Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Stiletto-class Droid Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
zdasbsu.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A cheap yet capable droid interceptor.
  • Image Source: SPACE JET 303 by Michael Oberschneider
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Droid Tri-Fighter
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Arctrus Astronautical
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: Stiletto-class Droid Interceptor
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Tridurium Chassis, Droid Components, Starfighter Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Droid Interceptor
  • Length: 6 metres
  • Width: 1.6 metres
  • Height: 1.25 metres
  • Armament: Very Low
    • [2] Precision Laser Cannons
  • Defences: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Very High | 20
  • Manoeuvrability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: None
STANDARD FEATURES
  • The Stiletto-class is outfitted with all the features and facilities one would expect from a vessel of its size and purpose.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Outfitted with sophisticated TriTech-manufactured droid brains and heuristic processors, Stilletos are capable of surprisingly advanced and adaptable tactics, including reacting to their situation and the flow of the greater battle, though they still lack the creativity of organic pilots.
  • An inbuilt Tactician Battle Computer allows packs of Stilettos to share targetting data, increasing their accuracy significantly.
STRENGTHS
  • Exceptional Dogfighter: With the superior reflexes and tactical awareness of a droid placed within a sleek and exceedingly agile chassis, the Stiletto is one hell of a dogfighter, able to turn, weave, and pirouette faster than most organic eyes can track. Not to mention that its positively slight frame is teeth-grindingly difficult to hit in the vastness of space, especially given its agility.
  • Pack Tactics: To compensate for its mediocre firepower the Stiletto is designed to be fielded in large packs, their Tactician Battle Computers and heuristic processors allowing them to share targetting data and ease the use of complex and adaptable tactics.
  • Cheap: Strip away the hyperdrive, the shield generator, life support, inertial compensators, and a dozen other smaller features and one is left with a cheap - but effective - design. No expense was made without due consideration, resulting in a very reasonable price tag.
WEAKNESSES
  • Dedicated Dogfighter: The Stiletto is certainly a very good dogfighter, but that is also the only real thing its good at - while packs of Stilettos could pose a threat to smaller capital ships, they clearly aren't designed to go up against anything bigger than a gunship.
  • Dead in the Water: Decently protected against such weapons they may be, on account of their Tridurium chassis, but powerful EMPs are likely to leave entire packs of Stilettos drifting defencelessly as their systems reboot - a process that will likely take several minutes, leaving plenty of time for them to be picked off by enemy fighters, or begin plummetting to the ground if affected while within a gravity well.
  • Carrier-Reliant: Lacking a Hyperdrive of its own and with meagre fuel reserves unlikely to last more than a three-hour patrol, or half an hour of active fighting, the Stiletto is very much reliant on carriers or planetside hangars for deployment and refuelling.
  • Fragile: The Stiletto's sleek and unshielded hull is unlikely to withstand anything above small arms fire.
DESCRIPTION
Once more taking inspiration from the technology and strategies of the ancient Confederacy of Independent Systems, Arctrus' Stiletto starfighters were first envisioned as the
Luminex System's outermost line of defence against pirates and the plague alike, vast hordes of the fighters being hosted by gargantuan fighter nests in the Belt of Wraiths, surging forth to throw themselves with abandon against any who would break quarantine.

Following the reintegration of Erakhis into the galactic community and Arctrus' renewed expansion efforts, the Stiletto was produced in even greater numbers, its compact frame and cheap materials making it perfect for mass-production and distribution.

Neither well-armed nor well-armoured, the sleek, almost delicate, craft is easily underestimated - often to deadly effect. Unconstrained by the limitations of the flesh, the Stiletto "sees" in every direction, reacts with inhuman speed, and is perfectly willing to sacrifice itself to achieve an objective! It is, for instance, not uncommon for these fighters to ram particularly competent adversaries from behind, though their slight frame makes them unsuited for kamikaze attacks against capital ships.

Last edited:
Eocin Chiyat Eocin Chiyat | Fiolette Raaf

This is a nice little ship, but currently, it is 2 rating points overpowered, I refer to the workings below.

Workings

Production: Mass = 0​
Armament: Very Low = 2​
Defences: Very Low = 2​
Squadron Count: Very High | 20 = -2​
Manoeuvrability Rating: Very High = -2​
Speed Rating: Very High = -2​
Total: 2+2-2-2-2=-2​
We can approve the submission as it is, although that might lead to it being reported in the future, or you could adjust the ratings before I pass it through.

Please let me know what you decide to do.

John Locke John Locke

Aha, I was not aware that Hyperdrive Class was no longer considered during the balancing process - a change in 5.1? A shame, I quite liked the tradeoff between independence and carrier-reliance. (To clarify, is it now completely irrelevant or only considered when going below Class 1?)

Anyway, since you left it to me, I reduced the speed to High and modified the "Carrier-Reliant" weakness to give it an even shorter operational period. I reckon that, combined with no hyperdrive, should amount to a single point. Here's to hoping no one reports it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom