Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Start Your Engines

START YOUR ENGINES

e4927927ea62906e0e711404f52389f923380159.jpg

Where: Jedha
Who: Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos & whomever else cares to join.
"Start your engines! On your mark, get set, GO!" The announcer screamed.

Sanne grinned as the podracers blasted by her. She moved wisps her long red hair from her face took a deep breath, this felt like home. Confusing as that was, considering she had no actual memory of what home is, it was something. A clue of some sort. The dry desert air, the screams and shouts of fans praying they bet on the right racer, the mixed smells of fuel and some sort of fried food... it was all sort of, nostalgic? Or like some sort of distant dream.

Today was a special day on Jedha, the races scheduled were made up of both local and visiting racers. These races were highly anticipated by the locals, a day to focus on something other than the hardships they experienced here. You could feel the buzz of joy and excitement in the air. Parades and vendors filled the streets and people led today with happiness rather than the usual desert dread.

Sanne had been on Jedha a few months doing odd jobs when she heard about the races. An elderly woman called Galeyn who had hired Sanne to help her with errands would go on and on about her late son who would race in years past. One day she showed Sanne her son's pod racer which had been left idle for years. She was more than happy to allow Sanne to borrow it, to see the pod racer back in action again. So Sanne entered herself into the competition, hoping that following this gut instinct would award her some clarity on her less-than-clear past.

She now stood with her pod racer in the racer waiting area. She waxed the surface of the cockpit till she could see herself in its reflection and smiled, today she would win, she told herself. She had modified her pod racer to now include a third engine on the back, a lifted cockpit for better visuals, and a few surprises for more fun. This machine would do the job. Once she felt happy with the presentation of her vessel, she leaned against one of the engines and surveyed the area. What would the competition be like today?​

Racer: RMV-EV40 Skychaser Swoop Bike
Equipment: FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
Position: 7th - Qualifying Position
Tags: Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos

Did she have a death wish?

If Eleena did, it was matched only by an overpowering desire to ride, her lifelong addiction to the sensation of speed compelling her to take part in another race, her second event after her very first, the Kalidan Fried Ewok 450 on Shuldene. She had traveled outside of Eternal Empire territory for this race, set at an unfamiliar course which she had been practicing for the last three days, making countless adjustments with her engineer in the process to shave as much time as she could off her pace. While her experience as a military swoop ace was a boon, there were many semi-professional and skilled amateur pilots in the field, who had been racing for far longer than she had been alive.

Fortunately, the strand-cast had not been alive for long.

Her engineer, Seelwa Jillim, made a few final adjustments to her machine as Eleena stood by, her helmet held against her hip as she looked over the other craft in the pit area. As far as the Twi’lek knew, she had the only bike in the field. It seemed that everyone else, with the exception of her girlfriend, would be in larger podracers or landspeeders, though it was possible that other bikes were out of her sight, likely hidden from view behind larger podracers. They would be difficult for her to follow in the corners, due to the dirty air generated in their wake, which would have a more pronounced effect on her comparatively tiny speeder bike. However, when it came to the straights, she had a massive advantage, as she would be able to more easily ride in their draft, while producing very little slipstream of her own, making it harder for others to follow her.

In order to win, she would need to get to the front, and fast.

Her gaze shifted to the podracer ( Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes ) in the box next to hers in the pits, a triple-engine design which she guessed would be extremely fast in the straights, though its performance in the corners remained to be seen. Eleena glanced over the machine, catching her own reflection in its shiny hull, along with that of the woman that she presumed to be its pilot. The pale-skinned Twi’lek offered her a soft smile when their gazes met, before deciding to make conversation.

Perhaps she could learn something.

“That pod’ looks fast. I've never seen a triple-engine design before.” She began, blush coming over her cheeks as she spoke. “Have you raced this course before? How’d you qualify yesterday?”

Last edited:
There wasn't much time left before Kaul was deployed again, just when the GA made Jedha more than just a pile of corpses and actually livable Revenant Squad was back in space. "We've worked so hard," Kaul growled while he witnessed a small Podracing event. "Can't we relax just for one minute?" Of course, given how extremely loyal Tren Chaar Tren Chaar was to the Galactic Alliance rest was only a suggestion rather than a necessity. Seriously if the GA was a woman, then Kaul was convinced that Tren would be her biggest stalker. The man couldn't shut up without talking about how important the GA was to maintaining peace.

"The GA is doing a half-assed job," Kaul muttered. "Well better enjoy what time I have left here."

At least the people in Jedha ran a Podracing event. From Kaul heard it was to raise credits for refugees though the Pilot suspects it was to quell the boredom. With the Brotherhood kicked off the planet there's nothing left but dust and echoes.

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes , Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa

Equipment: Spacers Leather Jacket, LabRec Harness, Utility Belt, Necklace
Position: 8th - Qualifying Position

Ruby was listening to the sounds around her, all different but blending as her hands ran over over sleek twin engine death pod she would be pitting against a few others. It wasn't the largest or even the flashiest thing on the field. A shimmering copper tone hiding the true color in the shade of the pit wall she was stationed by.

The machine sang to her as she listened, hands flowing across the components that only added to the choir she was hearing.

It had always been like this with machinery for her. From starfighters to binary loaders, everything seemed to have a song if one would stop and listen. But it seemed something beyond the capabilities of regular people after her introduction to the Knights Obsidian. An ability that wasn't commonplace or easily used. Which wasn't entirely comforting in her mind.

Her helmet waited on her seat as she worked, hair kept in a bun as she slowly circled around the pod-racer making final adjustments. She hadn't pushed hard during the qualification laps, instead using it to get a feel for the track. Letting herself be immersed in the drive as much as possible before the truly dangerous portion of the race began.

Competition.

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos

Overseer for Imperial Scientific Development

Riding: Phantom
Accompanied by: Plushee Companion Droid
Wearing: Guarderma Bio-suit
Ship: Luminary class light explorer exchanging crew space for biolabs
Adobe-Post-20210822-1242520-38650126531551476.png

Racer: Customised and race modified Phantom
Position: 9th - Qualifying Position

How long had it been since Trinity had raced? Years, she was a champion once, winning multiple races in her university days on the non-augmented circuit. But now she was here, much further back on the grid than she would have liked but hey, no harm in that, just more racing to do. And the view from her position behind Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa wasn't a downside either. She kneeled by her bike and ran her hands down the chassis wiping sand away from the metallic paint job that she had on in. Her custom modifications gave it some extra guts that would certainly be needed against the competition. She looked at the variety of machines. It's a shame they weren't all issued the same machine like in her university days, that made the competition so much more interesting, it didn't matter what you had between your legs, it was how you used it.

"Hey Eleena! Good luck out there, I packed a picnic, shall I get it set up by the finish line while I wait for you?" she looked over at the pod racer in 8th, cool looking machine, no was of working out their performance by looking at them. They were so varied, she was sure pod racing was invented when someone accidently snagged their bath tub to a jet engine and just went with it.

Trinity had been practising over the last few days and she felt like she had the lay of the track down alright. She climbed on her bike and visualised the turns one by one, her ship had mapped it out for her too and the computers had given her suggested lines to take, but she never trusted those calculations, they couldn't take into account the on the spot variables and how a certain line might make you feel, sure you could knock a tenth of a second pulling up here, but then lose that little buzz that helps you break later into the next bend.

Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Christina Locke Christina Locke

Sanne was lost in her thoughts when a voice pulled her out of her daze. A Twi'lek woman to her right had asked her a question... something about qualifying. Qualifying? Think Sanne, think... Oh right!

"I got 6th position."

Sanne smiled nervously. She was getting bits and pieces back about pod racing but they really needed to come back faster. She was starting to look like she knew nothing of this sport, although her qualifying position said otherwise. When she got in her pod at the qualifying race yesterday, all anxieties and confusion quelled. A wave of calm had washed over her that she hadn't felt since waking up in the hospital with no memories. She knew her past life had to include pod racing, it's the only thing that made any sense to her. She drew her attention back to the Twi'lek.

"I dig the bike. You a local or visiting?"

Sanne stepped forward to get a closer look at the bike but as she did she felt her foot drag in something. No... No no no no! Something was leaking from Sanne's pod racer. What the mystery liquid was apparently was outside of her wheelhouse. She knew how to mod something but knowledge pertaining to inside her pod was not something she knew. Or at least... the memories hadn't decided to make themselves known yet. Sanne threw herself under the pod, desperately looking for the source of the leak.​

Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Christina Locke Christina Locke Trinity Harris Trinity Harris

Kaul relaxed against the bleachers, a Double Cheeseburger he bought from McYoda's in hand. He enjoyed Podracing as a kid and would slice into people's Holochannels just to watch the local races. The Galactic Alliance weren't fans of the sport given its high mortality rate, the Ratts Tyrell Foundation SuperPAC had the ears of influential senators including Dantooines to pass law restricting Podracing. Despite the legality of Podracing, Kaul was knowledgeable about it even serving as a mechanic after his dad threw him out of the House.

If there was one thing that Kaul took pride in beside his good looks and his piloting skills was his mechanical know how. Podracing especially was a specialty of his and Kaul made a decent living lending his talents to Podracers. Until he met Delgad that is. The Pilot sighed, images of Delgad's limp corpse was still fresh in his mind. Already he could smell burnt flesh from where he shot him. Kaul didn't mean to, he wanted to leave Delgad didn't want to let go of his golden goose. They argued which quickly turned into a brawl, Kaul may be taller than the Dug but he sure as hell wasn't a fighter. Besides, Dugs have strong legs which often serve as their hands something Kaul learned when Delgard wrapped his feet around his neck.

He closed his eyes trying not to remember the rest of the fight but it was tough to do so. His mind was hellbent in sending reliving the event and his entire body was helpless to resist. Thankfully, Kaul was snapped out from his horrible memories when he heard someone lamenting over their Podracer. Kaul blinked and saw a woman quickly go under her Pod to quickly fix her leaking Pod. He sighed, wondering if it was a good idea to help but she did look overwhelmed and besides the race was already getting boring.

"Hey there," Kaul jumped off from the stands. "It seems that your fuel injection systems are outdated," He knelt down. "I can already see your thrust coils barely hanging in there. Gimmie a piece of metal and I can temporarily use as a stand in but you're gonna have to get both of these thrust coils replaced."

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes , Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa , Christina Locke Christina Locke , Trinity Harris Trinity Harris

Tags: Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Christina Locke Christina Locke

The brunette racer seemingly snapped out of a daze as Eleena spoke, the pale-skinned pilot giving a nervous smile as she watched the wheels turn in the woman’s mind. Without a doubt, she was far faster in the seat of a podracer than she was as a conversationalist, if her qualifying position was any indication. Starting at sixth position, that triple-engine beast would be a fast machine, though Eleena hoped that she might be able to jump it off the line, by capitalizing on her bike’s power-to-weight ratio and propulsion accelerator.

“Sixth?” The Twi’lek’s tattooed eyebrows rose in awe. “Then I’m going to be right behind you! I qualified seventh. There was some understeer in the technical sections for me, but I’m hoping that the new setup my engineer configured last night will fix them.” Eleena said.

"I dig the bike. You a local or visiting?"

It was only then that Eleena noticed an unknown liquid flowing in a small rivulet across the sandy ground. The Twi’lek initially turned to look at her own speeder bike, fearing that it was coming from her machine. Fortunately, Seelwa gave her thumbs-up, only for his expression to shift to a frown when he noticed the liquid as well, coming from the woman’s podracer.

Eleena could not have been more glad she had someone to work on her bike. If she had been asked to fix her own machine, the Twi’lek simply wouldn’t know where to begin.

“Thanks…I came in from the Unknown Regions, but umm…there’s something coming from your pod.” Eleena answered, blinking nervously just as the woman turned around and slipped under her podracer to address the issue.

Nevertheless, in racing, an opponent’s misfortune would likely be to her benefit.

"Hey Eleena! Good luck out there, I packed a picnic, shall I get it set up by the finish line while I wait for you?"

“Oh, how thoughtful of you, Trinity~” Eleena turned around, the melodic, teasing voice of her girlfriend ringing against her ears in a manner that left the bike racer feeling oh-so-loved. “Unfortunately, I might just have somewhere to be and won't be able to make it.” She replied, a playful frown manifesting across her features as she did. “A crying shame, but…”

Then, before Trinity climbed on her bike, Eleena moved in to kiss her girlfriend on the lips.

“I’ll be waiting for you at the finish line~” The Twi’lek whispered in soft, affectionate tones. “Don’t crash, okay?”

Laying in a pile of goo staring up at the inner workings of her pod Sanne groaned. This is not how today was supposed to go. A malfunctioning pod minutes before the start of the race was not part of the plan. She was supposed to fly straight into first place, have a serendipitous moment where the thrill of winning brought lost memories flooding back. None of that could happen if she couldn't even get off the ground.

Right before pulling on a cord that may or may not have been integral to her pod working Sanne saw a pair of boots standing next to her pod and a voice say:

"It seems that your fuel injection systems are outdated, I can already see your thrust coils barely hanging in there. Gimmie a piece of metal and I can temporarily use as a stand in but you're gonna have to get both of these thrust coils replaced."

Sanne peered out from under the pod. A man who she recognized from the stands had come over and offered assistance. Maybe today is turning around. He spoke of fuel injection systems and thrust coils, most of which went over her head. But a piece of metal? That she could do. Sanne ran over to a discarded scrap pile and found something she thought would work. She offered it to the man after wiping off some goo that had dripped from her jacket onto the metal. She smiled sheepishly.

"Thanks. I'm hopeless at this kind of stuff I guess. But you seem to be an expert. I'm Sanne by the way."

Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Christina Locke Christina Locke

The beautiful thing about Durasteel is that it was can adapt to any system. With Podracers though, it can only provide a temporary stopgap for the thrust coils. Normally Kaul wouldn't bother to get up to do these sorts of repairs unless he gets paid but the woman in particular was very cute so perhaps, he can spend what little energy he had. Taking out two Durasteel springs that he originally made to replace some springs on his Holoprjector, Kaul knelt down and reached into the warm engine integrating one of the springs into the pod.

"Nice to meet you Sanne," Kaul said. "And might I remark that you look absolutely beautiful? Name's Kaul: Best Pilot in the Core Worlds."

He shifted over to the other Pod and began to replace the thrust coil. "Yeah, this racer is pretty ancient," he remarked. "Have you done proper checks on this thing. We're gonna have to do a full replacement soon. Your Coolant Radiator looks like it's about to hit the ghost." Kaul shook his head. "Got any Pit Droids?" he said. "I'm not sure if your Podracer can hold out any longer sweetheart. You're welcome to try though but don't rage if your Pods blow up due to lack of maintenance."

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes , Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa , Trinity Harris Trinity Harris , Christina Locke Christina Locke

Last edited:

She took herself from her thoughts, listening to someone lay on the worst bit of a one liner she had had come across. Hazel eyes stared at the Kaul before abandoning her own rig to walk over and glance over the three engine rig. It was outdated, but even the worst things could be made to fly.

"Anyone got engine tape and an electric spanner? I can at least make it survive this run." She hollered to the droids beside the pits. They looked to one another briefly, exchanging binary before one scampered off and the other held a manipulator up in mimicked motion of one moment. The Locke-alike turned to Sanne and Kaul in a measured stare.

"Best pilot of things that are pristine maybe. Don't call yourself the best if you can't make a bucket with an engine taped to it glide through the Kessel Run, eh?" Ruby sassed him, taking a look in the engine with a frown. "Feth this thing-"

She didn't speak any more as the pit droids returned and she gave them another set of orders. "Get me a fifty meter snake tool and-yes the bendy thing now." she held her thumb against the radiator cooler before making a mumbling amendment. "That looks like a thirteen but I'd say ten mil flex coil hosing. Oh- animated metal sealant too."

The droid was staring at her as she clapped her hands together and stared expectantly before it ran off to fulfill the order.

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos

Sanne stepped aside to let Kaul start repairs on her pod. He delivered a cheesy line that made her chuckle. "You're too kind. And you're right, this time of year is great for me... any other season? Well that's just downright scary."

He started working on the other pod and Sanne followed. "This is actually just on loan, she was pulled out of retirement, rather begrudgingly I might add. She just has to make it through this race, then... I will know what to do next."

She wasn't sure if she was saying that remark to Kaul or just trying to convince herself that participating in this race would provide her some sort of clarity on what her plan would be going forward. She refocused on Kaul. "Best pilot in the core worlds, huh? Then why are you in the stands? You scared because you've realized you're only second best now that I'm here?"

Another pilot participating in the race walked over and started yelling orders to the pit droids. Sanne smiled gratefully. "I appreciate what you're doing, both of you. But I wouldn't expect you to help the competition... Are people of this planet just more generous than I'm used to?"

Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Christina Locke Christina Locke

Trinity had that grin on her face, a grin reserved for racing, it was a devilish and competitive smile that Eleena would only have seen when they were doing really competitive training. Looking around at the mixture of rocket propelled death traps and wondered how many of these people raced for sustenance, or to settle debts, where it was win or nothing. Trinity could race because she enjoyed it, it wasn't her job or something she needed to do. Eleena was here for the same reasons she assumed as she watched the beautiful white Twi'lek walk over and kiss her.

“I’ll be waiting for you at the finish line~” The Twi’lek whispered in soft, affectionate tones. “Don’t crash, okay?”
Trinity was about to make a witty come back about who would be waiting for who, but then realised Eleena was just being affectionate. "I will really try not to, you too my little queen." she had a sudden flash of concern that reminded her why she was glad she wasn't allowed to know when the fly girl's missions were launching. "At least nobody is trying to shoot you down today." she smiled sweetly and reached for her helmet, stealing one last kiss before she clipped it on. This was going to be good fun, the additional dials on her Phantom glowed in front of her, the after-market friction shields and afterburner would give her the power she needed to keep up, and the bike was in immaculate condition, you always feed your horse before you feed yourself, it was a military idiom but it served her well as a field scientist in dangerous terrain.

Trinity saw Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes wrestling with some leak and ask for some sealant, if she didn't get some quickly that leak looked fatal, and those diminutive mechanic droids could be idiot. "Hey 8th!" she shouted as she grabbed a silver metal tube of nano-sealant out of her emergency kit. "try using this for your leak." she threw the tube to the other racer for her to catch, it was an advanced sealant that would mould itself to the leak rapidly and form a coat easily as good as the metal around it, if not better, considering the state of the machine.

Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Christina Locke Christina Locke

Last edited:
Kaul continued to inspect Senna's Podracer, he was still skeptical that it will remain intact but Sanna looked determined to race. "All right racer girl," Kaul did a quick walk around at the Podracer. "I guess I'll be your pit crew, just give me a toolbox and watch me work miracles!"

Though even he can't prevent the Podracer from decaying even more. It was like watching an old action star trying to perform the same moves that they've done in their prime. "Nah Jedha has been through a massive battle," Kaul said. "The people are just trying to help each other out you know?"

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes , Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa , Trinity Harris Trinity Harris , Christina Locke Christina Locke

Tags: Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Christina Locke Christina Locke

Stepping back from the kiss, before giving a soft giggle at the mentioned fact that this was only a race and not an aerial dogfight over a bombed-out city, Eleena gave her girlfriend a weary, yet relieved smile. And yet, she knew that this world had seen war recently as well with the invasion of the Maw, an enemy who the swoop ace had been one of the very first to fight before they had risen to become a galactic superpower. Ironically, war was why Eleena was here. Ultimately, the strand-cast had been created to fight. She had taken up racing in order to better condition her body for the demands of riding, high-powered jet swoops, in the process making herself a better pilot and a more efficient aerial huntress. Her passion, a lifelong addiction to the sensation of speed, was certainly part of her motivation as well, but it was by no means the driving factor for her being here.

Turning to look over the scene building around the podracer in the pit box adjacent to her own, Eleena snickered at the handsome, sepia-toned rogue’s pick-up line, his poofy ‘fro a mild curiosity to the short-statured Twi’lek, who possessed no hair of her own, with the exception of her eyelashes. She also found her attention drawn to the other woman, who bore an almost striking resemblance to a certain, famous individual, exactly who, Eleena couldn't place. However, the galaxy was massive beyond comprehension and there were sure to be plenty of doppelgängers.

“Helping the competition, hmm?” Eleena said to her girlfriend in a soft, teasing tone, after she offered the woman a tube of sealant. “If they get that machine working…those three engines could pull hard on the straights.” Eleena said. Fortunately, the Twi’lek was very confident in her bike’s top speed capabilities. The Skychaser had gotten her a podium finish at the Kalidan Fried Ewok 450. She hoped that it could do the same here.

“Wonder how much more time she’ll have to get it fixed…” Eleena mused softly. After the race finished, it wouldn’t be long before they were called to the starting line for the next heat.

Last edited:
"I guess I'll be your pit crew, just give me a toolbox and watch me work miracles!"​

She smiled at Kaul. "I honestly don't know what I would've done if you hadn't stepped in today... Thank you." She looked around at her competitors who had also lended a hand. "Thank you, all of you"

Sanne stood to the side as Kaul worked on her pod, handing him tools when requested. She grimaced a little, nerves starting to set in as the race loomed closer. She prayed Kaul was as good as he claimed to be, that he'd be able to get her pod in good enough shape to complete the course. "Last thing I need is another crash." she thought. She paused. "Another crash?" Sanne murmured. Suddenly she was bombarded with images of a race, similar to this one. She was racing. Then she was winning. She felt the wind on her face, the fans cheering in the stands, they shouted Sanne! Sanne! Sanne! Then she was falling.

Sanne gasped as the memories subsided. She HAD raced before... but clearly it hadn't ended well. Was that how she had lost her memory? She wanted to explore this revelation further when she was interrupted by the announcer over the loud speaker.

Racers, take your positions. The next race will start in two minutes!

She turned to Kaul to see if he had been able to repair what was damaged. "What's the prognosis doc?"

Racers, take your positions. The next race will start in two minutes!

“Well, that answers that question…” Eleena commented softly, as she glanced back to the podracer, which was still being worked over by the smooth-talking mechanic and the two brunettes. Then, Eleena turned to her girlfriend and moved to kiss her one last time before the race began.

“I’ll see you on the podium~”

Nodding to her engineer, Eleena placed her helmet over her head, feeling the seal tighten around her lekku as she climbed in the pillion of her bike. The roar of the crowd very nearly drowned out all noise as Eleena slowly rode out to the starting grid, moving through a corridor of spectators inside the paddock, many of whom snapped pictures and took videos as she did. Before long, Eleena was parked in her spot on the grid, giving a deep breath as she breathed in the atmosphere of the race.

“Systems are reading as nominal, Eleena.” The deep bass of her engineer's voice hummed against her ears. “We’re all set.” He continued. “Remember, Strat 6 off the line. Strat 6. Maximum power, full Aether. Make sure to heat that engine up.”

“Copy, Seelwa.” Eleena replied, before giving the engine a few gentle revs, as more racers began to line up in their spots on the grid.

“Perfect. We’re gonna do great, Eleena.”

She thanked Trinity as the flex hose was also handed to her. Snaking the first tool into the hose before shoving it through the old line with a little too much ease for her comfort. When it stopped feeding she let the end of the metal sealant fit against it and squeezed around the edges of the flex tube.

Counting down, she wiggled the snake tool and counted again as the to prepare was given.

"That'll get you through but don't expect to fix that cooler as is. Scrap it and buy new if you can. It isn't coming apart." Sliding off the thing, she coiled the snake tool up and handed it off to a droid before hopping into the sled.

Blowing out a breath, she donned the helmet and spooled up the engines. She slowly maneuvered onto the field and into her grid, staring ahead as the engines whirled and warmed up.

Her hands sailed over the controls, focusing on her podracer as she felt the turbines in her legs. Toes spreading in her boots as the engines whined a bit louder. Her fingers flexed and the veins along the engine opened and closed in mimicked motion. A heavy breath in had the twin engines separating against the electric binder between them.

Blowing out they drew closer together.

She settled in, waiting for the green.

Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos

Kaul wanted to be blunt with Sanne and tell her that her Podracer will need a serious rework. However, with the race minutes away and a large chunk of the crowd screaming Sanne's name, Kaul decided to hold back. He'll have to perform miracles to make sure that this thing doesn't float and sputter. "It's looking decent," Kaul said mentally kicking himself for actually saying that. "I'll do what I can but your Pods are fragile as it is."

The Pilot sighed. "One burst of acceleration and your pod will be hotter than the twin Suns of Tatooine. So, play it safe and nothing too flashy."

Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa , Sanne Kordes Sanne Kordes , Trinity Harris Trinity Harris

Trinity watched as Eleena walked awY and got onto her swoop. The two minute call started her heart racing as she began to make the final checks on her own bike, she sank down into her riding position and felt the vibrations from the overcharged motor rising up through her loins as she tried to make herself one with the machine and feel its purring.

Around her, everyone else was settling on in to their own prelaunch motions. Everything was peaceful in her ears, she hadn't found herself a crew chief like a lot of the racers, probably a mistake but it might be too late now. She focused ahead of her and her HUD system pinged up with the data from her bike readouts.

"Good luck everyone, don't die" she said quietly to herself almost ironically as with the pods about there was a greater than likely change of fatalities, even if her and Eleena had showed up with advanced and well maintained machines.

As the 30 second times came up she kicked up the stands and the bike gently bobbed in place, she revved the engines and she felt it rocking against the break, she needed a banging start to make sure herower overall power wouldn't entirely hinder her. She would hit the afterburner a few seconds after she left the line as too early and she might flip the bike.

Countdown was coming, she was ready to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom