Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still looking for a sith master (again, the like 4th time)

Im not simply getting mad that you guys are critiqueing me. Im annoyed that the first thing noticed is im looking for a master and darth is in front of my characters name, looking for a reason to be a bother, and not looking at a more postive out look for it. Next im also annoyed that someone wants to tell me that my character will be killed for the way he acts when i roleplayed with 2 people,whwho almost where my characters master before one didnt have a muse in roleplaying and the other disappeared. All im saying is please dont start a problem where one isnt due, and i'm fairly open minded to who i have as my master, the only thing i wont do is work with a master who has other apprentices

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Darth Haze"]

Sup Haze. Look man. I know [member="Tirdarius"] here isn't your real mom. (Probably. ;p ) And I know his advice can come off as harsh sometimes. But he's a truly skilled writer and has taught me many things about life, RP, and good writing too. So take his advice or don't. Your call. I mean. You're the boss after all. Your game, your way. And all that jazz. But don't write T-money up there off completely. He's a champion if you'll let him be. Seriously.

And good luck finding a Master dude. My own 2 cents would be to adventure with other Sith until you find somebody worth your time. Then PM that person. This will probably take you about 2 months of RPs with other Sith. But it's better than just waiting for somebody to come by a pick you up.

Cheers mate. Enjoy the game! You got this. :D

Thank you for the good advice, i appreciate it. I am looking for a master but if anyone wants to roleplay that would be splended, i want to finally have a thread where my character finally gets his light saber

You should really write a bio dude. I always feel weird knowing literally nothing about a character that I rp with, and only really do it when I know the writer well enough to know that he or she won't to something stupid. So my advice: create a bio, resize your profile picture and try to write with less mistakes (no need to be perfect at spelling and grammar but having at least somewhat of a structure in a sentence most certainly helps to read stuff. And that is coming from someone who often makes spelling and grammar mistakes himself.)

This is a rp and we are all doing this for fun, but some level of professionalism is expected if you want people to take you seriously.

[member="Darth Haze"]

[member="Darth Abyss"] makes an excellent point - I've often gone to hunt down someone's bio in order to do a little descriptive writing. After all, there's a person standing in front of me: what's the first thing I notice about them? What do they look like? How do they stand? What's their attitude? There's always more to a person than just what they say or do, so it's helpful if other writers have a sense of that with respects to you - even something as simple as your character's race or basic physical characteristics (height, weight, hair/eye colour) would be useful!

I made an app/bio. Im starting to notice no one knew that, people dont have to but i chose to do so. Please take the time and read it, its not the best but its helpful

Tirdarius said:
[member="Darth Haze"] Kylo Ren wouldn't last a month with real Sith. By the by: giving yourself a Darth title before you've even made it through the Acolyte stage is also a little off-putting.
[member="Tirdarius"]
Poor Kylo, what did he ever do to deserve this.

Well, if you become "Master of the Knights of Ren" and still lose to someone who's not even a Jedi Padawan... Yes there may be serious questions asked of you. But Kylo was up against an invincible and dangerous foe, Darth Bad-Writing. (Okay, only that aspect was bad writing, I loved the film overall)

Though really, I'm sure Kylo would have been fine, he reminds me of every other emotional Sith acolyte that climbs through the ranks, and I doubt he was that unstable. Just like Vader he gets angry sometimes. And he could get through on that Skywalker family recognition alone. :p

[member="Wolf"] True enough, but it was the lack of stability that would invariably get him cut to pieces. Not to mention that, on several occasions, he very clearly acted contrary to his better judgment and moved rashly. Such would be frowned upon by any serious Sith. Kylo Ren would be an expendable weapon to throw at Jedi, but not one worthy of the upper hierarchy.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
[member="Tirdarius"], [member="Wolf"]

Kylo does seem like the stereotypical Sith Acolyte...though on the bright side most of the time he seems to take out his temper tantrums on computer monitors instead of always murdering his minions! That's better than the typical Sith in the Korriban Academy in KotoR, though that may be damning with faint praise. That obviously doesn't rule out him being able to grow and mature more as time goes by.

I think it's quite telling that apparently Snoke (who the hell thought that would be a good name?) has not completed Kylo's training. The impression I get is that Kylo was just meant to be an attack dog to sic on Snoke's enemies, but not someone meant for greater things. In all fairness, Luke was in hiding, there were no other Jedi around, so Snoke might have simply not had incentive to teach Kylo more until the events of TFA. Mind you, that's just the vibe I get from the movie and his sadly rather uninspiring performance in it. We'll see if he's matured a bit in the next movie.

[member="Naamah Aesham"]
I'm also hoping for better things for him in the next film. Who knows, maybe he'll manage to cut Rey's arm off. :p

I have a feeling the conflicted emo vibe will remain with him for the whole trilogy though, until he is either redeemed or dies...

It would be better and more interesting if him killing his father really does end the conflict inside of him, and he reaches some level of emotional stability and fully commits to being a Sith/Dark Jedi/Knight of Ren, and fulfils his role as a proper menacing villain. Though I doubt this will happen.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
[member="Wolf"]

I agree. Would be nice if he toughened up, became a committed, properly threatening villain and started thinking for himself instead of just doing what a hologram tells him to do. Maybe getting his butt handed to him will give him incentive to grow up. And Rey does need a real challenge, otherwise it's not an interesting hero's journey.

Besides, maiming the protagonist is a Star Wars tradition that ought to be upheld. :D

[member="Wolf"] I'll consider it ;)

Also, I don't feel Han's death ended Kylo's inner conflict: if anything, I think it provoked it further. He clearly seems to have felt that ending Han's life would end that conflict and elevate him into being fully dedicated to his cause, but his fight with Rey seems to indicate otherwise. He was distracted, allowed himself to see her as an asset rather than a threat, and clearly underestimated her. I can only imagine this was either a lack of training (which Kylo's decimation of the new Jedi Order would seem to be at odds with), or he was still emotionally conflicted.

I think we'll be seeing more of that in future films...

[member="Naamah Aesham"]

I absolutely agree that Snoke was using Kylo as a weapon, rather than as an intended replacement: he seemed quite keen to place Ren in danger and showed much interest in Rey, perhaps reasoning that she might be better shaped into the true Apprentice that he wanted. It also meant that Snoke would not have to face Luke Skywalker himself, nor deal with his burgeoning Jedi Order: as Palpatine used Anakin to destroy the Jedi, so too did Snoke use Kylo. Expendable, but useful while he serves a purpose. Such was my impression!

Instead of using my thread to talk about kylo ren can someone roleplay with me or take being my master into consideration because i need a master

Dude just chill the f... out. Seriously with this attitude no one will ever be your master. I told you some things you can do to make a better impression on the people here, and others have done the same. Not anyone will get a master right away, and you play a sith character. Start it of, do some stuff with other sith. A sith seeks power IC so do that, get a master to notice you witj your behaviour IC and OOC instead of whining all day. Sorry for these harsh words but I felt like you needed to hear them if you plan on enjoying your time here.

Also spamming new threads with the same question is the worst thing you can do because no one likes people who spam.

[member="Darth Haze"]

[member="Darth Haze"]

Hi, I play [member="Darth Ferus"] , who was notorious for training practically anyone who came around wanting to learn. Dozens upon dozens have had at least one training session with that character, and it was simply because I understand how hard it is to progress as a FU without a master. Having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find someone, anyone, to teach me something. It sucked, a lot, going from one writer to another to just get enough of that RP to figure out where the characters gonna go.

So, I come with my own brand of advice. I won't lie, there were many people I've written with that I made a one time training. And, to be blunt, you'd be one of them. I know a lot of this thread has been 'bashing' you, but it's not meant to be rude. Both [member="Darth Abyss"] and [member="Tirdarius"] have stated the exact things I would look in someone I would spend time assisting in RP.

And now for the advice.

You don't need a Sith Master. A common misconception is the need for a master in order to gain moar powa. You don't need that. Go out and RP, train yourself, find some books, etc. In the time it's taken you to make this, a fourth thread looking for a master, you could have been looking for some adventure RP, tomb diving into old forgotten Sith Lords for their last writings and teachings. You get the point.

Don't wait for a master. Don't wait for someone to train you. Train yourself, make great RPs, and people might even go out of their way to try and train you themselves.

Yah cant be a darth without a master, its in the code. Secondly i dont care who you may be dont dictate how others will feel about me, i had 2 people who easily would train my character bur had personal stuff to attend to first, so i would like it if you knock it off with the rude comments about me not getting anywhere looking for people to roleplay with and people to be my master. Finally my phone was being weird at made another post or 2 of a post i made, so i would like you to ask about stuff like that before you assume im needy and will get no one's attention this way, its rude

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom