Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Steady On

will you sink down to me?

Uc8YOFF.png

|| Naneti Sso Jri Qorit, Kesh ||

Keeping tabs on the remnants of the Sith factions was beyond challenging. They had scattered like small fragments of glass over the expanse of space, catching and throwing the light of stars to disguise themselves. Tracking them, collecting them in a list of tabs for a rainy day, caused her the worst headaches she had ever experienced, worse than those caused by dehydration even, but she had to keep on. For the survival of her people, it was a bare necessity. A matter of proactive survival.

The names came to her very rarely, sometimes so much so that in the in between she began to forget her purpose.

One day, after such a lull, the name of Red came into her ear through one of her informants. He gave over her comm frequency too, this tidbit of information written on a piece of flimsiplast. She didn’t ask him where he had gotten either; it wasn’t important. Instead, she virtually penned a direct message.

:: Red ~

My name is not important, not until I know you are to be trusted. I suspect you will take no offense to that, assumedly having to take such care yourself these days. For full disclosure, I’m a Sith, but something of an independent, and not as an effect of circumstance but one of philosophy. I don’t expect you to believe me, but I’d like the chance to try to prove myself to you. I think we could make great allies to each other.

~ A potential friend
::

Now to go about her day waiting for a reply.

Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos

From an encrypted line, acting as a buffer between sender and recipient, Kaalia received a message addressed to a name she had not heard in quite some time. Only those interested in her history with the Sith would find a way to contact her. It seemed there were still others out there with that wish. With the precautions Kaalia took to ensure not just anyone could get in contact with her, this was no clueless soul or malevolent actor.

The galaxy had well and truly moved on from the Sith Empire as it once stood, many of its once-great names forgotten. Darth Avacyn died not long before the empire itself and the staggeringly short time it had taken for that name to vanish had been both a surprise and relief to the woman who had once been known by it. When someone sought to know of the lessons she had learned in Kaalia's previous life, though, she was happy to oblige. While no longer a Sith herself, a reshaping of what it meant to be one was in the interest of the galaxy as a whole. Every small step was one taken forward.

If that was what the stranger sought, at least.

:: Greetings,

I shall preface my response with the reassurance that not even the slightest hint of offense has been taken. Trustworthy souls are always the exception when Sith are involved. Caution is no luxury, as surely we both know.

While I no longer hold an active stake in the goals of any sect of Sith, my past will likely never allow me to fully separate myself from their world. For that reason, it is certainly possible that an alliance would be mutually beneficial. Consider me interested.

For reasons I cannot disclose, revealing my identity in writing would be against my own interests. In the name of discretion, I would suggest an in-person meeting on neutral ground. Public enough so neither of us can entrap the other, but private enough to not allow for eavesdropping. I will accept any reasonable suggestion.

I shall await your response.

- Red

will you sink down to me?

The reply would have pinged to Kaalia's datapad faster had there not been such slow and spotty service in Damsy's arm of the galaxy, or the communications hadn't been so encrypted on both women's parts. It came in its own time, nonetheless.

:: I am pleased that we know we shared some opinions at the very least. I have found myself a residence on Kesh, an unaffiliated planet, though one with a Sith history, in Wild Space. I am wary of leaving at present, as I am trying to help these people recover from said Sith history, but I will journey nearly anywhere if you do not deem Kesh a suitable option.

Let me know at your earliest convenience, for I am anticipating this meeting.

Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom