Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still isolated…frozen…crumbling…

Uri stared up at the man the look of confusion obvious were the man stared back with a blank expression. Uri slowly slipped his and into his robes to reach for his journal the whole time watching as the man's stare turned more into an angry glare. Uri held the journal in his hands and undoing the bind. As soon as it was open, the man jerked it from Uri's hand and tossed it behind him. The pages scattered about the cavern and covered the ground with the random pages. Uri ducked his head at the man's sudden rage, but then finally mustered the courage to speak, "We're suppose to be aware-"

Uri cowered as the man's voice echoed through the cave, "You don't think I'm aware of my disdain for you!?" He then took a softer tone the anger still in his voice, "I should leave you here and return to our master. I will be more use to her than you will ever be."

Uri look up at the man with concern. He couldn't understand the anger that he held. "Master Corvus, would know the difference.You can't be me."

The man scoffed then snickered at Uri, "You're stupid to say that... You still believe I am..."

After the short session of meditation, the two of them open their eyes, and look at each other. "That one" They say in unison, and realize they are pointing to two different spots. Jake walks to the wall, and touches the crystal that had called to him, firsts, and it seems warm to the touch, and almost inviting, then he reaches out to the crystal Savara pointed to. When he touches the crystal, he can feel his master's presence, as if her essence had been absorbed into the crystal. he grabbed both of the crystals, and held them in either hand, unsure what to do. "Which one is the right..." Jake started to ask turning to his old master, who wasn't there any more. Instead, he heard her voice inside of his head. "My force energy has filled the second crystal, I am now able to communicate with you, and be able to help give you guidance. The link might also work in the inverse way. You might be able to call on me whenever you wish. This crystal is our commlink." Jake listened. He felt as though a part of himself had been restored. he looked at the crystal he had been drawn to, and placed it in his pocket. He would find a way to utilize it in his saber later. for now, he would leave this cave, and maybe talk with Master [member="Corvus Raaf"] about his discovery. Soon enough he saw her, where he had left her. She was standing as if She expected to see him coming.

Steve figured he could start making his Lightsaber as soon as he could gather the peices that he would be using from his pack. He sat in the snow floor of the cave, layed out the pieces and the crystal. Steve closed his eyes, focused on the Force and let his mind fall into it. The crystal before him began to glow dimly at first, but slowly grew in intensity as time went on as the Force channeled into it through Steve.

He felt the warmth of the Force around him and the call of the crystal before him. The connection was weak, but in time, he would achieve the strength needed to complete the lightsaber.

[member="Jake Cabur Tor"]

Corvus waited patiently outside the cave. She conversed with the Force ghost, the second one she could now say she knew - albeit this one was much less corporeal than the one that had taught her.

His disappearance could only mean one thing - a Padawan was approaching. Sure enough, she looked up and saw Jake. She bowed politely her eyes twinkling even in this low light, "You have a question for me?" It was as much a statement as anything else.

"Umm, Im not sure, Unless you can tell me what type of crystal this is?" Jake asked [member="Corvus Raaf"] , showing her the crystal his master somehow imbued with her presence. Then waited for her response patiently, he had never seen this kind of crystal before and wanted to understand what he was carrying. Afterwards he asked, "And This crystal is a solari crystal, Right?" He asked, mainly to affirm what he thought, and also keep their conversation going. He always enjoyed talking to those that were more experienced than he was, as there was something thrilling about gaining knowledge. It didn't matter what the knowledge was about, it calmed him, and brought him to a higher level of thinking that he tried to attain regularly.

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Kian Karr"]

Ugly Me chewed at the corner of one of her nails -- which, I noticed, were pointed like talons. I wondered briefly what her -- my -- Sith name would be, and she looked up suddenly, as if she sensed my thoughts. "Goody Two-Shoes over here would argue that there's no way for you to choose until the time is right and all that poodoo, but I say you outta know what you're gonna do." She grinned nastily. "By the way, it's Darth Zerona, if you're wondering. Little girl, pretty soon you're gonna--"

Suddenly, Pretty Me's saberstaff was lit, with one blade pointed at Ugly Me's throat. The dark sider, meanwhile, had her own saberstaff lit and blocking the other blue blade with her red one. She threw a dirty look at Pretty Me, but before any words could come out of her mouth the Jedi said sternly, speaking to both of us, "No one should learn of the specifics of their future. Otherwise the balance might become upset, and then where would we be?"

"In charge of our lives!" Ugly Me snarled. I, meanwhile, standing on the sidelines, had to admit that she was making her path much more appealing than being a stuffy Jedi. Again doing that creepy mind-reading thing, the Dark Sider spared a look at me, giving the Jedi a grin evil enough to curdle blue milk. "You're not making a good case for yourself, Jeedai."

Pretty Me pushed Ugly Me back and deactivated her weapon. "Unlike you, I don't need to beg, plead, and embellish folks to get them to join me," she shot back. "I trust she will make the right choice."

"Again, though, I don't even know how I'm supposed to choose!" I threw my hands up in exasperation. "Neither one of you are making any sense! On one hand, we've got Ms. Model Jedi, who's so stuck up and serious we'd have to do surgery to remove the stick. On the other hand, we've got Darth Creepy who's downright psycho!" My hands came together to rub my forehead in frustration. "And all I have are your words that you guys are the only choices I have. But there's always a third option!"

"Roshki, you aren't paying attention," Pretty Me said gently. "We are your possibilities, but--"

"But we aren't you specifically, little girl. I just represent the highest level of badassery you'll achieve while with the Sith, whereas Goody Two-Shoes--"

"Whereas I am the personification of the best possible Jedi version of you there is."

Both Mes fell silent, watching me expectantly, as I absorbed what they said. And then, that was when I realised just what they had given me.

A choice.

Corvus looked down. It was difficult to tell crystals apart with the naked eye. But if it came form the cave, it was most likely a Solari crystal – but then they come in all shapes, sizes and colours.

She examined the other and they appeared broadly the same when sensed with the Force.

“I’d say they were both Solari crystals. The first has a different aura. Subtly different but different none the less. As if someone has imbued it with the Force before and left their aura. Both would work in a saber once you attune them to yourself as well as the Force. And it is not so unusual to choose two. I myself collected a second one the first time I was here. Maybe it was an accident, but when the time came to build my shoto, it was strangely reassuring that I had one. And the reason I picked up the second crystal was also the reason I needed to build the shoto. So a perfect symmetry.”

“Both of your crystals should produce a wider beam – ideal for deflecting blasters and will only work for as long as you remain true to the Light-side of the Force of course.” She smiled, “Anything else?”

[member="Jake Cabur Tor"]

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Tracyn appeared like a phantom, of which Ori'ramikad and men of his calibre were known for. He could be sensed with the force, but here in this area- it was looking at a needle in a very large haystack. His ashlan aura blended in with the rest, as if he was a wisp of white smoke in fog. He was noticeable, but not entirely easy to find, either. Unless they were looking. And he had no ill intent, he was simply here on a whim- he was checking up on an old student of his, [member="Corvus Raaf"]. Tracyn was now approaching 40, but he did not look the part. He smiled as he walked up beside her, his hands behind his back, quietly. His hood was up, but he wasn't trying to be sneaky or mysterious- he was cold! He could, however, warm himself with the force, but Tracyn had learned by his own Master that it would be an abuse of the force to correct something that he could fix himself, and was un-Jedi like.

He turned to his old student, smiling at how far she had come as both a person and a Jedi. He found that more often than not, the two were independently related.

"They seem eager, Miss Raaf."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Kian's body was covered in a thin veil of sweat as the two combatants made their way about the room. His yellow blade slapping away the incessant attacks of the purple saberstaff of Darth Sevena. She was the most deadly of enemies he'd faced off with in years.....but something just didn't seem right.

"Do I sense anger in you Jedi?" She asked giggling as Kian ducked under an attack and cut out with his blade. He felt a rush of victory as he heard her sudden his of anger and he realized he had caught her on the leg, just above the knee. It wouldn't bring her down, but it would slow her.

"No, you do not Sith." Kian said rushing forward, not willing to give up the sudden advantage. "You sense resolve." Kian's blows came in strong and fast. They were simple attacks, meant to drive her back, to push her defenses out of position. Three solid two-handed strikes drove her weapon in front of her and with a sudden jerk of his blade, Kian sunk his saber through the hilt and into her chest.

Kian immediately realized something wasn't right when, instead of seeming hurt or shocked, she merely cackled in laughter. Then, before Kian could even ask a single question, her form vanished before him. Kian suddenly found himself alone in the room, illuminated by the crystals that were growing out of the walls. A part of Kian was surely aware that it had been a force vision all along.....but it had seemed so real....a greater part of him had believed it to be.

"I must find Roshki." Kian said to himself, suddenly concerned for his apprentice. As he turned to leave however, his eyes caught an unusual sight. One small cluster of crystals were isolated from the others. While the crystals that covered the room were an assortment of brilliant colors, these were glowing a light, dull silver. Kian had never seen silver lightsaber crystals that hadn't been manufactured.

Walking over the set, Kian ran a hand over them and he felt the force flow strongly through him. It was a similar feeling to how he had felt back on Illum all those years ago collecting crystals.....and yet so different. Pulling one of the crystals free, Kian placed it into the pouch on his utility belt and turned to find his apprentice.

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Kian Karr"]

I know, I know. "A choice". Like they haven't already given me two?

But they'd said I had no choice. It was either A or B. This or That. Oranges or Bananas. I didn't get to go any other way.

Except that was a lie. There was a third choice, and I almost applauded myself for being so smart. Score one for the Rosh-Meister, you know?

Almost. I wasn't that egotistical.

Well, maybe a little. Anyway.

The two were my extremes...But there was always a happy medium. And that's what I wanted, kinda. The Mes had said I would be a part of one order or the other, but they didn't say how I would really act -- would I be a Dark Sider with a touch of goodness? Or would I be a goody-goody Jedi with a touch of darkness (the last one piqued my interest; who wouldn't want to be a smudgy light sider?)

So, I crossed my arms, and I smiled, which put the two on alert. Finally! It seemed like I was the one in control now. "You said I had to choose."

"Yes," they both said in unison, watching me intently.

"If you choose to become me, you--"

"Shut it, Ugly. I'm not done." Ugly Me snarled, but I didn't let it bother me. "Well, I've made my choice: I'm not. I'm not going to conscientiously choose what I become. I mean, how the hell can I? I'm not a prophecy....person. I can't see the future. Therefore, I abstain from choosing and, uh...instead, delegate the Force or whatever to choose me. Or something."

Ugly Me glowered, probably unhappy. Like I gave a kark. That loon was whacko. Pretty Me didn't seem too happy either, but instead she simply nodded. "We understand. Don't we, Darth Zerona?"

"Yeah, yeah, little Jedi."

Pretty Me looked in my direction, and suddenly the two were closer. Much closer. I tried to step back but my feet were frozen. Actually, my whole body was frozen. Even my tongue.

Dammit.

Ugly Me and Pretty Me both reached out with their hands, one with her right and the other with her left until both were over my own (suddenly) outstretched palm. In creepy unison, they said, "You may be correct in allowing the Force to guide you, but keep in mind that every step you take nudges you one way or another." Something cold and hard dropped into my hand, but I still couldn't move.

The two began to fade away, until all that was left was a pair of glowing yellow eyes -- Ugly Me. But instead of being hateful, patronizing, etc., they were...Almost...sad? "You know, being a Dark sider isn't all that bad, little girl." Odd. The voice sounded less scary, and more...wistful. "But...just keep in mind, the truth doesn't always cut it, but sometimes it's the only choice that's left. Remember that."

Finally, she too faded away, until it was just me and my clenched fist in the room. But I didn't look at the objects right away -- instead, I let loose with one shout before my eyes rolled back in my head and I passed out.

"Karr!"

Corvus seemed to take meeting Tracyn in her stride - as if meeting a former teacher in the middle of an ice-planet, hidden in a cave was normal.

"Was I any different?" She smiled and bowed slightly. "Tracyn, this is Jake. Jake has just found a couple of interesting crystals. Tracyn has no doubt come to check if my abilities in steel hands are any better than the last time he checked. Mediocre was it?" She laughed softly. "I practice every day, but even after twelve years, I have not put in sufficient time to make me think I'll ever master the art. But I'll settle for competent."

"So, what brings you here?"

[member="Tracyn"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"]

Alan

[member="Jake Cabur Tor"] received a smile from the man. He turned his head towards [member="Corvus Raaf"], offering just a slight shrug of his shoulders."Mastery comes with application, not practice."Was his response to her statement about her level in the martial art he taught her. He looked around, cocking his head downward at her.

"I am simply observing the newer generation of Jedi. And I don't see any reason to doubt any of them."

Jake looked at [member="Tracyn"], not knowing what to expect. Seeing how close He and [member="Corvus Raaf"] were, he assumed that Tracyn was a jedi maser, not having the knowledge of the force to distinguish between rank at this time. "Greetings Master Tracyn I am Jake Cabur Tor." Jake said informing the man of his full name, wondering if by the pronunciation of the other's name, it was Mando'a, which meant fire. "Are you by any chance a Mandalorian?" Jake asked a bit tentatively, as his own name was largely derived from Mando'a. Cabur meant Guardian, and Tor meaning Justice, he had picked the name to signify his will to guard those who cannot defend themselves and ensure that justice was brought about.

Alan

[member="Jake Cabur Tor"] was perceptive, and got a slight smirk from Tracyn.

"When I joined the Jedi, I left ties such as that behind me. I was among some of the better Mandalorians, Ori'ramikad in Mando'a. But I'm assuming you know that already."

He smiled at Jake again, nudging [member="Corvus Raaf"].

"Shame you never picked up the language."

Corvus smiled and waved her hand. “Languages were never my strong suit. Nor Teräs Käsi it seems. But rest assured I am diligent in my application – and I seem to get by. And it’s good to see you here. There’s a group currently looking for Solari crystals – as good a Padawan crop as I’ve ever seen since I’ve been on Ossus.”

[member="Tracyn"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"]

"Bic cuyir a pu'yida la liser va motir teg mhi vod(1)" Jake said in Mandalorian to [member="Tracyn"] , the culture of his origin, though he had been at the temple for the majority of his life; he never forgot the language. "Ni narir nakar'mir Teräs Käsi, malyasa'yr gar cuyir liser e'lyrea ni bathas cavas eak?(2)" He asked hopefully not knowing if the other would have some time on his hands to work with. Jake was still a padawan, but he knew the importance of being diverse and the skill could prove invaluable in the future.

1- it is a shame she can't understand us brother.
2- I don't know Teräs Käsi, will you be able to teach me some of the basics sometime?

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Sanya continue into the labyrinth, the tunnels got brighter the further she proceeded, they where lined with cyan crystals but non of them really called out to her. She wasn't even sure they where crystals maybe her mind was playing games, in here it's hard to tell reality from her own mind but she pressed on it was something she had to endure. Each step she took felt painful now only hearing the ice crush under her feet yet leaving no footprint.

She soon came across an arch way leading into a brightly lit Domed shaped room, the walls where ice and the supports where made of stone, the center of the room was a pedestal with a brass looking key and a mirror placed on it. Sanya approached the pedestal looking in the mirror she reached out her hand to pick it up before a voice started talking.

"Oh my dear little girl, look at how much you have changed." the voice giggled. Sanya spun her head around to see if she was there "Mum I... is that you?" "I never stopped watching you" a small draft blew past Sanya in the sound of a sigh "I'm so proud of you, you have achieved so much on your own, done so much good. I only held you back." Tears started running down Sanya face "DON'T SAY THAT!" her voice whimpered. "it's because of you I'm here." "Hush now my little girl it wasn't me that helped all those people now was it? I didn't even know you had the potential to become a Jedi"

Sanya pulled her cape up to her face to wipe away the tears "but it's because of me your not here." "It was never your fault Sanya what happened that day was my choice and my choice alone, I wanted to protect you like you do all this people and they are the choices you make they are what makes you who you are. Take that key in front of you."

Sanya reached out her hand once more and picked the key up. "This key resembles you with it you can unlock many doors, but once one is open many close and others will open. these doors are the choices you make. the mirror shows you who you are it's reflection always remains honest but refuse to accept yorself it will brake shattering into many pieces and some of them will be lost. this is the last thing I will ever teach you but always be yourself and the paths later before you will be clear. Now I must go but remember I will always be by your side watching, I love you my little girl"

Sanya closed her eyes as one more tear ran down her face "I love you too Mum" once she opened she was back in the room she had started in. This time there was spike of ice Dropping down from the center with two orange crystals wedged into the tip. As she approached the clump of ice the two crystals grew brighter she reached out her hand and pulled them out. the door in the middle open up, she recognized the tunnel this time it she was white of it, and adamant that it would lead her back to the entrance of the cave.

A few others where gathered there and she wondered how long she was in there but that no longer matters what dose was the lessons she learned and one last moment with her Mum, maybe it was her imagination but all she knew is that it gave her closure for what happened many many years ago. She no longer carried that burden, that weight on her shoulder. She looked in her hand at the two orange crystals then she pulled out her data pad to look at what kind she was shocked when she found out what they where. she had obtained two solari crystals, if anything she was shocked one was rare let alone two. She sighed with a puff of white mist leaving her mouth "I will never understand how the force works."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"No, you're just in my head," Uri shook his head. "You're not real."

"Says the boy who's talking to me," The man stared down at Uri. "Give up. I'm the real Jedi. What do you have to offer our master?"

He suddenly remembered what the phantom said before he entered. What he said about Uri finding a part of himself in these caves. This was that part of himself. This man. His future version of himself. Uri knew because of his skin, his robes.

"You're part of me so I could be the real Jedi."

"NO! You will never be a Jedi! you don't even like lightsabers," the man turned to leave.

Uri winced and cowered again at his rage, "If you're a Jedi then am I not?"

"You doubt yourself. If you want to be a Jedi you must first learn to remove this doubt. If you do not then, you will fail and you will put not only yourself but everyone around you in mortal danger. Know who you are. This is all I can tell you."

In an instant the man was gone, Uri stood alone in the cavern. He glanced up at a small light coming from the ceiling. The Solari crystal. So far up. Uri was a smart boy however. He pulled a metal sai from his belt throwing it at the formation. He should have stood under it before throwing the sai. He ran to catch it as it fell leaping even but it slipped just past his fingers. As the Solari crystal hit the ground it split into two equal halves. Uri didn't understand how but that was what he had in front of him. He took them then put the sai back in his belt. Last thing to do before leaving ws to grab his journal that the man threw from Uri. It stayed bound together all except for one page:

Uridrawing.png

The man. Uri. The future. A face he could never escape nor should he try to. Know himself remove. All doubt. He didn't know how much of a struggle that would be. He managed to get the crystal... crystals at least. With that he made his way back to the entrance and to his master.

She'd been waiting patiently and conversing with the Force ghost. As he vanished before her eyes, she knew his disappearance could only mean one thing - a Padawan was approaching. Sure enough, she looked up and saw Uri.

She bowed politely her eyes twinkling even in this low light, "You have the crystals I sense." It was as much a statement as anything else. This was not the time to ask questions, it was the time to listen - assuming Uri wanted to talk. For if he didn't, silence would be the order of the day. Everyone found something different in the caves and it was the same when they emerged - all had a different story and a unique way of telling it. To pre-judge was a travesty. So she stood and waited, allowing Uri the time to decide the next step.

[member="Uri Aureleos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom