Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWTOR - Knights of the Fallen Empire

I love this new expansion that SWTOR is doing.

Who has played it so far? What are your thoughts?

This is where I also heavily plug in that we have a Chaos Guild in SWTOR for both Imp and Republic side on Ebonhawk, lol. ( if you want to join just contact me or [member="Alric Kuhn"] )

But seriously, what are your thoughts?

Note, for anyone interested in this discussion, there will be heavy spoilers. So you have been warned!

I have played 'til... chapter 9, I think. I stopped right before Anarchy in Paradise, and I am really, really, really surprised at how good the expansion has been so far.

The story is good, the characters as well, it feels more like a singleplayer experience.

I am happy with it!

@Cira @Darth Carach

Yeah I haven't played since around that same point I am sure. I am curious about the whole old Companions versus new companions. I could have sworn I read that it would be a mix. Like maybe you would be able to keep one or two of the old ones but every time a run into one of the old guys with the exception of that creepy droid chick in Chapter 7//8 they are always like "hey you're still alive awesome..........just gonna be over here doing my own thing peace out."

The story seems interesting enough though so I may pick it back up again at some point and see what the new chapters look like.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Um, Disavowed was the last chapter I played, certainly was fun with that little puzzle. Not sure how people got confused with it, only thing about it that was annoying was all the running and how I couldn't use my speeder. :/

It's pretty great so far, I think.

more fighting cinematics tho

Blazing Eye

B
I like it. I've only played it all the way through with a bounty hunter, and even then i haven't finished disavowed, but from what I've seen it has an absolutely excellent story.

Blazing Eye

B
I like it. I've only played it all the way through with a bounty hunter, and even then i haven't finished disavowed, but from what I've seen it has an absolutely excellent story.

So I'll go against the grain here lol.

I am highly disappointed in this expansion.

Positives:
[+] Solo Campaign
[+] Start at 60 tokens
[+] Fast leveling
[+] Overhaul of companion system

Negatives:
[-] Choices matter - They don't
[-] Nothing "unique" - no diversity or acknowledgment really of the individual classes.
[-] Not a force user? - Youre treated like one now!
[-] Losing my companions - Theres a reason I wont start this on my main Jedi Guardian (not losing my kira romance without knowing if/when I will get her back).
[-] Sub Rewards - Send a poll asking people what we want for sub rewards. Overwhelming majority want companions, mounts, or cartel coins. What do we get? Ship droid skins, hk based weapons, everything hk, hk, hk.
[-] Change to servers - there is no more rp, pvp, rppvp, or pve servers. Its all the same now which makes it hard for new rpers to figure out what server is best.
[-] Koth. F'ing Koth.

[member="Jake Daniels"]
Well different stuff does happen if you make various choices. Some in the first chapter. I won't say because of spoilers. But how can you say its the same?

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

But the problem is nothing really impacts the story; at all. I will give you that the occassional decision can have an impact on secondary characters but when it comes to the overall story absolutely nothing is impactful. At all (at least not yet) and that's not how it was sold. Whether or not a multitude of people misunderstood bioware during their hype train for this expansion or not; they dropped the ball. Many, many people took it as from the start your decisions will have an impact as you progress through the chapters yet we're... what at chapter 11/12 now? There's no impact. Here's just three little examples (key note there are spoilers below so click at your own risk):

• Whether you take valkorians power or not, doesn't matter. He'll either force his will on you and you use it or you just take it.
  • About the part where Valkorian gives you his power to fight Arcaan. Yeah a bunch of innocents die in the background as a result but there is absolutely no follow up to this side effect at all. Ultimately both choices lead to the exact same outcome; you lose this fight story wise.
  • Saving Lana when shes "injured"? Regardless the choice has no impact on her fate from a supposidly dangerous wound.

Now again there are some decisions that do have a impact on the story in the later chapters

• Let Kaliyo blow shiz up? You lose Koth as a companion as he quits. Nice touch. This act of terrorism impacts that story but it comes so absolutely late but then again; someone else just takes Koths place as your pilot and the story just moves on without him. No ultimate everlasting impact (as of now). Given that he helped find the gravestone, his skills as its pilot should have been addressed in far more detail.

My biggest fear is playing out thus far which is why Im doing this on two toons making complete opposite choices. Everything is leading to the exact same outcome. No real deviation in plot at all. Thats a huge concern; especially when I was sold initially on the concept "choices matter". it should have been sold as "minor choices matter".

[member="Darth Kentarch"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I would like to amend my earlier statement about choices not mattering. The newest installment of KOTFE Chapter 13 left me awestruck honestly. By far my most favored chapter that didn't just say "choice will be remembered" but actually showed me. I thought it was well done.

Of course I tried to keep this spoiler free but I will admit here and now that my earlier assumption of choices not mattering doesn't apply in this chapter. In this chapter; choices damn well mattered lol. Now onto Valiens point; I am starting to agree that there doesnt seem a way to finish this story by chapter 16 which is the end of season one I believe. The only way would be to ham fist a FAST conclusion into the next three chapters.

I thought this chapter was the best of the ones after the first 9. I mean, that's not hard since we've had two boring fluff recruitment missions and an odd mystical nonsense chapter.
But I liked this, the action was fun, the character moments were good and yes, a bit of a shock.

Spoilers below.
Killing them was just straight up cold. My Agent has gone somewhat LS and in any case had not ordered them to hold back, but I'd often lamented not being able to kill Kaliyo when she betrayed you in the main plot. I think my Agent has some attachment to Kaliyo...even if she is a scheming psychopath.
My Sith Inquisitor meanwhile...she'll think nothing of murdering Jorgan.

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom