Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strapping Spaceships to an 80k Space Station

Myra

M
So. I know the answer is most likely no, but I'm going to ask anyway because if I CAN then I most definitely want to.

I'm hoping it would be possible to create an 80K space station and attach some large semi-unique ships to it which basically act as giant freaking engines. It would be mostly incapable of sublight speed, going so slow it really wouldn't matter, but it would be capable of jumps of Lightspeed which would 'burn out' the ships and make them have to take a week to repair/recharge. It wouldn't even be able to go particularly far per jump...

Who wants to crush my dreams first?

Myra

M
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Because wouldn't it be great to have a giant space factory and take it wherever you wanted? Or a small city?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Depends what you define as "Heresy"

[member="Myra"] I'm actually working (in my personal head space) on a space city that works within the restrictions set forth by the current factory rules. Basically if you don't need it to do too much in terms of movement, you can take a bunch of ships and smoosh them together.

[member="Myra"]

The current starship template allows for "very low" in the speed and maneuverability fields (sublight travel) for space stations, and stations can be equipped with FTL drives, so go for it. Just make sure that the ships don't bring the total meterage over 80km, and that the ships themselves are stripped of weapons and hangar capacity if this is supposed to be a civilian platform.

Outboundship.jpg

[member="Myra"], Jyoti's suggestion is perfectly valid.

But to your original idea, I have no issue someone using ships to basically act as a tug for stations. It's been at least suggested in canon.

The one thing that may prevent that this cannot have any real military value. Because if it does, this looks like a work around to get a (even bigger) SSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom