Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellaris - Releases 5/9

Valiens Nantaris said:
1000 ships? You'll never need that many. Fallen Empires have military strength of about 60,000. To get that you only need about 35 battleships with top equipment and some meatshields.

So it turns out my fleet comp or tech was too crap against a FE, so save scummed back.

1000 ship power is definitely enough for any individual Empire, though. However, ALL my neighbors (on all sides except the FE) are in the same federation. Then again, they're all at perpetual war against another federation so maybe I'll grab some vassals.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I've been in a Federation with a bunch of pacifists for the past 80 years, and have successfully carried them (being a race of militarist xenophobic spiders) into being the clearly dominant power in the galaxy. I was considering ditching them and seeing if they could put up a fight when the AI Revolt started. Now I'm letting the Machine Empire grow to have an enemy worth fighting.

If you were wondering where Cyrus' character came from... see: how I play 4x games.

Well, won my first game outright. Usually I give up when I'm the top dog, but this time I saw it through. 1000 star galaxy, 15 AI, normal difficulty.

The game could have ended decades earlier because I decided to beat up a Fallen Empire. I didn't have to but I wanted to show my might. The AI was less difficult than I had feared because they split up to fight my vassal hordes, allowing me to defeat their fleets piecemeal.

As it is now it was pretty much a cakewalk past a certain point. With 52 battleships and a fleet of 87% evasion corvettes I simply conquered empire after empire. Battleships with 4 lances, a point defence and some close range lasers are pretty much unstoppable as they snipe enemies before they get in range. The consequence is of course that my battleships are spitting out 200 95% accuracy lance shots per volley which is enough to smash anything. Likewise the corvettes are almost immune to damage by evading damage and point-defence-ing missiles.

There's several free updates coming out soon to increase the UI and AI but for now I think I've done my time with Stellaris until then.

stellaris%202016-05-24%2020-45-13-74.jpg

stellaris%202016-05-24%2020-39-24-89.jpg

Behold the Vassal swarm! Also, bug where the last enemy faction gained control of the space beasts.

stellaris%202016-05-24%2019-16-40-21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom