Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Station of Solace (SJO, TJO, and any/all Jedi)

xmh04Ir.png

The message had been received; in fact, he was already part of the way to Peace Station when the message pinged, attending to other matters. As such, when he read Chiara Viren's message, his plans to return to Laekia with new seedlings for his garden plots and other placements, along with other supplies, were altered then and there. The seedlings would be fine aboard his modest little transport, while he assisted his pupil and other healing hands with the task of treating wounds and easing pains of the body and mind.

Speaking of the mind, Ilias was beyond perceptive, so when he meandered through Peace to find the makeshift triage centre and spotted his fellow ginger making her way in, he also noted the blond-haired young man whose gaze lined up with her form retreating into the work; most might think nothing of it, given the number of others in the area, but Merrick Sato's lingering view of his pupil said a lot... as did the distinct impression of admiration seeping off of the Nabooian. Interesting. When Merrick left the area at a quick walk, Ilias kept the outward expression of his personal amusement to a minimum while pushing his sleeves up to his elbows and entering the fray of healing.

"Does he know how old you are, Miss Viren?"

That wasn't to say he didn't express that amusement in the faintly scandalous tone of his voice. She knew him well enough to know he wasn't making any assumptions; rather, he was poking a little fun at his oldest student, knowing a little as he did about being aged. When 900 years old you reach...

"It's a delight to see you, despite the circumstances. Tell me, what is your plan for this current situation?"

He was just as much here to lend a hand, as he was to see her at work, as it was just as much a reflection of her mind as it was of his teachings. Ilias looked around, visually assessing the situation more in-depth than he had done on the way in.

A'Sura Den A'Sura Den

Merrick Sato

M

PH8Crv1.png

"Stalwart, I will stand, until mountains turn to sand."

loCyN9g.png

"Psychometry? Not quite..." a faint almost-smile stopped at something close to a line, "...psychometry might tell you someone's been where an object is, but it won't lead you right to them. That's a bit like following clues," he informed. That was a skill he didn't have... yet. If he could find a mentor for it, it would be a fine complement to his other abilities. "What I'm speaking of is directly tracking a quarry."

He slipped his hands into the pockets of his trousers, the bottom edge of his tunic obscuring them. He didn't figure he'd be teaching here; but there was a first time for everything. Well, a second time, but with Chiara it was an exchange.

"Right now, the trail would be very fresh and easy to follow, for a novice - you're following traces of their presence with your senses alone - but when you don't know your quarry at all, it's harder to recognise their trail amongst all the others, and there are a lot of people on this station, anyway. So, we use a reference."

Merrick flicked a glance at the darkened corridor, then back to the three padawans.

"My apologies, I've been remiss," he said, fully sincere, "I'm Merrick Sato, a Jedi Knight."

lKC80sY.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Light that Banishes the Dark
A'Sura was proud of himself as he is grateful to be blessed with strong abilities by the force and is eternally thankful for it. A'Sura's hands went down to her shoulders and hands to her legs and feet. The damage might have declined and healed but the pain is still there. "I know, you are still hurt, you will be able to sleep soon. Breathe." With the will of the Force, A'Sura held her hand as he eases this woman's pain. "

Her body stopped shaking and with a breath of relief and a smile on her face; two words were said, "Thank you." A low response of thanks as she closed her eyes and went straight to sleep.

He left his post with a small smile on his face and looked around to see any severely wounded around the tent. There were MANY severely wounded and suffering. And many of them were treated but they were in pain. Some were grunting, a few were crying, and the unfortunate were surrounded by loved ones weeping, as he knew that what it meant. A'Sura Den took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself for the sorrows and screams he will hear for the remainder of his time. With the Force, may they rest at ease, knowing that he is here.

He would go between patents. A'Sura would focus on their pain and try to helped them be at ease, reduce their stress and agony with Control Pain. Only a few minutes besides each patent would they feel as if it is a miracle. And in truth, it is close as he was here for their needs. Some people were overjoyed and bowed with thanks. He simply lowered his head and left the tent without saying a word.

if they're watching anyways
340_cb20150423231845_3.png

"Um, guys? Kyra?" Her voice felt weak. They were moving so quickly, seeing past the first problem, moving on to the next. Soldiers being redeployed to the next battle. She was sure that it hadn't been their intention, but to her it seemed like the Jedi were plugging holes in the wall of a house that was crumbling around them. The white-haired padawan's words had quelled the fight, but the anger had given way to fear.

"What if my child is next?" "The Jedi aren't doing anything for us." "This place is dangerous." "We should leave."

The two fathers pulled their boys away, and the groups seemed to back away defensively, as if the padawan had threatened to take their children. It was likely that lashing out at each other was a result of their frustration about the situation. After all, they'd been brought here to be safe, protected by the Jedi while the dangers were cleared from Kintan and their homes could be rebuilt. Instead their children were disappearing, and it was clear to them that this little rag-tag group of Jedi wasn't officially assigned to fix that problem.

Auteme took a deep breath. They were all doing their best, and honestly that was more than she could say about herself. With a little more confidence, she stepped up to Kyra, Merrick, and the other young woman to speak. "That hallway probably leads towards the core of the station, there's another one like it that I've been down. Expect a lot of branching paths... I think the kids would be drawn to the Gatekeeper, actually. It's basically the station's Holocron guardian," she explained. "They might even just be resting there. The Gatekeeper... it's lonely, at times. Being shut away for thousands of years can do that."

She looked at the Nikto and Rodians, many of which had begun to return to their temporary homes. "They're afraid... fixing the problem is one thing, but letting them know we can fix it is another battle. We might be Jedi, but they know we're still just people -- they were at New Kalandra." She straightened, projecting a feeling of readiness to face this next challenge. "Go. Find the kids. I'll stay here and make sure everyone's alright."

Kyra blinked at Auteme in shock. "Wait, you're not gonna come?" Seemed to make a lot of sense to her that she should, Auteme had rattled off a solution to their problem before they could fully talk it out. The girl clearly knew the passage ways-- and where this holocron thingy was to boot! It felt wrong to leave Auteme along to a swath of angry people who had just tried to punch her. The girl was as much a padawan as her.

She guessed even with the combined numbers of TJO and SJO, there wasn't enough help to go around.

"I..." She shrugged, disappointed as she turned to the jedi knight promising cool new Technics they could use. "I'm Kyra!" She chirped, her mood turning on a dime. She jutted out her hand confidently, giving the jedi a good 'shakeshake'.

"This is Phalsi. Hey Phalsi, they hada give you a picture or something for us to identify em with, right? Station as big as this-- don't wanna grab the wrong kid!" Though the thought was somehow amusing! She resisted the urge to giggle, looking between her two new comrades. "It'd be from the parents-- That should do it?" Her voice rose in a hopeful cascade.

Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Merrick Sato Auteme Auteme

Elise

E
Elise blinked in subtle surprise, the question not what she expected for said friendly visit. The question seemed to weigh heavily on Wyatt's mind, and so with a friend 'pat' on his arm and a deep breath of her own, she began to compose an answer.

"The same as it ever was. The same as it is, right here, in this station. We work with all jedi, Wyatt. Our focus is the safety of innocents. It determines everything for us." She glanced back at Ria, including the woman in the moment with a warm smile. Her companion was one of the more eccentric ones of the group. Ria was a mixed bag, not fully jedi and scarred by a mixed past, it didn't stop her from stepping forward to do the right thing and help the helpless.

Elise found their partnership to be a great example about her order's willingness to work with others outside their own sect of thinking.

She looked back to Wyatt. She had hoped to speak to him as a person before transcending to more official talk, but since they were already there...

"I have good news. We've found several colonies near the core willing to take in the refugees and set them on the right path. We had considered Placing them back on their homeworld, and surely that will be an option again, but until the active sith threat has come to pass ..." She gave a heavy sigh, her work load no lighter than anyone elses since the devastating battle.

"We're making arrangements at once. Soon, your work with them can come to an end, and every man on this station can get a bit of needed rest."

Her men had been sent up too, working just as hard and diligent in the task of caring for such a large population. The burden was shared. Elise understood the urgent need to see the end of this through.

She gave him a small, hopeful smile, the light entering her eyes.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Riamah Riamah Aldric

Phalsi sighed, licking her lip and then biting it to keep from becoming irritable at people that were so ready for someone to help them, but not return the favor. Words were on her tongue, but she narrowed her eyes and remained silent. Jedi doing nothing pah! Shaking her head, she turned to listen to her speak, a bit happy about the information being given before realizing the man was joining them. The annoyance at that fact slipped away however at the mention of learning to track.

Kyra made quick work of introducing them both to the knight, making Phalsi shake her head and huff a short laugh at the sudden spurt of speech from her. "Uh, yeah...um." Blinking, her hands fumbled for a pocket before producing the pda she kept on her. She tapped a few times, the programs for the flickering lights and closing doors swiping to the left before Kyra saw it...hopefully.

"Here we go." She pulled up the picture, side eyeing the other padawan as she held out the picture to Merrick. Somehow she didn't think it would be the same, but she could very well have been wrong. "Just don't....swipe, or touch...buttons." Not suspicious at all as she tilted her head up to watch him over the edge of the screen.
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Merrick Sato Auteme Auteme

Chiara Viren

C

oTcgVEJ.png

"If I can stop one life from aching, then I shall not live in vain."

loCyN9g.png
A light red warmed her cheeks with a fleeting glance towards Merrick, though she recovered from the remark of Ilias astonishingly quick, without so much as skipping a beat. “A gentleman never asks a ladies age,” she quipped, rosebud lips giving way to a cheeky smirk.

Lavender eyes glanced down, tilting the datapad she’d kept tucked securely against her bosom out, just enough to get a look at it. “Right.” One index finger flipped across the screen to activate the device and she softly cleared her throat before speaking.

“I have here a run down of the available supplies and medical equipment on Peace, and even with the Silver’s aid we are short of demand. I’ve sectioned the most critical off, first, who will receive a regimented routine of bacta baths and Force Healing. Patients will need to be rotated. This way we don’t spread ourselves so thin that we become exhausted before the task is completed. Some of the other healers are already at task with this, doing what they can. Patients with non-life threatening wounds will be T&R’d with recommended follow ups over the next week.”

It was clinical, direct, and to the point. Once she was in her ‘mode’ it was hard to pull her back out of it. That wasn’t to say she was uncaring, but these kind of situations often called for blind focus and detachment. It was how she learned to protect her own mental well being to do the job required of her.

“Ready to get started?”

A Light Shining in Darkness
A soft sigh left his lips as he looked away from Elise to watch the aurebesh numbers pass on the screen - telling them how long until the elevator would have them on the surface of the ‘planet’. He let her finish, and his hands crossed over each other as she spoke of when the end of the refugees would come, but it wasn’t what he was hoping to have answered.​
The refugees are no concern, Elise.”, he offered back to her with a smile.​
More so, I mean the future of the Jedi. Yuroic seemed hyper-focused on dealing with Kintan first, and it is. The Galactic Alliance and the Republic are coming together to heal the Core, and they’ve accepted The Jedi Order as their advisors on the Force and the Sith. The Green Jedi, Ashlan Order, and what remains of the Sacred Lotus have all become ‘Jedi’.”, he said as he considered each of them and the words of Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill .​
I wanted to speak to you about just that…”, he said with a glance back to her.​
If the Alliance and Republic become a galaxy-spanning republic once again, I would like them to have a discussion with the planets you help protect. Bring them into the Republic, to create a stronger bulwark against the Sith.”, Wyatt said, hoping that the strength-in-numbers would have to be explained.​
But… for the Silvers, I would like them to become one with the Jedi Order as well. Together, I think we would have a future more beneficial for all involved - though I know historically, many of the Silver’s masters have been very much so against losing that identity. For me, those are the prevalent questions, whereas the refugees… They will find a home, in the Core, on their home planet, or on Peace. So long as they remain safe as they are, they are settled.”​
EliseAldric Riamah Riamah

Elise

E
A great sense of exhaustion filled Elise, her hands dropping from his arm. There had been a small comfort in talking to a friend as a friend, but that had been lost when he turned the conversation to this. "Oh, Wyatt," she took a heavy breath, then answered.

"Our work on Kintan has been a great first encounter. Silvers are hearing your name for the first time. What's more, the community's willingness to work with others has really improved. But news of your last meeting has left many jedi uncomfortable. It is clear you envision jedi working one way. Whether or not it is correct, the reality is-- it's not what everyone wants. "

"Forcing change would cause strife. Do you realize that? I feel like you are so caught up in this concept of how jedi should be that you forget that under the robes they are just fallible people. I don't fault anyone for their reservations. Even the ones that scoff at my order's name," she concluded, her tone lilting.

"I will continue to encourage my order to work with all jedi, and our future will be no less prosperous for it. This first encounter with our two orders has been a great success, don't you think? Now about these refugees. We will be rehoming them on H'rrath. It's a very lush planet near the core. We would love to have you there."

The Light that Banishes the Dark
Hours of working on healing the wounded, hearing their pain, witnessing their agony and screams, seeing their wounds, all that was mentally taxing on A'Sura. He really doesn't want to be here, the grieving and the sadness is something he isn't comfortable with. But, no one surely is after that.

Chiara Viren Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau

A'Sura listened to Chiara after he finished "Many of them are already close to healed, but would need to be in a bacta tank to repair some lost flesh, and torn tissue. And the supplies, shortage is an understatement, before the day is over, or the next day, the medicine they'll need for the pain will be depleted. "

He took a deep breath to prepare himself to go to work again in the miserable room filled with depressed patients. "I'm sorry, was so busy, I didn't get your names?" He asked the two jedi of their names so it would be easier to work with them helping the patients.

A Light Shining in Darkness
For a moment, Wyatt couldn’t help but cock a brow to her - confused as the assumption he hoped the Jedi to be ‘one way’. As he remembered, the meeting involved him defending the right of Jedi to fight back, and helping to consolidate their efforts to something feasible and coordinated - while others demanded the Jedi stand down, to focus on diplomacy, which even that he had told them was viable, but under their own efforts.​
I’m… confused, Elise, I apologize.”, he said after a moment to shake his head.​
Strife has been the status of the Jedi for years - and I understand me hoping for change will cause more, but… could you help me understand the Jedi working ‘one way’? I did what I could at the meeting to ensure the argument for pacification was not the only one, by ensuring Jedi willing to volunteer to fight back could, while many others demanded we do nothing.”, he said with a shake of his head.​
It was those same volunteers that helped save Kintan. Where could this effort be made more clear?”​
But as she moved to change the subject rather haphazardly, he sighed and acquiesced. If Elise didn’t want to discuss the topic further, then there wouldn’t be a hope to do so. They weren’t close, and while she had helped the initial discussions with Yuroic - perhaps that was the limit.​
Yes, H’rrath…”, he finally offered back. “Considering I live on Peace, I’m sure I’ll be there. For a while.”, he offered back with a weak smile.​
Another year of strife. It seemed more likely the Sith would be stopped solely by their own infighting than anything the Jedi could manage. The thought didn’t sit well with Wyatt as he closed in on himself - letting the rest of the elevator ride be a touch colder.​
EliseAldric Riamah Riamah

Merrick Sato

M

PH8Crv1.png

"Stalwart, I will stand, until mountains turn to sand."

loCyN9g.png

Merrick listened with pointed focus as Auteme Auteme lightly informed him and the others of the intricacies of the station. That there were many paths was expected - any station this big, or even smaller, was bound to be as such - but the Gatekeeper wasn't, and it pulled on his long-tamed curiosity just enough to make him keep further pursuit of the subject in the back of his mind. It had to wait; there were more pressing matters at hand.

Speaking of hands... Kyra's energy didn't seem to come down, with the way she moved from one interaction to the next, the handshake almost, almost taking him by surprise, as she made the introductions. One Kyra, one Phalsi, and their attempts to understand the impromptu lesson he was attempting to give. Merrick accepted the device with care, and focused on the picture a moment or two to commit it to memory, then a moment or two of focusing on the device itself and running a finger softly along one of its edges, appearing as if he was caressing the thing. The Nabooian then raised his eyes to look on Phalsi, and held the device out to her.

"Knowing what the children look like will help, but this is only so reliable in tracking," he said as he handed the PDA off, "Faces can change, locations can be crowded... anyway, all I'm saying is I'll need one thing belonging to each child, to make this search faster. I'll explain more about how this is done, once we get going."

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

lKC80sY.png

if they're watching anyways
340_cb20150423231845_3.png

Auteme shook her head and gave an encouraging smile in response to Kyra's question. "No, it's fine. I love to explore, but I'm no good at this sort of stuff." Kyra, Phalsi, and Merrick were obviously more experienced than she was -- Auteme hadn't been on a field mission in forever. Sitting around and researching was nice, but when it came to practical application, she was leagues behind everyone else.

Still, there were always small ways she could help. Spending all this time observing from afar, searching for specifics, and wandering around the station meant her powers of observation were sharp. She waited for a lull in the others' conversation to clear her throat and get their attention. "Ahem..." Auteme pointed at the floor of the dark tunnel, where a thick layer of dust was visible... aside from the area that had been disturbed by the passing of little feet. When they'd arrived, the maintenance droids had long been deactivated, and even now the ones they did have were going through hallways that were in use by the Jedi. The tunnel that stood before them had long stood undisturbed.

It was a good reminder, that the Force wasn't everything. One's own eyes were quite useful.

That was all the wisdom she had to impart upon the other Jedi, so with her work finished she began to take her leave, giving a small wave goodbye to the two padawans and the knight. She'd be on her own from now on, but she believed she could inspire the hope she had for the Jedi's success in others. Rodians and Nikto were tough. She needed to be the opposite.

xmh04Ir.png

He leaned over for a view of her screen, listening intently as she spoke. Her training with him, those many years ago, before her life took a different path, before atypical circumstances brought her back in this place and time, was thorough and multifaceted. He could see that she wore it well, and would be just as fitted to the clinical atmosphere of a hospital, and likely as at-home in a small village, steeped with deep beliefs and reliance on herbs and bandages, if not the village 'witch'.

"Your plan is sound," he said, light approval colouring his tone, "I am ready; a Jedi should always be... but you know that."

The thought to turn to get to work was going through his mind when one of the other healers approached to inform on the current progress from his and others' efforts. It was heartening that there were enough Jedi healers in the galaxy for there to be ones he hadn't met... not that he had been spending near as much time amongst other Jedi as he used to.

"In the past nine centuries, I have learned that there are ways and means when conventional methods run out or fail," he said, his gaze having briefly returned to the 'pad to check a couple details, only shifting to regard the Thyrsian on the next breath, "with our without the Force. Ways to renew one's self, so that the work can continue, and so on."

A short, warm smile appeared to light his face.

"I am Master Ilias Nytrau," he informed, finally; then with an open-palmed gesture to one side: "and this is my protégé, Knight Chiara Viren."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom