Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stormwall

I thought I heard the Old Man say:
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her."
Tomorrow you will get your pay
And it's time for us to leave her

Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow

And it's time for us to leave her

Howling winds and heavy rains pelted the wooden walls of the Senn family compound. It was winter on Pamarthe, which meant there was likely hail mixed in with the rain. Most of it was no more than the size of a bead or pebble, but out on the high seas, there were stories of boulder-sized rocks of ice falling from the sky sending many a sailor to an early death. There were dozens of ways to die on the seven seas of Pamarthe if you weren't careful and half a dozen more that could pull you under even if you were. Pamarthe was not a kind planet and the Stormsister was not a benevolent or caring sibling. She was as cruel and unforgiving as the sea itself.

Thalia sat in a wooden chair at the dinner table, her eyes cast down at the now cold mug of caf as she felt the burning gazes of her mother, her father, and the Jedi Knight Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Battlemaster and Warden of the New Jedi Order. A log popped in the hearth, its dancing flames casting twisted shadows over their faces any time she dared look up from her mug. Kujo still stood by the kitchen doorway, his white glowing photoreceptors capturing every moment for the benefit of the New Jedi Order.

"There must be some mistake," Mikael said slowly, his deep voice struggling to maintain his composure. She could see it in the Force though. He was a roiling storm of emotions. Anger, sadness, fear, and worst of all disappointment. Did he even see his daughter anymore? Or just a lightsaber-wielding lunatic. Her mother was much more composed, but she remained silent at the stove working over a pot of stewed
Eun. Mikael's gaze flicked cautiously to the large Trandoshan who had introduced himself as Khefiir Khefiir standing near the doorway. The combination of the massive Jedi and the lanky, tall droid was enough to give anyone pause and the older veteran was beginning to feel like he should have brought down his scatter blaster.

"Thalia has a temper, sure," he mumbled, "But she would never attack someone in cold blood." Not my daughter. My daughter could never be such a monster. The thoughts intruded on her like a thousand tiny needles. She bit the inside of her lip and shut her eyes tightly. She didn't want to hear his voice anymore. Not like this.

She wished she could be out on the high seas right now, crushed beneath one gargantuan glacial boulder.

Last edited:
Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
It was unfortunate that things had gone this far.

Coming here, to her home was a level of invasiveness that Aaran did not wish he was drawn into. This should be considered a safe place for Thalia. Somewhere she can retreat to when troubled. But now he was here, along with Khefiir. They had broken that sanctity. The moment they landed on the planet their home stopped being a sanctuary and just became a prison she could not flee until the current situation was dealt with.

He did appreciate the moral support that the Trandoshan offered by being here. A more experienced hand to help guide this conversation to a satisfactory conclusion. But he could not help but worry that the appearance of two physically imposing Jedi showing up to discuss the crime of someone as young as Thalia might be taken the wrong way. He was here to advise and ensure she saw the errors of her actions and hopefully guide her towards coming to terms with what she did. He was not some bogeyman looking to drag her away to be punished.

Absently stirring his own cup of caf, he gave the Senn patriarch a small nod of his head. "From the reports I've heard. There was an incident of sorts yes." He said, an apologetic note in his voice. "But these are second-hand reports. I was unable to get a testimony from the aggrieved party."

It was unfortunate Quill had gone silent. But it seemed to be in style for the Hermit now to simply cause trouble and vanish. Shaking his head slightly, Aaran quelled those poisonous thoughts down. Refusing to allow his own opinion on the wizened master to taint his current stance. He was here as a figure of authority, but he would not allow himself to be biased towards one side.

"But we have not had any account from anyone who was present." He said, nodding once towards Thalia. Gaze drifting towards her as he put the spoon down on a nearby saucer. Hands folding on his lap as he turned his full attention to the Padawan. "Thalia." He said, tone gentle, not accusatory, not angry, simply concerned.

"I've heard a lot of things from a lot of people. But none of them were there when it happened. I'd like to hear your side of the story."

He was giving her a chance. A chance to come clean, to explain how things happened from her side of things. To tell her own story and have her voice heard instead of having everyone around her attempt to seize control of her life. To take responsibility for her actions. Or to shun it entirely.

The choice was hers.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn
Khefiir Khefiir

Thunder crashed nearby sending a loud resounding boom through the house, the flash of lightning illuminating the fear on her face. Why was he making her relive that? He knew what happened. They all knew. The silence hung in the air for several moments heavy with tension so thick you could cut it with a vibroblade. The crackling fire, bubbling stew pot, and the storm battering the house were the only sounds and they all filled her with a sense of dread. She was startled when her mother slammed the pot of stew on the table between the Jedi and the Senn family. There was a kind look on her round face, an inviting smile and shining eyes. Somehow she was still calm, even in the Force.

"Let's have some supper. The stew'll be gettin' cold faster'n a Drake on a stormwind an' I won't be havin' no guests o' mine bein' hungry in the middle of a Weepin' storm." The matriarch of the family had made her move, a peace offering of a Pamarthen specialty, Storm Breath's Stew.

"Maya! Storms woman, can't you see we're-" The burly man stopped mid-sentence when he caught the glare his wife was giving him. There were many things a Pamarthen pilot and sailor were afraid of. There were dozens of large super-predators in the oceans, flying or sailing in a Weeping storm was some of the most dangerous work a person could do, and the salt mites could devour you from your guts to your eyes inside a minute. An angry Pamarthen woman on a warpath was at the top of that list. Mikael swallowed hard and stood to gather a few bowls. He walked up to the large Trandoshan and handed him a white ceramic bowl the image of a whale of some sort stamped in the center and nodded towards the table before setting bowls for the other Jedi, his wife, daughter, and himself.

"May the stormwall be behind and calm seas ahead," Maya said, her head bowed a little reverently before she began serving the stew. She wasn't taking no for an answer from her guests.

"Now I know," she started, heating a large chunk of Eun into the Trandoshan's bowl, "that our little Hurricane can be a bit of a Port in a Storm at times," she caped off the lizard man's bowl with extra broth, tubers, and a half loaf of some sort of bread. "And believe you me, she's done some wild things before she ever left with you Jedi types," she served the other Jedi a bowl that looked to be mostly tuber and vegetables with a little Eun.

"But I can't for the life o' me understand why she would go an' attack that old Jedi Master ifin he ain't do somethin' to rightly deserve a good thrashin'"

"Mum I-" Death glare....and return to smile.

"And if you lot are lookin' to hear her side of the story...Maybe give her a little more time to think about what she thinks happened," a hefty bowl for her husband and a hefty bowl for herself. "Stay a few days. We more than have the room, an' we'll get this sorted out in no time at all." And finally, Thalia's bowl.

"Now, don't go trynna answer me now. Let's just enjoy the food the Force has blessed us with and try to keep warm in the storm."

Khefiir Khefiir Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

The tension was growing slightly, he intent was not to add to Thalia's anxiety, but instead give her an outlet to win some allies in a situation that was quickly being stacked against her.

But at the announcement of the Senn Matriarch. He could not help but stifen in his stance. Back straightening as he say upright. He was like Thalia in some regards. Both of them came from humble upbringings, both of them had a fierce temper, issues with authority. And most importantly, both had been raised in a household dominated by a powerful maternal presence. He was experienced with such matters. He knew when to try and fight this oppressive tyrant of the household.

And he knew when to submit and show his throat to a superior predator.

"That sounds.... like a good idea." He said after a moment of contemplation, shooting the Trandoshan behind him a quick nod. "We do not wish to intrude. But we will accept your offer of hospitality." A quick bow of his head as he submitted to the true authority present. The intent was to help clear things up. If it did take Thalia a day or so to get her story straight, then they would accept that. But it was clear enough that they did want some form of explanation.

This was a matter that needed to be addressed. There were several paths that could be taken here. Many of which did include Thalia continuing her journey as a Jedi. But it would ultimately be up to her to decide to walk those paths. "Whenever you're ready to talk." He said, nodding once towards the Padawan, before taking a spoon in hand and dipping it into the stew, taking a bite of the tender Eun meat, chewing silently before swallowing. Letting out a please hum, he nodded towards Maya. "My compliments to the chef." He said, attempting to at least steer the conversation away from Thalia for the moment in hopes of giving the girl some breathing room.

Khefiir Khefiir
Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Was actually very friendly
Khefiir dug in as if there was no tension at all. The stew repelled the stormy world's chill from his cold-blooded heart.

"The abssolute worsst-casse sscenario for you," he said apropos of nothing, ignoring the mother's edict, "iss ejection from the Jedi. Nobody iss dead, I'd esstimate Masster Quill hass healed by now, and the insssident took plasssse on an unaffiliated world. Thiss visssit iss not a law enforssement action. Fundamentally, we're here to ssee what needss to happen to make a Jedi out of you, Thalia Ssenn."

He took another big bite of stew.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Ejection from the Jedi? Thalia's stomach sank so far a Pamarthen Lion couldn't drag it back up. She didn't even spoon her food, just stared at it. The sound of clinking spoons filled the air for a moment before her father spoke up.

"Maybe," he started, a little shaky at first. The fighter pilot vet and seasoned sailor's confidence seemed to grow after a spoonful of stew. "Maybe she doesn't wish to be a Jedi any longer. Maybe she was never supposed to be a Jedi." Pain shot through the young girl's heart. She knew where this was going already and she didn't want to hear it. Normally she'd shout right back at him but today? There was no fight. She wanted to curl up like a Greatshell and hide.

"Maybe she shouldn't be out there learning how to kill girls her own age with a weapon that hasn't meant anything in years. Not since Mirial. Not since before the old Galactic Alliance." There was something whistful in his voice. Maya placed a steady hand on the man's prosthetic one and shook her head. Not the time, her eyes said. But he was in it now.

"I heard you lot don't even have Masters, just a bunch of young kids playing soldier with glow rods. And you seriously thought a girl at her age was fine traveling the Galaxy on her own? Something was bound to happen. This failure is on you not her!" There was an abrupt scraping sound and a clatter as Thalia's chair fell to the floor. She didn't give anyone a chance to say anything.

She bolted into the storm.

Maya smacked her husband before giving the Jedi a sympathetic look.

"Can you boys bring her out of that storm? Our compound is up clear from the coast but sometimes the lions take the storm as an invitation."

"If she no longer wishes to be a Jedi. That will be her choice and her's alone." He said, placing down his own spoon back into the bowl as he allowed his full attention to turn on the father of the house. He would not brush off or ignore. Mikael's concern was a valid one. Typically attacking somone over differing ideals was not condoned Jedi behaviour. Was her reaction understandable? Perhaps. But it was not something to overlook.

However it was the mention of Mirial. The muscles in his neck tensed. It always came back to that didnt it? So eager to constantly call out the actions of the past as opposed to focusing on the issues in the present. If one's great grandfather cheated you, it clearly meant that you had to drag your entire family ito a larger mess. This fight continued because Mikael's generation was unable to finsih it. Instead forcing it onto those that came after.

His fellow Jedi could probably feel it. The sting of irritation welling up inside him. But before Aaran could open his mouth to come up with a retort. There was the scaping of a chair as Thalia bolted into the night.

He bit back whatever words that were about to escape his mouth. Instead, slowly pushing his bowl away from him as he began to pull out his chair. "You are correct Mister Senn. We have few Masters. Many of them have distanced themselves from this conflict and are reluctant to teach those that decide to involve themselves." He tried to keep his tone as non-judgemental as possible. If the other Jedi in the Galaxy were content to allow the Sith to grow in strength that was on them. They would deal with the consequences of their actions. No doubt shocked that the warmongering zealots would come and burn their homes before their inaction allowed them to become powerful enough to do so. "As Battlemaster, it is my responsibility to teach my students use their blades in a responsible manner. This is my failing. Not hers."

He gave the slightest nod to Maya in thanks for the meal. Before standing up and beginning to make his way out the door, following the Padawan into the storm.

"I will take responsibility."

Pulling the hood of his robes up to shield him from the rain. He wandered out into the storm, casting his senses wide in an attempt to discern where Thalia had run off to. The howling of the wind and the oncoming storm made finding her with sound or sight rather troublesome. And sadly, his sense of smell was average for a human. So instead, he simply tried to focus on her sense of distress at the current situation. Homing in on where she may have fled to in order to find some solace.

Sighing once, he set off into the rain and the wind to bring the girl back from the storm both within and without.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn
Khefiir Khefiir

Last edited:
As the door shut after Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Khefiir placed his focus on the parents. "Aaran will catch up quick enough," he said. "He'ss ssurefooted and a sskilled veteran. If I ssense they need help, I can hurry to join them. For the moment, let'ss talk, you two and I."

He set the empty bowl aside.

"I'm more than a decade older than Jedi Tafo and the resst of New Jedi Order leadership. Mid-thirtiess iss middle-aged for Trandoshanss. When I wass hiss age, I left the Jedi for a little while, hung up my ssaber and worked on my homeworld, reconnected with my people. Mirial wass the catalysst. I've sseen other tragediess and even atrosssitiess by thosse nominally on the sside of the Light. My heart achess with the dissapointment that comess with trussting insstitutionss. I feel what you feel.

"But for me, well...I could find no peasssce without the Jedi wayss, without the Jedi misssion. But that wass my choissce. There would have been no guilt for me in sstaying among my people, lifting where I sstand. Perhapss the Force'ss will iss for your daughter to be a blessssing to your communitiess - ssomeone who can calm a lion or a wave, sssee tomorrow's sstorms before they come. There iss great honour and fulfillment in that life. Perhapss ssomeday I'll return to Trandosha and offer them the ssame again, once I've grown into what the Jedi way will make of me. I trusst the parallel iss clear?

"I sshould also ssay that the Jedi are an ecossysstem ass varied ass a tidepool. The New Jedi Order are a ssmall ssect. I am one of them, but I sserve out of an unaligned enclave on Corellia, under old Masster Morteg. We train for more than war there."

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

The wind nearly threatened to toss Thalia from her feet and into the sea that roared on the other side of the island cape the Senn family compound was on. It was only through sheer force of will and a little tug from the Force that she was able to keep her footing. Storms during the Weeping were no joke. They were cold, icy storms that had a mix of hail and frozen rain with winds that could sometimes topple ships and pull boulders from the ground. She'd learned that in the early days it wasn't uncommon for entire new island settlements to be ripped from the earth during the Weeping.

The storm was so bad that not even the Tortugas or Salt Hounds were roaming the property. The farmhands were all in their bungalows for the night and the bathas were in the barn. By the time she had made it the orbak stables she was drenched, her teeth chattering and her toes completely numb. She'd never learned how to use the Force to maintain a body temperature and now, she suspected, she'd never get the chance. The orbak were all still standing, munching away at the hay in their stables. With a heavy sigh she flopped on a bale and sprawled herself out. She would sleep here tonight. Even if the stable wasn't temperature controlled. Maybe it would be best if she just froze out here.

----
Mikael hissed out a breath before standing up abruptly and stalking into the other room. Maya gave the Trandoshan a sympathetic look and stood up to start cleaning up.

"I for one am glad you're here. I still haven't been able to figure why my husband gives you Jedi such a cold shoulder. He was saved by the Jedi back when we flew with the Republic. Durin' that Omni crisis and all that. I think he's just scared of our little girl endin' up like the Jedi that followed Starchaser and his Order though." The woman's shoulders sagged. "No child should go to war, and no parents should have to bury their own children. It just i'n't right."

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Khefiir Khefiir

With the tangled mess that her emotions were. It was not an overly difficult feat to track Thalia down. Even with the storm raging around them, her presence stood out like a bonfire against the night sky. Marching his way through the freezing rain and howling wind. The errant Padawan's tracks were an easy enough thing to follow.

He knew farms. He grew up on one similar enough to this. Of course he did not have to deal with such wild weather. But certainly, much crazier wildlife. Those salt hounds were positively cuddly compared to some of the predators back home.

He barely made a sound as he entered the barn. The only noticeable sign of his presence was the sound of water being wrung from the hooded cloak surrounding him.

If she cared to raise her head, she would find that same cloak unceremoniously thrown over her form. Its interior surprisingly dry and warm. Unlike her, Aaran had figured out how to rely on the Force to protect oneself from harsh environments. After the impromptu blanket was draped over her with the flick of his wrist. The Warden of Peace did not say anything just yet, giving the girl a moment to react to his presence as he wandered over to the side of the stables. Hand reaching out to absently pat one of the orbals. The large furry creature letting out a soft whinny as the Jedi scratched its neck.

"It’s all in the breathing." He commented absently, waving a hand. "Breath in the Force. Let it flow around you, either warming you up or cooling you down. Try it, you'll stop shivering."

Just as before, he was giving her a chance to speak, a chance to tell him what she wanted from all this.

Because that is why he came. To listen to her. Not judge, not command, not expel.

All he wanted to do was listen.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn
Khefiir Khefiir

"I undersstand," Khefiir said. "Ass well ass I can, not being a parent - and I largely agree. I wonder often what my life would have been if the Jedi hadn't purchasssed me from sslaverss as a child-"

He cut himself off and stepped out into the rain as his comlink buzzed. When he came back in a couple of minutes later, he felt much better.

"That wass Masster Jend-Ro Quill, the one who wass hurt. He'ss fully healed and back at the Jakku Enclave now. He wass concerned about Thalia and ssayss he holdss no ill will. I've ssent a sshort message to Jedi Tafo, to passs on to your daughter. It may help her get control."

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

She felt him enter before she heard the flap of his cloak. The still wet robe slapped her face, the smell of dusty Jedi and salt clinging to it like an over-grown barnacle. She didn’t say anything though. She just rolled over on her hay bale and faced the wall. It was quiet like that for a while before he spoke again. When she did she listened for any of the “adult” words they used when talking to naughty kids who were getting scolded.

There weren’t any.

She tried what he suggested, even though she didn’t trust the Jedi Knight as far as she could chuck him, and that was pretty far if she tapped into Waveform. She breathed in, sucking the Force in but felt it reel, the sensation like sucking up salt water through your nose after falling overboard. Her connection to the Force had been shaky ever since she’d nearly blew off her arm, she still wasn’t sure how Quill had healed that, and even the tiniest task of manipulation fatigued her.

She coughed into the cloak.

“What do you want. Mum said we’d be here a few days. Probably to let the storm pass through. Let me sleep alone at least without the Order watching my every move like some Sith criminal.”

---------

“Now that’s wonderful news Master Kheffir!” The woman’s shoulders relaxed as if a great weight had been taken from them. “Wonderful,” she muttered again.

“Does that mean she’ll be able to go back with you Jedi?” There was a hopefulness in her voice and where the entire dinner her presence in the Force was muted, as if hiding or guarded, it now was like a beacon of hope and warmth, a foil to the husband who was up stewing in their rooms upstairs.

What did he want? Such a funny question to be asking him right now. Fingers digging into the thick fur of the orbals to scratch it more. "I want a few things." He mused, twisting around to face her fully. Cocking a brow, his tone never shifting from the calm placid state from the earlier dinner. "I want you to not freeze to death." He absently commented, leaving the shaggy beast to move himself opposite Thalia. Sitting down on the bale of hay opposite her. "I want to go back inside and finish that delicious stew your Mother prepared." He said, nodding once.

He then lifted a finger. "But that is put on hold until we get to the third thing I want. You to come in from the storm." He mused, both hands opening in a gesture of welcoming. An invitation for the girl to speak her mind. "So how can we get to that point?" He asked, raising a brow.

It as then, his commlink beeped, casting an aside glance to the blinking device. A quick scan of the message, causing a flicker to fall across his face. Before it was quickly smoothed out. "Because I really am interested in hearing what you want. What you have to say." He stated, commlink slipping back into his pocket.

"Because as far as I'm aware. Master Quill is worried about you. I'm worried about you." He shrugged. "You're not a criminal on trial, Quill isn’t pressing charges or demanding your punishment."

"We just want to know what you want to do now. And whatever is it. We'll respect that choice."

"You can answer me now, or you can answer me later. But I'd ask that you give the matter some thought."

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn
Khefiir Khefiir

Thalia shifted in her makeshift bale bed and snorted at the Jedi.

"You can eat the karking stew without me. Storm off." She knew he wasn't lying. If Quill had really held a grudge or a vendetta against me he wouldn't have healed her. She looked at the hand now and for a split second she was back on the sands of Jakku, her hand mangled and twisted, blood seeping into the desert. She felt herself taking in sharp, short breaths but couldn't stop it. Dark thoughts were seeping into her mind like mynocks on an exposed power coupling.

"I should be punished." She whispered.
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

"From your perspective. I can see why you'd think that." He said, his tone never shifting, simply crossing his arms as he leaned back against his own haystack chair. From this distance, her distress and inner turmoil was a beacon. Shining brightly and clear to see. He could understand how she could feel so twisted up inside after everything that happened.

"But I'm afraid we may differ on what is considered suitable punishment." He offered, hand making a swift downwards motion. The desire for one to face justice for their crimes was understandable. But all too often that swiftly shifted into an unhealthy desire for self-flagellation born of self-loathing. "But as all parties involved were Jedi. And the affected party is not holding any grudges. It will be handled a little differently."

Pushing himself up from the haystack, the Warden of Peace began to brush off the various stay pieces of dried plant matter that stuck to his robes. "It all mostly boils down to one question I'd advise you to ask yourself." He said, picking stray straw off his shoulders, one eye turning to her.

"Do you still want to be a Jedi?"

His tone was still soft, letting the question hang in the air for a minute before shrugging again. "As said before. It’s not a question you need to answer right now. But perhaps you can think about it over the next few days?"

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

What a stupid question. Of COURSE she wanted to be a Jedi. That was why she left this ocean rock of a planet. Why she’d nearly burned the bridge with her family and her entire life here. To her, at this junction, it would be an utter failure if she didn’t become a Jedi.

And maybe you will fail.

The voice was back again.

She rolled over to face the Jedi now, her brown eyes glaring at him and her brow furrowed in anger. She was about to answer him when the orbaks started grunting and neighing furiously, moving from side to side in an effort to free themselves. She shoved her feelings into a corner in the pit of her stomach and got up from her bale and walked to the stables.

“Shh shhh, what’s wrong?” She stroked the long hair of one of the black orbaks but even her long-practiced calming touch didn’t do anything but agitate the beast even more. What could be doing this? They weren’t native to Pamarthe but these were adults, they were used to the storms, or at least they should have been. Storms. That was it!

“The nerfs! We have to get to the nerfs!” She didn’t wait for the Jedi knight. She burst from the barn and ran back out into the storm.

Last edited:
His brow raised slightly at the sudden shift from the nearby equines. His neutral expression rapidly shifting into a frown as he could feel the anxiety radiating from the creatures. Their discomfort becoming his own as he could feel flashes of whatever it was that caused them such stress. Empathy with animals was one of the first tricks he had ever picked up. The first way the Force Sensitivity manifested by allowing him to commune with what others would consider lesser creatures.

He was silent as Thalia began to put together what was wrong. Pushing himself to his feet as he began to move after Thalia. His longer legs allowing him to easily keep up with the panicked Padawan. For the briefest of moments, he considered seizing control of the situation, to cast his senses out and find the wayward farm animals.

But tests came in all shapes and sizes. It was working under pressure that truly showed someone what they were made of. The only experience he had with Thalia was from reports and the incident with Quill. Never knowing her personally, never speaking to her on a one-to-one basis before today.

So he wanted to see what kind of person she was under fire. If she would lose control of herself again. Or if she could be trusted to perform when it truly mattered.

"Padawan Senn." His voice came out like a thunderclap. Audible even over the howling winds. The title used was intentional, still considering her a member of the Order. Still considering her a Jedi, "Lead us to the nerfs." The implication was clear. It would be up to her to direct him. For her to take control and not panic again. To hold responsibility in her hands and see what she would do with it.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

The words weren't lost on Thalia. She smiled to herself as she ran through the darkness, rain, and hail. What could be attacking the nerfs right now? Lions weren't dumb enough to be outside their dens during a Weeping storm like this. Could some wild salt hounds have gotten in? Maybe a jialgheer? She hated those things whenever she wasn't riding them. She wasn't panicking, they had more than enough protection and more than enough credits to recoup the loss of a nerf or two, but she was so close and it was her home. If she could do something she would.

As they neared the barn it was clear something wasn't right. The sky it was so...bright.

"By the seven...What in the storming Force is that?!" In the distance, a great white mass was coming, writhing and cooing? Her eyes bulged as she realized what was coming their way and she felt like an absolute fool. Her mother had said this would be happening any day now! The orbaks were spooked, of course they were. They were coming. The swarm.

They wouldn't even bother with the nerf barn. She'd been so wound uptight that she thought it could have been a predator or raider or...Well anything but this! Now they were too far from any buildings to take shelter in. She cursed under her breath.

"Go back!" she shouted over the wind, but even loud enough to be heard over the wind, the coong was deafening now. They were almost upon them, their glowing eyes, spots, and stripes now clearly visible. In the Force they represented an insatiable hunger, an unmistakable feeling of absolute darkness. She'd never sensed this in them before. The lesser
skyeels were so docile and timid. She remembered throwing pebbles at them when she was little and trapping them for skyeel fishing with her father. But...never had she felt them like this in the Force. The terror was contagious. She felt her blood run cold as they approached. The terror inside her reached a fever pitch until...

The Force enveloped her. She could feel what felt like every living thing on the planet. The eels, the sleeping lions, the restless orbaks, the oblivious nerfs, her angry father, her worried mother, and...the hunger.

Last edited:
It seemed clear enough that the mother supported Thalia on the Jedi path and the father did not. Restless, Khefiir got up and stalked over to peer up through a window. An unsettling storm painted half the sky. Pamarthe was known for its furious weather.

"I never found a mate," he said after a moment. "I am a Jedi, and many of uss are sssselibate, and it'sss rare to meet another Trandoshan who ssharess my prioritiess. Sso I sspeak from an uninformed plasssse. It sseemss to me that the greatesst benefit to Thalia right now would be to have her parentsss united.

"Leave for the Jedi, sstay and abandon them - thiss iss a falsse dichotomy. How would your hussband resspond to the idea of me sstaying on Pamarthe to teach Thalia closse to home? The Forsse iss sspecific to a planet and itss people. There iss great value in her coming to learn the Forssse of thiss world, sssupported by both of you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom