Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopping by to say Hello and a Quick Question.

Greetings all.

Long time star wars roleplayer, 20 years or so creative writing experience. Some of you may recognize my writing style quickly, especially the ones that invited me :). I already spot a few familiar faces!

It looks a very professional and artistic setup.

I would like to create a few untrained force characters at once and have them arrive together. Not to train together, or fight together but just to have some familiar ties that are not just based on family this run through. An event and a bit of a backstory. I was going to put them in the Jedi to start with and see which ones stick, which ones died off and if any went towards more sithy leanings.

I need to read up on the background and timeline, but if that's a go I will begin submitting them. I was thinking 4 would be workable if that is agreeable, especially to the Jedi themselves :D.

All the best either way.

Delila Castillon said:
I personally don't see what the big deal is. A good number of people have more than one Jedi character they RP across the site.
Thank you :).

Some forums you can post with more than one alt in one thread, some you can't. It was more if it'd be okay for that particular faction and those within it.

You can post alts in one thread, but I believe that the rule is that they cant really work together in the same place.
Example: Jimmy can't be in the same place as John in the invasion thread.

Darren Shaw said:
You can post alts in one thread, but I believe that the rule is that they cant really work together in the same place.
Example: Jimmy can't be in the same place as John in the invasion thread.
Ah glad I asked, thank you. I was going to have them coming in on a ship together, a crew that had been drawn and held together with a backstory. Usually I can do ties between characters with family arcs but I've done that to death to be honest. Nevermind back to the drawing board.

If you ask me, I would be fine with that, but somehow they split up and go their own ways maybe to meet back again later. I know of a few people who have done that. So dont completely take that out of the possible man.

Darren Shaw said:
If you ask me, I would be fine with that, but somehow they split up and go their own ways maybe to meet back again later. I know of a few people who have done that. So dont completely take that out of the possible man.
Hmm the way I can see it working well is if they have to be split up, grudgingly so at first.

Its dangerous for them to be together because of what ties them. At present I am thinking part of a crystal inside each of them, which is not only dangerous to be in the same vicinity with the other pieces but also has bounty hunters after them to get it, something like that.

They could still communicate, send letters for plot devices etc, but never actually interact physically beyond a hug, passing glance or quick exchange.

You can have characters and make them interact with one another [I've done it before in the past] what you CAN'T do is have them both knock out a development thread or count towards the 5 needed for a dominion as it's reliant on different WRITER accounts, not character accounts. So you could do what you have planned, it would work, so long as you don't expect to do any solo-development (tech/factory) things with just them. If others are involved, then sure. And same for dominions / invasions etc - unless there's the right number of writers. Hope this makes sense?/clears it up.

@[member="Kei Amadis"]

Matreya

Howdy. You should feel free to join the Lord's of the Fringe. Were a group that accept pretty much anyone (star Jedi pupil, or absolute Sith Lord.). Also, welcome to the site and enjoy your time here. Hit me up if you ever want to RP.

Welcome to Chaos. The Dark Side awaits your arrival with much eagerness and hunger. Oh yes you will start off as juicy lollipop of Jedi, but when you meet with me, the fall will be envitable. :D

Daxton Bane, Intergalactic Hero to the Masses and Tormentor to small furry sentients at your service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom