Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Surprise

Cato nodded, "Maranatha. Do you think that's where we'll be packing our bags for, once all this is over?" He didn't mind it per se, though they hadn't given much discussion to where they'd move in general.

"I dunno," Cato mused, taking another bite, "and… I dunno. Not really sure how to get in contact with them otherwise, to be honest. Probably soon, if we can find the time for it. Once we've gotten ourselves a bit more settled in to this... new reality."

"Maranatha. Do you think that's where we'll be packing our bags for, once all this is over?"

"Would you like to go there?" Inanna returned his question with one of her own. She hadn't given much thought to where they would go, either. Probably because it hadn't quite sunk in that they were in this together from her on out.

This is insane, she suddenly thought. I'm pretty much living with Cato now. We have a kid to take care of. If I go with him to Bonadan, I'll be meeting his parents too. And it's only been a few months.

"Screw it," she muttered. "Wanna get married?"

Cato Harth Cato Harth

The look on his face was priceless. Inanna fought the urge to burst out laughing at his expression alone. No, no, she had to be serious about this. Somewhat serious, at least.

I said, do you wanna get married?” she asked again. “I also asked if you wanted to live in Maranatha.

Cato stared in complete silence for a long time. He wasn't catatonic, there was still life and thought behind his eyes, but he was having a hard time processing it all. He had never been much one for formalities, so perhaps it was fitting that this was how that question came up. Still, he found himself hoping for something a little more romantic. Marriage? She really wanted that? It had been such a short time. He loved her, but… it almost felt too soon out of principle.

"Wait here," Cato abruptly walked away to his room. He began rummaging around in his nightstand, grabbing something. He came back out, and presented a box. If he was getting married, he wanted to at least do it right. The knight cleared his throat, "Inanna… will you marry me?" He opened up the box to reveal a small ring. Why did he have one?

…He wasn't going to share that with her just yet. But it would do nicely.

"And… maybe,"
He smirked all throughout, finding a bit of enjoyment in the cheesy moment he had forced them into.

Wait, where are you going?” Inanna asked as Cato abruptly left the room. “... Okay then.” She did wait, as asked, until he returned holding a small box.

What?” she blurted upon seeing the ring. “How did you—But—” She blinked, then planted her fists on her hips, looking at him with might be termed fond exasperation. “You had this already planned?

This was not how she expected him to react. Apart from an outright rejection, she thought she’d have to do a little convincing, certainly some explaining as to why she was asking him to marry her so quickly. Some humans seemed to view marriage as the end of the story, whereas she saw it as the beginning.

Where did you get that ring, anyway?” she asked. Then, realizing that she was perhaps ruining the moment by asking too many questions, she quickly added, “Yes! Yes, I will marry you. Obviously, because I’m the one who asked first!

Without a ring. Then again, Shi’ido didn’t use rings, because they didn’t always have fingers to put them on… which just made this even funnier.

Aren’t you supposed to kneel or something, too?” she muttered, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a kiss.

Cato pursed his lips but didn't say anything. It was his turn to be amused by her reaction. Taking things slow had never really been Cato's MO, though admittedly even this was a bit fast for him, typically speaking. But Inanna made more of an impression on him than he had yet to truly admit aloud. She was a shining ray of light in a place that was sorely lacking in it. He didn't expect it to come this soon, but if she was ready, so was he.

Cato was actually about to answer her follow-up question, as soon as he found the romantic words for it, but she cut him off. He just laughed, "Just making sure you didn't suddenly change your mind," He slid the ring on her finger. It wasn't an exceptionally lavish ring, because he was, you know, poor. But hopefully she was more content to worry about the gesture than the cost, "The holos usually make this part a little more romantic so I'm getting what I can out of it."

The mention of kneeling did make him blink, "Damn. Yeah usually y-" She yanked him into a kiss, cutting him off. He grinned, and melted into it, pulling her closer. When it broke, he whispered, "I love you."

No way am I changing my mind,” she said, adjusting her finger to fit the ring. “Spontaneity is romantic. But, hang on…

Shi’ido did not give rings when proposing marriage, but gifts of another sort were common. She rifled around her person for something to make up for her earlier proposal’s lack of relative romance, eventually opening her palm to reveal… a nightstone.

Here, arranda. As a token of my affection, and so that we’re even.” She pressed it into his hand. "Put it in one of your fancy lightsabers and see what it does."

"I love you."

She grinned. "You said that earlier. But I like hearing it, and I love you... most." Gottem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom