Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subjugation of Zygerria [Satine]

Zygerria.

The royal palace was a buzz with it's workers and guards readying the entire place for who was arriving. There were those who cleaned and those who prepared meals. Guard Captains who ordered for every possible type of attack or surprise should the slaves, or anyone else, dare to interrupt this important occasion. And while all this went on, inside her room, Queen Satine D"nara was being cleaned and dressed for the arrival of her planet's newest allies: the Sith.

While their planet had remained in Sith space the Empire had paid little attention to Zygerria or it's people. The Zygerrians never attacked any Imperial forces or took any captives for slaves, not had they really interfered in the affairs of their enemies like the Republic, at least not as far as they knew. They were a simple planet that had remained more-or-less out of sight for the longest time, continuing their slaver trade wherever possible. That was before Satine's powers of the force were discovered, and just recently after a slave rebellion had taken place on the planet. Now was the time for negotiations to be met by the planet's newest Queen.

After finishing Satine looked at herself in the large mirror in her room, deciding that her current dress was sufficient enough for the occasion. Looking to a nearby servant droids, she said "You. Accompany me."

The droid answered with a bow while saying "As you wish, majesty."

She turned her attention to the slaves and said "The rest of you be prepared to attend to any of our guests' needs. Any failures and I'll have you working the mines until your deaths. Understood?"

They all answered in a unison "Yes, your majesty." before hurrying out the door.

One final look in the mirror and Satine nodded, feeling ready as ever. She strode down the halls of her palace, the servant droid following close behind, before reaching outside to the very front of it. A large space was waiting for the Sith's ship to land with a line of Zygerrian soldiers standing at the ready to present to them once they exited. Others stood waiting such as her captain of the guard and most decorated general, and joined her at the first landing on the large set of stairs that lead into the palace. Everything was set and ready with banners flying both the Empire's insignia and Zygerria's royal symbol, the royal forces standing at attention, and many servants and citizens gathering to see what was going on all about.

When the Sith's vessel finally came into view Satine could not help but smirk as she watched them descend.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
Zygerria, home to species that Krag had mixed feeling towards. The Graug, who had recently set up a colony on Kalee after committing genocide and slavery against its natives, were a species know for the immense violence and bloodlust. The first band of explorers who tried to make first contact with the Graug were mercilessly slaughtered and hung in the streets like animals, resulting in a near galaxy wide embargo and quarantine on the species. Thus, near no one was aware of what a Graug was and those who knew of them didn't know a thing about their culture or what they even looked like. The Zygerrians were not anything like this, however, for Krag was able to learn a wealth of information about the times of their Slave Empire. The cat-like humanoids were well known for their ferocity and violent nature, a trait that landed them a quick place on the Jedi's hit-list back in the day.

Just like the Mandalorians, however, the Zygerrians had grown weak and helpless. Krag would have to evaluate their worth himself and that meant traveling to the planet to speak with whoever was considered their "ruler". If they were as great as legend said, perhaps Krag could use them to further the advancement of the Graug Empire. In exchange for assistance smuggling Graug out of the Quarantine Zone and allowing them to begin a small colony in the neither regions, Krag would see to it that the ferocious Graug would help them restart their glorious slaving empire. With the protection of the Sith and the natural hunting skills and strength of the Graug, they could easily capture any prey and become the Empire's ultimate source of slaves. Of course, this was something that would only be considered after Krag had finished his evaluation of the situation.

Krag opened a communication channel to the Imperial Palace, sending the following message

"I am Krag, knight of the Empire and Lord of the Graug, I demand that you make your landing pad open to my arrival."

@[member="Satine D'nara"]

A moment after he gave his request, a security member said "Clearance granted." over the intercom to @[member="Krag"]. "Welcome, Lord Krag."

Some of the guards had to move the growing crowds of citizens back in order to provide the proper space for the ship to land. Once it did and the Sith exited all the guards and servants who were standing by bowed before their Imperial guests. As he approached Satine examined this brutish figure and seemed a bit put-off. She was expecting a more grander representative of the Sith. A regal lord or perhaps a mysterious knight-like character, not a brute. But then she did begin to think that those types were needed as well to give an imposing image to the Empire. When Krag came close enough she bowed, along with her servant droid and the officials who were with her to greet him.

"Greetings, Sith Master." Satine said after bowing. "It is an honor to have you here on Zygerria."

Other Space Kaiden

The welcome that Krag received was more extravagant than he had yet to receive in the Sith, yes less grand than a welcome he would have received on his home planet. Still, such a welcome was a surprise and it gave Krag reason to spread his lips into a cynical grin that stretched from one side of his head to the other. The beast's stride through the halls of the palace were no different in atmosphere, all bows and fearful gazes, as it should be. Upon entering the chambers of the so called queen, Krag was greeted with more bows from a droid and some important looking political figures. The one in the middle of the crowd, in front of a large throne, finished her bow and spoke.

"Greetings, Sith Master." Satine said after bowing. "It is an honor to have you here on Zygerria."

"Of course it is" Krag snorted, neglecting to mention that he was not yet a master of the Sith "The Empire has sent me to....settle diplomatic issues with you."

Despite his remark, Satine kept her composure. "Of course, of course." she said. "Please, if you would follow me."

She gestured for him to follow her from the throne room down one of the other halls. As they walked they were accompanied by the Zygerrian officials as well as her servant droid. They walked behind while Satine walked next to @[member="Krag"], while keeping somewhat of a distance at the same time.

"It's good to know that Zygerria may now have a larger role in helping the Empire." Satine began as they still walked. "While we've been within your space for so long we've not had much dealings with the Sith themselves. Blame that on the past two generations of rulers who felt they wanted to remain out of sight from the Imperial forces. I intend to change that."

Eventually they'd reached a large dining hall with a long table already set with food and eating utensils. Servants stood waiting a ways from where the table, some with jugs of water and cups and others simply standing and waiting. A number of exotic foods were on the table, some larger plates than others, but a few were definitely from off-planet. Satine indicated for Krag to sit wherever he wished after she'd taken her place at the head of the table. After Krag had sit the other officials sat where they could.

"Please," she said to Krag "enjoy." indicating the food.

Other Space Kaiden

Krag was silent, but still listening, as the two marched down the corridor and to the dinning hall. Krag's predicament, meaning his ashy skin, was the result of a curse put upon him with Sith Magic and it took some getting used too. He found out what, in strides, that he still required to eat and that he could be wounded with light sabers and other such weapons. Still, he was losing more and more of the most basic force powers with quickening haste, even his sense to feel the force within others was slowly diminishing. Even so, Krag felt an odd presence from the woman next to him and that was a hint enough to say that she may have been force sensitive. The Knight wouldn't say anything, for now.

Entering the dining hall, Krag found himself amongst slaves and large quantities of food. Taking a seat at the other end of the table, across from Satine, Krag sniffed the air with a grotesque snort. Graug were carnivorous by nature and the smell of meat caused heavy salivating in Krag's mouth.

Picking up a large slab of Grazer meat from a nearby platter, Krag began to speak "What is it that you want to speak about? You say you want to help the Empire?" Krag asked bluntly, before adding, "Well then...convince me."

Satine answered with a blunt yet civil "Very well then." She took a sip from a large goblet she had filled with wine before continuing with "As you know our main trade comes from selling off and bartering slaves to others throughout the galaxy. While we're not the largest we're one of the more productive. With that in mind I'm sure we can provide you with as many slaves as you wish to do with as you wish. Target practice?' she suggested. "Use in some experiments? Maybe enthrall them to be foot soldiers for your forces to use against your enemies? Whatever you wish."

After she was done speaking one of the officials stood and said "And we're prepared to offer our ships as well, Master @[member="Krag"]. We've a large number of freighters for shipping supplies to where you need. In terms of combative ships, however, we've very little. Mainly small fighters. But I'm sure an arrangement can be made for providing a decent amount."

The second official, the General of Zygerria's forces, stood next and said "And with that in mind you and you're empire can be reassured that should the need ever come for Zygerria to provide it's services in war, her people will answer."

"Thank you, gentlemen." Satine said, making them both bow to her before sitting down. She turned her attention back to Krag as she said "As you can see we're more than happy to ally ourselves with the Sith Empire. However, there is something that I would like in return."

Other Space Kaiden

Krag listened intently, they seemed loyal enough but the species themselves still seemed very weak to Krag. Still, Krag was here as a voice of the Emperor and he would be glad to hear that the primitives were willing to die for the glory of the Empire. All seemed to be going well and Krag just munched on the slab of meat he had grabbed, the taste was exquisite and each savory bite was well worth the travel time to this dust bowl of a planet. Then, without warning, the atmosphere got dark as the words "in return" left the queen's mouth. Return? The Empire let their people live and didn't turn their planet into another Kalee, that should have been gift enough.

"Return? The good grace to not have your people slaughtered in droves in gift enough!" Krag growled, his eyes burning holes through the Queen

Satine smirked despite his imposing look, trying to not show how nervous she truly was, and said "This is not a matter of Zygerria. This is for myself only." Her finger trailed over the rim of her goblet as she said "I've heard much about how powerful you Sith truly are. Enough to create an entire empire based around your powers. Something I find quite fascinating and something I...share."

Looking towards a slave who was holding the bottle of wine at the ready for her queen, Satine raised her hand and the bottle began to levitate. The slave jumped a little as the bottle floated for a moment, some of the other slaves looking as well while the two Zygerrian officials simply watched with ease. It slowly floated towards the queen before settling in her hand. Refilling the goblet herself Satine eventually sent the bottle back to the slave before sipping from her cup.

"I first discovered this power when I was a girl." she began to explain to @[member="Krag"]. "My mother and father thought it was a curse or a disease. They made me stop doing it for the longest time, instead trying to teach me combative and political arts. But that didn't stop me from using this gift I was given. I used to make the birds that would land near my window dance or move things around and confuse the slaves. However, after hearing of what the Sith can do, I see where the greater potential lies for me. I do not simply want to join the Sith, I wanted to become one."

Other Space Kaiden

A laugh, a deep malevolent laugh was what followed the queen's words. Krag's deep laugh boomed like the voices of the gods, filling the room with an echoing evil that was fit for the likes of hell. Placing his clawed hands on the table, Krag stood slowly, and his laugh just got deeper and louder while he raised himself up to a standing position. With his dark gaze locked onto @[member="Satine D'nara"] , Krag began to speak in his voice of thunder "One of us? A weakling like you can not even begin to fathom...true power!" Still starring at the queen, Krag began to focus on the light fixtures spread throughout the room. With his skill in pyrokinesis, the beast began to heat the lights to scorching degrees. Within a few seconds, the lights exploded from the immense heat and rendered the room completely dark. But not for long.

"THIS IS TRUE POWER!" Krag boomed as he threw his hand out at the nearest group of slaves, a cloud of force flames spewing from the center of his palm. The slaves shrieked in terror and pain as their skin was melted from their bones. Without hesitation, Krag threw out his other hand towards a group of slaves on the other side of the table and called upon the force to launch a searing ball of flame at them. The orb of fire impacted one of the slaves and then exploded outwards, catching the rest of the group ablaze. Hearing the screams, a group of guards rushed in through a door behind Krag with their weapons drawn. No sooner had they entered the room then was Krag spinning on his heel a throwing both hands out at them. With the force, the beast called upon a vortex of embers and ashes from his body that created a winding vortex of black death that consumed the guards. Their screams were short, but they were very frightening and cringe inducing.

With his fun concluded, Krag turned back towards the Queen. The light from the open door was enough to provide light, which caste a long demonic shadow of Krag across the dinning table. With a malevolent grin, Krag spoke, "You think that you can learn true power?....weakling."

Satine had been gasping at all the feats of power @[member="Krag"] demonstrated. She watched as her slaves were turned to ash by this monster's power, completely destroying them. The two officials had stood and looked nervous as ever as they watched slaves being burned alive. It was made even worse when the guards had come running in and were also obliterated. The general moved to act but was stopped by the other before he would make a grave mistake.

When it was over the cries of the few remaining slaves could be heard as they wept over their dead fellows. Some they new as family, others as friends, but now it didn't matter anymore. At first Satine was furious with what he'd done, killing perfectly good slaves like that. But then she began to imagine herself wielding that kind of power. Still looking at the remains of the dead Satine stood from her chair, the officials looking to her for a response. The general almost seemed too eager to sound the alarm had have them throw everything they could at this monster. But then Satine, looking back to Krag, look more bewildered and amazed than angered.

"Yes...." she said in response to his question. "I want to learn. I want that power!" She walked over towards him from the right side of the table, the officials looking dumbfounded, as she finally said "Teach me! You or any other Sith in your forces. Teach me how to wield that power!"

Other Space Kaiden

Krag snorted, looking down at the cat-like humanoid "Then find a master willing to teach a pathetic being such as you...I will not until you have proven yourself." Leaning forward, Krag growled "Queens on my planet rule only when they prove powerful...it is pitiful that your species looks up to you."

"They look up to me because I was born into this title!" she snapped back at him. "But just because I am queen does not mean I do not know hoe to defend myself."

She looked to her droid and signaled for it to leave. She did the same for her officials who, at first, looked as though they did not wish to leave her. A stern look from their Queen made them both bow and leave, along with the remaining slaves.

Satine turned back to @[member="Krag"], standing at his right, and said "I've learned may forms of combat among my people. And I've researched the styles your enemy, the Jedi, use as well." The droid soon returned carrying a small box which it presented to the Queen before leaving. Opening it she said "Look!" revealing a pair of lightsabers. "These were taken by a rouge Jedi who tried to undermine my slave operations. He'd joined with the rebellion that rose against me but he, like the others who fought, perished. "I had the pleasure of choking the life out of him myself." She took both of them out of the box and activated them, revealing one blue and one green. "My people do more than look up to me, the fear me!"

Other Space Kaiden

Again, Krag laughed and took a step forward "Your people are cowardly banthas following a weak nerf." Krag growled "And I don't fear nerfs." without a moments hesitation, Krag summoned his saber to his hand and ignited it. As soon as the blade was lit, Krag struck at the queen with a downward motion to try and bisect her down the middle. His immense natural strength was less than a wookiee's but not by much, enough to break through even a good defense.

On instinct Satine blocked @[member="Krag"] 's attack but stumbled back from the impact. She recovered and looked angered, taking it that this Sith wanted to test her abilities. She took comfort in knowing it was at least in combat and not with the force, she had more confidence in her abilities in that area anyways. She took a deep breath and crossed both of her blades in front of her, showing she was ready for a fight. With that she lunged one forward at Krag while bringing the other from behind to slice at his left shoulder.

Other Space Kaiden

Krag awaited the next attack, focusing the darkside into his body as to enhance his abilities. He wasn't sure what he expected the queen to do, but judging from her figure he could guess she was the quick and bouncy type as a pose to his own brute-like approach. With a lunge, @[member="Satine D'nara"] charged at him and tried to impale Krag with her first saber while bringing a second around towards his left shoulder. Krag wasn't fast enough to dodge either attack, but he was able to twirl his saber and knock the first blade away with relative ease. The second blade, however, was too quick for the beast to dodge and he was forced to take the blow to his Ultrachrome armor. The saber struck the black shoulder plate, heating the armor but not penetrating it enough to harm Krag.

Staggering backward, Krag took a breath of air before spouting a cloud of force flames in the direction of his opponent.

Satine smirked to herself as she saw the blade drive into @[member="Krag"]'s armor, even if it did not penetrate. At least he would see that she wasn't as weak as he supposed. When the force flame came towards her she rolled out of the way before standing up. She knew fighting him head on with her own force skills would not be enough to defeat him so she needed to be clever. She summoned the force to throw one of the nearby chairs at Krag from behind. When he was distracted by that she rushed forward with both blades. Both were held at her sides as she tried to use a scissor attack on the brute.

Other Space Kaiden

Krag was not expecting the chair to the back and it caused him to turn slightly, but he didn't take his full attention off of the queen. Krag didn't move backward, as one would expect when being charged, instead he took a large step into the attack before it could be launched. Close range was Krag's strongest specialty and he used the woman's own speed to that advantage. Once he had completed his step, the beast swung his blade in an upward motion while concentrating the force through his blade to create a secondary blade of fire that extended past the tip of the lightsaber's blade.

Satine was taken off-guard by this counter move. She avoided the second blade of fire narrowly before flipping backwards. When she landed on her feet she saw part of her dress had been cut from @[member="Krag"]'s moves, she needed to pat out a small flame that had come from it as well. She narrowed her eyes at the monster before charging again only this time she jumped over him and landed on the table. She turned and tried to deliver a kick to his face before slicing at him with her blades.

Other Space Kaiden

Krag was unprepared for the show of acrobatics from Satine, turning just in time to receive the kick into his nose. Krag stumbled back with one foot and was helpless to stop the twin blades from slicing across the armor plates on his chest. Again the blades didn't penetrate but did leave steaming scars of crisp metal in their wake. It was time to end this, Krag had seen enough. While the queen was still in range, Krag thrashed out with his free hand to grab the woman by her throat and left her into the air with his massive hand. If he were successful, the heat from his ashy skin would surly burn her and his hand would be locked around her throat like a vice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom