Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survival Never Changes- Slash and Dice [Fans of Pen and Paper]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Triam Akovin"]
I already had a read through your biography, Triam will be starting with +4 Engineering, +2 Small Arms, +3 Dodge Rolls, -2 Barter, -2 Persuasion, -1 Resisting Taunt
maximum modifier for rolls will be +/- 5 I think, you will be able to lower or raise your modifiers during the thread through RP.

And as to what changes I made, basically I added Riposte for melee weapons, reloading rolls for all but Light Ranged Weapons and Melee weapons, and changed gatling/chainguns from 3 dices of 50 to 5 dices of 30, max damage is the same, but now you can hit more targets.

HK-36

[member="Verz Horak"]
+2 Slicing, +3 Small Arms, +2 Melee Weapons, +1 Dodge Rolls, +2 Intimidation, -2 Sniper Rifles, -3 Persuasion, -3 Resisting Taunt

Alright, Verz, you're getting more bonuses since you're the veteran of the group, [member="Aedan Miles"], you better have some charisma in you or the party will be pissing off NPC's right and left :p

[member="Triam Akovin"]
Well they're all going to be on a scale of 1-20, maximum bonus is 5 so 1/4 there, so with any + you basically can't get a critical failure as you can't roll a 1, and 2's and 3's can make a difference when in rolls, so it's pretty decent :p

This isn't looking good for charisma, since Aeden will do whatever he thinks is best for his team.

I feel like my barter should be higher, I am after all, a merchant :p Maybe I'm just greedy and gambling with stats that I don't understand :D

HK-36

[member="Bluejay Ungolfen"]
:p We're doing just three writers this one, so kinda bit too late, but I'll let you know when I'll start writing up the next one, I'll probably give a big 8-person one a shot as well if these smaller ones succeed

HK-36

[member="Triam Akovin"]
Well I was based it around your character and her father's history with gambling, especially the losing at gambling part :p But, since you did those threads, I'll lower it to -2 in turn for adding a -1 to Resisting Taunting, since she's hot headed and that basically means she gets pissed off at people easier than others

HK-36

[member="Bluejay Ungolfen"]
I don't think you'll have to wait too long, we already basically have a group for second one, eh, [member="Aiden Krato"], [member="Eric-1224"], [member="Listeri Dalane"]?

HK-36

[member="Aedan Miles"]
Well according to Aedan's character sheet, he's cocky and hard-headed :p
+3 Piloting, +3 Melee Weapons, +2 Dodge Rolls, +2 Unarmed Combat, +1 Small Arms, +1 Engineering (Specialization- Flying Vehicles), -2 Persuasion, -3 Resisting Taunt

Ok, so it's pretty straightforward with weapons and dodging, engineering due to his history with starfighters, persuasion due to cockiness and hard-headed part, there's really no skill for commanding a squad since it's a party of PC's, there will be no NPC's under your command, so it all falls into Persuasion part. I added -3 Resisting Taunt for Aedan's fear of failing his squad.

[member="Verz Horak"]
I also changed the Combat Rules again, this time I added the Taunt rolls,
Accuracy, Dodge, and Block/Parry roles will all be d20 to determine hits, generally for damage. On Blocks or Parries, rolling a d1, critical failure, means automatic disarmament.

Riposte- After a successful parry if wielding Light or Medium Melee Weapon you have an option to roll a d20 against the attacker's d20 + their parry modifier for bonus attack. Riposte is automatic if you roll a 20, gaining a critical success.

Reloading: Light Ranged Weapons are automatically reloaded, Medium, Heavy, and Superheavy weapons need to successfully roll a 1d20+modifier

Light Melee/Ranged will be d10 (three hits per turn max)
Medium will be d20 (2 hits per turn), heavy d50 (one hit per turn) and superheavy (Like rocket launchers, gauss guns, plasma cannons) d100 and splash damage of d20 in proximity if the weapon has that option, they fire only once per post and you need another post to reload.

Special weapons
Shotguns- 1d70 at close range, 3d20 at medium range, and 5d10 with ability to hit multiple targets on medium range, and hitting 5 different targets on long range. When reloading you need to roll a d6 to determine how many shells you loaded under pressure.
Miniguns 3 turns of 5d30 without reloading, reloading takes 2 turn and you must make a successful d20 roll each turn.
Sniper rifles have one shot per turn, they take a whole turn to reload, 1d50 and bonuses to accuracy rolls, reloading doesn't require a roll.
Revolvers and Heavy Handguns have 1d40 per turn, reloading a revolver you need to roll a 1d6 to determine how many bullets you loaded into the chamber under pressure, for Heavy Handguns reloading is a 1d10 and it determines whether the clip is inserted into the pistol or not.
Flamethrowers have 3d50, 3 turns without reloading, 2 turns to reload, they can be only used at close range, they deal 1d10 each turn for 3 turns at hit, and if you get shot in the fuel pack, you and anybody close to you get 20 damage and 1d10 for 3 turns. When reloading a flamethrower you need to roll a 1d20 on your second turn, failure to beat a roll ends with some of the fuel spilling, critical fuel ends with canister exploding and dealing 20 fire damage.

Taunting- During combat player on NPC can attempt to Taunt their opponent, trying to enrage them and make a mistake, open up their defenses through carelessness. To Taunt you roll a 1d20 + Taunt Modifier against your opponent's 1d20 + Resisting Taunt Modifier. Successful Taunt will mean the target's modifiers will not apply to their skills in combat for one turn.

So, basically, [member="Triam Akovin"]
Taunting determines your character, or their enemy, getting pissed of or scared enough to make a mistake in combat that can be used against them, if you successfully taunt an opponent their bonuses to rolls won't be counted during combat for one turn, same for you, if you get successfully taunted, your bonuses won't be counted towards your combat rolls.

Tomorrow I'll add in Skill Rolls and then Looting Rolls and that should be it, after that I'll draft up the thread and we can get this thing going

Also, Triam, since other guys have bit more bonuses to their rolls, I raised your Dodge, and Engineering bonuses by 1

HK-36

Ok, guys, I made some more changes, these will be your final modifiers.. most likely :p If I'll make any changes, it will be to take off some of your negative modifiers,

[member="Triam Akovin"], I increased your Small Arms bonus by one, knocked down your Persuasion and Resisting Taunt by one more (Those Mercish charms), as well as added -1 to Intimidation (Triam does looks like just an average girl after all :p), -1 to Leadership, and -2 to Lore (Like the rest of the guys, you still have little to no idea what's going on around) I know it sounds harsh with all the negative bonuses added, but right now you have 10 positive bonuses, and 10 negative, so it's pretty balanced,
+4 Engineering, +3 Small Arms, +3 Dodge

-2 Persuasion, -2 Barter, -2 Resisting Taunt, -2 Lore, -1 Intimidation, -1 Leadership

[member="Aedan Miles"], I gave you a bit over-powered bonuses at first, so I knocked down your piloting by one and your unarmed combat by one as well, if you want, I can knock down your piloting by another point and add it instead to your Melee Weapons or Dodge rolls, up to you, or take away your engineering bonus and put it into one of them, again :p Up to you. Like Triam, you have 10 positive and 10 negative modifiers, so you two are on the same level.
+3 Melee Weapons, +2 Piloting, +2 Dodge, +1 Unarmed Combat, +1 Small Arms, +1 Engineering

-3 Persuasion, -3 Resisting Taunt, -2 Lore, -2 Tactics

[member="Verz Horak"], alright Verz, you're my veteran, you got bonus to Small Arms, and I added +2 Leadership and +2 Tactics to you, you can check what they do below, I added some more combat rules for them, but I also added negative bonus to your Sniper Rifle skills, -2 Lore, Search, and Spot, basically IC Verz is getting older and there's no advanced Mandalorian HUD to help his eyesight :p Plus it brings you to 15 positive and 15 negative bonuses, balanced as well, as a veteran you get more experience, but more scars as well.
+4 Small Arms, +2 Melee Weapons, +2 Tactics, +2 Leadership, +2 Slicing, +2 Melee Weapons, +1 Dodge Rolls,

-3 Sniper Rifle, -3 Persuasion, -3 Resisting Taunt, -2 Search, -2 Spot, -2 Lore

So, as to the Combat Rules, added Leadership, Cover, and Tactics rolls, they'll be bonuses you can give to your party members during combat.
Reloading: Light Ranged Weapons are automatically reloaded, Medium, Heavy, and Superheavy weapons need to successfully roll a 1d20+modifier

Light Melee/Ranged will be d10 (three hits per turn max)
Medium will be d20 (2 hits per turn), heavy d50 (one hit per turn) and superheavy (Like rocket launchers, gauss guns, plasma cannons) d100 and splash damage of d20 in proximity if the weapon has that option, they fire only once per post and you need another post to reload.

Special weapons

Shotguns- 1d70 at close range, 3d20 at medium range, and 5d10 with ability to hit multiple targets on medium range, and hitting 5 different targets on long range. When reloading you need to roll a d6 to determine how many shells you loaded under pressure.

Miniguns 3 turns of 5d30 without reloading, reloading takes 2 turn and you must make a successful d20 roll each turn.

Sniper rifles have one shot per turn, they take a whole turn to reload, 1d50 and bonuses to accuracy rolls, reloading doesn't require a roll.

Revolvers and Heavy Handguns have 1d40 per turn, reloading a revolver you need to roll a 1d6 to determine how many bullets you loaded into the chamber under pressure, for Heavy Handguns reloading is a 1d10 and it determines whether the clip is inserted into the pistol or not.

Flamethrowers have 3d50, 3 turns without reloading, 2 turns to reload, they can be only used at close range, they deal 1d10 each turn for 3 turns at hit, and if you get shot in the fuel pack, you and anybody close to you get 20 damage and 1d10 for 3 turns. When reloading a flamethrower you need to roll a 1d20 on your second turn, failure to beat a roll ends with some of the fuel spilling, critical fuel ends with canister exploding and dealing 20 fire damage.

Taunting- During combat player on NPC can attempt to Taunt their opponent, trying to enrage them and make a mistake, open up their defenses through carelessness. To Taunt you roll a 1d20 + Taunt Modifier against your opponent's 1d20 + Resisting Taunt Modifier. Successful Taunt will mean the target's modifiers will not apply to their skills in combat for one turn.

Leadership- You can roll a d20 for each of your party members, trying to inspire them in combat. After each successful roll, roll a 1d4 to determine by how many points your allies benefit in their range of critical damage. For example, if you have two allies, besides you, in your party, you have to roll 2d20, if both of them succeed roll a d4 for each of them, the number they get increases the range for their critical rolls by that number, for example if one of them rolls a 2 and the other 4, one needs to roll between 18 and 20 to gain critical hit, and the other between 16 and 20, instead of the regular 20.

Tactics- Roll a d20 for your whole squad to determine if they receive any Cover bonus due to your use of tactics during combat. If your roll is successful roll a 1d4 to determine how big that bonus is. For example, if you succeed the roll of d20 and then roll a 3 on your 1d4 roll, you squad will get a +3 bonus to Dodge rolls thanks to your tactical decision.

Cover- Hiding behind cover can give you bonus to your Dodge, Block, or Parry rolls, there are three types of cover, light, medium and heavy. Light cover gives a +1 bonus, medium gives a +2 bonus, and heavy a +4 bonus, it stacks with Tactics bonus.

So I'm the Techyist, the Dodgyist, and one of the better shots. I'm the least intimidating (at first glance ;)), but a bit more persuasive than the guys, and I can resist a taunt just a tiny bit better than them too.

I like it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom