Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sword & Shield

4785d15618b427276a7fa46223b43a8e.jpg

THE JEDI TEMPLE
CORUSCANT
The focal point of the galaxy, Coruscant is the hub around which all things political revolve. Two trillion people call the ecumenopolis home, reflected in the eternally heavy traffic littering its airspace. It made the humble pilgrim's head spin watching the sheer number of unfamiliar models zip by overhead as he stepped off the transport shuttle dressed in common Valkyri leathers and hooded cloak, giving away nothing of his status as a Jedi Master or High King. This wasn't an official visit in either capacity; this was just Thurion the man coming to see someone he'd heard plenty of, yet never met. Revisiting old memories was just a bonus.

"We have arrived at: THE JEDI TEMPLE. Now departing for: THE SENATE ROTUNDA," the droid driver delivered its pre-recorded announcement as people hurried off and on the shuttle. The manner in which everyone rushed about in their daily goings-on, telling the lumbering Thurion to "get a move on" or "get out of the way", fascinated the rustic visitor to no end. On Midvinter, life was slow and methodical; the gathering of firewood or trading a well-made hunting knife for a few loafs of freshly-baked bread, free from the yoke of accumulating wealth. It seemed such a foreign concept to him now, having spent the last four decades on his ancestral homeworld away from modern living.

He had not, however, forgotten about the awesome sight of the Jedi Temple. The walk from the landing pad towards the entrance steps was etched into his mind, down to the placement of the Temple Guards. The sight of traditionally robed Jedi became steadily more common as one advanced inside the massive structure, bringing back even more memories. A chuckle escaped him as he overheard a group of elders discussing the "brashness of youth" displayed by the younger generations. He came to a halt as a gang of padawans ran across the hall, giggling as they went about their mischief. There was a moment when he saw himself among them, vivid as any sight.

After spending some time jogging his memory, and even debating whether to ask for directions, Thurion was able to locate the temple gardens. As he stepped outside into the lush greenery, he let out a gasp as he laid eyes upon a familiar stone fountain. Removing his glove, he ran his naked fingers along its rim. Leaning over to gaze into its pool of clear water, the ripples distorted his reflection to the point where he appeared younger. His eyes closed, transporting him back in time to when he was but a boy. It was as if the scene played out before him, witnessing it all as his old self.

Glowsticks and Space-Magic, Thurion. Her voice was like that of an echo, as was the giggle from the small blonde boy she cradled. Just as the weathered man locked eyes with his younger self, the vision was dispelled.

"Master," he spoke aloud to no one, his voice then turning into a whisper as his otherwise proud figure slumped. "Mother..."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Valery was tired.

The Battle over Exogol had been the most demanding clash of her life, and even though it was a little while ago already, she still hadn't fully recovered. Some part of Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren 's presence still lingered inside of her after she had taken him down with her husband, and the Wall of Light she had summoned to cleanse the world had drained her of much of her energy. Now, she was several weeks into her pregnancy with the triplets, and she was already feeling the effects of it.

Both physically and mentally.

Still, she was able to freely wander the Temple and embrace its peacefulness in her typical Jedi attire, which was a far cry from the old robes Jedi used to wear but synonymous with her at this point. Soon, she wouldn't be able to fit any of her clothing anymore, but that was a very minor problem, all things considered. Becoming a wife and a mother was the only 'selfish' thing she had ever wanted in her life, so despite her exhaustion, she couldn't be happier.

So it was with a smile, that she entered the gardens and drew in a deep breath of fresh air. She always loved coming here when she could, and now that Kahlil made sure she wasn't going on missions anymore, she had a lot more time for regular visits. This time, however, she wasn't going to spend her time here alone — she had spotted a man she had never met, but recognized from the research she did after waking up from a long time in stasis.

"Master Heavenshield?" she asked with a warm smile. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Master Heavenshield? It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

The voice of another made him turn around, finding none other than the Sword of the Jedi herself standing before him. She was... not as he'd imagined. She wore no robes but rather a practical outfit hugging her figure, coupled with piercing, orange eyes and a trio of scars adorning her left. What stood out even more, she was noticeably pregnant.

Judging from her appearance, the Sword was a far cry from the traditional Jedi. He liked her from the start.

"Master Noble," he bowed his head with a hand on his heart, greeting her not with the Jedi salute but in the tradition of his people. "Please forgive the unannounced visit. Your bold victory at Exegol resounds throughout the galaxy, reaching even remote Midvinter. For as much as I hear of your exploits, it occurred to me our paths have never crossed. I am honoured to stand before you, Sword of the Jedi." He removed his remaining glove and hung them from his belt.

"I knew your... predecessor," he continued as the rippling water from the fountain filled in the silence between words. "Ryv was a good man, and I respected him despite our philosophical disagreements. I have never met anyone more passionate about his people and more devoted to his cause. I mourned his passing when news reached us."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery had almost forgotten what it was like for Jedi to show respect through bowing, but as soon as he did, she instinctively dipped her own upper body down as well. After rising, she offered a warm smile and let her fiery eyes search for the man's sapphires. "The feeling is mutual, Master Heavenshield, and I have heard much about you as well," she told him sincerely, while she spent a moment looking him over. Much like the majority of the New Jedi Order, he didn't strike her as overly traditional.

Even for the Silver Jedi that she had gotten to know, he seemed different. It was something about him that she could already appreciate.

Thurion then spoke of the previous Sword, and Valery could instantly tell the respect he had for the man. Even in disagreement, both of them were Jedi, and to her, that always meant there had to be some level of mutual respect. "I'm afraid that I never got to know the former Sword, but there is no doubt that he left behind a legacy worth remembering." Many of the Jedi she had gotten close to over the years knew him well, but she hadn't even really met him.

"Something you have in common with him," she added with a slight smirk. "So I'm certainly quite happy to finally meet you, announced or not. The war with the Maw might be over, but I always feel that we can't be blinded by the relief of peace too much, and forming or maintaining good relationships with other Jedi is a very good step to preserving what we've fought so hard for."

"My time among the prominent Jedi was long ago now, and whatever legacy I leave behind is for the galaxy to decide. My only concern is what I pass on to my children, grandchildren, and Force willing, my great-grandchildren when I'm gone. They deserve a better life than I've had to endure."

Thurion's gaze turned towards the sun as it crept out from behind a cloud, painting the garden bright green with its rays. It wasn't the same as back home, though.

"Who'll be next, do you think," he posed the question everyone was thinking. "The Sith Empire, the Bryn'adûl, the Brotherhood... What terrible force for evil will next rise up to threaten the galaxy now there's a power vacuum? There can never be any rest for the likes of you and me, and I've made my peace with that." His eyes fell upon her visibly pregnant form. "Those that come after us deserve to grow up in a world without constant war."

He stepped towards her, hovering his hand over her protruding belly.

"Three of them...?" His eyes went wide with surprise. "How far along are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

His long experience with pregnancies began to kick in.

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I feel the same way," Valery said as she thought about her family and the people around her. She never fought or served for recognition — all she wanted was to offer people the help they needed, both in good and bad times. Fighting to provide the people she loved and cared about with a better future was the strongest motivation she could ever have.

Valery's fiery eyes then followed Thurion's gaze, and for just a moment, she enjoyed the beauty of the gardens, as well as the warmth of the sun touching her skin. Even as her body was starting to ache more and more, these little things could easily bring a smile to her face.

"I've grown used to the idea of war in this Galaxy being cyclic as well. Before my time in stasis, thousands of years ago, we were at war with the old Sith Empire. Now, remnants of the last Sith Empire are wreaking havoc in the Outer Rim." She paused for a moment and sighed softly. "I'm glad people are enjoying the relief and happiness of the war with the Maw being over, but I'm already looking ahead. It's my duty to not allow the Jedi to be taken by surprise, and to prepare them for what's really out there."

More Sith, more danger.

Thurion then stepped forward and hovered his hand over her stomach after mentioning the people that come after. Valery just smiled and gently placed a hand over her belly, "I'm nearing the end of the first trimester, so it's really starting to show. My husband, Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , is very helpful though. A lot of things are getting harder to do, but his support makes it easier." She spoke of him with a very loving tone.

"How many kids do you have?" she then asked, always curious and loving about children and family.

"Good, that's good," he approved of her husband's helpful involvement. The father had as much responsibility for the child as the mother and ought to share the pains of the pregnancy.

Thurion was pleased that the conversation turned towards family and children, two topics he enjoyed fondly and had plenty of experience with. Too often was his mind clouded by doom and gloom, save in the presence of his wife, kids, and grandkids.

"Five," he proudly stated. "Five children. Two boys, three girls." While, admittedly, only his sons are of his blood, he considers all of them his children equally. Why he would only have a couple of kids with Coci over the course of 40 years of marriage when he might've had half a dozen by now, had been a conscious choice.

"I also have three grandchildren and four nephews, with a great-nephew on the way, if that counts," he added with some mirth. "My kids are all grown up, mind you. You, from the looks of it, are about to become very busy for the next few years."

At that moment he thought back to those happy days of raising Nina and Théodred in the days of the august reign of his father Thrand. Granted, he was serving as Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi at the time and, to his great regret, was limited in his availability. While they've never resented him over the fact, he's still pained by not having been around as much as he would have liked before they reached adulthood. Thankfully he got to remedy his "mistake" by the time Thirdas was born, as by then he and Coci had both retired and settled on Midvinter, far from the galactic limelight.

He caught himself staring at her belly and snapped back to the present.

"I'm sorry, would you like to sit or have some water, or something?"

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Five?" Valery asked, both surprised and amazed. She always loved kids, so the idea of a big family was really nice to her. Perhaps also because she never really knew her own family, so having so many loving people close to her now was just... the most important thing in the whole Galaxy to her. "That's amazing, and I'm really happy that you've been able to raise a family like that despite all the difficult times."

Softly, her hand then traced over her stomach, and she smiled. "I have a daughter of six, and we were planning on another kid to grow the family a little. I... never expected to end up with three more, but I couldn't be happier." She had that big, motherly smile as she talked about her family. This was the one topic she could ramble on about for hours every day — nothing was more important to her.

Thurion's eyes then shifted up from her stomach, and she met his gaze with a smile. "A place to sit down would be-"

"Mommyyy!" Vera called out, as she sprinted into the gardens to interrupt her mother. The little Noble, dressed up in initiate robes, wrapped herself around Valery's leg and turned her multi-colored eyes to Thurion for just a moment. "Daddy said you need to rest more," she told her mom with a big nod.

"I know, and I have been resting a lot, little star." Valery chuckled and patted Vera atop her head. "Speaking of my husband..." she looked over her shoulder, as she felt the familiar presence of her husband approaching as well.

Meanwhile, the energetic Vera turned to Thurion and bounced up a little, "Hello! I'm Vera!"

He was about to offer her a seat on a nearby park bench when out of the Temple sprinted a little girl, no more than six years of age. She wrapped herself around her mother's leg, caring little for the stranger she'd found her with. Up ahead, he spotted a tall man with silvery hair coming this way, likely arriving alongside their daughter.

Before Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble could reach them, however, the girl released her mother and took a sudden interest in the older man, introducing herself as Vera. Thurion offered a kind smile and knelt down to her level.

"Hello, Vera. My name is Thurion. I'm a friend of the family," he described himself, regardless of having no prior interaction with either parent. "Aren't you a fine little lady Jedi," he reached out to brush a wayward lock of hair behind her ear. He found himself mesmerised by her exotic eyes, half-orange and half-silver. Fire and ice.

In the same motion, he seemingly pulled a piece of candy out of her ear, presenting it to her. "Only the sweetest of girls grow candy out of their ears," he explained. He glanced up at Valery Noble Valery Noble briefly. "Your mommy is going to need your help in the coming months, you know. A true Jedi always looks after others and keep them safe. And when the time comes, you'll be a big sister, which is an even more important role. You'll have to take care of your siblings and be kind to them, no matter what, okay?"

Before he would offer her the piece of candy he extended his pinky toward her, as such an important promise warranted only the most unbreakable of pacts. "Pinky-swear?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Vera, don't go running in the halls. It's-"

Kahlil's voice echoed from around the corner just before he came into view. Where it cut off. He blinked slowly, glancing towards Valery for a brief moment to give her a smile. Then to Thurion. He'd never met the man, but there was little doubt a child of Kaine wouldn't know their father's most hated adversary. His expression softened as he watched Vera and stepped over to stand beside his wife. Slip his hand into hers to gently squeeze.

"Master Heavenshield. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, though I wasn't expecting to."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

"It's nice to meet you!" Vera exclaimed excitedly while she bounced a little, clearly curious about the man who introduced himself as a family friend. But what amazed her, even more, was how he seemed to be able to pull candy out of her ears! She immediately turned to look at her mother with widened eyes, and Valery just chuckled before dipping her head in acknowledgment of what Thurion told her.

Of course, she also reached up to see if she could pull snackies from her own ears.

Then she turned back to Thurion, who began talking about something more serious. Her mom needed help soon, she was becoming a big sister and she had to take care of them too. For a moment, Vera looked back at her mother's belly, blinked, then to Thurion again, and she quickly nodded twice. "I will protect them." She reached for his pinky and wrapped her much smaller pinky around it.

"I pwomise!" she said with another little bounce in her step.

Finally, her attention shifted back around again, as Kahlil made his appearance. She had, of course, run off again, so she felt a little bad. Luckily, dad was distracted himself, so she escaped it all this time around. "Hey love, glad you could make it too," Valery said lovingly, as she took his hand and interlaced fingers.

"We were just talking about the kids."

"Master Heavenshield. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, though I wasn't expecting to."

Arriving just in time to witness his daughter make the pact, the presence of Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had Thurion rise to his feet. When their eyes first met, he found himself studying the features of the man. He knew all the signs of an Epicanthix after a lifetime in the presence of them, good or bad; the good in the woman who mentored, raised, and ultimately adopted him as a child, and the bad in House Zambrano with whom he famously shared an eternal rivalry. Kaine was chief among them, being responsible for his mother and master's untimely death as well as those of countless friends and colleagues over the decades.

This man, Kahlil, somehow reminded him of both. There was the slightest hesitation as he proceeded to bow his head in greeting.

"Master Noble--er, Mister Noble? Congratulations on the future bundles of joy. Now I see where little Vera here got her other half from," he gave the girl a friendly pat on the head.

"Beg your pardon for the unannounced visit, but I did come for a specific reason. I expect you would like to hear it."

He stepped back to take in the sights a second time. Sapphire eyes wandered from the Temple entrance to the lush gardens, to that familiar skyline and the horizon he and Kära would sit and marvel at for hours.

"I used to walk these grounds as a boy," he spoke with a sense of longing for days of innocence. "A lifetime ago, in the waning years of the Republic. I've lived long enough to witness the fall of a united Jedi Order. It has long been a dream of mine to see it restored to its former glory, free of political aspirations and ambitions. I felt I owed it to the faces I used to know growing up, to see it through."

"I was a founding member of the Silver Jedi. I served as its second Grandmaster for many years thinking I could achieve reunification, not realising that, in the end, my actions likely only furthered the rift between the Jedi. My bias blinded me to what seems all the more clear, now that I've had time to take a step back and take an objective stance."

The old Jedi turned to the family of three, soon to be six. In them, he saw himself and his own wife back during their prime.

"I mean, hell, it's even in your name: the New Jedi Order. You represent the future now, Valery and Kahlil. You're both still young with many years of greatness before you. I came here to pass my dream on to you; do with it as you will."

Having arrived at the point, the High King of Midvinter proceeded to kneel before the husband and wife and their daughter, no different from when one would declare their allegiance.

"To this end, I place myself at your service, Sword and Shield of the Jedi."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Kahlil is fine, I think."

He flashed a brief, calmer smile. It was an interesting thing to listen to. The story of a man he once wanted to kill. A dream, at most, of a young boy yearning for his father's approval. What came next though had him blinking in surprise. Did he knew who he was kneeling before?

Kahlil reached a hand out, as if to stop him. Gave a far more sheepish expression than he would have otherwise. That took him way off guard.

"A King shouldn't kneel before a Prince. And nor should a Jedi kneel for another."

He let out a sigh before straightening himself out. Brought back the calm smile he'd had on just prior.

"Your dream does not need to be passed on. When I was a boy, I joined the Silvers out of a sense of duty. Master Veiere was the one to bring me in. Give me my chance to be a Jedi, even with my father being Kaine. So help us. Not in service of us, but alongside us. If that makes sense."

Kahlil chuckled, just a bit, as he scratched his cheek.

"Honestly I'm still thrown for a loop. Carnifex would eat his lightsaber if he knew you knelt to his one child who turned their back on him."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

The moment Thurion dropped down to a knee, Valery wanted to speak up as well, but she felt her husband addressing it, and allowed him to speak both of their minds instead. "I agree," Valery only added with a dip of her head. "We all need to stand together as equals. My husband and I will offer the Jedi leadership and guidance both in times of war and peace, but I'm sure many will be able to lean on the experience and wisdom you have to offer as well."

She briefly glanced at her husband and squeezed his hand before bowing her upper body to show the man the respect he had shown them as well.

"It would be an honor to have you serve alongside us, in any capacity that you believe is right for you." As happy as she was that Thurion wanted to be of service, she didn't want to push him into anything either. Whether he wanted to be on the frontline or back at the Temple as a teacher was up to him.

But no matter how he chose to help his fellow Jedi, she knew the Order would be much stronger with him.

Finally, Valery turned back to Kahlil and snickered at his comment regarding Carnifex, "I imagine your father won't like seeing all three of us working together." She knew Thurion had been a thorn in his behind for a long time, and she had been just that to the Dark Lord as well. Then there was Kahlil's entire history...

With all of them together, she felt brighter times were ahead.

"So it's true," Thurion's eyes went wide at the casual mention of Kahlil's parentage. "A trueborn son of Kaine stands before me."

There was no resentment or disgust in the tone of his voice, only confirmation with a dash of amazement. For the spawn of his arch-enemy to break with his sire-by-blood is no small feat, and speaks volumes about Kahlil's character. The danger of becoming romantically involved with someone running from the name of Zambrano, while obvious, was not for him to comment on. Valery seemed the type of woman to know the risks.

At both of their urging, Thurion rose to his feet.

"I'll try not to bore the two of you with questions. In truth, there are too many to choose from at this instant, so for now I will only say: Good for you."

When it came to his level of involvement with the New Jedi Order, he shook his head.

"I did not come seeking titles or privileges with the Order," he stated truthfully. "I put down my lightsaber following the Battle of Tython. The Jedi that was Thurion Heavenshield lies buried beneath the waves that engulfed the battlefield that day. These days, all my focus is on Midvinter, its people, and my family. I am only here in the capacity of just another concerned galactic citizen. I am not in the habit of making idle promises; if you should ever need my services, in war or peace, Midvinter pledges to do their part."

He bowed again. "As for any wisdom I might impart, that comes for free," he added with a wink.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Sort of. I'm more a clone of a son, raised as said son. Complicated, but technically still true."

There was no reason to go further into that. He raised a brow, though. The Grandmaster no more? Kahlil hadn't expected that, but.. He understood. If Panatha existed still, Kahlil might've done the same to end his father's rule.

Now, though, they were going to earn their own world. Without the Zambrano shadow over them.

"Midvinter's assistance will always be welcome. Hopefully we won't need it, at least for some time. It'd be nice to let Exegol buy the people some peace. Of course, with the galaxy as large as it is, it won't be peaceful for everyone. .. But it is appreciated. The Sith still exist, after all."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery dipped her head appreciatively in response to Thurion and mirrored her husband's sentiment. "I'm happy to know that we can count on you and your people when we need you, Master Heavenshield." She smiled brightly and glanced at Kahlil for just a moment, before turning back to the man.

"As he said, the war is over but I don't believe that the Alliance is safe. My role in this order demands me to not get blinded by peacetime, and look ahead to make sure the people we fight for can enjoy better times. I'll be investigating the Sith beyond our borders, but other problems in the Galaxy as well. Perhaps your people's help might be necessary sooner than expected." She really hoped it wouldn't be the case, but this was something she tried to stay realistic about.

They could not ignore or forget about the Sith in the outer rim, or the problems caused by so many galactic powers crumbling. The power vacuums that were left behind were surely going to be exploited by some, and she'd be ready to stop them.

"But for now, I do have to take some rest," she half-joked with a grin in Kahlil's direction. There was no way he'd let her do much of anything while she was pregnant, and she didn't want to either. The safety of their kids was the most important thing to her. "Maybe you could join us for dinner or just a walk?"

"Not everything has to be about duty and work."

"Aye," Thurion nodded in agreement. "I've witnessed the fall of at least four iterations of the Sith in as many decades, each time their imperial ambitions laid to ruin with continued needless violence and death as their sole legacy. They will never stop until the galaxy is theirs."

Unafraid to tell them the truth, his eyes found those of Kahlil. "So long as Kaine Zambrano still draws breath, the Sith Order lives on in some shape or form. Do not be fooled; there are many Sith Lords claiming grand titles, each more absurd than the last, but there is only one Dark Lord of the Sith. Only one who commands absolute obedience. Cut the head off the snake, and the rest will scatter and fight among themselves for the leftovers. It is the only way to end this war once and for all."

A grim outlook, but one that had proven true time and again over his long career. As soon as Valery indicated that she required rest, however, Jedi business took a backseat. His fatherly instinct kicking in, he was about to rush to her aid but caught himself before he could take the first step, for she already had her husband and their little girl by her side.

"I would be honoured, Lady Noble."

A feigned look of concern as his gaze fell upon Vera once more. "Another one, really?" He seemed to pluck another piece of candy from her other ear, showing it to her. "Gosh, you two need to tell this one to wash her ears more often," Thurion playfully suggested to her parents. As Vera snatched the candy from his palm, his comparatively colossal hand gave the girl a loving pat on the head.

"Lead the way. I walked these grounds a very long time ago, no doubt I'd lose my way."

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom