Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Succession

OqiZyldr.jpg
Coruscant, New Jedi Temple, High Chamber

It was a few standard days after Omai Rhen's funeral, and the temple was smothered in a cloud of uncertainty. While everyone was going about their duties, melancholy and a sense of unease were a common sight on faces she saw. This couldn't continue to be the case if they wanted to fight against the dark forces in the galaxy, or even help the people within the Alliance. The order needed new leadership, a direction to carry them forward in these foreboding times.

She had seen fit to send a call out, across the Alliance and to Jedi out on assignment, that a conclave to determine Grand Marshal Rhen's successor was to be held. If they could attend, either by holo or in person, it would help give the Order a sense of stability. She had even sent the call to some of the Fringe Forcers. If they wanted to get their house in order enough to actually fight against Sith or Ren, they would need support from those not within the NJO's purview.

So now, she waited as was her habit, in the High Chamber for others to arrive.

OOC:

This thread is to determine the next Grand Marshal of the NJO. Both members of the New Jedi Order and allies are welcome to attend.

Temple Lobby

She was carrying her lightsabers again, at least one of them anyway.

After the incident on Kraysis she had not wanted the weapons on her, but everything since then had brought back a certain level of balance to her. For now she carried only the lightsbaer that her father had given her, a weapon that brought peace to her mind in more ways than once. It was a reminder of her family, but more than that, the crystal that was stored inside of it forced a calm upon her, something that she would likely need on a day like today.

Emotions since Master Rhen's death had been high for many. She mourned his loss of course, but she'd had a conversation with the man before about this very outcome. Death had been part of what they did as Jedi, fighting against the dark. They had both known that, morbid as it was to think about.

She frowned for a moment, glancing around the grand room.

Aela had not made it to the new Temple on Coruscant before today, and for some odd reason the grand structure sat ill with her. She could not have said why, but something felt odd about it to her. Lips thinning the young woman shook her head. "Imagining things."

She said to herself quietly before she slowly headed off towards the meeting hall.

Her duties as the commander of the GA medvac as it pertained to Ojom and Thyferra prevented her from attending Omai Rhen's funeral, but now that the proper structure was in place for operations on these two planets, she could now attend the conclave where succession-related matters were being discussed. This time around, she didn't wear the beskar armor, but the white dress uniform her command instituted. Which looked much like white medical scrubs with shoulder boards and sleeve insignia. As a fringe Forcer, she was met by [member="Taeli Raaf"] and [member="Aela Talith"], the former being alongside her in the Metharian Nebula campaign, the latter she didn't fight with. Maybe there will be others attending the conclave - if there is one thing I know of leadership, it's that, while I'm not stranger to commanding large units, it's not the same to be leading a naval branch vs. a Force-using order, she thought, while keeping quiet and waiting in the temple's hall for whatever others could possibly wish to attend a conclave of that nature, much less take the lead of the NJO.

He had taken hispersonal freighter out to Coruscant. Coren knew that there was a lot of trouble going around on the world. Some weird home grown group that might have rather been part of the First Order and their round abuot fascism. Give people freedom, that was the goal of the Alliance, Still, there were some people who just couldn’t appreciate nice things. Probably why he hadn’t settled in the Core again. Still, his son was out there running work with the Guard, and Directorate, taking the fight to the dark side. And those that were looking to disrupt the Alliance for their own precious narratives.

Some people were just evil, was all. And Coren understood, as taught by Omai Rhen, that there were just beings that needed to be removed from the galaxy’s dejarik board. Following a call, he knew that the Grand Marshal spot had to be filled. He wasn’t looking for it, personally. He was a Sentinel and an Explorer. He had a set of skills and a mind that kept him on the wander, adventuring and bringing new things to light.

The Sentinel landed his favored freighter and greeted the welcoming team. He was in spacer gear, lightsaber on one hip, pistol on the other. No armor, no Jedi robes. His pace was not hurried, but determined.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Aela Talith"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Cathul Thuku"]

Heaving a sigh, she left the top chamber to make her way down to where the meeting was going to be held. To get the input of the New Jedi Order and its allies, the conclave to decide who would succeed Rhen and the course of action they would all take was being held off the Great Hall. The turbolift trip down was uneventful, but even just that short amount of time allowed her to feel the trepidation within the Temple. There was just too much uncertainty, and while that could be useful, she would need to combat it today.

Reaching the first level, she could already tell that not many had arrived yet. That was... concerning, for the outward Jedi Master that she was. Hopefully it was just a case of late stragglers or people would be attending by holo.

"I do hope this isn't everyone," she said when she spotted Aela. "If so, this is going to pain a few bleak picture."

Among those whom she would expect attending, either as a late straggler or by holo, were [member="Trextan Voidstalker"] or [member="Aryn Teth"], and frankly, she'd rather trust either of them to lead the NJO over herself, or even [member="Taeli Raaf"], probably more so Trextan than Aryn, since the command of a sector army is equally different from leading the NJO as the command of a fleet. On top of that she'd rather not pile on too many duties on top of any one individual - it would be risky for the Alliance, especially in its weakened state. As for [member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Aela Talith"], she'd rather trust the latter over the former. However, Aryn and her could liaise with whoever the leader will be, for grounding and fleeting stuff respectively. I get that leaving the grounding and fleeting to people that actually have skill in that area is just good practice, but the difference in organizational cultures will likely prove too much for Aryn or me to manage effectively. I could always run the MedCorps if it came to that; they will be happy with me so long as I do not attempt to merge Therapy Command with it, she thought.

"Me too, I hope it isn't everyone"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom