Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWRP Staff & Member Voicechat

Hello, hello!

We will be holding a Discord voice chat this weekend on Saturday 1st of July at 6pm Eastern. This translates to 3pm for the West Coast and 11pm for London.

This voice chat will involve myself and other staff who are available.

We will be allowing a limited number of members to join the call and voice any concerns or ideas they may have. A full minutes will be provided afterwards if needed.

Please post here to put down your interest for joining the call or if you'd like to join in a listening role only.

We will let members know which of you will be joining us once all requests are in.

Thank you.

Macharius Solaire

M
Toss me in as interested.

Also I set up Discord a while ago but never figured out how to get into any of the Chaos channels. Might need some help with that.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I would love to listen at least, but sadly I have to work. So can I request that the Harlem Shake Button become a permanent fixture. Truly love that thingy.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Macharius Solaire"]

I'll take you up on this. Desmond and Macharius Discord chat me and we can get started. Aria, I obviously have yours already as an FJ.

[member="Faith Organa"]

You can listen in if you'd like.

Everyone else, thank you for your interest, we'll have a full transcript.

For all, here are the notes, thanks to [member="Aria Vale"]

2300: *crickets chirp.*
2314: People start joining.
2315: Valiens announces the meeting and recaps its purpose.
2316: He puts Cira on the spot, we circle back.
2317: Mecharius brings up the issue of major factions taking over player-owned planets.
2318: Major factions working with minor factions/individual players when they take over the latter's planets is discussed.
2319: Conclusion: checking the roleplay discussion forum to see what's going on in planets one roleplays on is encouraged.
2322: Aria asks about rebellions/invasions and how they're judged (i.e. judging story over duel wins - the former lets people avoid duels altogether and still win, the latter lets people powerplay/godmod and still win).
2329: Conclusion: staff is looking very closely at how invasions/rebellions are judged to avoid unfair results, and when rebellions are reenabled they will focus on getting factions to work together rather than against each other.
2330: Pyrrhus asks about the recent codex contests (have people joined? why/why not?)
2331: Aria says she doesn't really see the advantage personally (i.e. writers not wanting fleets/hyperlanes/dead planets or the subsequent prizes), and Faith agrees with this.
2331: Mecharius says he wasn't aware of the contests.
2332: Faith asks about recent dominion changes/suggestions.
2332: Valiens says that staff is talking about new rules regarding making dominions easier (speeding up dominions, removing tiers, etc).
2333: Conclusion: wait and see, fun stuff is coming soon.
2334: We talk about who should get member of the month (criteria: members who are active/show initiative/are helpful around the board).
2337: Conclusion - you can see the new MotM after the call.
2338: Cira talks about upcoming template updates (armor/vehicles).
2338: Cira talks about how major factions are subbing flagships/how this could lead to SSD rules and templates being implemented.
2339: Mecharius asks about radium/superweapons.
2340: Graf (I think?) asks about the recent discussions regarding judges doing secondary approvals,
2340: Cira talks about why this change isn't being implemented yet (many judges are relatively new, often RPJs do catch stuff judges missed when they do secondaries).
2345: Graf asks abut rebellions again.
2346: Valiens repeats the previous discussions.
2347: Graf asks about how often factory staff look at judge applications.
2349: Graf asks about what the hell we have social media buttons for.
2351: Aria asks about the edited by line and why it's no longer optional
2353: Conclusion: It's in case people's posts get reported and they try to edit the reported content out.
2354: Mahet talks about the recent codex contests:
  • The Dead Planet Contest overshadowed the Great Hyperlane Contest
    She plans to run it again in the future.
  • Codex judges are suggesting having major factions work together regarding hyperlanes.

[*]She's also planning something sekrit.
[*]Reminds that she is always open to ideas from anyone.
2355: The question of upcoming events is raised.
2356: Valiens talks about how staff is talking about smaller monthly events (big events such as Omega can be done but take *a lot* of commitment).
2357: Aria asks about what happened to Friday Night Roleplays.
2358: Answer: nobody was starting the threads, people aren't really into speed roleplay due to timezones and people preferring to write long posts.
0000: Valiens suggests that there needs to be more reward/more at stake (i.e. Omega had prizes, invasions/rebellions have a lot of hype)
0001: Valiens suggests that rewards could be non-faction-related to take out the element of drama that invasions and rebellions have.
0003: Cira talks about new restricted/unique technology being used as rewards for factory contests (i.e. that you can't get anywhere else)
0005: Graf asks to be supreme admin of the board.
0006: DENIED.
0007: End of chat.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I would've joined with my daughter again (brownies!!), but we were out and about for Canada Day. Maybe next time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom