Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stormwall

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
The faintly glowing sky was a hint that something might be off. He was no native, but he was fairly certain that this world's lunar activity was not so unusual that the light show was a regular occurrence. Casting out his own senses, he could not help but stumble slightly in his pace as he felt the primal hunger of the approaching swarm slam into him like a wave. Blinking once, twice rapidly. He came to a stop next to Thalia. Head turning back to look at the distant barn they had ran out of. Gauging its distance compared to the speed the swarm was approaching. It seemed the Padawan was correct.

The swarm would be upon them before they could find shelter.

Oddly enough, the realisation of his potential impending death did not rattle him that much. Perhaps it was the training of the Jedi helping keep him calm. Or perhaps it was simply him becoming so utterly jaded due to constantly being subjected to life-or-death situations in such a short span of time that the fear response in his brain simply gave up. With a slight frown on his face, he figured that it might be a mix of both.

"Oh well." He finally said, shrugging slightly as be brushed any thoughts of escape from his mind. Mental gears instead shifting towards survival. Easiest way to avoid swarms like this was to have them ignore you. Simply become one with the environment. You would not be considered food, but instead simply part of the background. The issue was that such a technique required a fairly tranquil mind.

And judging from the torrent of fear coming from Thalia. The Padawan was not quite capable of such a state right now. Frowning slightly, he mulled over the correct course for a split second. This was ultimately a trial for Thalia. But he figured he could lend some aid. One hand reaching out, he placd it firmly on the Padawan's shoulder. Closing his eyes, he opened up his own mind to her. Letting the bastion of calm that was his mind brush against her. He was acting as an anchor. A lighthouse in the storm to help guide the Padawan back to a more reasonable state of mind.

"Calm down." He said to her, his voice audible over the din even at such a level tone. "We have a minute or two before they get here." He commented, attempting to bring her back to reality. To focus on the now instead of a possible future where they were all eaten alive by a swarm of flying predators. "The fear you're feeling is but a distraction. You're worrying about what could be over what is."

He made a gesture towards a nearby stone, large enough for both of them to sit down on. Hand on her shoulder attempting to guide her to sit down. "You know this world better than I do." He said, tone still placid. "What do you have with you?" He asked, brow quirking. "What do you have here that can save you?"

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

"Calm down."

"You know this world better than I do."

He was right. This was her world. Her home. Even if she'd never seen a Glow Storm she'd heard the stories, heard the tales. They were of one mind, out to devour everything only to continue the circle of life. The swarm of Skyeels drew closer, the cacophony of their coos and caws droned out everything else. She was on that ocean again, her craft tossed about in the tumultuous waves of her own making. This place had been like a raging Weeping storm ever since that day. Every since-

The images flashed in her mind. A green lightsaber, a pang of betrayal like a hot cattle prodder on her skin, the hot desert sun, the explosion that ripped across her arm.

"The fear you're feeling is but a distraction. You're worrying about what could be over what is."
The words echoed in her mind and she grasped at them like the ropes of her sailing craft. She tugged on them hard. She was nearly tossed into the dark waves below. It was then she remembered something her father had once told her when learning to sail during her fist summer.

"Sailing isn't like flying a starfighter or floatin' along in a sim. Sometimes, going a direct line ain't always the right path. Sometimes you need to turn into the wind so you can catch the wind." Thalia choked out a sob. The wind, the swarm was terrifying. She didn't want to look into it, she didn't think she had the courage. She remembered her faltering not three days ago when fighting the raiders. The blank stare of her dead mentor Horvak and the memories of how she'd failed both him and Jend-Ro Quill. And then she felt it, Quill's presence, or the ghost of his presence, pushing her forward without judgment. She could be a Jedi. She Could!
tuy6Hg3.png

She sucked in a deep breath and reached into her childhood memories from when she was still unsure of her abilities but could truly feel Pamarthe, she hadn't felt that in a long while.
The flow of the waves in the Force on this dangerous world were not nearly as rough as the seas it held. The sea around her became calm like those of Manaan and the storm clouds above began to clear. And she could see them, really see the swarm.

"I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. The Force is in all...The Force connects." She could see them all, both individually and as a whole, not a violent force of darkness as she had felt before, but as another wave of Pamarthe, part of the vast ocean that was the planet, a part of its life cycle. They were moving, ever forward, never back, towards the next stage of their lives. She just needed to nudge it... The swarm vibrated in anticipation, their lights flickering for a moment and then they buzzed overhead, ignoring the homestead and continuing on their way, their coos and caws fading along with the blinding light they caused as they flew overhead.

When they were a safe distance away and over the ocean Thalia opened her eyes and turned to Jedi Knigh Tafo. She smiled weakly, her hands balled into fists as tight as she could.

"Knight Tafo. I know me mum said to give it a few days, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that I was meant to be a Jedi. Please," she bowed her head, "I would be honored if the Jedi would accept me despite my mistakes. I think I've come to understand...That when we are at our lowest point we are open to the greatest change when the Force is involved in our lives the way it is."

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Khefiir Khefiir

A smirk slowly spread over his face as he could feel Thalia finally let go of her fear. Finally moving past it and taking the next step in her journey. Setling himself down on the nearby rock. He placed his fist under his chin. Opening his own senses as he watched her work. Not commanding, merely guiding. Working in harmony with the world around her instead of imposing her will upon it.

Like a Jedi should.

The smirk slowly grew into a grin, which later spread into a full blow smile. As she turned to him, she would find the Warden of Peace smiling ear to ear. Hands slowly clapping together in congratulations. "Most impressive." He said, nodding towards the departing swarm. His clapping ceasing as he pushed himself back up to his feet, walking back over to Thalia. Both hands taking her by the shoulders.

"Padawan Senn. Failure is not to be feared, for it is simply a teacher." He began, giving her a reassuring squeeze. "It teaches us recognise our own faults and how to overcome them."

"Your actions today have proven that you are capable of overcoming your own failings."
Releasing her shoulders. He gestured for her to begin walking back to the farmstead. "We never rejected you Thalia. You rejoining the order was always your choice. Not ours." He began the slow walk back to the household. A much more sedate pace now that the storm was giving them a brief reprieve.

"Come, let’s bring you home."

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Maya set down her dishrag and seemed to ponder the thought.

"I think," she started before thunderous footfalls cut her answer short. Mikael had just rushed down the stairs, half-dressed in his nightclothes and a massive wooden rifle slung over his shoulder.

"Mikael?"

"Maya, Thalia- I saw her in the storm. The Glow Storm its-" Maya's hands flew from the sink to her mouth.

"Oh storms," she said, looking faint.

"I can confirm," came the voice of Thalia's Jedi Page bot that had been standing in the corner quietly for the entire dinner. "My lifeform scanners indicate someone with similar biometrics to Padawan Senn is indeed outside about 200 meters away." Maya wailed and Mikael stepped out.

"Don't leave me too!" Maya wailed as if her daughter was already dead. A great white light washed over the room and the sound like a thousand flapping wings and even more chittering birds echoed throughout the house. Mikael stumbled back in, falling on his haunches. The old rifle clattered to the ground, a part of its barrel snapping off from the impact. It had been an old gun, probably not even capable of firing.

"She's gone. Just like that. Before seeing her second summer." Mikael's voice was hollow.

"Master Senn," the doid said. "Padawan Senn is still out there. Approximately 200 Meters away."

Khefiir Khefiir

hJJw3Ng.png

Tafo's reassuring grip felt good on her shoulders. She felt so light now that she thought that she could float away and the only thing keeping her grounded was that proud, powerful grip. She smiled up at him and nodded.

Her stomach growled.

"I think," she said, "I could go for that stew now." She was asleep as soon as she finished her thought, the physical and emotional exhaustion of the last months crashing down all at once.

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

It was reassuring to see her in brighter spirits now. Her act of reconciling with her inner turmoil brought the Warden of Peace no small measure of comfort to know that she was feeling much better about herself. Simply chuckling lightly to himself as she collapsed, hands moving out to catch the smaller teen, lifting her into his arms. "Rest well Padawan. You earned it." He said, his voice being the last thing she heard before sleep took her fully.

His mood was certainly vastly improved as he made his way back to the farmstead. She'd grow so much from this. He could not wait to see how she applied herself past this juncture. Hopefully, the experience in connecting with so much life would help curb her temper a bit. Or just make her aware of it. Understanding one's place in the world tended to go a long way when it came to understanding one's own flaws.

His arrival back at the farmhouse was announced with a soft rapping on the doorframe as he made his way back inside. Thalia still held in his arms. Her chest slowly rising and falling with each breath, indicating that she was very much alive. "Apologies if we made you worry." He said, moving into the room and gently laying the slumbering girl down on the couch. "Padawan Senn and I were caught out in the rain. Thankfully, she was able to divert the swarm. So it passed us by." He turned to look at both her parents. "She's just tired. Intense use of the Force can exhaust the body and mind if one is not prepared." He explained, hoping to assuage any worries they may have. “She simply needs some rest.”

He did however shoot them a smile. "It was quite impressive. You should be quite proud of her. If not for her calmness under pressure. We'd be in a bit of a pickle."

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn
Khefiir Khefiir

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom