Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech RVX-15 Aether Short-Time Propulsion Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a propulsion accelerator for the closed market.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • When activated, able to accelerate a vehicle to over one-thousand kilometers per hour for a short amount of time. This time amounts to around one minute before the Aether is forced to cut out.
  • Acceleration from a vehicle's speed to top acceleration takes one-second for every hundred kilometers-per-hour slower that the vehicle is traveling when compared to one-thousand km/h.
    • Ex: A vehicle traveling at a normal speed of six-hundred km/h will take four seconds to accelerate to top speed.
  • Heat sink and shock-absorbent gel allow for longer activation time and prevent damage into internal components.
STRENGTHS
  • Speed Boost: The Aether is for a short time able to accelerate a vehicle to over one-thousand kilometers-per-hour, without injury to internal units.
WEAKNESSES
  • Short Time: The Aether's speed boost only lasts for a short amount of time, meaning that it cannot serve as a primary propulsion unit.
DESCRIPTION
The RVX-15 Aether Short-Time Propulsion Accelerator is exactly what its name suggests; a propulsion accelerator that is only able to boost for a short time. Vehicles who use the Aether to 'run hot' will be able to boost their vehicles up to speeds of over one-thousand kilometers-per-hour, without any injury to internal units. However, the speed boost will last for only a short amount of time, meaning that it cannot serve as a primary propulsion unit. Altogether, the Aether is a powerful accelerator unit that will no doubt be of use in the future.

Last edited:
Alban Roble Alban Roble

What are the limitations for what vehicles that this can be used for?
  • Size
  • Weight
  • Mode of transportation (Wheels, Repulsors, Bipedal, etc)
  • Previous speed ability.
How long does it take for it to be able to push a vehicle to this speed?
How long is "Short duration?"
How fast are we talking about "OVER" 1,000km/h?
Does the top speed of a vehicle increase should it already be capable of this speed?
Can this be attached to Ships for usage in Atmospheric conditions?
What fuel system does it use in order to get to this speed?

This submission is over all extremely vague with no real description other than what is written into the Strengths and weaknesses. Which are not very fleshed out.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Weird. I had originally responded, and from my end, it had appeared that I had posted two replies, so I edited the second comment. Apparently there was no 'first' reply.

I've updated the submission to reflect the information that I feel would be relevant.

Alban Roble Alban Roble

Apologies for the delay. I must have missed your tag.

So in essence, this can speed up a vehicle to its Max Speed faster. Not making the vehicle suddenly have the ability to go above that speed unless they were already able to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom