm not going to accept something that can live a thousand or more years.
  • Can you change the strengths and weaknesses to a list form please? As they are, it is a bit hard to read.
  • Also in regards to strength and weaknesses, wouldn't a lightsaber or blaster evaporate part of their bodies?
  • Also once more in regards to strengths and weaknesses, consuming a poisoned individual and getting poisoned in turn isn't a weakness. That is just a natural thing that will happen to anything that does so. Remove this.
  • Also once more in regards to strengths and weaknesses, what are the limitations on the weapons they can produce from their body?
  • What is syspathy?

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    increasing aggressively
    should be increasingly aggressive.
These are my initial thoughts, but more might potentially come up as we go.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Hey, I don't mind, can understand some take longer than others. I made the relevant changes like you asked bar one. I did not change the lifespan of the race, just because I know there are many, many other races out there that live over a thousand years and in fact Chaos created species that have well over a 1,000 year lifespan.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/109137-sanguinius-vampirika/?p=1560337

As an example, I just want to point that out.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

My apologies once again for the delay, I've been pondering this and been busy with school stuff. Anywho, each submission is judged on its own merits, just like in the Factory, but thank you for bringing that submission to our attention. List of further things to change or clarify is as follows:
  • I'll be willing to accept the 1,000 years as research shows Anzati and Gen'dai can live far longer.

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    they can shift their body into any shape.
    What limitations does this have?

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    Violet Symbosysia tend to be more female in their appearance, increased telepathic powers over the others
    How strong is this telepathy in comparison to others of their species?

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    can survive most attacks that would kill other humanoids,
    Clarify and expand this point for me.

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    Can shoot projectiles from its body.
    How powerful are these projectiles? What kind of damage are we going to see?

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    Can absorb projectiles from slugthrowers.
    How do they do this?

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    fire, unable to maintain strength if not fed regularly, being frozen solid,
    Explain to me how exactly each of these weaknesses is different for the Symbosys when they would also be weaknesses for most organic life.

• Yuroic Xeraic said:
    Takes time for them to reassemble from a puddle form into a humanoid shape.
    How long does this take?

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

My deepest deepest apologies for the wait on this, I was in DC and the hotel would not let me connect to the site. So my only remaining thing is that, much like fire, a lightsaber or blaster would have the same effect, just on a smaller scale. Include that these can kill them as well, albeit takes a lot longer, and I'll stamp this as pending.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Codex subs should be objective information. There should be 'Unknown'. The 1,000 years you have will suffice.
  • Are they blobs of goo or humanoids by default?
  • Given the historical information, Rare seems like a more appropriate designation for the Population field.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • To the best of my knowledge, there is little to nothing in canon supporting sentient species not requiring the ability to breath. Please specify which type of atmosphere this species breaths. If it is capable of surviving in vacuum for a limited time, please add that to strengths.
  • To be clear, the species is not Force dead, but rather incapable of being Force sensitive?
  • Your first strength appears to be split into two bullet points.
  • Does each species have a limited number of projectiles they can launch from their matter? Or do they regenerate whatever matter they're composed of?
CULTURE
  • If Symbosis believe themselves to be innumerably superior to other species, why/how did they become subordinate and subservient to factions chiefly comprised and led by these lesser species?

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Hey, sorry. I will get back to these but currently needing a LOA so could you archive this with a note allowing me to return this at a later date?

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

I could argue that Purrgil are put as seni-sentient and breathe in vacuum. However, I have made the changes and think it is fair to have them with limited ability to survive in space.

All other issues have been addressed hopefully.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

OOC INFORMATION
  • I'm going to need you to put all the images in spoilers.
CULTURE / HISTORICAL INFORMATION
  • I'd additionally like for you to better explain how their god complex is thrown aside. One of the main reasons for subservience is others' ability to kill them. Their primary enemies were the Jedi, so why didn't they become subservient or allied to them? Why would they align with those who don't kill them? I realize it sounds stupid, but the way you describe it, it sounds like being conquered is the way to make them subservient.
  • Then you mention joining other factions, essentially as henchmen. Is the abandonment of the perception of being superior a collective thought in the species, or a minority one?
  • Why would they align with anyone at all to satisfy bloodlust and hunger when they could target anyone? I'm just looking for some more consistency with the aforementioned points.
  • Are you talking about the canon First Order or the Chaos First Order?

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Hopefully this revision will be enough for you now. I did state more clearly it was talking about the canon First Order as well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom