Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Survivor

Quiet tears spilled over her cheeks at his words, confusion shaking her to her core, her hands in his as he made his vow to protect. She sniffed wiping the tears from her face, though she didn't pull her hand away.

Somewhere, deep in her heart, Lily needed this. She needed to belong and to reject something as big as this was foolhardy even for her.

"I need time." She said finally. "I need to think." No thanks to him, not that she'd dare say such a thing. He was already vulnerable, to make such a comment was beyond cruel.

"Will you give me that?" She asked softly.

"And access to comms...I'd like to call someone...please?"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

As with all the other times, he hated the tears, yet this time more than all others, he was powerless to stop them. His first instinct had been to wipe them away, to hold their hands, and speak comforting words, yet doing even half of those things was proving a challenge, doing the other half?

It may just break whatever chance they had for... whatever this was.

A chance to be family?

He was not even sure if such a thing was possible, she rightfully hated the House that had abandoned her, and him? He was the one that put her in a hospital bed.

He rose from his knees, breaking off his hands from hers, as he reached into his robes and pulled out a handkerchief, offering it, "You can have all that and more," He looked down to his wristcomm, unclipping it and offering it to her, "Do not do anything stupid Lily, I promise you regardless of what comes next, you will be free, there is no need to plot an escape," He offered a weak smile, trying to lighten the mood as best he could in the circumstances.

Yet knowing it would take much more than that to save this.

Still, he was a man of his word, as he walked away toward the exit, he resolved to ask someone to give her another meal... and perhaps another after that, she was... thin, unhealthily so.

He also needed to call Elsie, it was either her or a drink, and at this moment, he would rather confide his emotions rather than look for them at the end of a bottle.

Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise Vizsla was determined to train. Even in the hospital bed.

This was the fifth time in a row that she observed the holographic lesson manual on the lightsaber forms, basics, and applications. Elise paid attention to the recording she had memorized by now, but needed to still pay attention to none the less. The postures, the strikes, the subtleties. Maybe she still had missed something.

She was feeling stronger than since she had been poisoned by a sithspawn, and grounded to bed for recovery. She was still not fully there yet, Mia refused to let her get back to work right now, but Elise was getting there. Until then, Elise could read manuals, study holograms, and memorize recordings of all she was training in. She had to be stronger, after all, to fight on in a galaxy like this.

She was distracted from the recording when her comlink went off.

She blinked, pausing the recording and setting it aside as the pulled her comlink off the bedside table. She realized, as she looked at it, that it was an incognito frequency used for stealth. Of course, Elise only knew one person who regularly called on this frequency. Her heart pounded with a mixture of worry and excitement as she locked the hospital room door with the Force and brought the comlink to her mouth.

"Malum! I'm so happy to hear from you! But are you alright? You okay? I hope you're taking care of yourself out there."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

elisemaybe.png

Malum smiled.

A deep, warm smile.

Despite his wet eyes, he could not help it, her voice was one of the few that could trigger the almost instinctive expression and emotion within him.

His eyes trailed back and forth the empty hallway he found himself after leaving Lily's room, he only saw doctors, nurses, and other aids doing their daily tasks. In places like this, it was hard to imagine that this world was under military occupation, it was hard to imagine that this world was part of the Sith Empire.

Here it looked simply the sterile, white, hospital, a place of healing from the most tiny of maladies to the greatest of harms.

He shook off those thoughts, as he turned to the commlink held around his fingers, "I am fine, my... my Elsie..." It was strange how even after being in this relationship for months, when speaking to her he could not help feeling like a nervous schoolboy, "Are you okay? Recovering well? No more bounty hunters for me to save you from?" He meant it as a joke, but he could not help the concern that bled through his voice, there had been a lot of emotion spilt that day, perhaps it was too soon to be making japes of it. It was odd too, he realised, that now both the women his mind was centred upon were injured in hospitals.

Perhaps he was cursed.

He winced, his body tensing, as it seemed the one upstairs had finally awakened from her absence.

"I... want to see you again... something came up," His mouth was dry, he desperately wanted to reveal everything here and now, yet who knew who was listening, and even more importantly right now.

He simply could not find the words to explain himself, explain his actions, explain this new revelation.

"Can you... come to Alvaria?"

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

How could she have possibly plotted an escape? Her threats earlier about the possibility of Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk coming to her rescue while not necessarily untrue, was not logistically possible when he himself was back home on Jaibrek.

She brushed the tears from her face, settling back down into the hospital bed, clutching the wristcomm in her hands. She wanted to call him, to tell him all thay had happened, to tell him about meeting Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro , about successfully pick pocketing Valery Noble Valery Noble , and about all the things in between. But most of all, she wanted to tell him thay she missed him. He was her family...not House Marr.

Resentment boiled in her chest as she thought back to her childhood, to growing up in an orphanage that had driven her into the streets because who wanted to feed snotty little children; To her life in the undercity, where friends died from a simple fever, or would stab you in the back for the sake of the meal in your hands.

If House Marr was so powerful, then why leave her there? What had been so wrong with her as a newborn that meant she was not worthy of them? On the flip side, who would she have been if they hadn't? Would she be a sith? Bound by their code, shrouding the galaxy in darkness, conquering one planet at a time? Hellbent on making the galaxy kneel?

For all its faults, for all the pain and sadness she had endured, Lily clung to the light. Even before she'd known she could access the force, it was in everything she did. Always seeking the good, never allowing herself to be consumed by the misery of her childhood, because there was always someone worse off and there was always someone to help.

She tucked the wristcomm under her pillow. She'd call Iskey, but not yet, not until she'd worked out what to say besides 'hey, i ran into a sith, wound up in hospital and turns out were related.' It was the worst plot for a sitcom to ever exist.

Lily sighed closing her eyes, pain and emotional exhaustion getting the better of her as she drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

It was truly ironic, that Elise was worrying about Malum... yet was always the one getting into the most trouble. The sithspawn poisoning, being captured by black market dealings trying to crack the code of Novanian powers. Elise was always getting hurt, and yet, it did not bother her as much as her love for Malum. Her worry, her fears of losing him to threats internal and external. But at least, Elise knew that Malum was worried for her too. Despite the lightness in his tone, Elise could feel the fear for her radiating in his voice.

"I'm safe and sound, Malum. I kinda have to be, since Mia keeps making sure I stay put." She chuckled, "I'm just fine, dear. I'm recovering, so don't worry."

Hypocrite, you're always worrying about him.

Elise frowned, hearing the desperation and hurt in his voice as he requested she come to Alvaria. Come to him. In person. Her posture stiffened. She wanted to ask so many questions, get aquanted with this situation, and comfort her beloved. But she realized that over a comlink where she could not even see him, it would prove difficult.

"Of course I'll come! I'll be there as soon as I can! Just stay safe, I'll be there."

She wanted to hold him. Right now. She wanted to comfort him, but she could not. That was why she immediately yanked her covers off, pushing herself up. Elise's muscles and nervous system were still weaker from the venom's lasting damage, but she was able to walk and hold things now. In a hospital gown, she looked up to the closet in the corner of the room. "Do I need to bring anything specific? The guards won't try to apprehend me, right? I've never been to your palace before, what should I wear?"

Those were all important, but secondary, questions. The last one was what counted, "Will you be alright until I get there, cyare?"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

elisemaybe.png

Malum took a few steps forward, making himself to the door to Lily's room, gazing through the window, watching idly as the young woman drifted off to sleep, he had a few hours then before he would wake her up and tell her they were leaving.

He blinked.

Where had that thought come from?

He was letting her go, he promised as much, bringing her to Alvaria was perhaps the opposite of that, it would be bringing her deeper into his den of power, yet... he knew if he simply let her go now back to Alliance space or wherever else she roamed, she would never be comfortable recognising the fact.

The fact they were kin.

She would deny it, internalise it as some sort of Sith trickery, and he would lose one of his blood, somewhere in the galaxy.

He needed to do something that was not trapping her here but would give him further opportunities to convince her that though their family, his House, had done grave acts in the past, and had done a terrible thing to her, they were still her House too. That she could not simply throw them by the wayside, that indeed, she could not simply throw this opportunity, this chance to regain what was hers, this advantage.

And as Elsie's voice rang through his ear, he knew the perfect way.

"I'm glad to hear you're safe, not that I think Mia would ever let you leave her sight," He chuckled, he did not even consider that thinking of Mia did not bring out the ugly feelings he felt before, that meeting on Zanbar, that quest to save... their Elsie, it had been a turning point in their relationship, "I look forward to seeing you soon, I'll make sure to let the Guard I am expecting someone... though they are beginning to become rather accustomed to you," He teased, misguided revenge for how much Venerandus had teased him regarding how often they had their 'secret' meetings, "As for what you wish to wear... you know I believe you look beautiful in anything... and without anything~" He smirked, bringing the device closer to his lips, exaggerated husky breaths leaving his lips, "I'll leave it to you.~"

He paused at the last of her words, emotions suddenly finding themselves at his throat. He did not know much Mando'a, but it seemed dati- courting a Mandalorian was enough to pick up some.

And he recognised that word.

It was always that moment of awkwardness, the fact he could not...

He could not...

"I will be all the more happy knowing I will see you soon, absolutely brimming with excitement... sweetheart."

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Last edited:

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

When Malum made the comment about what, or if, she should wear - Elise blushed profusely. He whispered further, making her lift her hand to her mouth and look away bashfully. A small giggle escaped her as her heart went light and her body felt tingly. She looked shyly back to Malum as he stated that her arrival would be awaited with eagerness, and called her *sweetheart." Elise chuckled, "'Sweetheart,' that's adorable."

She smiled, still red in the face, as she nodded with determination, "I can't promise you that "optional" part until you find us a private room, your eyes only. But you'll like what I'll be dressed in. A king only deserves the best."

She lifted the comlink close to her mouth and closed her eyes, sighing, "I'll see you there. I love you! Bye!"

The moment she clicked off, Elise panicked. Throwing the sheets off, she darted to the cupboard and flung the closet open. A basic t-shirt and some baggy pants met her, and her heart sank.

"Oh! What the kark! Like Mandalore has any kind of store for a noble gown!"

Her head dropped, and defeat clouded her. She did not want to go to the Alvaria palace in this! But then, an idea sparked in her mind after all. She reached in, grabbing the clothes off the hanger, and immediately started on her journey to her lover's castle. She collected her belongings, at least the ones she needed, and bailed. Using both Force Stealth and Force Cloak, she leapt through the window and used the Force to catch her fall. Remaining invisible, she snuck around until she passed a block, then finally felt safe enough from Mia to unstealth. She carefully made way to her abode and rummaged through her belongings. Coin, some jewelry, and her red kama were retrieved before she made haste for her ship, the Estela, and left Mandalore's atmosphere before Mia Monroe could call asking where she was.

She somehow managed to on foot escapades in under an hour. Manda bless Force Speed!

Elise's hyperspace journeys were usually spent training and studying. Or tending to her little garden, or completing ritualistic chants to the Ancient Ones. But today, it was quite different. With her coin and jewelry before her, she blushed as she looked up various dress styles and high class noble outfit trends. She scrolled the holonet, trying her different pieces of jewelry. The Mandalorian crafted bands and Mythosaur medallions were all too... plain, for what she had her eyes on. Did she have to buy new jewelry too?

Eventually, Elise came out of hyperspace - but not the Alvaria. Instead she was making a stop at Naboo, which was conveniently nestled in neutral territory between Mandalore and Alvaria's hyperspace routes - and outside Galactic Alliance territory. Elise's heart pounded as she made way through the high end shops, feeling the judging glares of nobles and the rich as she ran around in a shirt and pants. Elise eventually found a seamstress who was quite happy to help her "get gorgeous, darling!" and helped Elise pick out a dress rather similar to the ones she had settled on during the hyperspace journey.

"Are you courting a dark Serenno lord, darling? This would sweep one of those brooding counts off his feet!"

Elise paid so, so much for the dress and some jewelry. But for Malum, it was worth it

Once she finally was on Alvaria's surface, Elise was met with a whole new world. This was the first time she had been here, and she was quite enamored by what she saw. The sector of Gil Lodihr was ruined and decayed. It was always a somber sight, seeing a ruined world. But the bizarre part was that it was not the Sith or even Mandalorians who had done this, but their own ancestors. The natural terrain of the planet took over much of the ruins. Beautiful rivers cascaded through the broken settlements, and beautiful flowers bloomed along the paths and through the buildings themselves. Despite the sad history of this place, Elise realized that aside the ruins of ancient civilizations on Archais, these were the most melancholic yet breath taking ruins she had even been to.

Eventually, she reached the palace. Elise gulped, doing her best to hide her nervousness as she approached the first guards of the palace. Wearing her new dress, tried to lift her head high as the guards indeed noted that she was expected. Elise found herself being esccorted through a cracked marble path, admiring the plants and flowers workers were actively trying to tame. Looking around, Elise smiled as the guard lead her through the garden, and to Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr .

Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

elisemaybe.png

There was a crackling energy around Lily as she slept, another force presence enevloping her. The conversation between her and Velok fluctuated in the force, snippets of it escaping from her mind.

It settled her though, pulled her out of the looping nightmare of childhood memories, and reminded her that despite all the cruel things Malum had said before, Lily was not alone.

The pain pulled her from her dream, a spasm that ran up her spine made it hard to breath. She let out a wimper, opening her eyes, finding Malum sested at her bedside. She tried to roll from her side to her back, but another spasm ran through her. "Feth." She breathed, tears escaping from the corners of her eyes.

"Painkillers. I need painkillers."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

He smiled and grimaced into the commlink as she spoke, she was always able to bring such strong warm feelings out of him, yet in the same breath could stir such... not confusion, for he knew exactly what the problem was, yes, but... unease.

Of course, he could not blame her for such things, for it was not at all her fault. She might have been the trigger, but he had all but gone and poured the oil around him and asked her to flick the match.

So instead he said nothing, allowing her to speak her heart out, warming his.

Allowed her to speak the words that filled him with such guilt before the commlink went silent.

And he felt cold again.

He gave one last glance up to Lily, who continued to sleep... perhaps not peacefully with how heavy her breaths were, no doubt caused by her injuries, but she slept at least... calmly.

His cloak billowed in his wake, looking for a nurse, he needed some questions answered.

Returning to the room some hours later, setting down a new tray of food at the bedside table, a bottle of pills in hand, very detailed instructions on how to administer the IV painkillers for when Lily woke up, and how to call a nurse as well, just in case.

He sat himself down at his seat, not knowing when she would awake, but knowing had had likely crossed at least to the latter half.

He had long since noticed the foreign, alien presence that wafted over her, he might have been concerned, indeed, he was concerned. Yet, he also held a rather self-compelling theory of who exactly the presence was, a name she had mentioned, one he was familiar with, though one he did not know.

If Velok desired to confirm if she was safe, he would not fault him that.

His eyes drooped, for a moment, none would fault him for resting his eyes a moment, all of course until he heard the gasp.

The swear.

The jolt through her spine.

It was exactly what the nurse warned off.

He was by her side in a second, hearing her request and nodding quickly.

"Stay still, you are going to be fine," He hated seeing those tears. The cap of the bottle came off, and two tablets were by his hand, offering them to her with the cold glass of water following after, he turned to the IV.

And the syringe next to it.

It was good it was prepared beforehand, for even after intense instructions, he could not say he was confident. Yet moving to the IV, making sure no air bubbles had found themselves in the syringe in his absence, he allowed the painkillers to flow into her bloodstream.

It would be a few minutes before she would have to feel the pain.

But she would survive.

"Shhhh, Lily," He began, attempting his best shot at comforting her, bringing his chair closer, as he took a seat, hands curling around hers, as he wrought again with he consequences of his actions playing out before her, "You will be fine... how is Velok doing?" Distracting her until the medicine kicked in would be his best bet.

Last edited:
Each spasm forced her eyes shut, the pain drew out anger. Anger at being so helpless, anger at Malum for putting her in this bed, anger atvher sheer stupidity of taking the damn smuggling job in the first place. She bit her lip to stop the next whimper escaping her as he handed her painkillers and set to fiddling with the IV.

She focused on breathing, eyes snapping open as he took her hand. She wanted to pull away, but found herself squeezing it for comfort as each wave of pain passed through her.

The question caught her off guard, shifting her eyes to focus on him. How had he known? Had he been in her head? No, no it wasn't that. "His anger is worse than mine." She replied after a moment. "He'd be here to kill you if I'd asked it of him."

Malum did his best to hide the pain, resisting the urge to squeeze his eyes shut, as her grip around his hand tightened, who knew such a small figure would have such strength?

The blood of Darth Marr, he self-rationalised, as he maintained himself.

The last thing she needed was a weakling at her side while she went through such pain that he would not wish upon most.

Of course, there was also the guilt, the very fact that he himself had caused this pain.

He deserved to feel even a fragment of it.

While his other hand quickly went to the amulet, desperate to suppress the other Fragment, all too eager to exploit this chance if given the opportunity.

His eyes opened a fraction, filled with the red that defined him, as he found himself gazing into the brown of his newly found cousin, offering a weak smile to her words, "He has good reason to be," Despite the pain, his own grip tightened, doing through action, where words failed, "Yet you do not attain my position by losing to those who want to kill you, Velok will be no different."

He would certainly be a man to look into, for it seemed more and more likely that the man had been made an intractable foe.

Unfortunate indeed.

Yet if it had found him another of his kin, even if from far from the best circumstances.

He would stomach that.

Lily held his gaze as the painkillers began to work searching his eyes for something, some understanding of who Malum was, without the fragment of another mind in him, without the amulet. Was he a good person behind it all? Beyond the sith ideology. She recalled the moment he'd slammed her into the ground, the instant guilt that had crossed his face upon realising she was defenceless.

She'd stopped squeezing his hand, as the pain stopped, but she didn't let go, it was a strange comfort.

She tore her eyes away, her other hand wiping away the tears that had escaped the corners of her eyes. "I asked him not to." she said flatly "So you can keep him off the list of people who want you dead. He's a good person, just...protective. Wanted to know why I was in pain, and what was troubling me beyond it."

"I am glad you have such a protector then," Malum noted simply, his weak smile becoming genuine, even if still small, eyes drifting down to their hands still enclosed around one another, she was no longer squeezing it, which likely meant she was no longer in pain.

But neither had she pushed him away either.

He felt a certain warmth in his chest at that realisation.

"Still, I cannot exactly blame him for wanting to do me ill," His lips transformed again into a smirk, as he gazed toward her, watching her look away, watching her wipe away the tears from her face, "I'd kill anyone who harmed you as well." She was family now, she might not yet want to recognise that, and she might yet want to hate that.

But she was family.

And family needed to be protected, cherished and loved.

They were the only people who could be relied upon in this galaxy filled with despair and betrayal.

Even if...

Even if he had so many others that he could rely on too.

A pair of red eyes flashed into his mind, before he put those thoughts aside, those regrets aside.

Still, his smirk was noticeably more fixed.

"Your ship has been secured by my men, you will be allowed to go as I promised... but before that..." He shifted his seat, so his red was gazing into her brown, "You wished to learn how to travel through space and time, no? Well, no better time than the present, or well... when you feel physically better, and I can show you how it works firsthand, both the long distance and the short distance form."

He parsed his lips, this was his gambit.

"Would you be interested in that?"

"I'd kill anyone who harmed you as well."

Lily let out a derisive snort, a smart comment about comment about him needing to commit suicide danced across the edge of her tongue. She bit it back, with great effort and rolled her eyes.

She stared at him pondering his offer. On the one hand, it was a good skill to learn. On the other, related or not he was a sith and Sonere's warnings still rang in her mind.

"If I agree," she began slowly "do you promise that this is not some underhanded attempt to turn me into a sith?"

His smirk returned its natural rigour, as the glimmer seemed to return to his eyes, as before he knew it, a short, sharp, chuckle was released from his lips.

"To be underhanded is certainly a trait useful for the Sith, but to be underhanded toward kin, is hardly honourable, nor conducive to having you trust me... though I suppose since you do not trust me, you cannot take my word for that," He kicked his legs up on the side desk, hand upon his chin in an exaggerated manner, seemingly deep in thought.

"We are seducers and seductresses, for the Dark Side is both," Glimmering red orbs stared deeply into the brown, "It gives you the power to reach for what you desire," He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, as he squeezed his amulet, "That is to say, there is little use in using underhanded means to bring you to the darkness," His smirk transformed into something far more genial and friendly, "It would be in my best interest to convince you to accept it, by showing you... how beautiful it is."

He let out a chuckle, again, as his legs dropped down to the floor below, "For example, this... Force Travel is the more long-range ability, and its use, bending both time and space around you... is far from what most would consider naturally sound, you will feel the Dark side within you, lunge out of you in feverish hunger," It burned every time he had done it, he felt it growl and demand release, "Yet, I am being upfront about that, it is not something to fear, for after all, would you deny how useful such an ability is?"

She was no fool, she was a Marr.

One... one lost.

But one that could be brought back to the right path.

Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Last edited:
As he began to perform, dramatizing about how wonderful being a Sith was, Lily rolled her eyes so hard, they hurt, though she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. At least he was entertaining, if a little dramatic. part of her believed the little show was entirely for her benefit, to cheer her and make an attempt at making amends for causing her the pain her had, and she appreciated it a great deal. However she was also fairly certain that this was also, very much a part of who he was.

Dramatic.

"The dark side doesn't scare me Malum. I might be young but I'm not a naïve. Dark can't exist without light, the two sides of the force go hand in hand. I can lean into both without succumbing to either yours or the Jedi's ridiculous belief that there is only one way to be in the force." She shook her head in disbelief, "I'm not going to deny its usefulness, I just can't help but think you have an ulterior motive, I'll risk it though and agree to you teaching, because whatever it is..."

I'll see it coming,

The smirk turned into something far more genial, as he gazed into those brown orbs, rolling back into her skull, just as exaggerated as his own performance, but the smile she displayed so freely and easily, was exactly what he was after. A balm to the injuries that he had given her, balms that would not heal the mark upon his soul... but a balm that may at least be the seedling that would sprout to a flower that would represent... a new chance for them both.

A Lily flower.

Even as a amateur poet, he had to admit that was not very clever.

Yet the thought, what it might represent, was enough to beckon his smile wider still.

"You seem to care a great deal over what you consider the natural order, you believe that the Sith and Jedi are too dogmatic in their belief that one side of the Force is superior to the other, that of course, the moderate, the centrist that you are, believe it is... what is it they called it," He seemed genuinely in thought for a moment, "...Ah, Bendu, that Balance is the only true course, that Ashla, the Light, that Bogan, the Dark, are alone... unnatural," He nodded his head, seemingly agreeing before smirk was back upon his face, and glimmer in his eye, "When our ancestors, across the galaxy, across species alike, glanced towards the stars above them, wondering if it would be possible to go beyond the ground where they stood... were those who dared dream, believing something unnatural? Were they going against the natural order? Those first who flew the skies, were deemed heretics and schismatics, those that would dare go against gods, traditions, and faith. Yet now, we have civilisations that span the galaxy, what is the natural order, Lily, but a way for progress to be constrained?"

He breathed in a heavy breath, his mouth dry as he allowed it to wetten, "I do not seek to convince you... well perhaps not entirely, one can only convince themselves of the truth, but I invite you to think, I am not so dogmatic a Sith to believe that the Jedi are entirely false," His mind wandered to a vision of a Jedi princess, memories of the so many Jedi he had met in his life, that had been unlike the monsters he had been told hid under the bed or behind closets, those that simply believed so truly, the lies that had been taught to them.

But even through those lives... simply desired to be good.

It was why the Jedi could not be exterminated.

It was why the Jedi were his kin, no matter how antagonistic, their conflict manufactured by powers beyond them all, millenias of conflict between two sides, with a mastermind that pulled the strings that both relied upon.

The Jedi needed to be taught the truth.

That their chains must be broken.

"There are much the Jedi can teach us, to not become slaves to our emotions for one, to not lose ourselves," Even as they became willing slaves to the Force, even as they lost themselves to its whole, such precepts could be learned, could be of use.

In the end, it would be the Sith that needed to conquer the galaxy.

But it would be Sith and former Jedi, who finally broke all their chains.

It was a wondrous dream, for their eternal war to end, for them to face the only enemy that truly mattered.

His smirk transitioned to something sadder, his eyes noticeably glistening, as he looked away, "I am glad, you are at least pragmatic enough to accept the darkness, even if balanced with light," He squeezed her hands again, "Give me the word, and I will show you how to travel between planets, from one end of the galaxy to the other in seconds," He had taught so many this skill, yet... this was ironically, not even the strangest circumstances he had taught it.

Yet, the pangs in his heart.

The memory of red eyes.

They could await another day.

He closed his eyes a moment, hissing a low hiss, as he firmed the grip around the amulet, she was stirring, and she was annoyed, "I warned you... stay out of my head."

Last edited:
Lily was a sponge for knowledge, it was part of the reason she had worked so hard to get herself off Coruscant, to see the galaxy, to learn. She had been thrown form one lesson to the next and while she had plucked many pieces of her own philosophy together through the training with Sonere and with Velok, through her growing collection of books. Malum unwittingly provided her with more. She drank everything in that he said, of Ashla and Bogan...on Bendu, all things that required further exploration.

What else, she wondered, besides a new force trick, could she learn from him?

She paused for a moment, before laying a caution sticker over the thought and setting it aside as something to be examined later. For the moment though, what he offered was enough.

"I remember your warning." she replied with a shrug. "I can teach you to shut others out of your head. Myself included."

It was an offer of trade. It wasn't in Lily's nature to accept anything that she had not worked to gain.

He would have offered her the knowledge freely... or well more accurately the price was not transactional, the ability to bend time and space around oneself, in exchange for the ability to close and assault with the mind. Oh certainly, the latter he could do to some degree... but always incidentally, almost an accidental side effect of other abilities.

She did it naturally, effortlessly.

The fact she brought up the trade at all, however... it was enough to make him maintain his smile, a sad sort of smile. As she continued to stir, even as his hand held firm around the amulet.

It was hard not to be reminded of her teachings.

Of there being cost to each request.

The fact that Lily had accidentally fallen upon her old precept... just what had you experienced in your life, Lily of House Marr?

He blinked away the mistiness from his eyes, as red orbs fell back upon her, "I would appreciate that," He let out after a long breath, "Now... this will be easiest if I simply show you the power in action... I will take you to another world, and though the effect on yourself shall be less than if you had done it, it will... you will feel the pressure upon yourself," He parsed his lips, a deception by technicality, was still deception, yet, for a chance to return one of his kin to their rightful place.

It was a price he would pay upon his soul.

"You will return us here soon after, or I will if you are... finding it difficult," Yet she would not, she was a Marr, whether she currently accepted that or not, which meant, she could do whatever she desired.

"Do you trust me?" A question with an easy answer, for how could she trust him?

Yet.

He so desired her to trust him.

Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom