Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Subach-Innes Blowout Auction Part 1: Capital Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mere day before the sudden announcement of an massive Subach Innes auction, every employee found themselves without a job and six months of severance pay. The message they received was the same one that many throughout the galaxy were now seeing.

Subach-Innes is closing. Please join us for the Blowout Auction.

Taking place over the Holonet, there was only a ten credit buy-in. The host was a nondescript man, not noteworthy in any sense. Every schematic for sale included the complete master design file, as well as the legal exclusive production rights. While no one could just copy the file from an image, it was easy to determine that these were legitimate files. No chance on getting burned.

Those items that had been made for political or corporate entities would be given preferential treatment on acquisition.

Capital Ships

[*]Frigates (200 - 500 Meters) - All design bids starting at sixty million credits

[*]Cruisers (500 - 1,000 Meters) - All design bids starting at four hundred million credits

[*]Star Destroyers (1,000+ Meters) - All design bids starting at one billion credits

Note:
All designs, for parts or whole, of the E-class series, TIE Detonator, and TIE Spectre, TIE Harbinger, Guardian-class Assault Monitor, TIE Bow Elite Starfighter, and TIE Agitator will be turned over to Sienar Fleet Systems, free of charge, to settle any standing legal matters.

Note 2:
Any designs not awarded to PCs will be assumed taken by private interests and thrown to the void of NPCs.

Note 3:
Design price points were made according to listed prices of comparable ships on the Wookiepedia times seven. Bids for single ships for private collectors can be made. The minimum bid for these is one tenth the starting design bid price.

Note 4:
The auction will close in a little more than seventy-two (72) hours, at 8 PM EST on the 26th.

Relevant Post

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
As fate would have it, Saera retired, to be reinstated as COO of Ri'ess Regal Drives, to be fired, to be reinstated again, only to be summarily fired once more. This time, there was no "Lumina Group," no corporate alliance, no merger. At least RRDI held a good reputation and never once, itself, had an issue with a major galactic power. There was the incident of the Horde using black marketed RRDI vehicles, and the Mandalorians stealing data from the Republic, but neither were the company's liability.
Here she found herself, the heir of the now-vilified Savan dynasty, finding different means to the same ends. She was going to buy out everything and anything, and merge Subach Innes' ideas with their own.
"I place the opening bid on every ship."
Already Saera began arranging for government subsidies from various powers in order to cover some of the fees, and keep the corporation from nigh bankrupting itself before it could even begin expanded production. However, it was money that, if bids were won, would quickly pay for themselves and be paid back. There was actually very little risk.

A message went out to Senator and Queen Alachei Mnemenos, Vice President [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"], Emperor [member="Tiberius Rex"], Shadow Hand [member="Ice"], Grand Scion [member="Aless Mnaya"] and the girl's own mother, Aynea Xyhn. These were just the ones she knew of. The message was tidied up by her legal team, of course, since she was only fourteen and her literacy was 'pleasant' at best.

Dear Leaders and Administrators of our contracted governments,

I come asking you for a subsidy loan in order to push a very large production project forward, which you will benefit from as early as one month. This company would like to buy the recently auctioned assets of the Subach Innes Corporation. Our business has been reputable in the past and until today, so I ask that you trust me and our financial department on this decision. I humbly request that subsidies between ten million and one billion credits be made to Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries as soon as possible. This funding can and will be returned to you either upon failure to acquire Subach Innes' assets or after the first production of these assets under our manufacture. I will also make sure that extra products are made available to you from Ri'ess Regal.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Saera Aynea Willamina
Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries, C.O.O.

Ice raised an eyebrow at the message he had received from the c.o.o. of RRDI. She wants that large of a sum, and only wants to pay back what was borrowed and grant access to being able to purchase the ships once built? Sure not, he thought to himself. Pulling up his datapad, he typed out a new message.

"Miss Willamina,

From the looks of your message. It appears that you don't plan to pay interest, offer a discount, share of the profits, or anything really in return for this loan you are requesting. Outside of giving us permission to purchase the ships once you build them. However, I know a business woman such as yourself could not possibly mean this to be the case.

So before I can work to authorize a loan in the sum you want. I respectfully request you to please clarify how you mean to make it worth our while to loan you these funds. That way, we can all benefit from this acquisition. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you, and eagerly await your response.

Sincerely,

Ice
Shadow Hand of the Emperor"

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Saera Willamina Savan

Saera's reply went directly from her liquid-pontite display datapad back to [member="Ice"].

Thank you for your reply!

RRDI's universal sales contract already supplies the Shadow Empire with all of our public wares at government and wholesale discounts, including these additions. If I make it any cheaper, we will be spending credit instead of making it!

Like I said in my last message, more products will be made for the Shadow Empire from RRDI's own manufacture with the same discounts as our contract.

You'll basically be getting your credits back, an armada of new ships and a unique, exclusive line of products! I hope you'll help us!

Thx
Luv, Saera

A smirk played across his face as he read the reply. "No need to be sarcastic darlin'." He said to himself when he got to the end of her letter.

"Thank you for your prompt reply.

I simply required that detail in writing before I approved the transfer. Attached to this communique is a standard contract we need filled out to show inclusion of the new ship designs that you will acquire. Once we have received a signed copy, we will transfer the sum of one billion credits to your account immediately. Also attached is the account information we will need you to transfer the credits back to.

Good luck with the auction!

Best regards,

Ice
Shadow Hand to the Emperor"

Saera Willamina Savan

Receiving the update reply from the Shadow Hand to the Emperor [member="Ice"] again, Saera went quickly to work reviewing page upon page of written contractual agreement and all signature points. A copy also had to be forwarded to and examined by Ri'ess Rega Drives' entire legal division for expert review. Then, the Board of Directors had to sign it, which meant forwarding the contract to Aynea, Alachei and the few active others (NPC's in this case, since Popo hasn't bought in yet). That would finally come back to Saera, and her signature as Chief Operating Officer would finalize the official subsidy and transfer the credits.
It took about a galactic-standard hour to reach Ice again, but with it was attached the contract, signed by all named individuals and with RRDI's secure corporate forwarding account.
Saera included a manifest of all the ship she hoped to attain, as well as the official auction rates.
Capital Ships

[*]

[*]Frigates (200 - 500 Meters) - All design bids starting at sixty million credits

[*]

[*]Cruisers (500 - 1,000 Meters) - All design bids starting at four hundred million credits

[*]

[*]Star Destroyers (1,000+ Meters) - All design bids starting at one billion credits

((( If we get this thread to ten posts, we can count it as an official contract, and I can finally get my promo! )))​

Særa Ayña Savan said:
Dear Leaders and Administrators of our contracted governments,

I come asking you for a subsidy loan in order to push a very large production project forward, which you will benefit from as early as one month. This company would like to buy the recently auctioned assets of the Subach Innes Corporation. Our business has been reputable in the past and until today, so I ask that you trust me and our financial department on this decision. I humbly request that subsidies between ten million and one billion credits be made to Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries as soon as possible. This funding can and will be returned to you either upon failure to acquire Subach Innes' assets or after the first production of these assets under our manufacture. I will also make sure that extra products are made available to you from Ri'ess Regal.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Saera Aynea Willamina
Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries, C.O.O.

Recognizing an opportunity when one knocks, Rygel Larraq immediately contacted his team of lawyers at Hyperion Consulting the moment he received the broad spectrum message by RRDI. Within ten minutes, Baide Joo'louya had rummaged through his files, selected a special contract for just such a desperate situation, and filled in a few blanks. At the end of that ten minutes, the contract was shown to Rygel Larraq for approval and then sent to RRDI headquarters.

Dear Saera Aynea Willamina, CEO of Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries, we at Hyperion Consulting have received your transmission and, having consulted with the *Federal Bank of Muunilist, are able to offer you the following contract.

This contract ("Contract") is an agreement between {Saera Aynea Willamina, CEO of Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries}, henceforth known as "Borrower," and {Hyperion Consulting}, henceforth known as "Lender."

Borrower wishes to borrow {25,000,000,000 Credits}, known as "Loan," from Lender. Loan will be furnished to Borrower on {11/23/2014-SPACE DATE!}.

Conditions for this Loan are as follows:
  • Borrower will begin repayment of Loan on {11/24/2014-SPACE DATE!}.
  • The repayment plan will include a compounding interest of 15% and the following conditions and stipulations.
  • Must get 20% of purchased blueprints into full-thread contracts with no less than 5 major factions or high-tier corporations by 02/01/2015. Failure to comply with above stipulation will result in a compounding interest increase of 0.1% per day.
  • RRDI much achieve Tier 5 by 02/01/2015. Failure to comply with above stipulation will result in 0.05% increase in interest rate.
  • Ownership of any design which does not generate bulk or otherwise significant sales after 01/01/2015 defaults to the ownership of Lender with a 0.005% processing fee.
  • Sale of acquired designs to third party or at auction will accrue a 2.5% interest fee.
  • Lender has full rights to investigate any and all transactions made by Borrower or RRDI with former administration or close associates of Subach-Innes. Borrower and RRDI will operate under full disclosure with Lender or suffer a 10% interest fee increase, legal prosecution, and have 100% of legal fees added to Loan Interest.
  • As collateral, Borrower will surrender 30% ownership of Ri'ess Regal Drive Industries to Lender until date of final repayment. Should Borrower fail to pay total Loan amount plus accrued interest by final date for repayment, surrendered ownership will be forfeit to Lender.
  • The final date for repayment will be {03/01/2015-SPACE DATE!}.
  • Failure to repay the Loan within {30 days} of {03/01/2015-SPACE DATE!} will result in the matter {being turned over to Hyperion Consulting's collections agency}. During the thirty days of leniency, interest rates will increase by 0.1% per day until Loan is paid in full. After thirty day leniency period, interest rates will increase by 0.5% per day until Loan is paid in full.
Borrower and Lender agree to the conditions above, and sign to that effect in the presence of a notary public on the {03/01/2015-SPACE DATE!} day of {SPACE MONTH}, {SPACE YEAR}.

Notary Signature and seal:

(note: consider this a 1 year IC timeframe to pay off loan.)

Saera Willamina Savan

Before [member="Ice"] could reply with a confirmation of deposit, Saera got a new message. Somehow the private holomail she uploaded to RRDI's legal department, which was then adjusted and sent to those named, was intercepted and by none other than [member="Captain Larraq"], Rygel. That had certainly confused her, if not prompting immediate security protocol raises for half of the corporation's offices including the White Witch station. They were not pleased, to say the least, that there was unauthorized access to their outbound documents; either someone had broken into the network, or one of the addressees had sold the letter. The contract draft that the girl received contained a copy of this message.
Saera naively wanted to sign the contract and RRDI's legal department backed her desires fully for reasons of their own. It was approximately 92% more than needed, as calculated, Shadow empire subsidy not included. They all would have concurred in favor of signing almost on the spot if not for the fact that only one individual actually owned thirty percent or more of RRDI, and that was the Chair, a one Ms. Cinthra, Cassandra.

There were a great many things Rygel Larraq did that could be described as 'questionable.' Monitoring digital information was simply one of many. Particularly when it involved Imperial organizations and individuals he's done business with.

His slicing department relayed a copy of [member="Ice"]'s simple and trusting offer for RRDI to Rygel Larraq's desk. Knowing full well the opportunity for profit this loan presented, Rygel Larraq drafted a simple offer of his own.

Dear [member="Ice"] of the Shadow Empire. Due to a recent conflict of interests, I am prepared to offer you 1.5 billion credits to withdraw your loan offer to RRDI.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Ayden Cater said:
Note:
All designs, for parts or whole, of the E-class series, TIE Detonator, and TIE Spectre, TIE Harbinger, Guardian-class Assault Monitor, TIE Bow Elite Starfighter, and TIE Agitator will be turned over to Sienar Fleet Systems, free of charge, to settle any standing legal matters.
A happier grin had not been seen on a face like Ovmar's, when he read that while sitting in the auction room. He gave [member="Ayden Cater"] a thankful nod and continued to play games on his mobile phone- even with his mental skills he doubted he would be able to sell any of those ships.

This was quite the day for surprises. At the last possible moment before Ice could make the subsidy transfer to RRDI accounts, another message came through to his datapad. From his other business associate Mr. Larraq. "Hmm, now what's this about? Hopefully in regards my new ship request." He muttered to himself as he read the ever so brief message.

In that brief message, was a rather shocking list of things realised. And one of those items Ice did not suspect from him. "Well that's what I get for using my corporate datapad instead of my personal one." Still, Ice was used to being the slicer, not being sliced by another. He was willing to overlook the offense though do to the nature of the proposal.

"Larraq. That's a rather intriguing offer you make. I trust a man such as yourself knows the implications of what it is you're offering, yes? Namely conspiracy to bribe a public official, being the most blatantly obvious. However, due to our previously successful business relationship in the past, and our current business proposals on the table. I'm willing to consider what you have to say. But, I will need some explanation. After all, the Shadow Empire stands to gain much with the acquisition our loan to RRDI will provide.

The credits you offered has me listening. But as I don't know what you are planning in the wake of my withdrawn funds, is there anything you can offer the Shadow Empire in addition so I don't feel like I am cheating the country out of useful ships and equipment by failing to provide a loan at the proper time?"

He hesitated sending the message for a moment. Bringing up his personal datapad which was much more secure. Ice retyped the message and sent it to Larraq on that.

After all, Ice thought to himself. As long as SE can have access to those ships...what would the country care? Its not he'd be taking any government funds at that point. And SE would still get what they were after. At least, that is what he was hoping Larraq would come back with.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Irys immediately sent off a message to ACA acquisitions. Subach Innes had won a competitive tender for construction of the Contention-class. Transfer of IPR had not been part of the contract. She queried with the auction house whether they felt they were selling the construction contract with the ACA, or the detailed blueprints, designs and IPR.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Saera Willamina Savan

Saera wasn't sure if it was technically possible, but she attempted to bid a promise not to immediately bounty the two majority shareholders immense sums which she could now afford at not even a tenth of a percent of the auction total. In a sense, she was bidding their freedom!
It probably wouldn't work but Force knows Circe was too much of a schutta to listen otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom