Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survival Never Changes- Slash and Dice [Fans of Pen and Paper]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Alright, so last summer when I joined I was trying out an idea for a Campaign set in a Non-Canon setting, to be specific post-apocalyptic Earth with no Force.

It was all fun and excitement that thread, 8 of us including HK teamed up in desert wasteland with little to no resources to scavenge while there were hordes of undead racoons, scavenger crabs who disguised themselves as rocks (And were everywhere), or face-hugging vampire squids tried to kill us. Basically Fallout meets Lovecraft meets War of the Worlds meets the Mist meets anything else I feel like throwing at the players.

I was playing and DM'ing so that I could abuse a character (HK of course) without worrying to get under anybody's skin :p Unfortunately the thread died down due to the lack of activity and it was scrapped.

But I had to try it again! Same setting, still non-canon, but this time, it will be just three players and me DM'ing, and, and!
We're doing dice rolls.
What? Yep, dice rolls, trying something new like good old Pen and Paper games.

The way it will work, I will do your rolls for you, on a fancy little website called Invisible Castle and then I'll post results of the rolls in my DM'ing post, all the rolls will be listed in a link to your Invisible Castle online character sheet so you could see if I rolled more than once and just didn't tell you. That way you could make sure that I'm not screwing you over in rolls.

So, for example, this would be how it works.
Character would post:
HK had enough of GM talking, he took his lightsaber and activated the white blade with a snap, energy sword hissed out as it came to life,
"Will you knock it off with all the painting and ropos? You have made me into the frilliest assassin droid around!"
He would then attempt to smack the GM with a whack of his training saber, aiming for the writer's torso.

And then as a GM I would post:
HK rolled a one 20 dice with modifier +3 to his lightsaber combat, he rolled 17, succeeding in his attempt and delivering a solid whack into the GM's torso, pushing him out of his chair and knocking his breath out of him.
Link to roll
Link to character (As you could see I screw up the first one, oldest rolls are on the bottom :p)

As to the modifiers, like that +3 I used, I would assign them to your characters based on their character sheets in the forums and equipment they would get, I'm still unsure what these would range in, but I think +3 would be the highest I would go for.

So!
Thoughts, opinions?

HK-36

[member="Aedan Miles"]
Well that's at least one person! :p

Anybody else?
The plot will be different from previous one, you'll be starting in a settlement going on a specific mission rather than just a free-roam, you will be sent to find an ancient suit of armor in a "abandoned" bunker

I would prefer that we also had a gun-expert and a technician/engineer/scavenger person to join as this is mostly just checking out how it would work with dice and that way we can cover more ground with interactions.

HK-36 said:
I would prefer that we also had a gun-expert and a technician/engineer/scavenger person to join as this is mostly just checking out how it would work with dice and that way we can cover more ground with interactions.
I'm your woman. So um with this thingy, do you decide what equipment we have or is carbon copy transfer of my character into your micro-universe?

HK-36

[member="Verz Horak"]
You ready to kill more rock-crabs, Verz? :p
[member="Triam Akovin"]
I'll probably roll for that too, a d10 I think, 1-2 worthless crap 3-4 crap you can make into something 5-6 damaged weapon 7-8 usable weapon 9-10 advanced weapon like gatling gun or power hammer or a katana.

[member="Aiden Krato"]
Sorry, I already got three, Aedan, Verz, Triam, buut! If this thing works out, I'll PM you when I'll be starting the big one so you'll be first in line for that

[member="HK-36"] so starting out you'd roll for what gear we have? The reason why I'm asking is because obviously, my character has a lot of gear in this universe, so I'm wondering how that translates into this one.

HK-36

[member="Triam Akovin"]
What I was thinking is that I'll assign you starting gear so you're all on pretty much level, something like Aedan receiving a sword, Verz military ceramic armor, and you a rifle or a machine pistol and equal amount of credits so you can go shopping before the mission, your haggling modifier will be assigned based on your bios.

But that's just a rough idea, I'll keep you guys updated on what I'll settle on :p

HK-36

[member="Triam Akovin"], [member="Verz Horak"], [member="Aedan Miles"]

Pardon the double post, I've been thinking about it, would you guys prefer for me to set your starting gear so you all start at pretty much same level or roll a d20 for it to determine how well you handled living there up to this point?
:p If you would roll a 20 for it you could be potentially set for the rest of the scenario, but if you would roll a 1 you might be depending on your teammates to get you up to speed. It could be potentially funny :3

HK-36

[member="Eric-1224"]
Next time I'll be doing something like this, I'll let you know :p

[member="Verz Horak"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Triam Akovin"]
Alright, we'll roll for the gear then :p

The setting will be post-apocalypse U.S., you're SW chars trapped there by unknown means, you woke up one day at some space station, there was flash, whoosh, next thing you know you're middle of a desert.

But that was long time ago, you have experienced all this world had to offer. Pain, misery, struggle, the few friends you made, few lovers you maybe had, they're all gone now, taken by some wild horror of the Wastelands or by a fellow survivor, hungry for whatever loot or valuable possessions they had. You learned how to survive, by backstabbing, ruthlessness, and sometimes, just sometimes, rare acts of kindness. You still learn about this place everyday, unsure which sector of the Galaxy it is, but you can feel that it is a place without the Force.
The Force has forsaken in.

And even though human nature changes every day, just as the dunes travel through the Wastelands and new form of mutated life crawl out from some damned holes to try and skin you alive, you do not know who you can trust, who is an enemy and who is an ally.
But you know one thing, survival is the key. Survival never changes.

:p So yeah, that would be the intro, last thread took place in what used to be Texas, this time I'm thinking it will be in the ruins of Illinois, your party will start out in a saloon, you'll get to check out the settlement for supplies or weapons and armor and then you'll have to make a trek to the military base, find the bunker, get inside, retrieve the armor, meet up with your employer, and that will be the thread. The plot is loose, there'll be choices and branches along the way, but that gives you the idea what will happen :3

I also worked out combat rules, let me know what you think.
Accuracy, Dodge, and Block/Parry roles will all be d20 to determine hits, generally for damage Light Melee/Ranged will be d10 (three hits per turn max) Medium will be d20 (2 hits per turn), heavy d50 (one hit per turn) and superheavy (Like rocket launchers, gauss guns, plasma cannons) d100 and splash damage of d20 in proximity if the weapon has that option, they fire only once per post and you need another post to reload.

Now for special weapons,
Shotguns are 1d70 close range, 3d20 at medium range, with ability to hit multiple targets
Miniguns have 3 turns of 3d50 without reloading, reloading takes 2 turn
Sniper rifles have one shot per turn, they take a whole turn to reload, 1d50 and bonuses to accuracy rolls
Revolvers and Heavy Handguns have 1d40 per turn
Flamethrowers have 3d50, 3 turns without reloading, 2 turns to reload, they can be only used at close range, they deal 1d10 each turn for 3 turns at hit, and if you get shot in the fuel pack, you and anybody close to you get 20 damage and 1d10 for 3 turns

I can help create weapons and armor if you want.

Armor should have Dodge penalties/bonuses, depending on the armor, and I'm guessing it will have damage reduction? Or will it be D&D style where accuracy must overcome Armor?

HK-36

[member="Listeri Dalane"]
Sorry, we're already full on roster :p But I'll let you know when we'll be doing second thread of it,

[member="Verz Horak"]
Armor will be Dodge benefits/penalties and Damage Reduction, yep
Instead of hitpoints we'll do health in percentiles, so that everyone starts out at 100% instead of specific value, damage through dice is how much percentile of somebody's health you can take, so for example shotgun at close range can take maximum of 70% knocking them out on their ass and, depending where the shot will take place, kill them. With good armor of let's say reduction of 30 it would only take 40% and make shots from lighter weapons, like pistols, ineffective.

So, Armor,
Basically, it will be,
Light Armor- +5 Dodge Rolls, 5 damage reduction,
Medium Armor- +2 Dodge Rolls, 30 damage reduction,
Heavy armor- -5 Dodge Rolls, 50 damage reduction,
Powered Armor- -2 Dodge Rolls, 70 damage reduction

And the damage reduction would differ based on armor, so like Ceramic Military Vest would be +2 Dodge Rolls, 30 Projectile and Melee Damage Reduction, Flak Jacket +2 Dodge Rolls, 30 Explosive and Frag Damage Reduction, so the Ceramic Military Vest would be better against firearms and melee weapons when Flak Jacket would be better when dealing against explosives and fragmenting projectiles like larger grenades and rockets.

The armor would also deteriorate throughout combat, reducing its Damage Reduction over time, this can be fixed by a successive d20 roll by squad's engineer/technician :p

Also, I made some changes to the damage section,
Accuracy, Dodge, and Block/Parry roles will all be d20 to determine hits, generally for damage. On Blocks or Parries, rolling a d1, critical failure, means automatic disarmament.

Riposte- After a successful parry if wielding Light or Medium Melee Weapon you have an option to roll a d20 against the attacker's d20 + their parry modifier for bonus attack. Riposte is automatic if you roll a 20, gaining a critical success.

Reloading: Light Ranged Weapons are automatically reloaded, Medium, Heavy, and Superheavy weapons need to successfully roll a 1d20+modifier

Light Melee/Ranged will be d10 (three hits per turn max)
Medium will be d20 (2 hits per turn), heavy d50 (one hit per turn) and superheavy (Like rocket launchers, gauss guns, plasma cannons) d100 and splash damage of d20 in proximity if the weapon has that option, they fire only once per post and you need another post to reload.

Now for special weapons,
Shotguns are 1d70 close range, 3d20 at medium range, and 5d10 with ability to hit multiple targets on medium range, and hitting 5 different targets on long range. When reloading you need to roll a d6 to determine how many shells you loaded under pressure.
Miniguns have 3 turns of 5d30 without reloading, reloading takes 2 turn and you must make a successful d20 roll each turn.
Sniper rifles have one shot per turn, they take a whole turn to reload, 1d50 and bonuses to accuracy rolls, reloading doesn't require a roll.
Revolvers and Heavy Handguns have 1d40 per turn, reloading a revolver you need to roll a 1d6 to determine how many bullets you loaded into the chamber under pressure, for Heavy Handguns reloading is a 1d10 and it determines whether the clip is inserted into the pistol or not.
Flamethrowers have 3d50, 3 turns without reloading, 2 turns to reload, they can be only used at close range, they deal 1d10 each turn for 3 turns at hit, and if you get shot in the fuel pack, you and anybody close to you get 20 damage and 1d10 for 3 turns. When reloading a flamethrower you need to roll a 1d20 on your second turn, failure to beat a roll ends with some of the fuel spilling, critical fuel ends with canister exploding and dealing 20 fire damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom