Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Alliances (Daxton/Iella)

@Iella E`ron

"Aw isn't that sweet, Bane?" The boy taunted the Sith before unleashing without warning a bolt of electricity which catches Daxton square in the middle of the chest and sends him crashing forcefully into a pile of creates. "You seem pretty enough, and we do need a new vessel maiden. Lay down your sword and I will be merciful. Perhaps I will even let you have a little fun if you behave."

From Daxton's direction smoke could be seen from his prone form, the stench of ozone and singed leather thick in the air. "Seems like Daxton was fond of his secrets Well I am technically a secret that has outgrown its origin. We are the next evolution of species. Join us or perish under the weight of your ignorance."

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

It constantly amazes Iella the arrogance of some beings, she just sighed. They always assume, she thought, not that she believes herself anything extraordinary, but she is not without her own power, regardless of what the Sith believe about the light side of the force, it is equally as powerful as the darkside, as both ends of the spectrum are equal. It is clear now that this whole call for rescue .. the information recieved by her false, a trap? But who is the bait? She turned to see Daxton on the floor, this body obviously injured from the blast but she sensed that he is alive. She turned back to the boy, her emotions neutral and prepared for what is to come. She did not speak to the boy .. remaining silent she moved to place herself between him and Daxton.

Her lightsaber in her hand rested loosely in her grip, not to tight as she can be flexible with it use. Her arm is not prepared with the strength of the force, she can feel it pulsing and waiting almost anticipating and wanting the fight. Iella is not one to back down and will do was it necessary to remove this threat, but not without find our more.

"I shall not be joining you in any form. Don't be such a fool to speak absurdities it shows your lack of experience. I am sure Daxton's has his secrets, however, of what do you speak .. this next generation of what exactly?", she asked with demand.

The child grunted at her reply as he said, "So the spider has you in his web as well. No matter, as he had learned not all flies are such easy bait. We represent a new order in the Galaxy, one not fueled by pure ignorance and hate or blind adherence to religious dogma. We are the next generation of Force User, born and breed to rule over those who are less gifted than us."

Launching an arcing series of probes, his attacks fall well short of actually hitting, rather they are a careful gauge to see how fast she could react to his strikes. "Aren't you tired of having to answer to mere mundanes? Why should you answer to mere genetic deficients when clearly your genes are far more superior to theres."

Meaning while Daxton was wheezing softly as he bit his lips to stifle the scream of pain that threatened to escape from his throat. His armor had taken most of the damage from the blast but the impact was still enough to crack ribs and rupture blood vessels. He had gotten careless and allowed the strike to hit him and now he was paying for it, as the orbalisks injected him with more toxins in an attempt to heal the damage.

Lying still, he played opposum as he gathered the moments he needed to recover somewhat and seize an opportunity to strike when it presented itself....

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

The boys strikes where easy enough for Iella to deflect, in fact fair to easy which made her suspicious. However, she has patience .. and will wait to see exactly what this creature has in mind. She did not look to Daxton, her senses telling her all she needed to know. He is fine, hurt but this strength is gathering, and .. he is aware.

"Again, you assume to much .. boy", she said coldly and calmly. "You are just as ignorant . . arrogant and dogmatic as those you describe. You seem to be all combined coupled with the ideal of a dictatorship", she continued. "The Sith have their dogmatic nature too, as do the Jedi, but without it we both... have no purpose. Whether we follow it to the letter or no, is serves a purpose".

"But tell me ... who is this "we" you speak of? I assume there are more of you", she asked. "And makes you think you and your group are required?, quiet frankly I don't see the purpose of you".

Around her, the force swirled .. she gathered it into her, filling her every fiber and strengthening her body. The powerful knot that she summons at will, churning in her centre. One twitch from this boy and he would feel the result of it.

Without warning the boy lashed out with a powerful psionic thought lance designed to stun and cause powerful migraines as he replied, "Typical of you Jedi to think are the top of the food chain, already we walk among you and you are still blind, we are called...."

At that precise moment of ultimate distraction, Daxton lashed out like a viper without warning. Flipping on to his feet, he lunged forward, catching the boy through the chest with his lit blade as he seized the boy by throat with his free hand. Already as he moved, the redirected current was building up in his forearm as he said, "Did you really think I was that easy to kill fool?"

Fear and pain clouded the boy's eyes as he stared with disbelief at his predicament, "Mercy." He cried out in desparation, a last grasp at a teneous reality.

"Mercy is for the weak." Daxton replied as he rechannelled the full force of the electrical attack through his gauntlet, frying flesh and organs in a blast of powerful electricity strong enough to outline the bones in the boys skull, until only a char with smoking eye sockets remained. "Your kind always did too much talking anyway."

With a flick of his wrist, his blade hissed off as he asked his companion, "Are you ok?"

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Yes I am alright", she said as she extinguished her blade. "When I was with the CIS, a friend of mine there, gave a hint on how to block my mind to those attacks, I have been employing that ever since", she said, referring to Daxton on one of their mission to an unknown planet with a powerful presence of darkness. She turned to look him over to see if he was alright too. A bit battered but mended.

She gave a very quick glance toward the boy now dead on the floor, and she folded her arms across her chest. Iella did not have any emotion about what just happened as far as she was concerned one less dark sider to worry about. "So tell me .. one of your experiments gone wrong?", she smiled slightly. "It constantly amazes me, how the very beings that will give no mercy or know nothing of it, ask for it the moment their lives are in danger. It sickens me in fact".

"Now we had better get out of here, since the job is done", she smiled more now. "I am sure others will be looking to see what happened".

Although his ribs still hurt, he could feel the orbalisks moving underneath his armor to repair the damage, so he gingerly bent on one knee as he fumbled for a small pouch from his belt. Upending a finely ground film of black dust over the corpse of the boy, the cooling flesh began to smolder before catching fire, incinerating the body in a small cataclysm of fire designed to reduce the body into fine ash. The sickening smell of boiled fat and burned hair filled the room rather quickly, as Daxton stepped back and let the fire do its work.

"No, not one of mine. I would never design such an imperfect creation. While I was in stasis, genetic samples were taken from me, in an attempt to improve on the existing genetic line, to create a more powerful kind of force user then twisting to the dark side to unlock untold levels of power. However this was done without the approval of the powers that be, and the order came down to shut down the experiment. The lead researcher suffered a rather fatal accident as well as all the senior staff, however, a small cadre had been activated and escaped the purge. Now they seek to reestablish the research and complete their agenda, one that I cannot allow them to continue. Suffice to say, this is no concern of the Jedi. I would suggest that should anyone ask, the kidnappers murdered the childe when they thought their base was under attack. It would be best for all concerned, wouldn't you agree?"

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"As much as the idea of this experiment is abhorrent and something that should never have happened, however it did. It sickens me that there are beings still wanting for overt powers in the force, do they not understand that the force will 'deal' with them on it own. The force will not allow this corruption to itself. It will consume them", Iella said to start.

She walked to stand in front of Daxton now, a serious expression on her face. "However .. I will not lie. That is something we Jedi do not do, or at least this one. If asked I will tell the truth, ...you should know better then to ask me that. If what that boy had said is the truth and there are infiltrators within the Order I must find them and deal with them. So.. it is the concern of the Order. The beings that started this have now made it so".

She thought for a moment, "However I will give you some time, to.... investigate this issue. I in turn, will seek to find the corruption in the Order. If by then the issue is cleansed .. then there is no need for talk", she said. "But if unsuccessful then I will go with this to the Council". She will give Daxton time and leeway, before bringing this up at the council. Which now would be easy enough as she is a member of it now.

"Fair enough, all I ask is you buy us some time to carry out our investigations. These are master level manipulators, as you can see capable of hiding their intentions until the moment they strike. It was fortunate, that this one was arrogant and slipped before it was too late. I cannot say nor promise the rest of his kind would be so easy to detect as well. Be careful of who you trust, you never know who might be their pawn or ally."

Daxton stumbles but catches himself before she could do anything, setting himself upright as if nothing was hurting him. "Let's us leave before someone comes to investigate further."

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Understood Daxton, and you shall have your time to complete the investigations. I do .. however, ask you to provide me with your findings, it will aid me in my investigation for the Order", she said. Iella was about to turn to leave as there was no reason to remain, when Daxton suggested the same. She turned back just in time to see him stumble before righting himself.

Knowing Daxton somewhat she knew better to offer help, but she did anyway. "What is it?", she asked concerned. "You need help.. will you allow me to assist?", she asked waiting for his usual .. blunt words. She suspected it may be the result of whatever alchemy Daxton has employed to aid him, years of this pumping through his veins maybe now beginning to take it's toil on this body. The darkside, no matter how weak or strong the connection to it, will .. eventually consume the user. Interesting how you need hear of lightsiders suffering from this. However, the lightside is not complete free of it's own corruptions, one would be foolish to think otherwise. But, like all this in extreme, they must be vigilantly watched.

For the barest of instants Daxton seemed vulnerable, once more a man bound by the wounds of his mortality, then it was gone as he straightened himself to his full height. Beneath his armor, the orbalisks coiled like a hive of hornets protecting the hive from where they had latched onto the flesh, dark green and red ooze leaking slowly from where their barbs were buried deep in the Sith's flesh.

"I'm fine." he assured her in a voice firm and solid, confident brimming as the toxins flowed through his system. Then surprisingly for those who knew him, he added softly, "Thank you for asking though, I fear I am long past any help you are capable of. Still the offer is appreciated."

"Are you aware of a bar called the Broken Crown on level 5656? I am meet you there later, say in four hours, and I will give you information you can use. But you have to give me your word, that you and only you will access the information until such a time as you can root out the infestation. I don't want to tip our hand and let them slither again under some rock before the pests are stamped out, agreed?"

If she were to agree, he would tall her to look for a silver skinned protocol droid named Ham in the bar. He would take her to his location where he would give her the info she needed.

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"The Broken Crown? No, I don't, but I am sure I will find it", she said thinking. Many things running through her mind now. There was something different about Daxton, she could sense the unease around him as if he had become resigned to his fate, whatever he believed that to be, she would have to speak to him about that later, also he was right .. her abilities although growing stronger by the day, were not up to healing, that is a skill she does not posses, he would need a power Master of the Healers to rid him of any toxins and still it might not be totally possible.

"I agree, in four hours I will go to this bar. The information will remain with me until such time as the problem is erradicated", she looked at him hard now. "Now lets go", she said turning and entering the corridor once again. She started for the room from which they entered and waited for Daxton.

Walking without betraying any sign of injury or weakness, the Sith and the Jedi made their escape from the now corpse filled compound. When they were a safe distance away, Daxton triggered remotely the explosives he had left behind, removing all possible trace of his presence in the location, before disposing the detonator down one of the many storm drains which filled the area.

Blending into the crowd, Daxton was soon lost in a swril of purple and green among the hustle and bustle of the million beings walking through the night streets. Where he was off too only he knew, but unless the Force was used there was no way anyone was going to be able to track him. He had business to attend to before making the meeting later that night.

@Iella E`ron

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Iella heard the faint sound of the explosion, she was already a fair distance away from the compound, but she knew exactly what it was. She smiled .. thinking of the time she had done something similar when leaving a place she did not wish evidence to reveal her past presence. That place she had burned, as since then made it a place of training for her and a friend as they trained in Vaapad, some where away from prying eyes. The place is not far from here, she could go there now and train for the four hours or find some food. The thought to follow Daxton had crossed her mind, but she decided to leave him to his 'business'.

It would not matter anyway, if he did not return as she already had the information that there is strong possibility of darksiders infiltrating the Order. However, there was more to this chance meeting .. she could feel it. She decided to miss training for the night and go for food. And soon she had arrived on level 5656. A Jedi mind trick soon got the information she required from someone on the street, and soon she stood outside the The Broken Crown. However she did not enter. Instead she moved away and found a dinner, about 3 block up for the bar, she entered and ordered. The booth by the window giving her complete view of the street in both directions.

@Iella E`ron

Meanwhile inside Daxton had shed is armor for a more comfortable simple robe of dark green. The bar was just of the many properties he owned through various identities, as he glanced at one of the many viewing screens which served as his eyes and ears in the bar. Pouring himself a drink from his private wet bar, he grimaced as the alcohol burned its way down his throat before pouring himself another glass and heading back to his chair.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

The food was promptly served to Iella and as she looked down into the plate, she lost her appetite .. the food swimming in oil or whatever it was cooked in. She pushed the plate away a bit, with on intentions of eating it, however she did pick up her folk and prodded at it with the pretense of dinning. She looked at her chronometer on her wrist, three hours to go, it would be the longest three hours of her life. The activity in the street no aided her, just beings walking about going about their business.

She pushed back in the seat and played with the food. Only a few moments past and she got impatient, not one of her best virtues. She stood up and threw some credits on the table and left.

@Iella E`ron

For the next several hours, Daxton conducted a combination of legal and semi legal trade through his office. The most popular and profitable of which was affording medium and low class citizens with affordable loans to augment their pitiful lives, after all it was hardly his fault if they wanted to spend it on vice and gambling, as long as they paid through the nose for the priviledge.

Hidden in plain sight, were several former mercs and freelancers, trading the life of adventure for a steady paycheck as muscle, they deterred most of the trouble while enforcing the peace of the bar. A silver protocol droid, programmed with over a thousand green bawdy jokes was entertaining the locals at the bar with a hilarious story about a certain green Jedi and his fondness for young male apprentices....

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

It was finally time to go find Daxton. Making her way to the bar, which was only a few minutes walk, she came to the entrance. She pulled her cloak around her but left the cowl down. She only gave the security a brief glance as she walked in. Using the force to search the beings in the bar and ascertain the mood of the place, for the moment there was nothing unusual about the place. But she would remain vigilant. Iella is no stranger to bar fights having started a few herself on Tatooine .. that was not her worry. There are more pressing things on her mind this night.

She made her way to the bar and waited for the bar keep. While doing so her eyes lifted to locate the security cameras, she noted the locations of them and put her attention back to the bar keep now standing before her. He did not say a word but rather gave her a scowl. "Corellian Ale", is all she said.

Her senses swirled around her, feeding her will the machinations of the place. She could sense the positions of everyone in the bar. However, she could not help but smirk at one of the jokes the droid was telling.

@Iella E`ron

Taking a sip of dark liquor from his glass, Daxton winced as the alcohol burned his way down his throat before releasing the slow burning sensation in his chest. Scribbling with his stylus, he made note of a third book keeping error. It was minor really, but clearly someone was trying to cook the books, thinking he wasn't paying attention at all. Perhaps a lesson would be needed once again. When would these idiots ever learn they couldn't steal from him.

He sensed the presence of the other Force user the minute she stepped into the bar, it wasn't as if she were masking her presence like he was. Still he did nothing, letting her make the first move, after all her contact, the silver droid was just waiting there for her to approach. He just hoped it would remember not to take her on a guided tour of the bar's sewage system, she probably wouldn't find that funny at all and he wasn't in the mood to repair the droid if she took it out on him.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Placing the half finished Ale down on the bar, Iella looked at her chronometer .. the meeting time had come and gone, and more over the joke telling droid had taken a break and the band began to play accompanied by the dancers to the delight of the patrons. A drunken being, a Zeltron no less sat down next to her and 'tried his luck' only to be put to sleep with a mind trick. However, with the flavour of the Ale still in her mouth, she looked to the glass once more, it had been ages since she was able to taste the fine amber liquid.

She smiled, Daxton can wait a few minutes more. She pick up the glass and enjoyed the rest of her beer. Finally finished .. now where is that droid? she turned to find him near her. Ah!

"I believe you must be Ham. Take me to your master". she said to the silver droid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom