Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Alliances (Daxton/Iella)

Word travelled quickly in the underground, spread from mouth to ear, growing steadily with each retelling of the tale. A young force user from a wealthy family was kidnapped and being held for ransom by a local gang of toughs. The family wanted to keep it discrete and was still negotiating for the release but had extended a request to an old family friend for help.

From the shadows, orange eyes glanced at the gang's compound. It wasn't so hard to track them down. They barely had any security protocols, just a few repeating blaster rifles and collection of pistols, more bravado than brains.

Sure he could go in sabers lit and leaving a body trail a mile wide but he didn't think the Jedi would appreciate that. Especially in what they considered their turf, so Daxton sneaked through the darkness of Level 1313 and waited for his opportunity to strike.

Wearing non reflective armor, he was just another shadow in the gathering dusk when the lone guard moved to his position. With a series of swift calculated thrusts, he stabbed the man in the kidneys with a black dull colored blade that seemed to soak up blood as it exited the wound. Dragging the corpse behind a collapsed wall, the Sith lord stealthily made his way over the wall and into the compound.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

The local cantina is always a good place to start when one is in need of information. Iella had heard about the kidnapping of a young force user through reports at the Jedi Temple, intelligence reports had lead her to the lower levels here on Coruscant, the local authorities where working on the case, but they are overwhelmed by pending cases that this one was placed in line with all the others. Coruscant, is vast and ever changing .. and the population only lends itself to crime. The Jedi are simply not enough to police this jewel of galaxy, and the lower levels are all but forgotten. The authorities had simply written the youth off .. believing them dead already. The family of the youth, nothing this, had issued reward for anyone that would find the youth and rescue them. Iella is not interested in the reward, but purely for the saving of a life.

As she sat in one of the booths her ears focused on the surrounding conversations, she used the force to search all the beings in the bar, sensing their thoughts and feelings for any clue to this case. The force whispering to her .. the location of the youth is close at hand, and then a thought drifted to her from a man at the bar, slumped over over a whiskey. He is frustrated by the lack of his cut in the deal once a ransom had been paid. He is angry that his worth is to bring so little an amount and he drinks to drown the thoughts, powerless to do anything about it.

Iella walked over to the bar and sat with the man. Her cowl on her cloak over her head, her hands the only thing visible to anyone that paid any attention. She nodded her head to the bar keep for a new drink and he soon placed a fresh Ale before her. She raised her hand as if to take up the glass, a mind trick gesture toward the man next to her, she sipped from the glass and turned to the man. "Tell me the location of your boss and I will get you a better deal", she whispered. The man's eyes glazed over slightly and he told her what she required. As soon as she had the location she left the bar.

Now the shadows had lengthened and the darkness approached, Iella sort cover within them and waited and watched. The compound appear deserted from the outside, but no doubt heavies are patrolling within. Her greenish brown cloak wrapped around her blending into the grey of the night shadows and she approached the wall of the compound. A few old crates aided her over and soon her boots touched the surface of the inner compound. Sensing no one immediately nearby she found cover near a large pile of metal scrap, for there she could see the main building of the compound .. no doubt the youth will be inside. But she needed to find a way in.

The patrolling guards smoked deathsticks or chew raw kaff as they patrolled their sectors, blissfully unaware that death was hanging just inches above their heads, as Daxton dodged another patrol by moving through the air vents. He could sense the presence of the Force User nearby as well as muted presence of another. Friend or foe, who knew for certain, but now wasn't the time to relax his guard.

Lowering his feet to the floor surface, he stood shock still for a second, perfectly balanced on the balls of his feet as he considered his next move.

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Two man on patrol turned the corner and Iella ducked down below the metal scrap heap, she could sense their presence as they moved away toward the far end of the compound. Night is falling fast, but the constant dull light over Coruscant aids her ability to see physically. However, she also uses the force to see within the landscape around here. She centers her concentration and pushing out through the force .. a skill now mastered which comes quickly to her, she can see everything around her. As the two men move off and out of physical sight she moved toward the building. In the shadows of wall, she silently walks. The compound's main building where she can sense the youth is held, has no clear passage in which to enter. She looks up toward the roof and her shoulders slump just a little.

Iella summons the force to her legs, she immediately feels the energy pushed to her muscles, she senses the power there and wonders. Maybe I use to much?, her knees slightly bent, Iella Jedi Jumps to the roof. And as always she over compensates, and shoots higher then required, however now she has more control on the landings and as the surface of the roof comes near she cushions the fall and silently her feet grace the metal roof. Iella is very good at a lot of skills now, but this still eludes her. But she smiles .. that jump was just a little bit better.

Well.. can't be good at everything. She thinks as she moved to the funnel of an air vent, she removed the covering and climbs inside. The advantage of being smaller now playing in her hands. Bending over at the shoulders she moves along the vent, in some parts she needs to crawl on hands and knees, it was in this position that she felt it, the signature of a force user unknown to her and she suspected it to be that of the youth. However, there is more. A strong presence in the force close by, a familiar one she had not sensed in some time. Her eye brow raised at the recognition, and wonder too. What is he doing here? She could only assume he is here for the youth for what purpose she could not tell. However, she found a small smile line her face, this man is an enigma ... a powerhouse enigma and she sensed she was about to meet him again. What would happen on this meeting .. was yet to be seen.

She crawled toward him, turned the corner of the vent and from above she looked down on the head of Daxton Bane.

As he lowered the reflective face mask, she could see he was gazing at her with golden orange eyes, a combination of curiousity as well as dismissive arrogance rolled into one. "What are you doing here?" He whispered softly, barely louder than the rustle of his cloak against the floor. Although he did not hold a light saber, the dull black blade in his hand looked wicked enough as he held it idly, "Get out of here before you get us both killed."
@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"I think I should be asking you that question", she replied equally silently. A smile curled on her lips then disappeared. Her head snapped up she could sense something was about to happen. Iella had been of late receiving messages from the force, messages tell her of events to come, but she is unable at this point to grasp them and it was beginning to frustrate her somewhat. If she could only 'receive them'. But time for that later, time for training later. She looked back down to Daxton, "You leave if you fear your life, but I have job to do". She whispered again.

She moved to the edge of the vent duct and with grace and strength holding onto the edge of the metal she tumbled through the opening, in a control movement, then let go and landed with the force silencing her fall. She did not even look at Daxton as she walked past him and to the door. Standing beside it she focused through the force .. seeing with it through the building. She could sense many sentient beings in various places around the compound, a concentration of them in a room toward the back of the main building. But outside the corridor was clear. She looked back at Daxton. Allowing a moment to consider him .. an odd friendship they had, Allies politically but alignment of opposites. Yet for some reason, maybe because they had shared an experience and yes they worked well together, she liked him.

"You here for the youth?", she asked trying to use an economy of words. "If so, we need a plan and keep moving, something is about to happen".

Biting back a retort when she suggested that he was afraid for his life, it took most of his willpower not to slap her across the rear with one of his tentacles. Damn arrogant Jedi. Probably wouldn't last ten minutes if he wasn't here to hold her hand. Fine, she wouldn't be a problem as long as she didn't get in his way.

"Not that it is any real concern for you Jedi, but yes I came for the childe. I will not tolerate one of our own being held at the pleasure of mundanes." He said as he took out a piece of what looked like grey clay. Molding it with one hand, he carefully shaped it like a cone before sticking it on the side of the corridor.

"This would be our escape route, it leads straight back to the wall some 30 meters away. There are no guards in that area, well none still breathing anyway. We need to locate the childe and get out before any of them are the wiser. There is nothing more dangerous than a criminal with a hair trigger and access to automatic weapons after all. Would you care to lead the way or shall I?"

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

((You have Tentacles? Lord! haha))

"You are a handy man to have around Daxton", she smiled now, as she watched him place the explosive. Without any further word however, Iella placed her hand on the door panel to open it. She waited a few seconds before stepping through, even though she could sense nothing approaching yet. There are ways to cloak the force and she was taking no chances. The force telling her to move left up the corridor, the concentration of life clearer now and the force user is among them. "Hmmm .. I don't like this. We are walking into a trap, one we are making ourselves. The corridors are to narrow and offer no cover, if needed ... don't suppose you have a layout of this place?", she asked. However, she has been in more tricky situations then this, she stopped and checked her blaster, and left it in her hand, light saber in the other.

"Unless you have a better idea, which I am willing to hear, I guess we go string a trap".

"Don't be in such a hurry to put your head in the noose Jedi." Daxton chided her as he took two small spheres from his pouch. With a touch on their hidden activation switch he powered on the minature scout droids, sending them zipping silently down the corridor to scout around for him, as he connected to the live feed inside his helmet.

Between the Force and his minature recon droids, he was able to ascertain that the hostage was being guarded by six thugs. Two with light carbine blasters and the rest with an assortment of melee weapons and blasters.

Updating his companion of the situation, he said, "If we charge in, they might go guns blazing and there is no way we can guarantee the hostage will not be hit. We need a distraction. I will draw them to the opposite side of the compound and raise enough ruckus to make a pair of mating rancor blush and you sneak in and take out the remaining guards. I will fight my way to you and we bug out the path we plotted. Any questions?"

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"I have no intentions of put my head in a noose .. but sometimes a good way in is to get 'caught' ". She winked. His recon droids only confirmed what she already knew, as she could sense the life forms in the area. And the fact that they are armed to the teeth, as to be expected, he is right, they needed a distraction and once again Daxton offered himself for the job. The thought was not lost on her.

"You always offer yourself as bait?", she asked as that is exactly what he had done on their hunt of the Dragons. "No questions Daxton that sound as good a plan as any", she said again.

"Now the room is around this corner and a few meters up, I will wait until I hear the distraction, then move". she said as she moved aside for him to leave.

@Iella E`ron

"You really should reconsider your career path, my dear. You could learn so much if you only applied yourself." Without explaining what he meant, Daxton grinned as his features slowly disappeared before her very eyes. The last thing she would see disappear was that taunting grin, then it too was gone.

Minutes past, they the distinct sound of blaster fire and screams of men in pain could be heard coming from the distance. Seems like the Sith Lord had found the patrol he was looking for.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Tricks and props Daxton? My force abilities do not require me to use such novelties", she simply said to his 'disappearance'. Iella did not wish to know what Daxton thought she should do with a new career path. It could be anything from .. dancing to turning to the darkside and all in between. However, she could not help but smile at the man as she shook her head.

Iella did not have to wait long before the 'distraction' came in the form of screams. "I don't want to know", she whispered to herself. However, she knew it was a necessity for them the rescue the youth. She made her way along the narrow corridor toward the room they held the youth. She came to the corner and looked around seeing more guards running out toward Daxton's direction. As they disappeared she moved to the door, left unopened in the rush. She sensed the six remaining guards in the room, their attention on high alert as they realised the compound had been breached.

She tuned in the doorway and was faced with the men, all fully armed and guns pointing toward the door. Her lightsaber ignited as the first rounds of bolts exploded from the guns toward her. Iella moved and block the bolts, with easy. The youth is tired up in a chair to the right of the room bound and gagged and looking like they had been hitting him. His face swollen and bruised with dried blood caked on his face. She removed all emotion .. and lunged for the nearest guard. Her speed unseen by the naked eye and the thrill of the hunt entered her and with rapid strikes she removed two of the guards, their bodies falling to the floor. The sight of this would make the hesitate, as she used her training in Vaapad, she turned toward the rest and sensed their confusion. She looked at them with her pupils enlarged and no sign of any emotion .. not sense of mercy could be found within her eyes.

@Iella E`ron

With a casual swing of his light saber, Daxton gutted the bandit in half, the crimson blade seeming to pulse with a life of its own as it bit into flesh, armor and bone with ease. Before the still steaming remains of his last victim hit the ground, Daxton was already on the attack. It was all over before they realized what was going on. Between his force powers, his tentacles and his hungry blade, most the of the guards were reduced to piles of body parts which reminded one of a macabre butcher shop.

Grunting to himself, he sheathed his blade and entered the compound to see if he was needed to give aid to his wayward friend.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

She casted her eye around the remaining guards, having lost three of their men, she could sense their doubt and confusion. One even lowered his weapons. They no believed that they did not get paid enough to this and certainly not to die. Sensing this, Iella took the opportunity. "Leave now .. while you still can, or remain and join your brothers here on the floor", she hissed.

The remaining guards, left the room in run, heading in the direction toward Daxton.

Iella immediately ran to the youth and untied him. His energy levels dangerously low, although no healer, Iella pushed the force into him, giving him energy to be able to fight for his life.

@Iella E`ron

Unfortunately for the trio, they were in such a hurry to escape the Jedi, they did not realize that death was moving in to greet them. Without so much as a grunt, Daxton lashed out with his tentacles, tossing the men like ragdolls as they were pounded by the invisible appendages from different angles. Tossing the bodies aside, Daxton reached the door as his companion flushed Force into the child to heal him.

Just then a familiar feeling could be sensed coming from the supposedly helpless boy. Reaching forward with his hand, Daxton cried out in warning, "STOP!"

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Iella sensed Daxton approaching, her concentration still on the youth to aid him. She felt some odd about the boy through the force but was unable to grasp it. Daxton entered and yelled..

She snapped out of her concentration and just about jumped out of her skin, Daxton's voice not entirely soft. She stepped back from the boy, heeding Daxton's warning. Her saber still in her hand and ready for use.

"What is it?", she whispered to Daxton.

@Iella E`ron

Ignoring her inquiry, Daxton raised his hilt in guard pose as he addressed the child in front of him, "Well played childe, you masked your true nature well. Had I known what to look for we would have both fallen into your trap. So let us drop the pretense and begin the dance again."

The boy frowned at Sith as if disappointed in the result of his little game, "I nearly had you, Bane. No matter. My brothers and sisters will rejoice when I bring them your head on a platter. Prepare to die, old man." Without warning the youth, bounded out of the chair and ignited a silvery blue lightsaber as he struck out with a vicious lunge at the Sith.

Hissing in response to the attack, Daxton's crimson blade snaked out and blocked the incoming attack and parried it to the side, "The day hasn't arrived that I would be defeated by a misborn failure like yourself." Daxton cried out in retaliation as he lashed out with his tentacles which the youth blocked with his blade as if he could see them coming at him.

In all this the Jedi was ignored, giving her enough time to run if she wanted to.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

It was like a shield had dropped, the wave of the darkside now filled her senses. Strangely enough, Daxton's presence in the force, licked with the darkness is familiar to her, but this was different, something unusual with in the force. Iella listened for a moment, to them speaking, it was clear Daxton knows this youth and his nature. The pretense dropped the youth arose and attacked.

Iella white bladed saber ignited with a hum, the white dragon wanted the blood of the darkside. Immediately her connection to the blade pumped through her arm and into her sense, the became one. However, something different happened this time, the blade telling her of the presence of the dark spoke to her, it wanted them both, especially Daxton. Of course! Iella thought almost smiling. The White Dragon of the Hunt, with her mate had sensed Daxton on that day and wanted him. No .. Iella spoke in her mind as if the blade would hear her, that hunt is over.

She sensed in this boy the ability to use the force with farsight, his strike proving that is the case, but she too has this ability. Her right hand came off the hilt and raised .. pushing the force to her hand, she raised her palm and set a push toward the youth, sending him flying to the wall in a crunch.

"Daxton who is this?", she asked with more forcefulness, she wanted an answer.

@Iella E`ron

As if in reaction to her attack, the boy lifted his free hand and pushed in return. Although his attack was greatly lesser than hers, instead of being thrown bodily against the wall, he stumbled backwards several steps before side stepping out of range of the attack. Quick as a mongoose Daxton slid in to attack, crimson blade held low before arc out in a series of lightning fast slashes, the youth tried to parry not to successfully.

Daxton opened a nasty wound along his chest as well as grazing him in side, in return for a vicious scoring along his forearm which would probably have done more damage had he not been wearing armor.

"Misborn, this child is an abomination that must be destroyed." The Sith declared as he prepared to make his next attack.

The boy laughed in reply, "Funny you should mention that Bane. Does she even know what you are talking about? Perhaps you would like me to enlighten her, hmmmm?"

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Iella stood ready for another attack from the boy, but things had developed somewhat differently. Iella moved to flank him as Daxton readied to strike again. She would do so from her position in a two pronged attacked. Her eyes flashed toward Daxton as the boy spoke more.

"Daxton, this situation has changed from rescue to defense against a darksider .. I need to know what is going on and who this boy is", she demanded but did not lower her guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom