Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Subach-Innes Blowout Auction Part 1: Capital Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
This was quite the day for surprises. At the last possible moment before Ice could make the subsidy transfer to RRDI accounts, another message came through to his datapad. From his other business associate Mr. Larraq. "Hmm, now what's this about? Hopefully in regards my new ship request." He muttered to himself as he read the ever so brief message.

In that brief message, was a rather shocking list of things realised. And one of those items Ice did not suspect from him. "Well that's what I get for using my corporate datapad instead of my personal one." Still, Ice was used to being the slicer, not being sliced by another. He was willing to overlook the offense though do to the nature of the proposal.

"Larraq. That's a rather intriguing offer you make. I trust a man such as yourself knows the implications of what it is you're offering, yes? Namely conspiracy to bribe a public official, being the most blatantly obvious. However, due to our previously successful business relationship in the past, and our current business proposals on the table. I'm willing to consider what you have to say. But, I will need some explanation. After all, the Shadow Empire stands to gain much with the acquisition our loan to RRDI will provide.

The credits you offered has me listening. But as I don't know what you are planning in the wake of my withdrawn funds, is there anything you can offer the Shadow Empire in addition so I don't feel like I am cheating the country out of useful ships and equipment by failing to provide a loan at the proper time?"

He hesitated sending the message for a moment. Bringing up his personal datapad which was much more secure. Ice retyped the message and sent it to Larraq on that.

After all, Ice thought to himself. As long as SE can have access to those ships...what would the country care? Its not he'd be taking any government funds at that point. And SE would still get what they were after. At least, that is what he was hoping Larraq would come back with.

[member="Captain Larraq"]
Sorry for the delay [member="Ice"]. Working 60 hours in 6 days, dragged around driving family members from airports, and getting quarantined in the country with no wifi and poor cell coverage for the remainder of the week has made posting difficult.

The message that greeted [member="Ice"]'s inbox was a simple and logical one. <Both in the long term and the short, the proposition my company has put forth for members of RRDI provides a greater potential for growth and sound business decisions than other opportunities that have been made available to them. This superior business opportunity provides RRDI with superior bargaining power than other options, which in turn means superior potential benefits and production levels from RRDI factories within Shadow Empire territory.>

Knowing full well the state of the government and the unlikelihood that it would last too much longer. Ice wasn't overly concerned about new ships and equipment for the Shadow Empire. In fact, it had been this reason that caused him to move his company into a more neutral and open status to the galaxy on the whole in the first place. Larraq's response was suspicious at best. If all he was concerned about was RRDI being able to have a better bargaining position, he'd be pleased to offer a loan in addition to SE providing one. Ice very much doubted the innocent reply was all that his deal with RRDI entailed. Still, the chance to make 50% more credits than he was about to. And in a manner far more difficult to prove as anything but coincidence, Ice decided to play along.

"Very well [member="Captain Larraq"]. You have a deal. A letter of denial will be sent out to RRDI as soon as the credits have hit the account."

And with that message away. A new message was prepared and sent to [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] as soon as Larraq had fulfilled his end of the bargain.

"Miss Willamina,

We regret to inform you that we will be unable to grant the 1 billion credit loan for the acquisition of ship designs and manufacturing rights. Due to the current state of affairs within the Empire, we simply cannot spare the funds. We want to wish you the best of luck with your endeavor though.

Sincerely,

Ice
Shadow Hand of the Emperor"

[member="Rave Merrill"] - Attrition-class Star Destroyer; Starting Bid + 1%
[member="Jared Ovmar"] - Nihilus-class Super Star Destroyer Fragment; Starting Bid + 1%

At this time, we would like to invite [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] to please elaborate on her offer and prove that she can afford it. If she cannot prove sufficient funds exist to pay for her bid, then the contracts will be awarded to the next highest bidder.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
[member="Ayden Cater"]
I'm not following you. What am I elaborating?
Our Tier IV company mass-produces capital warships for a living and has been doing so for the past eight real-life months. Didn't know there was anything vague about the offer. :(
I must ask that you elaborate on what you are asking be elaborated before I am able to answer this question.

Failing that, I'll remind you that you said each design was seven times its average cost, and RRDI has been making capital ships of greater or lesser size for IRL months, over a handful of Major Faction and Minor Faction contracts. Point in case; I've made billions in sales. Is it cutting it close? Very. Is it impossible? Hardly, just risky.

Failing all else, there is Larraq's offer. But he ain't getting 30% because only one individual has even that much.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

OOC
IC, please. This is a very large sum, so we have to question sources.

Also, the bid for the Attrition was not considered because the auction has no ties to OP. Ayden's name is placed nowhere on any document connected to SI, so the auction house had no incentive to include that limited piece of the bid.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
[member="Ayden Cater"]​
(Ah, sorry)​
Saera brought up the previous invoices, contracts and sales records of RRDI for the past five years. These included Major Contract global sales of ships and goods to the Mnenchei Dominion, the Galactic Republic, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Shadow Empire and the Red Ravens. Smaller contract records included open market sales (inadvertently including the Horde via blackmarket) and the minor contracts of the Crystalsong Commonwealth and the upcoming co-development agreement with Tenloss.
Included were also smaller subsidies or loans from the Crystalsong Commonwealth (of 100,000,000), Alachei Mnemenos (of 500,000,000), Aynea Xyhn (of 150,000,000), secretly Circe Savan (of 500,000,000) and several nondescript contributions. Lastly was the company's (non-classified) stations and its tier-IV status (pending approval because the Factory is closed, but can be linked to).
Ri'ess Regal Drives may have been spending itself down to a hair in the capital starship auction, but it was manageable with the returns the immediate production of the new line of ships would bring. As even the auction had stated, selling just seven would make up for their costs, which could be done on contract here and there to more than make up the difference.
It was a classic case of "spending credits to make credits."

No, but considering Circe and by Extension Ayden never had rights to the blueprints, you technically dont even have them. I told Ayden to pull them, but he didn't so now you have non existent blueprints. Good Job.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]
And we're all bidding on nonexistent ships with nonexistent blueprints with nonexistent money or nonexistent items backed by nonexistent companies to use with our imaginary characters in a make believe setting on a place that doesn't exist outside of numbers, coding, and a glowing screen.

Its a game, man. If you're that upset about it, throwing a fit publicly only harms your case. If its that much of a problem then go speak to an Admin and see if they can help.

Arthur David Hardrada said:

No, but considering Circe and by Extension Ayden never had rights to the blueprints, you technically dont even have them. I told Ayden to pull them, but he didn't so now you have non existent blueprints. Good Job.
A- I made no bids on Capital Ships. I don't care.

B- "Manufacturer: Designed and constructed by Iferetes Aviotics, Subach, and Serpena's driveyards."

Subach-Innes is listed as having participated in the design and production of the ship. OOC, when you ask someone to make a unique ship for you... the trade-off you're getting for the generosity of the writer who runs the IC company is that the IC company retains blueprints and other data on the ship they just constructed for you.

If you feel otherwise, I would suggest taking the matter up with Staff... But as it's a... fairly substandard ship that didn't require a dev thread... I don't see the issue. IC, the deal is done. IC, you likely wouldn't even be aware of such a transaction taking place. IC, the best you could do it attempt to steal the blueprints back. OOC? There was plenty of time to speak with Ayden and Circe about this before the Auction was closed.

[member="Arthur David Hardrada"] | [member="Captain Larraq"]

Hi. Company judge here.

"Manufacturer: Designed and constructed by Iferetes Aviotics, Subach, and Serpena's driveyards."

This is a quote from the Infernus-Class Heavy Cruiser submission. Subach is listed as both a designer and constructor of the ship. This means that Subach at the least has the schematics, otherwise it would not be able to contribute to the construction of the Infernus-Class Heavy Cruiser. You should not list companies that you do not want to have schematics to your ship as being a manufacturer of your ship. Otherwise these things happen.

I advise approaching Larraq ICly and demanding some sort of percentage of profits derived from sales of the ship, since you helped design the ship and its schematics are at least partially yours. Whether or not Larraq responds to this by throwing a bunch of asteroids into your planet is beyond my control, though, so choose carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom